Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

During this pandemic I got an air fryer and learned to "cook" Lamb Weston crinkle cut fries and it's the best thing I've ever done

You basically just throw them in the fryer and wait 25 minutes, occasionally shaking em around, add salt, garlic salt, spices, whatever

So you know, silver linings

Someday I might even consider buying real fries and cutting them myself, but let's not go too crazy just because the world is ending

So in the future, when they ask you "was all this worth it?", tell your mutated children: Yes, for a brief moment Comfy had some tasty rear end fries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

https://twitter.com/JonathanTamari/status/1266376032271007749

lol hoo boy if this has been running around the Senate for a while

if it has and a bunch caught it and nobody's keeled over that's gonna be insane

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

During this pandemic I got an air fryer and learned to "cook" Lamb Weston crinkle cut fries and it's the best thing I've ever done

You basically just throw them in the fryer and wait 25 minutes, occasionally shaking em around, add salt, garlic salt, spices, whatever

Someday I might even consider buying real fries and cutting them myself, but let's not go too crazy just because the world is ending

So in the future, when they ask you "was all this worth it?", tell your mutated children: Yes, for a brief moment Comfy had some tasty rear end fries

"Buying real fries and cutting them myself" :laugh:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

The June Doom, here we come

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

useful skills for the wasteland, during the gale season you can flip over a shopping cart and take advantage of the 140 degree afternoon temps to turn the world into your air fryer!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

oops

listen I'm no Gordon Ramses

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 209 days!

ah yes, the frytrees are in full bloom this time of year. time to pick the ripe, juicy fryfruit

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

oops

listen I'm no Gordon Ramses

Yeah you seem more like a Guy Frieri

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Air Fryieri

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Someday I might even consider buying real fries and cutting them myself.

I believe you'll find these are called potatoes, or Low Down Dirt Lads in the common parlance, before they have been enchippened.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/SLTimes/status/1266044429732888576

https://twitter.com/SLTimes/status/1266146197087150080

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Hopper posted:

If you can get one I'd jump at the chance now. I waited for ages until the 8qt finally was available over here and it is really super versatile.

it really is super flexible. sometimes i cook every meal in the thing. oatmeal, beans+rice+meat, some kinda chicken pasta. sometimes i just throw a fuckin sweet potato in there and eat the whole thing for a meal. i'd be super duper hosed in the quarantine lifestyle if i had to actually think about how to cook stuff or worry about burning or babysit something that needs soak or steam.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
what instant pot and air fryer should i get

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

look upon my restaurants ye mighty and despair. Nothing beside remains. Round the decay. Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare. The lone and level strip malls stretch far away.”

I know it’s Ozymandias but statues of Ramses inspired the poem.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Korean Boomhauer posted:

I'm somewhat of an air fryer cooking expert, I'd recommend the one that goes up to 400f and goes "ping" when the timer is done

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

rand paul caused this didn't he, lol if he gets the turtle roni'd

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

down goes Tyson

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Korean Boomhauer posted:

The instant pot brand pressure cooker is pretty clutch and isn't too expensive. Would go with the 6 qt minimum, the 3 qt doesn't have as many settings and is too small for much besides side dishes.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

get some small Yukon golds. cut in half. toss in oil. season with kosher salt, tarragon, thyme. place on sheet pan don’t crowd them. 375 for 45 minutes flip once at 25 minutes. better than any fries.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Korean Boomhauer posted:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1266335781775380480

have we discussed the monkeys yet

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Not a Children posted:

The instant pot brand pressure cooker is pretty clutch and isn't too expensive. Would go with the 6 qt minimum, the 3 qt doesn't have as many settings and is too small for much besides side dishes.

Is it the multicooker or regular instant pot?

EDIT: and then theres the air fryer vs the air fryer oven

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Yes, depending on who you ask it's just a filler episode or the writers are setting up next season's A plot

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Yes, depending on who you ask it's just a filler episode or the writers are setting up next season's A plot

i am so sick of these monster-of-the-week side bars, they're going to have to rush the final three episodes

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
im a big dumbo when it comes to these all in one cookers so i think im gonna get the 8qt duo and maybe an air fryer from the same company

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
OH poo poo THERES ONE THAT DOES AIR FRY TOO

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Get the multicooker. It does the exact same thing as a pressure cooker and you can ignore the other settings easily. Then try one of the recipes that come with it.

Ignore, did not realize that the Duo was an Instapot model. I would avoid the air fryer model, though. It's trying to do one more thing that is wildly disparate from the others. The Instapot is good at heating things and pressure. The one with an air fryer basically has an air fryer lid tacked on top of an Instapot, which means that the airflow that makes an air fryer work is compromised.

Arsenic Lupin has issued a correction as of 19:19 on May 29, 2020

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
You can bake cakes in the pressure cooker too, just remove the rubber gasket. My parlor trick was to cook an entire meal, soup, veg, meat, rice and desert, in a pressure cooker.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Jamie pull up that virus monkey. *glass breaking sound followed by screaming*

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Get the multicooker. It does the exact same thing as a pressure cooker and you can ignore the other settings easily. Then try one of the recipes that come with it.

Ignore, did not realize that the Duo was an Instapot model. I would avoid the air fryer model, though. It's trying to do one more thing that is wildly disparate from the others. The Instapot is good at heating things and pressure. The one with an air fryer basically has an air fryer lid tacked on top of an Instapot, which means that the airflow that makes an air fryer work is compromised.

Will do. I'll get a separate one then

Throatwarbler posted:

You can bake cakes in the pressure cooker too, just remove the rubber gasket. My parlor trick was to cook an entire meal, soup, veg, meat, rice and desert, in a pressure cooker.

oh poo poo this is so cool. i wanna give that a try someday too.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

if it has and a bunch caught it and nobody's keeled over that's gonna be insane

pledging your soul to Moloch has its benefits

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I got an air fryer for free and have yet to figure out what to do with it besides cook some chicken nuggets for my preschooler

I guess at some point I should figure out a potato recipe but it's so small it's not really worth using for more than a single small meal. Which to be fair it's quite good at vs heating up the oven

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chicago is having a press conference with restaurant owners about a program where streets are being closed for extra outdoor seating space

one business owner said her employees gave her money so she could open back up. They "put their money where their mouth is when it comes to getting back to work."

that doesn't make sense or seem legal?

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Throatwarbler posted:

Make a cheesecake in that bad boy

https://thisoldgal.com/pressure-cooker-new-york-cheesecake/

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

Chicago is having a press conference with restaurant owners about a program where streets are being closed for extra outdoor seating space

one business owner said her employees gave her money so she could open back up. They "put their money where their mouth is when it comes to getting back to work."

"Gave her money" probably means stole their wages from their last checks

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

Watch the follow up to this end up being “she just didn’t cut paychecks for her employees and said it was them giving back.”

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2C-rRZgnIU

"we will be terminating our relationship with the world health organization"

welp.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

durrneez posted:

welp.

Which of course is something you want to hear from your leaders during a global pandemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

durrneez posted:

welp.

to be fair nobody in America will be healthy by October