Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

is the US even out of it's first wave? what exactly constitutes a wave cycle here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's true that it was the conservatives that began politicizing the act of mask wearing

what was being criticized was Biden and the Democrats leaning into it

"leaning into it" to me would be something along the lines of "official Biden 2020 masks to show that you want a President who Believes In Science."

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

empty whippet box posted:

they absolutely are doing that. I think the dems aren't going to fight for extending unemployment benefits because they would rather things go to poo poo badly enough that they have a shot of winning against trump without having to pick a good candidate, it's their only shot

I think they're not gonna fight for extending unemployment benefits because they're corporate-owned cowards and liars.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

"leaning into it" to me would be something along the lines of "official Biden 2020 masks to show that you want a President who Believes In Science."

I think maybe the tone that everyone else is getting from that tweet is not what you get from it for whatever reason. It definitely feels like leaning into it to me.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I think they're not gonna fight for extending unemployment benefits because they're corporate-owned cowards and liars.

bothskies

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

they absolutely are doing that. I think the dems aren't going to fight for extending unemployment benefits because they would rather things go to poo poo badly enough that they have a shot of winning against trump without having to pick a good candidate, it's their only shot

They aren't going to fight for extending UI because they disagree with extending it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

lol if you think that's "politicizing" then check this out:
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1265779980262350852

weak baby turtle fresh off the beach, a real republican would be like strong tomrp and never wear a mask

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

They aren't going to fight for extending UI because they disagree with extending it.

hmmmm someone should get started on a tracker like for covid-19, but for civil unrest deaths, injuries, and arrests, just have it ready, you know?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Quit posting and get your asses back to work for fucks sake.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

hmmmm someone should get started on a tracker like for covid-19, but for civil unrest deaths, injuries, and arrests, just have it ready, you know?

over 100,000 dead due to closing down the economy

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
lmao of course stabby lady can walk

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

err posted:

this is my work

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

CODChimera posted:

this is my work

stop working and go buy something from a bug box store, maybe browse a little too

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Do you need some sort of referral or prescription for one of those moto-wheelchairs? Like does a doctor write "Because of fat" for the reason why?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol quite the if

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Mitch McConnell, quite possibly the most evil politician of our time... welcome to the #resistance

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

maherishly: finally an adult in the room

*hits bong*

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265980172739719170

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Trump takes absolutely no risk telling his supporters that there are multiple viewpoints to things. There's apparently no chance that they will generalize that idea in any way.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

CODChimera posted:

is the US even out of it's first wave? what exactly constitutes a wave cycle here?

I think it's extremely regional, but the answer is no, we are not out of the first wave

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Solarin posted:

I think it's extremely regional, but the answer is no, we are not out of the first wave

Waves come with seasons.

Until the fall flu season starts, second cycle hasn't started.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

This is impeachable.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Solarin posted:

:lol: look at this moron who thinks COVID hasn't been defeated

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is impeachable.

Lmao if you think Trump will ever be held accountable for anything ever. Good thing the Dems swung and missed on impeachment over Trump being mean to Joe Biden's kid

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

:lol: he's afraid to die

steer into the skid you old gently caress

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is impeachable.

TAMBOURINE IS FINISHED

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is impeachable.

Trump does six impeachable things every day before breakfast. But the dems don't give a poo poo unless its an attack on their grift machine. And even then its pro forma

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

:lol: he's afraid to die

steer into the skid you old gently caress

march of dimes cant save him this time

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is impeachable.

99% of what he does would be impeachable for any other person

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

err posted:

never. you can't make me. I'll never work

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao this is appropriately grim

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

euphronius posted:

lmao this is appropriately grim

Hrmm...
Well thank god for vodka

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

CODChimera posted:

this is my work

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not worried about us undercounting covid-19 deaths, but I am worried about the devastating pneumonia plague hitting florida, georgia, and texas right now. many times more deaths than covid-19 deaths, I think maybe we should start worrying about whatever that is

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm not worried about us undercounting covid-19 deaths, but I am worried about the devastating pneumonia plague hitting florida, georgia, and texas right now. many times more deaths than covid-19 deaths, I think maybe we should start worrying about whatever that is

That? Well that's just an ordinary case of swamp lung

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

CODChimera posted:

No you're not.

You are taking the experimental route of smushing all the 'waves' together into one huge tsunami of infection and death.

At this precise moment in time you are all stood on the beach marveling at how little water there is to be seen.

Good luck!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is impeachable.

are you the stupidest poster on this website

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hey you called?

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

doomed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Weird that everyone seems to think that I actually think he'll be impeached, and not just marking another stick to throw on the pile.