Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

The gently caress did they get all the fireworks from already?

Evidence lockers?

EDIT: What a terrible snipe, have some proletariat tax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Ya just love ta see it

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
CNN finally cut to this now that the precinct is on fire

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

The gently caress did they get all the fireworks from already?

Its the mid-west, I just assumed fireworks stores just kinda appeared on roadsides like mushrooms after a storm

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Protesters smashed in the front door, stormed into the building, chased every cop out, began dismantling the building. Then an alarm begins blazing, someone screams to get everyone out, there's a dramatic escape to the outside.

I like the guy burning police uniforms. Easily the most powerful symbol.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
lol, They're setting cop uniforms on fire and showing it off to everyone.

I hope all the vending machines got looted, Minneapolis cops must continue to go hungry.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

CaptainCrunch posted:

Unicorn Riot guy is braver than I’ll ever be, going into a burning police precinct.

yeah that had me real nervous, just because if police decided to show up...

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

lol, They're setting cop uniforms on fire and showing it off to everyone.

I hope all the vending machines got looted, Minneapolis cops must continue to go hungry.

There was a shot of the vending machine room earlier and believe me, they were indeed raided.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

eke out posted:

yeah that had me real nervous, just because if police decided to show up...

Well, that and the armory full of ammunition was apparently on fire and bullets were cooking off at random.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Target starts selling fireworks this time of year.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
It's the US, fireworks are available throughout most of the country from mid-spring through early winter. People have been popping off fireworks in my neighborhood in GA randomly for about a week and a half now.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

sexpig by night posted:

apparently today the protesters came out saying 'shoot us, we shoot back' and have been going since afternoon so I think it's just the universal truth that cops are, at their core, absolute loving cowards
Huh. Well I guess we have some evidence against the idea that, in the face of police state violence, the only option is to lie down and accept it so it doesn't get worse. That, perhaps, better things are possible, after all.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

LeafyOrb posted:

Target starts selling fireworks this time of year.

Yeah it's nearly July 4th, a lot of places where fireworks are legal have stores selling them now.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Quorum posted:

They're white, it's obvious why they're protecting the mayo clinic

This isn’t getting enough credit

Grondoth posted:

Sure it looks good to protect the mayo clinic, but I highly doubt its in any danger whatsoever.

More specifically, I think they’re protecting the radiotherapy elements. Those have a history of occasionally being taken during situations where clinics get abandoned and people have a run of the place, and it’s historically a super bad scenario for whomever crosses paths with the stuff. A few grams of cesium/cobalt/etc will gently caress your whole neighborhood up before anybody figures out what you have.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Protestors are basically teabagging the cops at this point. Bravo!

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

TulliusCicero posted:

Seriously who is making this trash?

Can I be hired to make garbage-tier phtoshop memes for conservative dipshits and make 100 grand?

Much like Nigerian scam emails are full of spelling errors to weed out the most gullible, Trumps ads are designed to appeal to the most Chuddy of Chuds

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

eke out posted:

they're now throwing flammable debris into the police precinct to spread the fires, holy poo poo

Imagine if they'd done this without looting local peoples stores and ransacking target....

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Illuminti posted:

Imagine if they'd done this without looting local peoples stores and ransacking target....

Imagine if racist cops didn't kill black people....

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Ok Comboomer posted:

This isn’t getting enough credit

More specifically, I think they’re protecting the radiotherapy elements. Those have a history of occasionally being taken during situations where clinics get abandoned and people have a run of the place, and it’s historically a super bad scenario for whomever crosses paths with the stuff. A few grams of cesium/cobalt/etc will gently caress your whole neighborhood up before anybody figures out what you have.

The Goiania accident is a great example of this, for anyone who doesn't know about it already.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/status/1266210522115997696?s=19

You love to see it

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Illuminti posted:

Yeah imagine if someone who didn’t deserve it got some things broken. Would be a tragedy.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Illuminti posted:

The mob must make a show of force before law enforcement will surrender.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So is this bigger in size than the Fergonson protests? It feels like it is

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Illuminti posted:

Shut the gently caress up already.

ACAB, go MLPS!

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Illuminti posted:

Let me help you out, this poo poo just doesn't matter right now. What matters is what the police in this country are doing.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Illuminti posted:

Are you really still on about the target?

OMG they “ransacked” it, you absolute little Fauntleroy bitch 🤣

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Illuminti posted:

The cops wouldn't have pissed themselves and run away, and so taking the precinct would have involved killing them.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Illuminti posted:

Nice username/posting combo. Youre constantly saying fash poo poo. You should be on everyone's ignore list.

Anways, loving heroes on this Unicorn Riot stream.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

eke out posted:

they're now throwing flammable debris into the police precinct to spread the fires, holy poo poo

Seems like they gave up on that and just started a bonfire.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
Looks like the cops are backing away from mayo clinic. Maybe they heard about the station getting gutted.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Illuminti posted:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Arglebargle III posted:

Seems like they gave up on that and just started a bonfire.

There's several inches of water on the floor.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

Looks like the cops are backing away from mayo clinic. Maybe they heard about the station getting gutted.

lol at the cops riding away on their bicycles.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Romes128 posted:

lol at the cops riding away on their bicycles.

What's the scanner saying on the other side though? Can't help but worry that them retreating is a trap.
E: guy just said "Hey, they're gonna try to box you all in..."

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
What I don't understand about this whole situation is that, at this point, it seems entirely transactional and predictable in a sense: you kill or beat a Black man, especially on camera, you roll the dice and if it comes up right, then a part of your city burns. That seems, if obviously not "lawful," then at least understandable and logical. Kneeling during the national anthem doesn't do poo poo, peaceful protests don't do poo poo, so why not burn the motherfucker down? So, what perplexes me about this situation is that, speaking to these cities and police departments: if you know what the consequences are likely to be, and you do indeed care so deeply about private property as you claim, why would you put up with any police officer who showed a tendency toward the sort of action that will predictably set off a riot like this, and most especially, why would you protect them in any sense beyond making sure they don't get killed by a mob in the aftermath?

The only answer I can come up with is that they love racism and brutality more than they love order and private property. They claim to care about those things, sure, but they belie it every time they take actions which very predictably lead to riots and destruction. They don't give a gently caress about property, any more than they give a gently caress about Black lives, because they don't take the most obvious, dumbass, easy steps they could take to prevent this sort of riot from ever happening again. Property is nothing to them; they care only about the defense of white supremacy, and they will gladly watch 1000 Targets and Autozones burn to maintain it.

EDIT: If you own poo poo in that neighbourhood that got destroyed, you have to realize that the police don't give a gently caress about you. They aren't infants, they can predict the consequences of their actions and they decided that your store, your restaurant, whatever, was a worthy sacrifice to be able to kill a Black man on the street.

PT6A fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 29, 2020

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/REALpunknews/status/1265991311728967683?s=19

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

VH4Ever posted:

There was a shot of the vending machine room earlier and believe me, they were indeed raided.

This is all just a viral Snickers "hangry" ad.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

A known active member of the KKK in the police force in my state? Say it ain't so.

:sigh:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
racism and brutality are axiomatic to the concept of private property. Without one, you cannot have the other.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
As a target team member from a completely different states, ransack the gently caress out of it. The place refused to sell milk to them when they were suffering from tear gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Seth_Kaplan/status/1266212992296923137