Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

this is good, we needed donnie to inject himself into the flody fiasco, and he did, and in the stupidest and most brazen way imaginable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Something I plan to do and I suggest everyone else make a point of, try to get in the habit of referring to these as anti police brutality protests even if there's some destruction of property or whatever. it's easy to just call it a riot or some poo poo, but that really doesn't do justice to the overwhelmingly peaceful nature and generally very focused nature of these demonstrations.

Also having been around a couple riots, the streams are not showing anything that looks at all like a riot

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

this is good, we needed donnie to inject himself into the flody fiasco, and he did, and in the stupidest and most brazen way imaginable

This

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
THUGS is a very deliberate word choice there. Fuckin racist pos really wants to tell the military to openly shoot black people.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

trumps gonna save biden from himself

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The 9th amendment bit is interesting since I cant recall any recent 9th cases lately

Would would be the result of a broader 9th?

I have no clue, the 9th amendment is pretty loving vague

quote:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Threatening to have the military gun down citizens is a hell of a thing to tweet out on a Thursday night.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Every part of this statement is absolutely insane on every level

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Bottom Liner posted:

THUGS is a very deliberate word choice there. Fuckin racist pos really wants to tell the military to openly shoot black people.

You can just feel how hard grumpy toddler wants to yell the n-word.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSWvPJnyMqY

Looks like everyone went back to the clinic. Cops didn't scare them away for long.

Yeah, I think there's 500 coming in? I'd expect them to be in town already, but none of the streams are showing any of them.

Yeah I think earlier it was the local police trying to spread out the crowd by firing and spraying protesters.

It looks like the national guard and state police haven't done anything but stand there. It's been the local pd that's been loving with everyone so far.

That dude has been streaming for 6 hours so far, I hope he can charge his poo poo.

e-
I believe the national guard are the dudes with assault rifles and have camo on. They might be staties also, but the other state police have different uniforms on.

Romes128 fucked around with this message at 06:07 on May 29, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

enraged_camel posted:

i mean i agree and i sorta assumed this would happen but jesus gently caress. he is a loving fool. he really is doing a Hoover speed run.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Romes128 posted:

That dude has been streaming for 6 hours so far, I hope he can charge his poo poo.

He just found out that the police station got burned down and he was shocked he missed it. He said he'd stream out there later possibly.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean i agree and i sorta assumed this would happen but jesus gently caress. he is a loving fool. he really is doing a Hoover speed run.

Hoover at least did stuff before and after his disaster of a presidency to help out the world. Trump will never do that

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I can't believe he just openly called for shooting protestors

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Wonder which of his ghoul advisors told him "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" and how hard are they cringing that he just tweeted that poo poo out.

I suspect that when he finds out he can't order the national guard to shoot anybody who is an all-caps thug, that he'll ask the Big Tough Bikers, Straight out of Central Casting to do a little corrective murder via twitter.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

The Glumslinger posted:

I have no clue, the 9th amendment is pretty loving vague

I think he means that he won't appoint a strict constituionalist.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
"When the looting starts, the shooting starts."

WHAT THE FUUUUCKKKK AHHHHHHH

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

he is gonna make this worse either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I can because he's Donald "Kill the central park five" Trump.

Why is anybody surprised anymore?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The president just threatened to have the national guard gun people down in the streets in no small part because it rhymed.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

So does Trump think that protestors should have just stood there and let cops fire everything at them and they just leave?

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Romes128 posted:

Yeah I think earlier it was the local police trying to spread out the crowd by firing and spraying protesters.

It looks like the national guard and state police haven't done anything but stand there. It's been the local pd that's been loving with everyone so far.

e-
I believe the national guard are the dudes with assault rifles and have camo on. They might be staties also, but the other state police have different uniforms on.

I was watching earlier and he said he had some portable chargers. He should be able to keep streaming for a minute.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

I mean there is buildings burning down already, I'd say that the boat sailed on his Red Crayon Line before he even drew it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

I can because he's Donald "Kill the central park five" Trump.

Why is anybody surprised anymore?

no but yes.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

bobjr posted:

So does Trump think that protestors should have just stood there and let cops fire everything at them and they just leave?

this is the guy who thought the border patrol should just open fire on refugees approaching the border

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So I wonder what DC is gonna look like tomorrow?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

idiotsavant posted:

Every part of this statement is absolutely insane on every level

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I will say one thing: Trump could have have gotten a boost from this, like Nixon in 69, because he can come down hard as the "Law and Order" dickhead wannabe he wants to be, and old white people eat that poo poo up

However Nixon was smart enough not to blatantly tell people to beat and shoot the hippies. Trump once again is bumbling all of this while just inciting more chaos. The man is a human can of gasoline at every conceivable crisis, problem, or threat: just pouring himself on whatever emergency happens, makes it about him, and then doubles down into utter lunacy.

It's really quite amazing to watch the dumbest loving man on the planet be allowed to feed the flames of every major flashpoint again, and again, and again

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Arglebargle III posted:

The president just threatened to have the national guard gun people down in the streets in no small part because it rhymed.

As bars go that part isn't half bad. Queue up the awkward jay-z nod gif.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

idk, but if he legit calls for killings again, doubles down and etc. than shits gonna get so much worse. any other president even a lovely conservative would have made some unity calm or a call for peace or some poo poo. not trump.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Abner Assington posted:

"When the looting starts, the shooting starts."

WHAT THE FUUUUCKKKK AHHHHHHH

Every white gun nut in the state 💯 saw that as a call to arms.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

The Glumslinger posted:

Could you imagine if people were protesting like this in DC. Trump would poo poo his pants.

In fear, I mean. Not just for fun.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

And Biden has so far not been completely poo poo in his responses though I expect him to disappoint me with some law and order talk tomorrow

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

I will say one thing: Trump could have have gotten a boost from this, like Nixon in 69, because he can come down hard as the "Law and Order" dickhead wannabe he wants to be, and old white people eat that poo poo up

However Nixon was smart enough not to blatantly tell people to beat and shoot the hippies. Trump once again is bumbling all of this while just inciting more chaos. The man is a human can of gasoline at every conceivable crisis, problem, or threat: just pouring himself on whatever emergency happens, makes it about him, and then doubles down into utter lunacy.

It's really quite amazing to watch the dumbest loving man on the planet be allowed to feed the flames of every major flashpoint again, and again, and again

i feel like even if he wasnt going full gas can with everything, it would still be bad for him because nixon was able to use the protests and riots under Johnson and poo poo. this is all under his watch and he spent days crying about twitter.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk, but if he legit calls for killings again, doubles down and etc. than shits gonna get so much worse. any other president even a lovely conservative would have made some unity calm or a call for peace or some poo poo. not trump.

c'mon, you know what's gonna happen

most people in media, including perhaps some of his fox news buddies, will tell him to shut the gently caress up

which will absolutely make him double down

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

most people in media, including perhaps some of his fox news buddies, will tell him to shut the gently caress up

oh i know he will. i am curious if this will turn into something bigger. it already is. trump just threw of a bucket of balloons full of gas onto the fire.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I'm betting he's not going to double down, he's doing that thing where instead of talking about the issue, he's focusing the whole conversation on him and the "meaning" behind his tweets. This will fester all day tomorrow, then really late he's going to say "I wasn't saying that I would call on the NG to shoot them, I was saying that riots cause violence in general" and people will be debating what he said for two weeks instead of talking about the victim.

The whole day with Fox was him trying to keep the narrative on him and his Twitter war and this overrode it so now he's trying to make it all about him again.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

lol fox news is loving this poo poo and would be absolutely gleeful if people got shot

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mat Cauthon posted:

As bars go that part isn't half bad. Queue up the awkward jay-z nod gif.

He rhymed starts with starts.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Desperate Character posted:

lol fox news is loving this poo poo and would be absolutely gleeful if people got shot

yeah but there are a few people at fox (e.g. chris wallace) that a) regularly speak against trump and b) trump hates and is constantly triggered by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Darko posted:

I'm betting he's not going to double down, he's doing that thing where instead of talking about the issue, he's focusing the whole conversation on him and the "meaning" behind his tweets. This will fester all day tomorrow, then really late he's going to say "I wasn't saying that I would call on the NG to shoot them, I was saying that riots cause violence in general" and people will be debating what he said for two weeks instead of talking about the victim.

The whole day with Fox was him trying to keep the narrative on him and his Twitter war and this overrode it so now he's trying to make it all about him again.

nah, he is gonna double down in the morning or earlier.

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1266190704386158593