Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Reddit thread on the looting of a Target store during the protests. Read the comments if you want to get cancer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ActualPublicFreakouts/comments/gryaah/dozens_of_people_loot_the_target_store_near/

"Oh, someone stole a mattress and instantpot? The murder is vindicated!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Who crunched the numbers and determined fast food restaurants can't give unlimited free food to employees?

Like, why isn't that a thing?

It always boggled my mind that it is not a thing.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hizawk posted:

Who crunched the numbers and determined fast food restaurants can't give unlimited free food to employees?

Rich people don't get rich by spending their money!!!!

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Hizawk posted:

That would probably work with a normal restaurant where the food just kind of fills you up the way it should, but probably not when you've engineered your food to be maximally addictive and minimally satiating. The cost of the food is a minor concern, the big problem would be the employees all becoming morbidly obese, reducing their effectiveness in a fast-paced crowded kitchen and projecting a rude reality to customers

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

a new study bible! posted:

Reddit thread on the looting of a Target store during the protests. Read the comments if you want to get cancer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ActualPublicFreakouts/comments/gryaah/dozens_of_people_loot_the_target_store_near/

They act like looting hasn't happened during every riot ever.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SubnormalityStairs posted:

They act like looting hasn't happened during every riot ever.

Keep in mind it's literally a subreddit about being shocked, shocked, that people behave badly in public sometimes, sooo...

At least buried in the replies are several people who are like "a riot is a protest that failed to get badly-needed results" and "this was forced by the police" so that's nice.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

Oddish777 4 points·3 hours ago
Gross how someone cares about target getting looted. Mine your business or go protest with them.

Good for you Oddish777 :patriot:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Reddit lmao

:words: :words: :words: :words: :words:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Someone link them that series of tweets Pamela Anderson wrote about the riots in France a few years back, it was seriously the best succinct explanation I've seen for why riots are violent and destructive

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

There have been moments in my life where just having someone give me like, a bunch of the basic poo poo you need for a nice living room would of changed my life. So good on these people for getting that.

like, if you're loving around in a riot to go grab a bunch of linens it's not because you loving love bed sheets, it's because you're taking the things society has been keeping you from having.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
idk stealing things isn't nearly as bad as murder, personally

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Peanut President posted:

idk stealing things isn't nearly as bad as murder, personally
Yeah, but the police killing a black person is looked at societally the same way as we look at wage theft: sure, it's an incredibly huge problem and loving appalling, but it benefits corporations and only hurts non-rich people, so it's fine.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

There have been moments in my life where just having someone give me like, a bunch of the basic poo poo you need for a nice living room would of changed my life. So good on these people for getting that.

like, if you're loving around in a riot to go grab a bunch of linens it's not because you loving love bed sheets, it's because you're taking the things society has been keeping you from having.

Well also cuz other people are doing it and it's cool and fun

Thanatosian posted:

Yeah, but the police killing a black person is looked at societally the same way as we look at wage theft: sure, it's an incredibly huge problem and loving appalling, but it benefits corporations and only hurts non-rich people, so it's fine.

Also a not-insignificant number of people think that it's just collateral damage from cops having a hard, deadly job that's super dangerous and so they have to assume the worst at all times, that it's a shame that it happens but for every one unarmed black teen killed there's probably a thousand cops killed by MS-13 or whatever cuz they failed to draw their gun fast enough. Cops have done an excellent PR job convincing everyone that what they do is super dangerous and not, y'know, consistently less deadly than being a roofer or w/e.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Shame Boy posted:

Well also cuz other people are doing it and it's cool and fun

Also a not-insignificant number of people think that it's just collateral damage from cops having a hard, deadly job that's super dangerous and so they have to assume the worst at all times, that it's a shame that it happens but for every one unarmed black teen killed there's probably a thousand cops killed by MS-13 or whatever cuz they failed to draw their gun fast enough. Cops have done an excellent PR job convincing everyone that what they do is super dangerous and not, y'know, consistently less deadly than being a roofer or w/e.

Yeah that kinda pisses me off. Roofers have a much more deadly job and you don't see them going out killing people.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1266109432410378255

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I prefer to believe these are just Sting tie-in products :colbert:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shame Boy posted:

I prefer to believe these are just Sting tie-in products :colbert:

The only good police

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Eau de cochon

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

bike tory posted:

Someone link them that series of tweets Pamela Anderson wrote about the riots in France a few years back, it was seriously the best succinct explanation I've seen for why riots are violent and destructive

i very much appreciate pamela anderson's transformation into dissident intellectual, it's great

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Saw one guy loading up on big boxes of Lego.

So goddamn jealous.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

V. Illych L. posted:

i very much appreciate pamela anderson's transformation into dissident intellectual, it's great

Comrades Britney and Pamela sure is a twist 90s me didn't see coming.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Orange Devil posted:

Comrades Britney and Pamela sure is a twist 90s me didn't see coming.

Comrade Britney has been a long time coming but Pamela is a welcome surprise for sure

oglethorpe2020
May 23, 2020

tux liberation front

https://www.pamelaandersonfoundation.org/news/2018/12/4/yellow-vests-and-i

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Western memorial grove"

"Happy Mothers' day mum.
Miss you.
Hugs, your son."

"STYLE
FLO
RISTS"

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
This isn’t a recipe for paella

Only registered members can see post attachments!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

This isn’t a recipe for paella

In case your brand was wondering which political issues it should be supporting, here you go:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

bike tory posted:

In case your brand was wondering which political issues it should be supporting, here you go:

I'm the strongest negative reaction coming from kneeling during the national anthem, over and above supporting republicans, gun control or anti-choice.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Look man you can control a woman's body, vote in corporate terrorists and take everyone's guns away, but you do not fuckin' disrespect old glory!!!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shame Boy posted:

I'm the strongest negative reaction coming from kneeling during the national anthem, over and above supporting republicans, gun control or anti-choice.

It’s the perfect political stance for a regressive and a coward.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
i dont know what is wrong with people...from a local facebook group

if we band together as a community, we can protect those corporate owned storefronts that are already insured for a fuckton

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

i dont know what is wrong with people...from a local facebook group

if we band together as a community, we can protect those corporate owned storefronts that are already insured for a fuckton

My grampy didn't lose an eye and a finger in WWII fighting for our freedom to shop at lovely run-down malls just to have some goddamn uppity protestors take that god-given right away now!!!

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

imagine dying to try and save a slightly more upscale walmart

do these morons think that their glorious corporate overlords will notice them and shower them with money and status for their bravery and service or something?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The_Franz posted:

do these morons think that their glorious corporate overlords will notice them and shower them with money and status for their bravery and service or something?

Local reporting is entirely focused on property damage and looting, so yes.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The_Franz posted:

I know plenty of people who would probably volunteer for this sort of thing so I genuinely don't believe they've thought about it very much. To them they're protecting innocent property from horrible rioting criminals and that's it. I guarantee that most people doing it haven't even thought about target being a large unfeeling corporation that won't even notice this amount of damage and will just get it covered by insurance anyway, or that the people looting it probably have some darn good reasons and at the very least are more sympathetic than Target Corp.

This is a store that I shop at and am familiar with, these people are destroying it which is Evil And Bad And Against the Law, I should protect it because I'm a good person.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

It's the same impulse every good person should get when they see someone in danger, what can I do to help / protect them, it's just been deliberately perverted into attaching itself to property. I'd also probably wager that they feel more familiarity and attachment to the Target they shop at every week then they do to the faceless poor desperate people taking things from it, since even if they lived next door who the hell knows their neighbors these days.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

In other news last month I finished paying off my student loan for the degree I didn't actually get 10 years ago, and this month found out my rent is going up by almost exactly the same amount as the student loan payment used to be :toot:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Iron Crowned posted:

Local reporting is entirely focused on property damage and looting, so yes.

I live in a white and boring suburb so to top it off there has been 0 protests or looters to date.

My wife called me in a panic cause they temporarily closed off a residential street near us and she thought the looters were here but it turned out to be a “suspicious package” on the road so like a cardboard box fell out of someone’s car or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I drafted something recently for an open mic set about how I don't drink alcohol and don't like the taste of beer (comedy is best when the crowd can't relate to it, I know).

Google docs thought this was a mistake.