Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

canada jezus posted:

I've got 250 hours in this game, but no Dark Elf campaign yet. Who has the most fun ME campaign out of the available delf lords? My last three games have been, ME kroq-gar/imrik and grimgor. So i think i'm done with that part of the world, unless malus is that great i guess.

Lokhir is pretty fun I think, his start is rough and I would stay out of the thunderdome.

Malekith is pretty stupidly strong. You can basically put him, a noble, and a stack of shielded dark shards into an army and just keep winning from the start of the game to the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
lokhir is the only even mildly cool delf

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

canada jezus posted:

I've got 250 hours in this game, but no Dark Elf campaign yet. Who has the most fun ME campaign out of the available delf lords? My last three games have been, ME kroq-gar/imrik and grimgor. So i think i'm done with that part of the world, unless malus is that great i guess.

I always go back to Helebron. She's an absolute lad and her mechanics really do keep her on the move. Your starting location is more or less safe-ish, go gank the Norscans early and then set sail for Ulthuan or to gank Morathi. I feel like she does work a lot better in ME than vortex though, so take that for what you will.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

I mean isn't that what basically happened? MalKeith was declared everking and Tyrion threw a tantrum so hard he grabbed the Sword of Kkaine and went on a rampage across Ulthuan.

The issue though is that the moment the reveal was made every high elf should have told Malkeith to eat poo poo.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

yeah the elf stuff is just badly written and incoherent, its very disappointing.

I've been playing ME first with imrik then with ungrim. The game is crashing a lot and it seems to be when I'm fighting greenskins? Its Very annoying to win a battle and then have the game crash as the turn counter moves forward particularly with the greentide being the way it is, I have to manually fight even unimportant battles because of the sheer number of stacks being thrown at me.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Part of enjoying Warhammer lore is accepting that you're going to have to pick and choose what you really accept as your canon. It's so contradictory due to the age and many different writers.

Warcraft is getting close to this point too :v:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Southpaugh posted:

yeah the elf stuff is just badly written and incoherent, its very disappointing.

I've been playing ME first with imrik then with ungrim. The game is crashing a lot and it seems to be when I'm fighting greenskins? Its Very annoying to win a battle and then have the game crash as the turn counter moves forward particularly with the greentide being the way it is, I have to manually fight even unimportant battles because of the sheer number of stacks being thrown at me.

do you have any mods running?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The plan of the elven gods to prolong the End Times long enough to set up a new world was to spend millennia sabotaging their children’s war against the most evil civilization in the world, purée several friendly gods and feed them to the guy who invented necromancy in order to gently caress his brother’s wife’s zombie and entrust him with the souls of literally everyone, cull the elves again in one final civil war, and actively sabotage several bastions against Chaos.

The thing is that this extremely horrible plan didn’t work. By the time the Incarnates got together to act as the glorified speed bump they were meant to be, Archaon was already mere hours from completing the ritual to end the world in the ruins of a city whose defenses Teclis ganked in its darkest hour.

But the writing of the End Times was so slapdash that we can’t know if GW meant for the reader to think Lilieath’s plan was dumb and insane.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
the great maw is a tyranid

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
How to know malekith is a good elf

he kills other elves

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

TheHoosier posted:

yeah it's kinda hard to figure out what the hell is even going on. At least in WHFB most of the bat-poo poo stuff still had some element of familiarity to it. Now it's just nebulous Chaos all the way around

Yeah they've been going over the setting for one of the RPG books in the FATAL and Friends thread and it is just hot garbage.

There is an upshot in that since it's all on humongous elemental planes it's easy for someone to "win" or "lose" in consequence-free ways that weren't really possible in true warhams because everything is just a metal album cover so you can very easily say "Gemblor Shamblydoo's Blood-Cursed Feast-Blade Legion (tm) conquered the lands between the Tower of Fiblingglarb and the Sea of Mothers Woe" and everyone just nods. So theres a whole bunch of procgen space for your own custom warband to occupy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Never forget that GW discontinued WHFB in order to spell Elf in a way that they could copyright

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

canada jezus posted:

Go Malekith - he's an amazing lord and you have lots of options for fights, a very obvious rebellion farm on the other side of the mountains, and your turf is very defensible.

Malus is very easy to confederate and just expel / re-recruit up in the north. The southeast corner isn't really built for naval invasions except for skaven poo poo north of his starting position, and naval support is what makes Dark Elves cool.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Malekith: mommy issues, lame, edgleord

Lokhir: all the loving arks, two swords, squid face

Malekith is for nerds

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Lokhir Vortex would be my other suggestion since you can fight all the Vampirates.

Is there a good mod that lets my ports in the southeast of the map count for trade routes to the capital? Not having a water route around the tip of the Southlands really sucks and I'm considering the Region Trading mod just to get a route to the sea.

Edit: Thought I found it but it's just for moving armies, not trade routes.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 28, 2020

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Never forget that GW discontinued WHFB in order to spell Elf in a way that they could copyright

"Never thought I'd die side by side with an elf."
"What about side by side with a Lumineth Aelven Realm-Lord of Hysh™?"

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Never forget that GW discontinued WHFB in order to call Skeletons 'Deathrattles'

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

was dual wielding swords ever a thing in real life? it seems like it would actually make it harder to fight

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lokhir is pretty fun in ME but you still have to immediately deal with Teclis, Skrolk, AND Kroq-gar before you can even think about being a cool black ark dude pillaging the high seas

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

punishedkissinger posted:

was dual wielding swords ever a thing in real life? it seems like it would actually make it harder to fight

that's probably covered somewhere in the depths of the milhist megathread

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

A lot of the ME map feels like way too much of a thunderdome, especially the bottom part of Lustria.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

No, because its almost impossible to actually do without a ton of training and historically was mostly used as entertainment.

Now, depending on era sometimes you would have people who fought with two blades. But the second one was usually small and basically used more as a shield to parry/protect than as the sick dual-wields that are popular in vidya games

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Ethiser posted:

A lot of the ME map feels like way too much of a thunderdome, especially the bottom part of Lustria.

This is good though

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Mitamoto Muasasho famously wrecked other samurai with his dual welding style. Parrying daggers were also a thing in European fencing.

Not especially common though and maybe mire used for duels rather than mass combat.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ethiser posted:

In my most recent Teclis game I had Lokhir and Skrolk both dead and gone by Turn 8, and Luthor by Turn 25, and then all the lizards loved me and it became Peacehammer.

It was a pretty wild experience given ya know...Lustria.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Not really

Sword with a dagger (mostly for parrying) was a thing in some time periods, but almost entirely for duels. And a lot of martial arts styles love their twin Sai, Stick, Hook swords etc etc.

But actual, not for show, I'm going to fight in a battle for reals. Not really, barring the medieval equivalent of an edgelord trying to look cool who I'm sure must have occasionally tried it.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Several martial arts practiced it, and I think a Native American tribe fought with two weapons.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

team overhead smash posted:

Not especially common though and maybe mire used for duels rather than mass combat.

Yeah, essentially this. There is really no scenario when you are fighting as part of a formation in a large battle where you are not going to better off with a shield or long weapon that requires both hands.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Suspension of disbelief is not as steep for Lokhir as it is Morathi with her boob armor and dainty, feminine halberd

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Looks like the Black Orc Big Boss is incoming, possibly even today. Whole bunch of stuff got datamined that's tagged for release and there was a new update today for the game.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

"asur"
"druchii"
"asrai"

Hire me geedubs

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Insurrectionist posted:

I had that problem due to mods a few weeks ago, can't remember what the culprit was but I think it was the community bug fix or unofficial modding framework.

Ah that might be it, I’ve got region trading and coop corruption so maybe one of those odd having issues.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
It's up. the skull for the skull throne event is active, the black orc big boss should be available.

ad090 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 28, 2020

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

terrorist ambulance posted:

Malekith: mommy issues, lame, edgleord

Lokhir: all the loving arks, two swords, squid face

Malekith is for nerds

does lokhir have a squid face under his helmet-mask or a normal stupid dark elf face

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

ad090 posted:

It's up. the skull for the skull throne event is active, the black orc big boss should be available.

Any patch notes anywhere? I'm hoping they fixed the fact that uh, Balthasar Gelt cannot be played in multiplayer right now. At all.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

do you have any mods running?

Better Camera mod, plus 25 percent home region move bonus and the turn time destroyer?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

Any patch notes anywhere? I'm hoping they fixed the fact that uh, Balthasar Gelt cannot be played in multiplayer right now. At all.

As in, you can't even pick him?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

yikes! posted:

As in, you can't even pick him?

If you select Gelt in multiplayer Mortal Empires, the game will crash for the Gelt player when you try to start the game. This problem seems to only affect Gelt right now.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Download is currently stopped at 90% because of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lord_Magmar posted:

It fell by the wayside, but Khorne at one point would punish his warriors if their offered sacrifices were not worthy, as an example defenceless civilians/children/animals don't please Khorne because their is no value in their death, no great fight or struggle.

This is still a thing about Khorne. While Khorne cares not from where the Blood flows, he is picky about Skulls.