Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

gonna yell "llany" really loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon

by sebmojo

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Everyone roll percentage dice please

91 lol

nut

Heather Papps posted:

gonna yell "llany" really loud

Buddy starts playing chords in time to the yell, nudging and nodding at Heather to yell again to the rhythm.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The Party is alerted to the absence of Llany and begin calling out Llany's name, even going so far as to burst into a Llany lament. The singing quickly dies down however as everyone realizes the floor is glittering with gems, coins, and what turns out to be 2 very nice looking swords (one quite sinister feeling; Tak seems drawn to its innate darkness) A large, very finely crafted shield, and an odd looking pair of wings. As everyone's eyes are drawn to the new-found booty, a familiar voice says "Ooooo! s h i n y!" as Llany returns in time to help count it all out.

There are all told 17,000gp
12,000ep
50 gems worth around 100gp each

Heather Papps

hello friend

an odd looking pair of wings.

wanna look at the wings after giving llany a pat on the head

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

wanna look at the wings after giving llany a pat on the head

As you pick up the wings, they grow considerably larger in your hands. They're attached to a harness and appear ready to be worn

Heather Papps

hello friend

As you pick up the wings, they grow considerably larger in your hands. They're attached to a harness and appear ready to be worn

gonna sneak up and slip them onto buddy

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

gonna sneak up and slip them onto buddy

Buddy is now wearing wings!

Stoner Sloth

>Tak will inspect the weapon radiating innate darkness, after helping load the assault vest of holding with the non-magical loot. "Perhaps one of the less combat oriented party members should take the shield?" the assassin suggests, hoping to spread out this lucky find among the group to most efficiently boost their chances of survival.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak will inspect the weapon radiating innate darkness, after helping load the assault vest of holding with the non-magical loot. "Perhaps one of the less combat oriented party members should take the shield?" the assassin suggests, hoping to spread out this lucky find among the group to most efficiently boost their chances of survival.

As you hold your hand out to touch the sword, Dorg's voice appears surprisingly close to you. How did he get that close to you without you noticing? "Don't let it talk you into doing anything you might regret, now!" he says. It gives you pause for concern. Dorg never said NOT to pick up the sword; only to not let it talk you into doing anything you might regret.

What could THAT mean?

You remember hearing through your travels of swords that could try and influence it's wielder, talking them into doing deeds that ultimately lead to their undoing.

Could THIS be one of those swords?

Only one way to find out...

Roll a 20 and percentage dice!

Stoner Sloth

d20

20, 10, 10, 10, 19 (dang hoping i didn't break something on the roller lol)

and for the percentage

biosterous

Llany is pestering Buddy to try flying and is ready to take notes.

"like how high can you go? how fast? do you stop fast or is momentum a huge factor?"

he seems to have forgotten that the wings are brand new to Buddy and he doesn't know the answers yet

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

d20

20, 10, 10, 10, 19 (dang hoping i didn't break something on the roller lol)

and for the percentage

DM's Note: gently caress YOU!

Stoner Sloth

(lol - stick around, i'm sure i'll do a triple-quintuple 1's at some point judging by my rolling in the GBS campaign)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Tak reaches out to pick up the sword, hesitates for a moment, as if listening to someone- and resumes picking up the sword.

The sword is a scimitar, curved and wicked looking; Tak swings the sword experimentally, and seems to be communicating with... someone.

"I was instructed beforehand to avoid temptations generated from within by you" Tak says.

"I of course would be most interested in those things you offer me in return, but it will be according to MY terms, and not yours. I could just as easily toss you into a hole and leave you here, as take you with me."

Tak is still swinging the sword experimentally, becoming more and more proficient and sure with its use with each passing moment.

"Very well. I feel comfortable accepting your terms, in exchange for the offers you proffered to me."

At that, Tak appears to slice the scimitar against their own flesh, and you can't help but f e e l that a bargain has been made, a contract has been signed, and a soul had been bonded with.

Soul Drinker has been brought back into the world, but this time it will NOT be on its terms. Tak is its wielder and will tolerate no disloyalty, and Soul Drinker will obey its weilder...

Soul Drinker is a +4 Soul Stealer. A natural roll of 17 on a 20-sided die results in the death of the target, saving throw applies.

When Soul Drinker steals a soul, it powers up abilities that Soul Drinker can bestow to its wielder.

Soul Drinker is the wielder's preferred weapon in all combat situations.

Considering your rolls, I will allow you to do a one-time re-allocation of skill points to take points put into crossbows and put them into swords, scimitar.

This could very well be an ability the sword is willing to bestow upon it's wielder.

Roll a 20! (you are going to endure a Race change as a result of wielding Soul Drinker)

Stoner Sloth

Soul Drinker is a +4 Soul Stealer. A natural roll of 17 on a 20-sided die results in the death of the target, saving throw applies.

When Soul Drinker steals a soul, it powers up abilities that Soul Drinker can bestow to its wielder.

Soul Drinker is the wielder's preferred weapon in all combat situations.

Considering your rolls, I will allow you to do a one-time re-allocation of skill points to take points put into crossbows and put them into swords, scimitar.

This could very well be an ability the sword is willing to bestow upon it's wielder.

Roll a 20! (you are going to endure a Race change as a result of wielding Soul Drinker)

>Tak's inscrutable alieness doesn't express any sense of emotion externally, however it's hard to escape the idea that the assassin is somehow pleased with this find.

(Think Tak's set up should work as is with both crossbows and swords or scimitars, crossbow expertise lets him fire in melee without penalties while still wielding a sword provide he doesn't lose his extra arms or something lol... speaking of, i'm going to post this cause i'm weirded out by it too)

(not sure if good or bad but probably interesting! lol)

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
You're going to be a bipedal humanoid and lose 2 limbs

Stoner Sloth

You're going to be a bipedal humanoid and lose 2 limbs

(oh no! the horror! lol poor Tak well i might have to look at adjusting skills if that's an option in that case - but either way, interesting!)

>Tak slumps back against the wall as a terrible metamorphosis begins to take place - largely hidden by the hooded overcoat for the moment but still apparent in the way that Tak's body writhes and changes into... something else...

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

(oh no! the horror! lol poor Tak well i might have to look at adjusting skills if that's an option in that case - but either way, interesting!)

>Tak slumps back against the wall as a terrible metamorphosis begins to take place - largely hidden by the hooded overcoat for the moment but still apparent in the way that Tak's body writhes and changes into... something else...

Uh...

Wait, are you saying

was your most recent roll when I asked you to roll?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
NM, I scrolled back up, you rolled a 20 10 10 10 18 before that.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Tak slumps down, bubbling and writhing and squeaking and popping. It's disconcerting at best, and when he's done, Tak steps out from the large, crumpled up hooded overcoat they were once wearing still trying to figure out what size to be and you see Tak is now, despite whatever hey were before, a Drow Elf.

Tak is now 4' 6" and all of his magical armor and gear changes size to accommodate accordingly, including the tactical harness and hooded overcoat.

Tak gains +2 to Dex and Presence and +2 to all thieving skills

Tak now has Drow Racial abilities and class bonuses accordingly and keeps all other previous hit points and other skills.

Tak can see Infrared.

Tak can speak Underdark.

Soul Drinker is thirsty...

Stoner Sloth

>Tak's mind at least has not changed and after a brief moment of touching his face (!) and feeling the weird sensation of having skin (yuck) - the assassin manages to regain his mental stability. It's externally clear he's male now, and don't get him started on the weird junk you mammals have hanging off you, for one thing and the considerably shorter height and lack of proper number of limbs definitely has him having to adjust his movements considerably.

>Speaking is something that is beyond him for the moment - before he mimicked human speech using clicking noises made by insectoid body parts, now he's likely to have to learn all over again since he has no experience operating a voice box, teeth or a tongue.

>Internally he forces himself to calm, unused to the strange body chemistry of this new form, before mentally communing with the sword "What have you done? And how do I reverse it. Help me do that, sword, and you'll get all the souls you could hope for to drink."

NM, I scrolled back up, you rolled a 20 10 10 10 18 before that.

(Lol yeah - 20, 10, 10, 10, 19 was the first one and then 10, 10, 20, 18 on that second one that i figured i had to screen shot cause between that and the first wtf is going on?!?)

take the moon

by sebmojo
my dude, content to stay comfy and quiet this whole time, steps forward to deliver a socially awkward PSA on the nature of dark soul weapons. I figure a success might ensure a state of alertness in the party/tak somewhat like Roland in the dark tower gambit

a failure might result in ppl seeing him as a buzzkill of the who invited this guy variety

nut

Buddy looks back over his shoulders to Heather, partially blocked by a giant pair of wings. He blinks before turning around to see Llany excitedly instructing him. Not wanting to disappoint the eager scientists, Buddy shrugs violently, muttering, “Cmon” to himself between each flap.

nut

Buddy shoots Llany a brief smile, “Heh heh sorry, normally not one for stage fright”. he hops a bit into each shrug

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

nut posted:

Buddy looks back over his shoulders to Heather, partially blocked by a giant pair of wings. He blinks before turning around to see Llany excitedly instructing him. Not wanting to disappoint the eager scientists, Buddy shrugs violently, muttering, “Cmon” to himself between each flap.

You glide around with ease, your agility and ability to fly, even this- your first time ever flight. You land, then alight; fly for a bit, land again- you cannot believe how incredible life is now that y o u c a n f l y . . .

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

take the moon posted:

my dude, content to stay comfy and quiet this whole time, steps forward to deliver a socially awkward PSA on the nature of dark soul weapons. I figure a success might ensure a state of alertness in the party/tak somewhat like Roland in the dark tower gambit

a failure might result in ppl seeing him as a buzzkill of the who invited this guy variety

The strange, ethereal creature once again appears, issuing warnings to Tak about the nature and threat of a Dark weapon. They are, of course correct.

In the matter of Soul Drinker, there is a nearby Deity who has also leaned upon the Will of Soul Drinker, coercing it to the point of meek subservience, forever in the service of Tak, now Drow Elf, but still a Being of benevolent chaos, not bowing once to Good, not the other to Evil, instead deciding for himself what is "worthy", and going forth that route.

The Nu Mou's eyes glow for a moment, then- satisfied the Scimitar is cowed, closes their eyes, and sighs.

"Interesting, Dark weapons are notoriously single-purposed. This one seems... scared. One of you is more than they seem, but I cannot say who- to bend a Dark weapon to the will of the wielder? This is of a remarkable level, but then again- is not our meeting not remarkable?"

Everyone roll a 20

Stoner Sloth

Everyone roll a 20

(kind of scared to touch the dice roller again lol but here goes nothing... phew 14)

>Tak seems to adjust quickly to his new circumstances, trying out this whole having a mouth rather than a proboscis thing as he attempts to speak to the party - managing after the fifth attempt to spit out "Yeurgh.. yes, I think I need to learn my lesson about picking up strange weapons. This is the second time I've been stung.... though I suppose not without it's benefits. I hope I can find a way to return to normal... the longer life span of an elf is perhaps useful but all I know about them is that they're delicious. Makes me almost feel like I'm prey." - all varieties of thri-kreen, assassin bug or not, finding elf flesh to be one of the tastiest fares.

>Despite the physical transformation, Tak seems otherwise fine - not reacting emotionally or raising his voice despite what for most people would be a Kafkaesque situation albeit in reverse. He also seems quite taken with the new weapon, practicing with the heft of it until it becomes familiar - as if an extension of his own body. He also notes that it seems this curse is stronger than the one from his crossbow of holding, allowing him to wield the new weapon despite it - fortunate indeed since he's running short of hands for once.

>Once the Nu Mou speaks, Tak does shoot a glance over at our friendly neighborhood bartender at the mention of someone here being more than they seem.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

(kind of scared to touch the dice roller again lol but here goes nothing... phew 14)

>Tak seems to adjust quickly to his new circumstances, trying out this whole having a mouth rather than a proboscis thing as he attempts to speak to the party - managing after the fifth attempt to spit out "Yeurgh.. yes, I think I need to learn my lesson about picking up strange weapons. This is the second time I've been stung.... though I suppose not without it's benefits. I hope I can find a way to return to normal... the longer life span of an elf is perhaps useful but all I know about them is that they're delicious. Makes me almost feel like I'm prey." - all varieties of thri-kreen, assassin bug or not, finding elf flesh to be one of the tastiest fares.

>Despite the physical transformation, Tak seems otherwise fine. He also notes that it seems this curse is stronger than the one from his crossbow of holding, allowing him to wield the new weapon despite it - fortunate indeed since he's running short of hands for once.

>Once the Nu Mou speaks, Tak does shoot a glance over at our friendly neighborhood bartender at the mention of someone here being more than they seem.

DM's Note: Ever since Dorg held the crossbow to prepare it to allow for the platters of supplies to fit into the narrow, but usable entry, the crossbow seems to have lost its curse. Fate? Coincidence? Who can say. Still waiting on rolls.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

biosterous

Everyone roll a 20

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 29, 2020

Stoner Sloth

lol :hfive: roll buddies is what i meant to do - look IK is too high to post :ohdear:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

lol :hfive: roll buddies is what i meant to do - look IK is too high to post :ohdear:

Another BYOB success story!

take the moon

by sebmojo

Everyone roll a 20

nut

Inspired by his new capabilities, Buddy soars across the room, flitting out a 20 roll before a 14

Heather Papps

hello friend

heather, suffering body horror mood whiplash, has been vomiting in the corner

biosterous

LLany offers you some water and a small towel, and wonders whether it would be rude to bottle up some of the vomit...

biosterous fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 29, 2020

Heather Papps

hello friend

heather is p good at picking up at body language and indicates towards the steaming pile and, after a gargle and spit in a different direction says "be careful, poison spit and all that. it's usually something i control but i have a feeling i might have uh... yeah anyways... real sorry you have weird skin now tak" and after a glance at buddy mumbles "no offense"

Stoner Sloth

Heather Papps posted:

heather is p good at picking up at body language and indicates towards the steaming pile and, after a gargle and spit in a different direction says "be careful, poison spit and all that. it's usually something i control but i have a feeling i might have uh... yeah anyways... real sorry you have weird skin now tak" and after a glance at buddy mumbles "no offense"

>Tak looks over to Heather Snapps and nods saying "Yeah... thanks... it IS weird and kind of gross. Skin is soft and weak rather than a proper exoskeleton, blood instead of haemolymph, joints all work the wrong way." and here it's worth noting that the assassin's agility and innate skill at movement must be the only thing allowing him to even walk since none of his limbs operate in what to him is the normal direction "I'll just have to find a way to reverse it at some stage. For now though we should keep moving. Llany, want to have a go at gathering some of that poison? Here..."

>So saying Tak hands Llany a poisoner's kit from his assault vest, letting him borrow it to more easily gather the toxins and turn them into something useful. Fortunately the hooded killer is still firmly encased in that heavy coat at least since Tak habitually doesn't wear pants. Small mercies abound.

(Also HP, think ya still need to do a d20 roll?)

Heather Papps

hello friend

Stoner Sloth posted:

(Also HP, think ya still need to do a d20 roll?)

ah yes, i think to myself, the whole reason i wrote a post about puking

e: thanks SS it's been a distracting day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

Heather Papps posted:

ah yes, i think to myself, the whole reason i wrote a post about puking

e: thanks SS it's been a distracting day

we all have those days and no worries HP, what are friends for! :glomp: