Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

PT6A posted:

What I don't understand about this whole situation is that, at this point, it seems entirely transactional and predictable in a sense: you kill or beat a Black man, especially on camera, you roll the dice and if it comes up right, then a part of your city burns. That seems, if obviously not "lawful," then at least understandable and logical. Kneeling during the national anthem doesn't do poo poo, peaceful protests don't do poo poo, so why not burn the motherfucker down? So, what perplexes me about this situation is that, speaking to these cities and police departments: if you know what the consequences are likely to be, and you do indeed care so deeply about private property as you claim, why would you put up with any police officer who showed a tendency toward the sort of action that will predictably set off a riot like this, and most especially, why would you protect them in any sense beyond making sure they don't get killed by a mob in the aftermath?

The only answer I can come up with is that they love racism and brutality more than they love order and private property. They claim to care about those things, sure, but they belie it every time they take actions which very predictably lead to riots and destruction. They don't give a gently caress about property, any more than they give a gently caress about Black lives, because they don't take the most obvious, dumbass, easy steps they could take to prevent this sort of riot from ever happening again. Property is nothing to them; they care only about the defense of white supremacy, and they will gladly watch 1000 Targets and Autozones burn to maintain it.

EDIT: If you own poo poo in that neighbourhood that got destroyed, you have to realize that the police don't give a gently caress about you. They aren't infants, they can predict the consequences of their actions and they decided that your store, your restaurant, whatever, was a worthy sacrifice to be able to kill a Black man on the street.

Im really loving sorry but youve cracked it. Conservatives are liars. Always. Their love of oppression and racism trumps everything. They could resolve this; they dont want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

VH4Ever posted:

Wow the live video is INSIDE precinct 3. The sprinklers are on and doused the fire.

Take some comfort in the fact that the water had probably been in that sprinkler system since the 70's and was more bacteria and mold than H2O at this point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Framboise posted:

A known active member of the KKK in the police force in my state? Say it ain't so.

:sigh:

I'm reasonably sure that's satire.

But its tough to tell these days.

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747
e; nvm, not worth responding

COVID-19 fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 29, 2020

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

STAC Goat posted:

IIRC thehardtimes.net is like The Onion so yes, satire.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

guys, the cops have lost BEN GARRISON:

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1266174514662125569

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Tayter Swift posted:

There's several inches of water on the floor.

That building's still utterly hosed. A whole bunch of documents, equipment and electronics are now trashed. That place is now going to be a mold magnet and even if the police get right on it and get water damage people in ASAP (which might be easier said than done considering Minneapolis's mood right now) they'll be cleaning up black mold growths for months at the minimum.

What the fire suppression did do was stop the fire from spreading to the armory (good for everyone nearby). What it didn't do was stop people from loving the place up. The fire suppression system itself did a lot of damage and it didn't stop whoever it was who ran in and got a bunch of uniforms to torch, or anyone else running in to loot and smash poo poo. Also, fire sprinkler water gets downright nasty after spending a few years, or decades, sitting in the pipes.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
The National Guard should desert.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/adrianflorido/status/1266218364541849600

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Framboise posted:

A known active member of the KKK in the police force in my state? Say it ain't so.

:sigh:

I have exciting news for you re: the relationship between those that work forces and those that burn crosses.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Alkydere posted:

Also, fire sprinkler water gets downright nasty after spending a few years, or decades, sitting in the pipes.

i had no idea it was a static supply just sitting in a reservoir, that's gross as hell lol

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

COVID-19 posted:

Didn't we have the same discussion this morning?

Read this:

https://www.africa.upenn.edu/Articles_Gen/Letter_Birmingham.html

Again, thats a fascist account youre responding to.

That's why youre repeating the same conversation. Theyre dishonestly posting to waste our time.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

Honestly I wouldn't put it past them. Even in the city where I live, Indiana runs pretty red.

e: holy poo poo that white lady just called all white people in the back to get the gently caress up in front

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Alkydere posted:

That building's still utterly hosed. A whole bunch of documents, equipment and electronics are now trashed. That place is now going to be a mold magnet and even if the police get right on it and get water damage people in ASAP (which might be easier said than done considering Minneapolis's mood right now) they'll be cleaning up black mold growths for months at the minimum.

What the fire suppression did do was stop the fire from spreading to the armory (good for everyone nearby). What it didn't do was stop people from loving the place up. The fire suppression system itself did a lot of damage and it didn't stop whoever it was who ran in and got a bunch of uniforms to torch, or anyone else running in to loot and smash poo poo. Also, fire sprinkler water gets downright nasty after spending a few years, or decades, sitting in the pipes.

The guy is saying on stream that the building is pretty new.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

eke out posted:

i had no idea it was a static supply just sitting in a reservoir, that's gross as hell lol

You start with tap water from the city utility. Then just...sit it in the pipes and reservoir for months...years...decades...

The result is a finely matured sludge.

Arglebargle III posted:

The guy is saying on stream that the building is pretty new.

Oh you mean they hardly got any use out of the building and were likely still paying it off before it was trashed? And likely had some more modern niceties in it? Even better!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Protesters on roof of 3rd precinct

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

CmdrRiker posted:

The loving dickheads are shooting the grenades directly into the crowds.

cops figured out a couple years ago that if you aim the gas grenades at peoples' heads you can crush their skulls in with em

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Illuminti posted:

Imagine if they'd done this without looting local peoples stores and ransacking target....

Do we know the Target's past? Maybe it provoked it. Surely it was no angel.

Sure love how lovely moderates will hand-wring and lose sympathy over property destruction, but story after story of cop plants and false flags elicit minimal loss of trust or sympathy.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

PT6A posted:

The National Guard should desert.

The National Guard should try to separate the police from the protesters and keep them away.

eke out posted:

Yeah, I've never experienced it myself but I've heard stories about the stench that never goes away after someone sets off the sprinkler system.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

eke out posted:

Yup. I had a sprinkler pop at my workplace and the water was dark and smelled.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Oxyclean posted:

Do we know the Target's past? Maybe it provoked it. Surely it was no angel.

I heard that Target smoked a marijuana once

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Framboise posted:

Honestly I wouldn't put it past them. Even in the city where I live, Indiana runs pretty red.

e: holy poo poo that white lady just called all white people in the back to get the gently caress up in front

Yeah, and they listened. Big props to her.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Random Stranger posted:

The National Guard should try to separate the police from the protesters and keep them away.

True. They should under no circumstances take action against the protesters though, and I'm not sure what their orders would be, but I don't know if that counts as following them.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Seth_Kaplan/status/1266214898171772930

Goddamn

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Can you guys burn down fox news next please?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Alkydere posted:

Oh you mean they hardly got any use out of the building and were likely still paying it off before it was trashed? And likely had some more modern niceties in it? Even better!

The UR guy said that they had to dig deep in the budget to build it and that some sort of school thing didn't get funded.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Declare a Soviet! Declare a Soviet!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

And all it would have taken is to arrest the murderer. They didn't even need to throw him in front of a judge tonight, just do anything other than what they did, ie make an imperial guard outside his house.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
uhhhhhh okay thats scary

(e: apologies for the tviv; word on UR is the precinct building is about to blow up from a ruptured gas main. there was someone on the roof not too long ago)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

They broke gas lines in building and are blowing it up

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/sppdmn/status/1266202225677910022

hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

seems kinda sus

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

COOL CORN posted:

The Oath Keepers are a far right org mostly made up of law enforcement and military folks. Maybe this guy is trying to do the opposite?

in anglo saxon (and nordic cultures, for that matter) breaking an oath was one of the cardinal sins and was generally punished by death, exile, or some other really barbaric poo poo. coincidentally law enforcement is both explicitly and implicitly from that legacy down to even anglosaxon loan words like sheriff (scirgerefa, eg shire reeve)

or it's some oathkeeper poo poo, idk

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

CuddleCryptid posted:

And all it would have taken is to arrest the murderer. They didn't even need to throw him in front of a judge tonight, just do anything other than what they did, ie make an imperial guard outside his house.

Funny how justice being served would stop riots from happening but still, people act like the rioters and looters are the real instigators. The internet has been a loving cesspool today.

oh no. how will the target corporation ever survive. those poor heavily armed boys in blue. oh dear.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Where is that video from? I don't see that big fire on the roof from the UR stream.

edit: that's not the precinct building, it's across the street

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 29, 2020

TheRealMcFoy
Aug 5, 2017

A big flaming stink posted:

https://twitter.com/sppdmn/status/1266202225677910022

hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

seems kinda sus

"We've investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing."

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Alkydere posted:

That building's still utterly hosed. A whole bunch of documents...

Yeah right before the ammo cooked off there was a guy who bailed out with a storage tub full of paperwork. I hope that finds its way somewhere useful.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

PT6A posted:

What I don't understand about this whole situation is that, at this point, it seems entirely transactional and predictable in a sense: you kill or beat a Black man, especially on camera, you roll the dice and if it comes up right, then a part of your city burns. That seems, if obviously not "lawful," then at least understandable and logical. Kneeling during the national anthem doesn't do poo poo, peaceful protests don't do poo poo, so why not burn the motherfucker down? So, what perplexes me about this situation is that, speaking to these cities and police departments: if you know what the consequences are likely to be, and you do indeed care so deeply about private property as you claim, why would you put up with any police officer who showed a tendency toward the sort of action that will predictably set off a riot like this, and most especially, why would you protect them in any sense beyond making sure they don't get killed by a mob in the aftermath?

The only answer I can come up with is that they love racism and brutality more than they love order and private property. They claim to care about those things, sure, but they belie it every time they take actions which very predictably lead to riots and destruction. They don't give a gently caress about property, any more than they give a gently caress about Black lives, because they don't take the most obvious, dumbass, easy steps they could take to prevent this sort of riot from ever happening again. Property is nothing to them; they care only about the defense of white supremacy, and they will gladly watch 1000 Targets and Autozones burn to maintain it.

EDIT: If you own poo poo in that neighbourhood that got destroyed, you have to realize that the police don't give a gently caress about you. They aren't infants, they can predict the consequences of their actions and they decided that your store, your restaurant, whatever, was a worthy sacrifice to be able to kill a Black man on the street.

This country was founded on the idea that you can't have private property or law and order without the genocide of indigenous people and the enslavement of Black people.

That's it. That's the entire thing and we've never ever turned our backs on that, not even during the civil war. You laid it out pretty well but I just really want to reinforce that there's no binary here between violence and stability in the US. They're co-constituted and if we ever want to be better then we have to break that, and all the structures that go with it, into pieces.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

They broke gas lines in building and are blowing it up

And apparently oxygen tanks? Scary stuff dealing with explosions.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

Huh almost like no justice, no peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Tayter Swift posted:

uhhhhhh okay thats scary

(e: apologies for the tviv; word on UR is the precinct building is about to blow up from a ruptured gas main. there was someone on the roof not too long ago)

There might not be a debate going on, but this feels like a fine time to tviv.