Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

e: Realizing you might be talking about a different shop upgrade - the challenge autocompletion upgrade is at its best when you are just starting reincarnation, once you are at the point where you've finished all 75 levels of the transcendence challenges and bought the researches that automatically finish any manually completed levels of the transcendence challenges, the only thing it really does is speed up the beginning of new reincarnations. Because it's not activated in reincarnation challenges, that 300 quarks goes better to the auto-obtainium and auto-offering upgrades, which is what I meant to describe earlier.

yeah this is what i meant. it sounds neat but in reality it does actually nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanton Spoon
Aug 19, 2007

Senior Burgeoner

Maybe it matters what your other priorities have been in the meantime, but it feels to me like the most consistently useful upgrades in Synergism are the ones that reduce the taxation rate by any amount. It seems like anytime I take those, profits in nearly all resources make an immediate, significant jump.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Wanton Spoon posted:

Maybe it matters what your other priorities have been in the meantime, but it feels to me like the most consistently useful upgrades in Synergism are the ones that reduce the taxation rate by any amount. It seems like anytime I take those, profits in nearly all resources make an immediate, significant jump.

yes, my guess is its scaling is very fast, so any decrease in that scaling disproportionatly affects coins and thus all the currencies after

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Is there a point in NGU i should start investing in Mcguffins or are they actually pretty negligible all in all in terms of what they bring?

I've just got the full greasy nerd set and i'm grinding no rebirth challenges to bring the timer down but i've been wondering if i've missed another decent powerup at this point by doing literally nothing with them.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
That's exactly the point you start caring a bit more about them, with the Nerd and the following titans dropping guffs on kill(Adventure being the first and also most important until the R3 guffs)

They're still not going to carry you all the way, that's the job of Hacks from now on, but its a nice addition.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
beards are better, accs are better, but the guff bonus is nothing to sneeze at after a while

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

I am the point where I just unlocked MacGuffins, should I then farm one that looks decent to me and leave them be for a while or farm a few levels of one or maybe farm for the perk that makes them drop from ITOPOD?

Basically how much time should I invest in them now?

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

porkinson posted:

I am the point where I just unlocked MacGuffins, should I then farm one that looks decent to me and leave them be for a while or farm a few levels of one or maybe farm for the perk that makes them drop from ITOPOD?

Basically how much time should I invest in them now?

Basically not worth until around Evilverse or even Greasy Nerd (so somewhere around Evil 58 to Evil 125). I mean, buying the Perks will come naturally as they are relatively cheap, so buy them when they seem fairly cheap to you. The 5000 PP one that lets you put Macguffins into the Daycare is pretty useful, they level quite quickly and you often have a spot or two open once you've got more slots unlocked. But don't sit around and farm a zone that's not profitable just for Macguffins.

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

Would it be at all possible to get an ITOPOD Light that yells at you when you're not in the ITOPOD? I've proven time and time again that I cannot be trusted to jump back into the tower when I'm done active questing, and I would absolutely pay AP to save me from myself.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
For Beards in NGU, does only an active beard carry over it's permanent bonus through a rebirth? I swear I levelled a bunch of beards right after unlocking them and only my adventure beard has the permanent bonus

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Yeah they gotta be active on rebirth to give perma gains iirc

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Sigh, i sat on a long 11 day run grinding out the greasy nerd (v2) for his gear. All the time dumping points into advanced training to boost my adventure stats but continually wondering why i wasn't moving up past ITOPOD level 547.

Turns out i didn't realise that i need to let it climb past my previous maximum first and i only just noticed that after i rebirthed to do the no rebirth challenge.

I probably could have breached level 700 with my stats instead of slowly plinking away at upgrading the gear with 1000 boosts like i have been :/

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Kin posted:

Sigh, i sat on a long 11 day run grinding out the greasy nerd (v2) for his gear. All the time dumping points into advanced training to boost my adventure stats but continually wondering why i wasn't moving up past ITOPOD level 547.

Turns out i didn't realise that i need to let it climb past my previous maximum first and i only just noticed that after i rebirthed to do the no rebirth challenge.

I probably could have breached level 700 with my stats instead of slowly plinking away at upgrading the gear with 1000 boosts like i have been :/

I most recently did this at itopod 1240 and I'll do it again in the future

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Is there any trick in Synergism to beat the Cost++ challenge for the first time other than waiting? I have all of the researches except for the super-expensive obtainium/rune relate ones (44/100 on the obtainium) and my runes are 317/275/148/150. My reincarnation challenges are 17/12/0, everything else is 75/75.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I've got the Beast awakened (one of those "well I can easily and quickly do this so I might as well get it out of the way" things) but I'm clearly far from ready to fight it. I'm dumping blood into iron pills and getting 1500-2000 stats each time (depending on what else I've been doing) but outside of that my sources of adventure stat increases are the gold digger and dumping huge amounts of time into Advanced Training. Should I be spending XP on adventure stats? I've mostly been pumping my Energy and Magic.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

no need to dump xp

iirc, this is the first time that adv. training banks make a really big difference

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Yeah adv. training is going to become a huge part of your adventure stats from here on out. You're going to need them in the millions once you hit evil, but thankfully late normal/early evil is where you start reaching enough energy to blackbar adv. training for entire rebirths.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Is there any trick in Synergism to beat the Cost++ challenge for the first time other than waiting? I have all of the researches except for the super-expensive obtainium/rune relate ones (44/100 on the obtainium) and my runes are 317/275/148/150. My reincarnation challenges are 17/12/0, everything else is 75/75.

Dupe Rune 400 seems to be the conventional wisdom.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Klungar posted:

Dupe Rune 400 seems to be the conventional wisdom.

But get Thrift to 200 first before anything else for the offering recycle bonus.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

What's the best thing to spend my obtainium on as soon as I start getting it? I'm thinking the start reincarnations with upgraders unlocked is my best shout.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
So all I can really do right now is pour XP into Energy for Advanced Training and sit tight through the long wait for Advanced Training to build up?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Oodles posted:

What's the best thing to spend my obtainium on as soon as I start getting it? I'm thinking the start reincarnations with upgraders unlocked is my best shout.

Yes, all the green border ones are your first targets. Remember there is one hiding further bottom right that starts auto-generating Obtainium and further spurs Research growth.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

So all I can really do right now is pour XP into Energy for Advanced Training and sit tight through the long wait for Advanced Training to build up?

yes, grind out ITOPOD to get perk points, and if you wish really really hard in the future advanced training will no longer be a concern

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's a...long distant future though. For the record, hwoo boy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sage Grimm posted:

Yes, all the green border ones are your first targets. Remember there is one hiding further bottom right that starts auto-generating Obtainium and further spurs Research growth.
Yeah, it's row 1-1-1 to 1-1-4, then 3-3-1 is the autogenerate obtainium and that's the thing you want most afterwards. I did get all four of the production first just to make the grind for the 5 to pay for it less painful.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Synergism - how do I unlock permanent auto-buy for accelerators and multipliers?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

The Fool posted:

Synergism - how do I unlock permanent auto-buy for accelerators and multipliers?

10 of challenge 1 and 2

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Meskhenet posted:

IM on like my 5th day of an NGU run, i promise ill rebirth sometime later this week.

And i just saw i havent put anything into my ngu's lol. oh well.

Its an idler :)

I've just gone 2 days without a rebirth - I just got to where it seems that I can get roughly as much EXP from autokilling titans as from re-killing normal bosses (given the time required to get my Number up), while making respectable progress on my adventure stats with the Iron Pill spell. Now that my office has opened back up, I'll be having to rely more on the "idle" part of the game.

The next time I rebirth will probably be when I do back-to-back No Equipment challenges (once I can autokill Gordon Ramsay without equipment).

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

What’s the tip for getting more than 20 particles on a reincarnation? I’ve fully automated p1 and the first two of p2. All my upgrades are automated except mythos

/edit Turns out I just need to play more.

Oodles fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 29, 2020

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
in ordinal markup, am I missing something?

I've got 21 OP, one completion of challenge 1, and it was going to take me 4 hours for my next boost
I'm trying challenge 1 again and I'm just.. waiting for it to go from e221 to e223? I'd do challenge 2 but that seems impossible to do with what I've got?

does this game ever get... good again? am I just getting lost because it isn't using comprehensible numbers?

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

egg tats posted:

in ordinal markup, am I missing something?

I've got 21 OP, one completion of challenge 1, and it was going to take me 4 hours for my next boost
I'm trying challenge 1 again and I'm just.. waiting for it to go from e221 to e223? I'd do challenge 2 but that seems impossible to do with what I've got?

does this game ever get... good again? am I just getting lost because it isn't using comprehensible numbers?
It's just a really slow game. There's a chart to know what factor boost to be at before doing a challenge here. But it still takes ~10 hours to get to the next factor boost. Oh and also the booster upgrade that multiplies Tier 1 and 2 works with unspent boosters, so there's some upgrades you don't need when just trying to reach the next FB.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

i've been stuck at the megalands in adventure for what feels like a few weeks now. i have the mega set maxxed out and when i get a few thousand advanced training for both power and toughness i autokill uug. i can't seem to get to a point where i can stand a chance in the beardverse. what is a good way to increase adventure stats?

when i have all the gear on i have 77 million energy and 27 million magic.
i'm using the BEARd and the beard cage beards of power.
level 37 in adventure gold digger although it's tough to get it to 37.
right now after 2 days and 3 hours i'm grossing 12 quntillion gold.

working on getting my pomegranate up to level 10, it's at 6 now. should i more focus on fruit of adventure?

should i spend exp on adventure stats?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

are you Iron Pilling up your adventure stats? every little helps i guess

i think i'm basically at that point, currently farming for Beard gear with adventure digger/drop digger; i have about 20% more energy/magic than you though

i might be wrong but your gear doesn't give you +% adventure stats, it just gives you +. buying adventure stats is therefore not hugely useful in my eyes as it's a flat bonus; i think you should be pumping the amount of energy/magic you have, but happy to be corrected

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

yeah i get around 200 - 350 every time i iron pill
i put a lot into counterfeit gold so i can use my gold diggers. maybe i should focus more on the iron pill.

i think im going to put a lot more energy into the ngu adventure. i have about 30 levels right now.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

NinetySevenA posted:

i think im going to put a lot more energy into the ngu adventure. i have about 30 levels right now.

this

anytime you need more adventure stats until you get to sadistic, it's ngu + AT

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Eldercain posted:

this

anytime you need more adventure stats until you get to sadistic, it's ngu + AT

what about after Sadistic? I just finished the Back to School set and now what do i do?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Lone Goat posted:

what about after Sadistic? I just finished the Back to School set and now what do i do?

I've been dumping exp into adventure stats a lot. once you hit EM cap cap is the best way to get gear, and the later gear has lots of wish/hack/r3 on it when exp gain crawls compared to r3 costs. doesn't help that pill is useless either

most of my base stats are bought now

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~

Lone Goat posted:

Cry. Wait. Cry some more.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Eldercain posted:

I've been dumping exp into adventure stats a lot. once you hit EM cap cap is the best way to get gear, and the later gear has lots of wish/hack/r3 on it when exp gain crawls compared to r3 costs. doesn't help that pill is useless either

most of my base stats are bought now

what are the EM caps, and are they applied to the base number or the modified? also don't say it in "quinjillions" or whatever, please tell me the actual numerals

for reference, i'm at 4,560,010,000,000 base and 1,888,473,607,220,080,896 E and slightly less M

Shadowstar posted:

Cry. Wait. Cry some more.

ok on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Lone Goat posted:

for reference, i'm at 4,560,010,000,000 base and 1,888,473,607,220,080,896 E and slightly less M

modified. and you're at ~2 out of 9