Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Scientist Al Gore posted:

Let's do some fun political theorizing,

Let's say there's another blue wave in 2020. Trump loses. Republicans lose the Senate. Democrats gain even more competitive seats in the house. The moment Trump is out of office he's going to sued on the daily with dozens of investigations that'll have awful headlines.

I don't see how the GOP continue to defend Trump even when he is out of office is going to work. At all. But then again, I don't see them becoming un-crazy.

If he loses, you're going to see an extended period of screaming and manufactured stories about mass voter fraud - especially if there's a lot of mail balloting - and it's going to be cheered on by RWM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

If he loses, you're going to see an extended period of screaming and manufactured stories about mass voter fraud - especially if there's a lot of mail balloting - and it's going to be cheered on by RWM.

Well sure. We had exactly that even when he won in 2016. Why wouldn’t he?

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
Trump going hard against FOX. Doesn't feel like the usual baby-rage.

Some kinda grift with OANN?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Sarcastr0 posted:

Si

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

What's everyone's "oh my god it's even worse" list?

- Falwell Jr
- Arpaio
- Hannity
- Ted Nugent
- Dennis Prager
- Diamond and Silk on the same ticket (comedy option for full Idiocracy mode)
- ?

Elon

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Not a natural-born citizen (thank God!)

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

PT6A posted:

Not a natural-born citizen (thank God!)

Gotta disrupt that constitution

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Sarcastr0 posted:

Trump going hard against FOX. Doesn't feel like the usual baby-rage.

It's the same thing he always does. He turns on everyone eventually. On the plus side I do think he'll kill Fox News if he loses in November. Him teaming up with OANN is a big enough deal to siphon away enough viewers that Fox loses a lot of power.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Weatherman posted:

That's basically the US's ethos though, isn't it? "1. More money for me. 2. gently caress you"

For sure, but it's gets all fancied up from time to time. Just for one second consider how truly absurd it was to believe that some uneducated redneck pumping gas in Louisiana gave one single poo poo about free trade and Federalism. You have to have the smoothest brain on the planet to believe that. I present to you: Paul Ryan.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

paternity suitor posted:

It's the same thing he always does. He turns on everyone eventually. On the plus side I do think he'll kill Fox News if he loses in November. Him teaming up with OANN is a big enough deal to siphon away enough viewers that Fox loses a lot of power.

Fox News has a lot of sway because it is free for so many packages. OAN requires some opt in.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

paternity suitor posted:

The party and the elites who are a part of the party establishment will absolutely not defend Trump because they hate his guts. The second he's not useful to them, they will dispose of him in a way that doesn't get any dirt on their trousers.

The party loving loves Trump and even if he loses he will still hold major sway over the party. Any party elites that attempt to move against him will be ripped limb from limb by the horde

Like they rip people limb to limb who are loyal to Trump but are somehow deemed not loyal enough.

There is no GOP anymore, its fully formed into the cult of Trump.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

if trump loses, first he'll blame voter fraud & the DeEp StAtE, but as soon as that gets boring he'll start pointing figures at the republicans who totally, dolchstossed him

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

if trump loses, first he'll blame voter fraud & the DeEp StAtE, but as soon as that gets boring he'll start pointing figures at the republicans who totally, dolchstossed him

He'll do the same when he wins.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Feldegast42 posted:

The party loving loves Trump and even if he loses he will still hold major sway over the party. Any party elites that attempt to move against him will be ripped limb from limb by the horde

Like they rip people limb to limb who are loyal to Trump but are somehow deemed not loyal enough.

There is no GOP anymore, its fully formed into the cult of Trump.

When you say "the party" do you mean voters, or the professional politicians? Because the professionals definitely hate his guts. He's a useful idiot for their agenda.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

paternity suitor posted:

When you say "the party" do you mean voters, or the professional politicians? Because the professionals definitely hate his guts. He's a useful idiot for their agenda.

It's a requirement for a profession Republican politicians to hate everyone elses guts anyway.
Hence why they always nominate 'least worst' never heard before VP running mates.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

paternity suitor posted:

Yes, both? Have you seen the house candidates that have been running the past few cycles?

I'm sure that there are a few relatively more moderate GOP elected officials that hold their tongue but they have long sold their souls for power and they will go along with whatever the horde say or is politically continent. I mean Trump delivered them two scotus seats and the biggest tax cut in history, they would burn their own families at the stake for even a quarter of what he has delivered.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Feldegast42 posted:

Yes, both? Have you seen the house candidates that have been running the past few cycles?

I'm sure that there are a few relatively more moderate GOP elected officials that hold their tongue but they have long sold their souls for power and they will go along with whatever the horde say or is politically continent. I mean Trump delivered them two scotus seats and the biggest tax cut in history, they would burn their own families at the stake for even a quarter of what he has delivered.

"The object of power is power."

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

It may be long past time, but I'm seeing more murmurings for the press to call out what has happened:

We Need to Speak Honestly About the GOP’s Evolution Into a Conspiracy Cult (Washington Monthly)

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Paolomania posted:

It may be long past time, but I'm seeing more murmurings for the press to call out what has happened:

We Need to Speak Honestly About the GOP’s Evolution Into a Conspiracy Cult (Washington Monthly)

Fake News

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Paolomania posted:

It was really odd Doug Burgum nearly at the verge of tears pleading with Trump and other to not make wearing masks a partisan issue. What's even more suspicious is Trump endorsing a different North Dakota State Treasurer over the one endorsed by Doug Burgum a day or so later.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Greetings, fellow human capital stock!

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/isaacdovere/status/1265746246939148291?s=21

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
nice he looks like he losing weight, hope thats the weightloss of dying.

not sorry in finding joy of one of the worst humans in modern merica dying.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

So much for this shitlord finding an ounce of humanity on his deathbed

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
I'd never wish death on anyone but I sure as poo poo won't shed a tear when Rush Limbaugh finally croaks. It's infuriating how much of a complete and utter poo poo he is.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Vichan posted:

I'd never wish death on anyone
lol

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Vichan posted:

I'd never wish death on anyone but I sure as poo poo won't shed a tear when Rush Limbaugh finally croaks. It's infuriating how much of a complete and utter poo poo he is.
I’ll celebrate

He’s an awful person who probably hosed kids in Asia and has helped to destroy political discourse in this country

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’ll celebrate

He’s an awful person who hosed kids in Asia and has helped to destroy political discourse in this country

FTFY.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'll be sad because it means cancer has to stop eating him.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1266191573353549824?s=21

:psyboom:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Donald Trump was investigated until he fired the people doing the investigation and assigned people who transparently worked to get him cleared so he knows just what its like to be murdered by the police. Also he pardoned that one black lady Kim Kardashian asked him to between all those white war criminals and political allies. #TRUMP2020"

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’ll celebrate

He’s an awful person who probably hosed kids in Asia and has helped to destroy political discourse in this country

For real... Rush may be more responsible than any other single person for the direction things have taken over t last thirty years. He’s worked very hard on it for a long, long time.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

they literally can't make anything not about him

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

PIZZA.BAT posted:

they literally can't make anything not about him

Always
Be
Closing

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

MrMojok posted:

For real... Rush may be more responsible than any other single person for the direction things have taken over t last thirty years. He’s worked very hard on it for a long, long time.

Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes probably have Rush beat there. Rush definitely wasn't the beginning of the sort of discourse that harnessed the power of hate and firm belief in being right about everything with no evidence while eschewing all sources (including your eyes and ears) that say otherwise. He was not even the first in the US, but he perfected controlling the message and conversation through mass media to reach directly to conservative voters self-selected to believe everything he says. Then he built into sway over the republican party.

However, he was never as popular as he claimed, even among republicans and radio listeners, and never had mainstream appeal which is why he was a disaster every time he went on tv or did anything but his radio show.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Vichan posted:

I'd never wish death on anyone

Why the gently caress not?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266231100780744704

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

moths posted:

I'll be sad because it means cancer has to stop eating him.

Rush Limbaugh posted:

Since being diagnosed with advanced lung cancer in January, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh has seldom addressed his illness publicly. He, in his words, has “vowed not to be a cancer patient on the radio.”

But Limbaugh opened his Tuesday show saying that listeners were overdue for an update, and admitted that these are “challenging times for me medically.”

“There have been many cycles, but this is the third wave, and this current wave, I have to tell you, is kicking my rear end,” he said. “For the last seven days, I have been virtually worthless, virtually useless. I haven’t left the house. I haven’t done much of anything except just try to rest and relax. All of this was told to me. It was gonna be a factor.”

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Hope he dies soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I don't want him to die anytime soon. I also don't want his condition to improve. If that makes me a monster, at least I'm a low xp trash mob.