Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

have a kid if you want. i'd advise against it but i'm also a huge fuckup in various other ways so lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's really easy to spot the losers with 5 kids who regret it

ftfy

Serf
May 5, 2011

also having a kid is proof that you had sex

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

clockwork chaos posted:

Oh word? Some second-hand boomer-rear end logic on display here y'all. Can't even commit to the ol' I suffered so others should suffer too rhetoric smh. Dontcha know kids are only good as accessories or labor, to care for me the parent as payment for me forcing them into this world. who cares about how they grow up or if their needs are met lmao

Grow up

No you're just a baby brain nihilist. You're not special, people persevered through worse things without being so bitchmade

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Early humans on the Pleistocene plains

"Ah well, our kids lives might be hard, guess we should die as a species"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Phi230 posted:

No you're just a baby brain nihilist. You're not special, people persevered through worse things without being so bitchmade

nah man this weird rear end complex is actually proof of my superior intellect and ethics! :smug:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I think everyone should have kids, so they've got someone to call them a Karen and make fun of them.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Serf posted:

also having a kid is proof that you had sex

It's proof that your wife or girlfriend had sex

Serf
May 5, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

what if you are the wife or girlfriend

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Hell yeah, Meltdown May is back, baby!

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Not having any kids was probably the best decision I ever made in my life because I would just end up being a lovely parent due to potental generational abuse, my not having enough money, and my horrible genetic make up. I'm sure I'll regret it at some point but I've not yet and I've gone to some pretty far lengths to ensure that I didn't have kids despite the constant pressure from people saying I needed to pop out a litter

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Serf posted:

jack rolls over inside of 24hrs

I don't know about that. I don't think @jack has ever "rolled over" as such, he's just a nazi. But his support for those causes evaporates VERY quickly for individuals who publicly attack him or his platform, like what happened with Alex Jones.

And I think @jack knows that TRUMP is far too addicted to posting and will never voluntarily leave the platform no matter what @jack does short of banning him. Trump'll have one of his tried-and-true tantrum and get right back to posting. He's exactly like tons of SA posters who get probated/banned repeatedly and are largely unwelcome but keep coming back.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I thought this said Mario Batali at first and was like, okay

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cool to wake up and read a bunch of well off and ultra aggro men try to harass and berate poor women into reproducing

Serf
May 5, 2011

univbee posted:

I don't know about that. I don't think @jack has ever "rolled over" as such, he's just a nazi. But his support for those causes evaporates VERY quickly for individuals who publicly attack him or his platform, like what happened with Alex Jones.

And I think @jack knows that TRUMP is far too addicted to posting and will never voluntarily leave the platform no matter what @jack does short of banning him. Trump'll have one of his tried-and-true tantrum and get right back to posting. He's exactly like tons of SA posters who get probated/banned repeatedly and are largely unwelcome but keep coming back.

admittedly, it would be pretty funny if jack keeps muting trump's posts and mysteriously dies in a car accident

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
There's an argument to be made that due to the panopticon, omnipresent technological control, biological control etc placed into the hands of a degenerate and inhuman ruling class that the near future has the potential to be vastly more horrifying than any human experience that has heretofore existed. Forget about regular old fear, hunger, climate change, natural disasters etc, that's all old hat, you just die. Plenty of people have been through that. The future has the potential to be an unendurable nightmare that you have no option but to endure because the powers that be have not yet drained everything they desire from you and will not allow you to die until they have. That's new.

Serf
May 5, 2011

the cia's long history of murdering leftists will culminate in the sloppy killing of a silicon valley techbro who like doesn't sleep for weeks because he thinks it will make him live forever and consumes only fungus dust or whatever lmao

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Serf posted:

what if you are the wife or girlfriend

unpossible! This is the internet, no women are on the internet

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Iron Crowned posted:

unpossible! This is the internet, no women are on the internet

Don't post jokes from your regdate

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Deceptive Thinker posted:

This is the plot of the new planet of the apes series right?

sure why not

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Often Abbreviated posted:

There's an argument to be made that due to the panopticon, omnipresent technological control, biological control etc placed into the hands of a degenerate and inhuman ruling class that the near future has the potential to be vastly more horrifying than any human experience that has heretofore existed. Forget about regular old fear, hunger, climate change, natural disasters etc, that's all old hat, you just die. Plenty of people have been through that. The future has the potential to be an unendurable nightmare that you have no option but to endure because the powers that be have not yet drained everything they desire from you and will not allow you to die until they have. That's new.

don't matter. none a this matters

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Phi230 posted:

Early humans on the Pleistocene plains

"Ah well, our kids lives might be hard, guess we should die as a species"

woulda been better than this

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

i never got into 40k

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

Phi230 posted:

People had kids facing down worse poo poo, stop being such a loser

goons unironically think this is the most messed up and bleak the world has ever been

and like, the fact that we can actually imagine a better way is so far from the misery of most of human history that we can't even conceive of how bad it has been.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

Iron Crowned posted:

thanks to ivf, it is impossible to tell if someone who would choose to be in a relationship with a goon has ever had sex

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

imagine how poo poo life was back when salt was an extremely expensive commodity

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Solarin posted:

imagine how poo poo life was back when salt was an extremely expensive commodity

I dunno, they say you couldn't get yelled at online back then so it couldn't have been that bad.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

pnumoman posted:

I dunno, they say you couldn't get yelled at online back then so it couldn't have been that bad.

based on archaeological evidence, they would just write it on the nearest wall instead

if they knew how to write, that is

if not they probably had an extensive array of public shaming techniques like medieval europe

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Why are you people being so mopey, we are burning down loving police stations

The police ran away

Burn the records, burn the evidence

We are so close to freedom

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Son of Man posted:

Why are you people being so mopey, we are burning down loving police stations

The police ran away

Burn the records, burn the evidence

We are so close to freedom

u read my posts at a very strange time in my life

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

have a kid (more than 2, lol) whatever, but society should promote discussing the costs for the future in doing so instead of making number go up.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Is the radial extreme left new world order gonna make mandatory girlfriends and covidbaby making sesh? Or nah. otherwise I'm gonna go back to the incel forum

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

its gonna be the genetic poo poo, imagine asbestos, thalidomide or lead but with the human genome

and hell, everything elses too

at least the new viral waves do give a chance that the viruses wipe industrial humanity out before then, turns out creating a global network of virus hosts who can travel across the world in hours and are in constant contact with everyone else may have dropped us into a biological arms race we really aint gonna win any time soon

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

. Plenty of people have been through that. The future has the potential to be an unendurable nightmare that you have no option but to endure because the powers that be have not yet drained everything they desire from you and will not allow you to die until they have. That's new.

Lmao "new". New for white people maybe

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lmao my brother is reciting chud talking points.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Cool to wake up and read a bunch of well off and ultra aggro men try to harass and berate poor women into reproducing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

clockwork chaos posted:

All I'm saying is having a kid in this day and age is ignorant myopia at best and unempathetic ego-fueled socipathy at worst. If you really want to take care of a kid, there are thousands that age out of foster homes every year. Unless it's more about passing on your unimpressive genes in a misplaced delusion of grandeur, in which case it isn't about the kid and never was.