Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Recycled Karma
Jul 16, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Happy is closed.

Turnips are selling for 519.

Sylvia is also making a purple pansy crown.

Vladimir is making bamboo flooring.

Thanks for visiting.

Recycled Karma fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Boonoo posted:

Haha no problem. If you catch it, I’ll be open for the next hour and a half or so. If that doesn’t work let’s say 1030 eastern.

The flowers on the river island and the black roses south of my house could use a water.

Deli is making a golden dung beetle!

Ables has space parkas.

Dodo is CKT91

Nice, on my way. Thanks!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

jimmychoo posted:

HMMM interesting. can we solve this mystery? i have a shitload of non-fruit trees, i have way fewer fruit trees. maybe ... 20 fruit trees total? non-fruit trees would take me forever to count, i have a ton.

I figure if they changed the formula to 1 per day, I would have a seen a thread bitching about it on reddit so I figure it's a problem on my end

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

K.K.'s playing on my island and the credits are rolling! :unsmith:

I'm guessing I get terraforming now?

Congratulations! I hope you have enough Nook miles banked to buy all the permits in one fell swoop.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know where May went but make sure you get a golden trout/oarfish/loach/mole cricket if you somehow haven't already before they leave at the end of the month

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Geemer posted:

Congratulations! I hope you have enough Nook miles banked to buy all the permits in one fell swoop.
I redeemed a bunch for bell vouchers last night so I could finish an incline :negative:

I'm still gonna be able to get a couple, though!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

I have the Nooks selling for 387 on East Blue. Afternoon prices too!

I've opened the gates to my island. Code is in the PGS thread here

Come on by! Tips appreciated but not necessary.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

This thread moves insanely quickly. I thought there was some mumbo jumbo about swapping primary/secondary console so you can do two profiles, two islands, one digital copy, but I've skimmed like 100 pages and don't see it anymore. That was a thing, right?

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

poste du monocylindre

Xtanstic posted:

I figure if they changed the formula to 1 per day, I would have a seen a thread bitching about it on reddit so I figure it's a problem on my end

i値l just plant a bunch of trees today and see what happens in the next 2-3 days, i値l keep you updated if anything interesting happens !!

e: though maybe i have too many trees ... not enough for isabelle to say anything about it being too rural but WHO KNOWS. i値l just plant fruity ones for now

jimmychoo fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 28, 2020

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Shep's at it again, crafting gold-screen wall - his house is to the left of the airport across the river with the bone welcome doorplate.
Nook's - limited desktop computer (white, 100k) > if you buy this, please let me know by in-game chat so I can edit the post!
Ables' - Flight-crew uniforms
Saharah - sea view (wall), lava floor, white rose rug, simple pink bath mat, didn't check what the large rug was

Free DIY/fossils on the right beach, along with an extra copy of the lava flooring. Gonna be semi-AFK.

-closed since crafting stopped-

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 28, 2020

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Probably pretty late to the party with this info, but I just learned that order 100 things from the ATM shopping thing unlocks a NookPhone app that lets you order without having to visit the town hall. Neat.

Are there any more of these 'late unlocks' that aren't stuff you get in the first week? Other than golden tools, I mean.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Bobulus posted:

Probably pretty late to the party with this info, but I just learned that order 100 things from the ATM shopping thing unlocks a NookPhone app that lets you order without having to visit the town hall. Neat.

Are there any more of these 'late unlocks' that aren't stuff you get in the first week? Other than golden tools, I mean.

Same, I just got that today.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't know where May went but make sure you get a golden trout/oarfish/loach/mole cricket if you somehow haven't already before they leave at the end of the month

oh what the heck is a golden trout

im guessing mountain river only?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Yes and 4pm-9pm

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Normy posted:

Yes and 4pm-9pm

well that explains the fruitless late night fishing expeditions

i probably should have just looked it up

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

NofrikinfuN posted:

well that explains the fruitless late night fishing expeditions

i probably should have just looked it up

I'm pretty sure it's 4PM-9AM, which helps a bit... That fish is just a pain in general though.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, I had serious issues getting a Golden Trout.

Then I caught another within 30 minutes of the first.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Chieves posted:

I'm pretty sure it's 4PM-9AM, which helps a bit... That fish is just a pain in general though.

Oh yeah I misread it! I highly suggest the ANCH Guide app which shows you which critters you can catch at any time and let's you track a ton of useful stuff.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Casu Marzu posted:

This thread moves insanely quickly. I thought there was some mumbo jumbo about swapping primary/secondary console so you can do two profiles, two islands, one digital copy, but I've skimmed like 100 pages and don't see it anymore. That was a thing, right?

Nope, never was. One island per switch, up to 8 profiles can share that same island.

Bobulus posted:

It's nice but it doesn't count for the consecutive-days Nook Miles bonus that you get for going to the Kiosk in Resident Services. That may not matter at this stage of the game, though.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I got both Celeste and Saharah trapped on the beach directly to the right after leaving the airport!

Saharah's wares are:
  • Simple small orange mat
  • Simple medium brown mat
  • Blue kilim-style carpet
  • Dark-chocolate wall (for tickets)
  • White-chocolates flooring (for tickets)
  • Mossy-garden wall
  • Berry-chocolates flooring

Dodo code: Closed, thanks for stopping by!

Geemer fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 28, 2020

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Am I ever gonna be able to build this robot hero? I've had the DIY recipe for a while and have the iron nuggets and almost the number of gold nuggets needed, but I have like 2 rusted parts (it needs 30 to build) and I haven't gotten either the gold armor or the rocket. I'm guessing those aren't very common.

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!
Thanks to everyone who stopped by last night to touch stuff! Regrettably, plot 8 did not produce the final stage red hybrid I was hoping for (25%), but rather a yellow rose. Blah. Oh well, today's a new day.

In other news, my bud Heather is opening her island because the Raccoon Boys are buying up nips at 488 Bells!

Dodo code: Closed, but she will reopen if there's interest.

TwoSheds fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 28, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Rageaholic posted:

Am I ever gonna be able to build this robot hero? I've had the DIY recipe for a while and have the iron nuggets and almost the number of gold nuggets needed, but I have like 2 rusted parts (it needs 30 to build) and I haven't gotten either the gold armor or the rocket. I'm guessing those aren't very common.

I initially figured for this that the Throwback Rocket would suffice, but it has to be the rocket recipe you get from Celeste. I'm like 50% sure I have the Gold Armor recipe but not as a spare unfortunately.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Hello friends! Flip is in boxes right now! He's a music-hobbyist jock which means I see him exercise maybe once a month. Also his japanese name is Sasuke if that helps any. DM me on discord, Clocks#4671 if you want to adopt him!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Flip is great. Highly recommend his goofy rear end.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Poque posted:

It's nice but it doesn't count for the consecutive-days Nook Miles bonus that you get for going to the Kiosk in Resident Services. That may not matter at this stage of the game, though.

Yeah, I mostly appreciate it because I can be standing next to my stereo and double-check that I don't have a specific song before I order a copy. At 50+ songs, it gets hard to remember each one!

I haven't been hunting for any specific villagers, so I have 125,000 nook miles banked.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
One of my three snooty ladies moved out and I spent yesterday hopping around looking for Mr Right

This was not him

Bam, however, stole my heart

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, I mostly appreciate it because I can be standing next to my stereo and double-check that I don't have a specific song before I order a copy. At 50+ songs, it gets hard to remember each one!
Pro-tip: Songs are recorded in the Nook Shopping catalogue! They're in the third option. Way easier than looking through a stereo.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I still need to catch a golden trout. They can only spawn on the highest level, right? I only have one section with a second tier river, so I値l need lots of bait,

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

For the past two days I've only gotten one furniture drop as well. But it might be because I chopped down a lot of my non-fruit trees. I haven't counted but apparently the magic number is 17 non-fruit trees in order to get everything? I've been too lazy to count so I just randomly planted some more trees and hope that'll fix things.

I just did a count and I have roughly 85 non-fruit trees. I have no idea why I知 not getting furniture drops anymore.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

You only get the rusted parts from Gulliver, and he's not a guaranteed weekly visitor. Without time travelling, you're probably looking at two months to get all the rusted parts? That's going to take you probably close to a year to get them all legitimately (1 part per week, say he comes every other week, that's 60 weeks). I think I read somewhere that if you have multiple profiles on the same switch, you can get multiple rusted parts, so that would cut down on the wait.

vvvv I thought the ones you dug up dissappeared the next day? If that's not the case, then I may just start keeping them myself (but I do love the landmarks he gives). vvvvv

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 28, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I believe you can dig up the 5 parts for Gulliver and just not give 'em to him

(but you have to rescue that bastard 30 times for the golden shovel so it is impossible to say what is right and wrong here)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
edit: oops lol i dumb

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Geemer posted:

I got both Celeste and Saharah trapped on the beach directly to the right after leaving the airport!

Saharah's wares are:
  • Simple small orange mat
  • Simple medium brown mat
  • Blue kilim-style carpet
  • Dark-chocolate wall (for tickets)
  • White-chocolates flooring (for tickets)
  • Mossy-garden wall
  • Berry-chocolates flooring

Dodo code: LP0S8

I'm going to try for Celeste, I could use a new DIY!

Edit: got the Sci-Fi Flooring DIY from her! Thanks! Enjoy the Gold Lucky Cat!

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 28, 2020

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

jimmychoo posted:

i値l just plant a bunch of trees today and see what happens in the next 2-3 days, i値l keep you updated if anything interesting happens !!

e: though maybe i have too many trees ... not enough for isabelle to say anything about it being too rural but WHO KNOWS. i値l just plant fruity ones for now

Nessa posted:

I just did a count and I have roughly 85 non-fruit trees. I have no idea why I知 not getting furniture drops anymore.

I got 2 pieces of furniture today. I maybe had one or two more trees than yesterday so I think I probably just missed my 2nd furniture the last few days. I've been in the process of reorganizing all my trees so I must have lost track of things.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I believe you can dig up the 5 parts for Gulliver and just not give 'em to him

(but you have to rescue that bastard 30 times for the golden shovel so it is impossible to say what is right and wrong here)

I made a beach-dwelling hobo alt to do this, as well as for getting an extra Redd artwork whenever he shows up.

Just have your alt(s) log in first, interact with Gulliver, dig up the five parts, then just log out without talking to Gulliver again.

When you log into your main (the one you want to work for the golden shovel), Gulliver will effectively be reset, so you can dig up the five parts again -- only this time, give them to him for the reward (and progress toward the stamp).

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's been 2 months and I still really love this game

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Casu Marzu posted:

I think the other person who responded to you misunderstood, and you can totally do that. One island per switch. If you have two switches, that's automatically two islands, even if it's one copy of the game. I seem to remember there being some odd restriction to it, though. Like, maybe you can never visit the other island with the same digital copy because it's technically one game?

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

I made a beach-dwelling hobo alt to do this, as well as for getting an extra Redd artwork whenever he shows up.

Just have your alt(s) log in first, interact with Gulliver, dig up the five parts, then just log out without talking to Gulliver again.

When you log into your main (the one you want to work for the golden shovel), Gulliver will effectively be reset, so you can dig up the five parts again -- only this time, give them to him for the reward (and progress toward the stamp).

True. The order doesn't matter, though. Gulliver just re-breaks his transmitter for each character he interacts with.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
cookie is in

beardo is gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Soysaucebeast posted:

You only get the rusted parts from Gulliver, and he's not a guaranteed weekly visitor. Without time travelling, you're probably looking at two months to get all the rusted parts? That's going to take you probably close to a year to get them all legitimately (1 part per week, say he comes every other week, that's 60 weeks). I think I read somewhere that if you have multiple profiles on the same switch, you can get multiple rusted parts, so that would cut down on the wait.

vvvv I thought the ones you dug up dissappeared the next day? If that's not the case, then I may just start keeping them myself (but I do love the landmarks he gives). vvvvv
Doooooooope, I'm gonna be playing this forever :v:

Also, I just got this anatomical model from a balloon and replaced my indoor skeleton (I have an outdoor one as well) with it.