Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
I've been watching the netflix epstein documentary. So far its been an extreme whitewash of everyone thats not epstein/maxwell or republican aligned people like trump and acosta.

Some things i noticed in the first few eps:

- like one mention of him with clinton but repeated emphasis of him hanging with trump
- they have loving dershowitz on interviwing him uncritically as a defense attorney just doing his job. zero mentions of dersh being a pedo rapist so far
- also interviewed a victim that stated she'd been lent out to powerful people. did not follow up and ask to name names
- no mentions of epstein or wexner's connections to intelligence so far. they're playing the 'he emotionally manipulated poor old wexner' angle pretty hard

the biggest wtf moment was them interviewing someone who talks about seeing deshowitz and clinton on little st james

SMASH CUT to another interview, someone saying "WELL, not EVERYONE on the island took part in the abuse". clear loving implication about them. god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
oh phew they finally got to the dersh and prince andrew so maybe its not total poo poo

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

mila kunis posted:

I've been watching the netflix epstein documentary. So far its been an extreme whitewash of everyone thats not epstein/maxwell or republican aligned people like trump and acosta.

Some things i noticed in the first few eps:

- like one mention of him with clinton but repeated emphasis of him hanging with trump
- they have loving dershowitz on interviwing him uncritically as a defense attorney just doing his job. zero mentions of dersh being a pedo rapist so far
- also interviewed a victim that stated she'd been lent out to powerful people. did not follow up and ask to name names
- no mentions of epstein or wexner's connections to intelligence so far. they're playing the 'he emotionally manipulated poor old wexner' angle pretty hard

the biggest wtf moment was them interviewing someone who talks about seeing deshowitz and clinton on little st james

SMASH CUT to another interview, someone saying "WELL, not EVERYONE on the island took part in the abuse". clear loving implication about them. god drat

I guess at least something is covering it even though it's basically a limited hangout trump oppo piece (at least that is what it's sounding like)

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Dumb Lowtax posted:

look up "modified limited hangout"

idgi

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

epstein explained by and for liberals

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Epstein - billionaire pimp of underage girls who, sadly, had no clients.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Delta-Wye posted:

the dems and crooked hillary destroying another small business

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude

Delta-Wye posted:

Baby lingerie, never worn

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Maha posted:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Delta-Wye posted:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Maha posted:

:drat:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

You said it's an op, I'm telling you the common name for that type of op

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

a limited hangout is when an intelligence operation releases a small subset of information that is technically true, in order to distract an investigation from the whole rest of the scope of the operation

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

gradenko_2000 posted:

a limited hangout is when an intelligence operation releases a small subset of information that is technically true, in order to distract an investigation from the whole rest of the scope of the operation

this is so depressing. i hate liberals.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Maha posted:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I think that one of the most impressive feats of contemporary propaganda has got to be the fact that various past disclosures about clandestine operations lead many people to think that "well, it all comes out eventually, you can't keep anything hidden forever in our open flawed but democratic system" rather than "wow, if this is what we know about then who knows what other dire things are going on?" I think that if anything, knowledge about certain programs like MK Ultra somehow perversely increases confidence in the legitimacy of the system instead of reducing it. People conclude that any state will have some authoritarian tendencies and that at least in our system we learn about them eventually because we've got a free press and independent academic historians and people will write memories or give interviews or otherwise leak stuff eventually.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

a ny post source indicating clinton is just a philanderer rather than a pedophile is limited hangout

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Giga Gaia posted:

the dems and crooked hillary destroying another small business

epstein was a job creator

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
this person summed up the netflix doc pretty well

https://twitter.com/mugrimm/status/1265769994501177345

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

visup is such a great site

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Helsing posted:

I think that one of the most impressive feats of contemporary propaganda has got to be the fact that various past disclosures about clandestine operations lead many people to think that "well, it all comes out eventually, you can't keep anything hidden forever in our open flawed but democratic system" rather than "wow, if this is what we know about then who knows what other dire things are going on?" I think that if anything, knowledge about certain programs like MK Ultra somehow perversely increases confidence in the legitimacy of the system instead of reducing it. People conclude that any state will have some authoritarian tendencies and that at least in our system we learn about them eventually because we've got a free press and independent academic historians and people will write memories or give interviews or otherwise leak stuff eventually.

That'd require not knowing how many MKULTRA documents were destroyed. Which I guess most people don't know... all of them were ordered destroyed. Every single one. The 1973 Church Committee documents were a scant amount of surviving files. The 1977 Senate hearing convened after 20,000 files that had been misfiled were discovered.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

gh0stpinballa posted:

trying to remember how many mass murderers grew up on my street. it was iirc 0 mass murderers.

my middle school , class size like 25, had a girl grow up to be a mass murderer (she killed at least 3 of her kids and drove around with their corpses in the trunk, she got caught when she just tossed another baby at the end of her lane and someone found it)

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

mastershakeman posted:

my middle school , class size like 25, had a girl grow up to be a mass murderer (she killed at least 3 of her kids and drove around with their corpses in the trunk, she got caught when she just tossed another baby at the end of her lane and someone found it)

jesus christ!

A Real Hologram
Jun 22, 2018

Moo!
what was she like in school?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
If netflix documentaries all tend to be limited hangouts, I wonder if HBO's are too? Thinking of that Leaving Neverland documentary that freaked out everyone last year, and wondering if it took something much larger in scope and instead tried to limit the scandal to just Michael Jackson

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dumb Lowtax posted:

If netflix documentaries all tend to be limited hangouts, I wonder if HBO's are too? Thinking of that Leaving Neverland documentary that freaked out everyone last year, and wondering if it took something much larger in scope and instead tried to limit the scandal to just Michael Jackson

after his second trial when he just wanted to be out of the public eye for a while, he went to bahrain and stayed there as a guest of prince Sheik Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa. he signed contracts to do an album and autobiography and took a bunch of money from the prince and then reneged and got sued, lol.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/1266541962204557312?s=20

are you loving kidding me

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Just a giant middle finger to the people, again, who only want any signal of trustworthiness

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

baden is the one who said epstein was murdered fwiw

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Oh, so he's independent as in it's more like Floyd's family picked him specifically for the reason that this doctor was willing to say Epstein was in fact murdered?

Was there a different doctor whose story the news ran with instead for Epstein's case?

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 03:22 on May 30, 2020

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

yeah the new york chief medical examiner is the official explanation. i mean dont get me wrong its still funny and ridiculous that epstein somehow ends up connected to this whole thing

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

it wasn't just epstein, this guy was involved in mlk, jfk and oj

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Coroner of the Stars!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

inferis posted:

it wasn't just epstein, this guy was involved in mlk, jfk and oj

and Michael Brown

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

gh0stpinballa posted:

jesus christ!

the 'best' part is the cops didnt get a warrant before looking in her trunk (they had her car in storage for months) so they couldnt convict her for the other bodies, just the one on the side of the road. only a 50 year sentence

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Either Wormwood is an actual documentary or Frank Olson personally ordered a genocide, it's possible that the success of netflix documentaries just means they're now an extremely valuable avenue for propaganda

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/826Maureen/status/1266892655956381696?s=20

hmmm

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Baden watching the phone

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Steve Jail rides again