Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Why aren't we more invested in what the escaped covid19 monkeys are up to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Poniard posted:

maybe they're having children

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/us-coronavirus-update-05-29-20/h_06111131c7b1957df06f66b3e109c936

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/health/antibody-tests-cdc-coronavirus-wrong/index.html

Are these two things related in anyway?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

clockwork chaos posted:

All I'm saying is having a kid in this day and age is ignorant myopia at best and unempathetic ego-fueled socipathy at worst. If you really want to take care of a kid, there are thousands that age out of foster homes every year. Unless it's more about passing on your unimpressive genes in a misplaced delusion of grandeur, in which case it isn't about the kid and never was.

shut the gently caress up lmao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

this thread is getting back on topic now

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Bearjew posted:

this thread is getting back on topic now

trump

wait, poo poo

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

spaceblancmange posted:

lmao my brother is reciting chud talking points.

It appears the revolution is here and chuds now get consequences. You can do whatever you want to him

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
I'm really sorry you're barren, snoo

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Nobody cares if you have kids or if you don't though for real

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I care if you have kids. Monstrous thing to do, honestly. Idiots.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

SKULL.GIF posted:

Cool to wake up and read a bunch of well off and ultra aggro men try to harass and berate poor women into reproducing

I haven't seen that at all - quite the opposite in fact :confused: As a disclaimer, I don't have or want children, but I'm not about to run someone down for wanting them... you guys are (ironically) being childish about the bodily autonomy of others!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

oxsnard posted:

shut the gently caress up lmao

I would like to request a solidarity sixer for this probation for an extremely C-SPAM post. This aggression by the forums cops will not stand.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Perry Mason Jar posted:

no more kid posting. start a new thread about the horror of having kids if you want to.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Plus my rap sheet is getting stale

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Poniard posted:

nature finds a way

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/BarExamTutor/status/1266231445439184896

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Chaos theory baby, poo poo is gettin chaotic

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

at a wildlife disease conference last year, literally half a day was about bat virus spillover to humans. later, a distinguished professor from the UK stood up and looked around at the audience of international wildlife disease researchers and said, "we would probably make a bigger difference for wildlife if we all did family planning research instead." ouch.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Poniard posted:

they are harnessing the unfiltered power of raw coronavirus energy, op

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Rauros posted:

at a wildlife disease conference last year, literally half a day was about bat virus spillover to humans. later, a distinguished professor from the UK stood up and looked around at the audience of international wildlife disease researchers and said, "we would probably make a bigger difference for wildlife if we all did family planning research instead." ouch.

Sounds like professor dipshit shoulda been worried about the bats after all

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Son of Man posted:

I'm really sorry you're barren, snoo

What made you think this is an ok thing to say ever

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

poo poo I forgot we are going back on topic

I await the further adventures of the monkeys

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Hodgepodge posted:

based on archaeological evidence, they would just write it on the nearest wall instead

if they knew how to write, that is

if not they probably had an extensive array of public shaming techniques like medieval europe

I'm reading Discipline and Punish right now and it's quite amazing to think about how much of our justice system is mostly built around public spectacle.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Poniard posted:

I await the further adventures of the monkeys

“Plagued beast” is an acquired template that can be added to a living, corporeal creature with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2. A plagued beast uses all of the creature’s statistics and special abilities.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Phi230 posted:

Early humans on the Pleistocene plains

"Ah well, our kids lives might be hard, guess we should die as a species"

To be fair, early humans hadn't developed science and made a case for how the world will be uninhabitable within an average human lifespan.

Apocalyptic theories aren't just religious now, facts say we are actually headed toward the end. If you want to stick your kid with that, good for you.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

lmao

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Wait, there are covid-19 infected monkeys that escaped?? I just woke up and I have my first cup of coffee in hand, but it's too hot to drink. I need to be passively fed this information, so someone please bring me up to speed, tia.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

I had to go into work yesterday and they had something like this, just much shorter. Have you checked your fever today, have you been around Covid sick people, etc. It's promoted as a "Your health and safety are our greatest concern" but it's obviously a CYA thing.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

nikosoft posted:

Wait, there are covid-19 infected monkeys that escaped?? I just woke up and I have my first cup of coffee in hand, but it's too hot to drink. I need to be passively fed this information, so someone please bring me up to speed, tia.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1266335781775380480

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

lol okay, that's funny, but not that bad. I approve!

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

nikosoft posted:

trummp

gregday
May 23, 2003

nikosoft posted:

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I think the world would be a better place with less people in the future, because they keep telling us that wealth redistribution won't solve the problem of not enough meat for everyone to have a first world lifestyle, and I want a world where people can know the joys of eating delicious animal flesh

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

trúmp

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

galenanorth posted:

I think the world would be a better place with less people in the future, because they keep telling us that wealth redistribution won't solve the problem of not enough meat for everyone to have a first world lifestyle, and I want a world where people can know the joys of eating delicious animal flesh

synethetic meat is a technology that only needs a concentrated push of research dollars to achieve satisfactorily for all but the most die-hard meat eaters

like, i like meat, but i'm really not attached to the death and destruction of it, y'know. there are a lot of biotech projects like this that our capitalism-induced inability to publicly fund research at the appropriate level has left underfunded despite their transformative potential for society

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Eat meat manifesto

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Jazerus posted:

synethetic meat is a technology that only needs a concentrated push of research dollars to achieve satisfactorily for all but the most die-hard meat eaters

like, i like meat, but i'm really not attached to the death and destruction of it, y'know. there are a lot of biotech projects like this that our capitalism-induced inability to publicly fund research at the appropriate level has left underfunded despite their transformative potential for society

I love eating in general, but if I could take a food pill every day that was cheaper than stocking a fridge I absolutely would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Man posted:

Sounds like professor dipshit shoulda been worried about the bats after all

Corona virus doesn't hurt bats.