Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

what is the picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I assume it's one of those people from Delaware

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Xaris posted:

my dude you have been following the covid since at least early january, and you're just now crack-pinging? neoliberalism was always going to fail at this and it's been said since like the first thread around jan 15th that america could never and will never handle it once it got here and it's absolutely going to explode everywhere. only r0 guyovich thought no, america will never catch it lol

"scant" optimism, I said

also there's a big difference between reading about this poo poo safely at home, and going into work and seeing it live and for real after almost 10 weeks sitting at home

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's senator carper in a spiderman outfit geez guys do we need a cspamlopedia

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Impkins Patootie posted:

what is the picture

moist turtleneck posted:

I assume it's one of those people from Delaware

Tom Carper senator from DE in a spider man suit getting his mask pulled off

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

im down to only a handful each week

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Epic High Five posted:

There's a couple posters who basically just post the same picture over and over, just block it with ublock so it looks like they're supporting you with an empty quote instead

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Impkins Patootie posted:

what is the picture

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

https://twitter.com/limitlessjest/status/1265877903578980352

let this be a lesson

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SKULL.GIF posted:

Our clientele tonight were extra bad. Just nonstop streams of white trash: 50% arrogant idiot 20somethings who just NEEDED to MAKEUP and get their GLAM on and go OUT like a REAL PERSON for ONCE, 50% shriveled boomers who were emanating visible joy at being waited upon hand and foot again by their wageslaves. Almost none of our regulars showed tonight, the ones that did were the barflies who hang out and talk up our bartenders and the owner. Tipping was meager.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Judging from what I've seen tonight, and this is in an actually fairly conscientious place judging from other anecdata I've been picking up, I am convinced that we as a country have done absolutely loving nothing to reduce the max spread of this virus. Not one single thing. At best we've slowed it down several months, but COVID-19 is going to hit every single last person in this country that it would've hit in the first place if we had taken the Sweden route.

Embarrassing. So many completely unnecessary deaths, so easily prevented.

This is exactly what I figured it would be like. I drive by a fairly popular before COVID restaurant, and now that they're allowed to open, every day that parking lot is packed as if it was a loving Friday night.

Lines are everywhere, and no one is distancing. Monday, when I drove by the park there was a group of 8 30ish women all just mucking about, no distance no masks, like it was just a normal pre-COVID day.

At this point, I'm looking forward to the spike in the next couple of weeks to maybe knock some of these people on their asses. Sadly it just means nothing new as cases will then just go up exponentially on the regular and nothing new.

Also apparently my office will be allowing customers into it next week :negative:

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's a reddit thread where people have been expanding on the work done by the Courier Journal in discovering that many southern states are somehow covering up covid deaths by classifying them as pneumonia

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/gqypwx/kentucky_has_had_913_more_pneumonia_deaths_than/

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266014911127306240

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

not here tho we’re good

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Iron Crowned posted:

This is exactly what I figured it would be like. I drive by a fairly popular before COVID restaurant, and now that they're allowed to open, every day that parking lot is packed as if it was a loving Friday night.

Lines are everywhere, and no one is distancing. Monday, when I drove by the park there was a group of 8 30ish women all just mucking about, no distance no masks, like it was just a normal pre-COVID day.

At this point, I'm looking forward to the spike in the next couple of weeks to maybe knock some of these people on their asses. Sadly it just means nothing new as cases will then just go up exponentially on the regular and nothing new.

Also apparently my office will be allowing customers into it next week :negative:

4 families of friends were all playing together in a sprinkler and swingset yesterday. it's not much above the 10+ people in a gathering limit (especially since it was 8 kids and 4 adults) but it's sad to think I can't have my kid go play since at least some of those families also have their cousins over on the regular

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

I lol every day that chuds who call millennials "snowflakes" are throwing tantrums about having to wear masks. It's literally the least inconvenient measure you can take. And it's a hell of a lot less inconvenient than multiple months of lockdown.

Actually that's the stupid part. They want all the businesses to open up but then they also want to take no precautions. You can't have your cake and eat it too ffs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zberan Madowinty posted:

Here's a reddit thread where people have been expanding on the work done by the Courier Journal in discovering that many southern states are somehow covering up covid deaths by classifying them as pneumonia

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/gqypwx/kentucky_has_had_913_more_pneumonia_deaths_than/

Embargo Florida imho

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

those people died with euthanasia coaster not of euthanasia coaster

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

vyst posted:

Do you need some sort of referral or prescription for one of those moto-wheelchairs? Like does a doctor write "Because of fat" for the reason why?

This is a really lovely ableist post

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zberan Madowinty posted:

Considering I live in Cincinnati and Kentucky is next door, I get their official reporting, and I've always suspected that it's under reported. You could argue that KY is more rural than Indiana or Ohio, but their numbers are extremely low IMHO compared to the official numbers from IN and OH.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

power word- Jeb! posted:

those people died with euthanasia coaster not of euthanasia coaster

No screaming allowed

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

vyst posted:

Do you need some sort of referral or prescription for one of those moto-wheelchairs? Like does a doctor write "Because of fat" for the reason why?

Mobility scooters are medical devices and there are federal programs to help people buy them. They're effectively free to people on Medicaid with any one of a large list of conditions. "Fat" isn't one of those conditions.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Zberan Madowinty posted:

Does anyone have the tweet and, hopefully, a source for that guy who said Florida is classifying all its COVID deaths as pneumonia?

don't have the tweet but if you want direct sources the provisional death count from the cdc says florida has 5200 pneumonia deaths so far this year

combined with florida health dept stats say that pneumonia deaths are typically ~2 or 3 thousand for the entire year

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mastershakeman posted:

4 families of friends were all playing together in a sprinkler and swingset yesterday. it's not much above the 10+ people in a gathering limit (especially since it was 8 kids and 4 adults) but it's sad to think I can't have my kid go play since at least some of those families also have their cousins over on the regular

It's aggravating that I see tons of kids just playing together in my apartment parking lot, like they couldn't possibly be infected with COVID.

Mayor Dave posted:

Mobility scooters are medical devices and there are federal programs to help people buy them. They're effectively free to people on Medicaid with any one of a large list of conditions. "Fat" isn't one of those conditions.

Alternatively, you could just buy one if you wanted to, it's not like they're a controlled substance.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Zberan Madowinty posted:

it's senator carper in a spiderman outfit geez guys do we need a cspamlopedia

i never know whats going on or who did what so that would be neat yeah

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Technically, pneumonia is a catch all condition and not an exact disease. The majority of pneumonia cases never find the causative virus/bacteria because the only surefire way to test is a bronchoalveolar lavage which is way more risky to do than just throw some broad spectrum antibiotics and fluids at a patient.

Doesn't matter though, it achieves the immediate goal of covering up roni attributed deaths. The refinement of lists years from now won't matter.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

CODChimera posted:

i never know whats going on or who did what so that would be neat yeah

Simply reading cspam drives most ppl insane. Who could possibly categorize it all and come out the other side semi-coherent?

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1266017906988658688

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Simply reading cspam drives most ppl insane. Who could possibly categorize it all and come out the other side semi-coherent?

Which is more maddening? CSPAM or the Necronomicon?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cool

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Lansdowne posted:

don't have the tweet but if you want direct sources the provisional death count from the cdc says florida has 5200 pneumonia deaths so far this year

combined with florida health dept stats say that pneumonia deaths are typically ~2 or 3 thousand for the entire year

old people dying in nursing homes from the virus are being tracked as pneumonia

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Lansdowne posted:

You need to subtract the 960 people who were diagnosed with both pneumonia and covid at death. even so those 4440 non-covid pneumonia cases are a big red flag.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

tim kaine in the membrane

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tim kaine, in the membranes

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Major league baseball owners are trying to destroy the player unions by offering poo poo terms to restart the season and then shrieking "THESE GREEDY MILLIONAIRES DON'T WANT TO GIVE YOU BASEBALL" when the union rightly refuses.

Nationalize all sports franchises

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Major league baseball owners are trying to destroy the player unions by offering poo poo terms to restart the season and then shrieking "THESE GREEDY MILLIONAIRES DON'T WANT TO GIVE YOU BASEBALL" when the union rightly refuses.

I'd be down for abolishing all sports

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

lol if you think that's "politicizing" then check this out:
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1265779980262350852

strong dewlap energy here

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

I'd be down for abolishing all sports

:razz: SPORTSBALL!!!!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Homeless Friend posted:

lol at RESIGN, dems are such rubes

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It's creepy and obsessive and it makes my loving skin crawl.

same but ur posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol the players basically said "lol fuk u" and walked away

this isn't going to go how the owners think it will