Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Latest Trump Tweet:

Demented Cheeto posted:

The National Guard has arrived on the scene. They are in Minneapolis and fully prepared. George Floyd will not have died in vain. Respect his memory!!!

He is also whining about how Twitter never spoke out or complained about Obama's "You can keep your doctor" statement which was, of course, never on Twitter.

It is also infrastructure week but that is being drowned out by Trump thinking his getting the equivalent of a 6er probation is one of the gravest threats to free speech in American history (not hyperbole, that is how he described it) and of course Minneapolis being on fire and Trump pretending he is sending in the National Guard to make sure George Floyd did not die in vain. Of course he did no such thing because he has no authority to do so.

Wait, I thought the virus thing was over:

Ranting Lunatic posted:

All over the World the CoronaVirus, a very bad “gift” from China, marches on. Not good!

So you are saying a pandemic is bad? Thank you for clarifying.

quote:

We have just reached a very sad milestone with the coronavirus pandemic deaths reaching 100,000. To all of the families & friends of those who have passed, I want to extend my heartfelt sympathy & love for everything that these great people stood for & represent. God be with you!

You can tell that one was ghostwritten. Trump is more focused on the reported billion dollar loss his personal empire took from the shutdown (every cloud has a silver lining) and wanting to yell at everyone to get back to work before he slips lower on the Forbes billionaire list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

thanks 4 the detailed breakdown of the dumbest man alive tweeting

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Trump Presser:

"China has 100% control over the World Health Organization."

Trump shutting down our relationship with the WHO. China is to blame for virus spreading.

Keeping out Chinese nationals suspected of being involved in industrial espionage.

Complaints about Hong Kong's security, mostly rational. Announcing termination of Hong Kong's special status "with few exceptions".

Meaningless sanctions of PRC officials involved in taking over Hong Kong.

No questions. Smart move. Doubtful he understood enough of what he was reading to be able to understand them.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xenocides posted:

Trump Presser:

Trump shutting down our relationship with the WHO. China is to blame for virus spreading.

Keeping out Chinese nationals suspected of being involved in industrial espionage.

Complaints about Hong Kong's security, mostly rational. Announcing termination of Hong Kong's special status "with few exceptions".

No questions. Smart move. Doubtful he understood enough of what he was reading to be able to understand them.

It might not be healthy to keep covering current events like this. I can definitely see it contributing to burnout really quickly.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Like I agree that the WHO did bend the knee in front of china but to say that they 100% china's owned is just funny in a dark way. They have to play politic it's in the nature of such organization? What's better: have china play ball with you and get some information on the virus or get it a few week later when it's out of control everywhere else?

Trump is a child that's what I am saying.

A little child.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

There Bias Two posted:

It might not be healthy to keep covering current events like this. I can definitely see it contributing to burnout really quickly.

I am monitoring my mental health. I have ADHD of the inattentive variety so this kind of novelty and crazy actually helps me focus and feel more alive if not done excessively. It is still depressing and I would prefer happy novel events but you take what you can get. Thanks for the concern though. :glomp:

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Bleusilences posted:

Like I agree that the WHO did bend the knee in front of china but to say that they 100% china's owned is just funny in a dark way. They have to play politic it's in the nature of such organization? What's better: have china play ball with you and get some information on the virus or get it a few week later when it's out of control everywhere else?

Trump is a child that's what I am saying.

A little child.

True, but there is an aspect that is darker then that. When he points out that the WHO is loyal to China he almost always does it in the context of talking about how much more the US pays of their budget. He is not annoyed at the perfidy. He just believes that all that "loyalty" is owed to him as he paid the biggest bribe.

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

Xenocides posted:

Trump Presser:

Sounds good to me

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

Bleusilences posted:

But the information was all poo poo and they spread it

They were going around reassuring people the virus has never spread person to person even though Taiwan and others had reported person to person spread weeks before

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

give me a source for that last part

science doesn't have all the answers immediately. asymptomatic spreading supports the initial claims it did not spread.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

420 20 posted:

But the information was all poo poo and they spread it

They were going around reassuring people the virus has never spread person to person even though Taiwan and others had reported person to person spread weeks before

1. the way to improve this is not to walk away
2. the WHO is needed now regardless

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

science doesn't have all the answers immediately. asymptomatic spreading supports the initial claims it did not spread.

There's no source, it's just one of those things that people keep repeating to each other until they believe it

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

oh a xenophobic rereg great

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

https://time.com/5826025/taiwan-who-trump-coronavirus-covid19/

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

This is the email in its entirety:

News sources today indicate at least seven atypical pneumonia cases were reported in Wuhan, China. Their health authorities replied to the media that the cases were believed not SARS; however the sample are still under examination, and cases have been isolated for treatment.

I would greatly appreciate if you have relevant information to share with us

Thank you for very much in advance for your attention on this matter

https://twitter.com/MOHW_Taiwan/status/1248915057188024320/photo/1

This is Taiwan warning WHO?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Taiwan really is #1

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 23, 2021

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
sincx #1?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I think ghost leviathan might be onto something here. Maybe it's just bad fish cakes.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Wicker Man posted:

I'm hoping they already have measures in place to help mitigate potential future infections, but it's frustrating to think that countries like New Zealand who get infection down low enough will always need to be very vigilant for basically anyone coming to or back to their country from now on.

Bring back ocean liners.

By the time they get to New Zealand, either they’re plague hulks, or they are demonstrably free of infection.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Pander posted:

I think ghost leviathan might be onto something here. Maybe it's just bad fish cakes.

And is there a way we can do something to like remove that, by suction inside or almost a cleaning, because you see fishcake gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the fishcake suction, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Xaintrailles posted:

And is there a way we can do something to like remove that, by suction inside or almost a cleaning, because you see fishcake gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the fishcake suction, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful.

An injection of UV light would clear that right up.....

....and possibly cause cancer.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Should I be taking insulin?

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Should I be taking insulin?

if you're diabetic no, otherwise yes.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I know that, just paraphrasing cheeto in chief

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1265381532497256451?s=19

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The most obvious thing in the world happened

https://twitter.com/richardhine/sta...r%3D878%23pti31

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

What's the coughing version of this? :yeshaha:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

100% of workers at a farm in TN test positive after one worker falls ill. 200+ workers and less than a dozen are not working, the remainder are out in the fields picking produce while infected with COVID-19. Dormitory style living quarters.

But yeah I'm sure it'll be fine to open up college campus housing in a couple of months.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

13Pandora13 posted:

100% of workers at a farm in TN test positive after one worker falls ill. 200+ workers and less than a dozen are not working, the remainder are out in the fields picking produce while infected with COVID-19. Dormitory style living quarters.

But yeah I'm sure it'll be fine to open up college campus housing in a couple of months.

:stonklol:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I was just wondering when the first infected from this whole thing would start to come out.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
With all the protests erupting, we're really just at the tip of the iceberg.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Gologle posted:

With all the protests erupting, we're really just at the tip of the iceberg.

it was like page 200 of the corona thread someone said by the time this was all over we would forget it started with a virus.

edit: what thread am I in

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

it was like page 200 of the corona thread someone said by the time this was all over we would forget it started with a virus.

edit: what thread am I in

That kind of insight is kind of scary.

Like remember that the year started in a scare about ww3 with iran.

Then there was the massive fire in Australia?

quick edit: Let's not forget that the U.S. is still in an election year.

edit 2: And there is the locusts in north Africa/West Asia.

I think it will be call the years of the 12 plagues or somesuch. Lets brainstorm a name for this year better then the worst year ever! (A podcast that I listen to took it already)

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 30, 2020

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1266335781775380480?s=21

naem
May 29, 2011

WORST.TIMELINE.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I contend that life is always more interesting with monkeys. Like you think you’re just going to work one day but then bam! A monkey steals your phone, pantses you and breaks up with your girlfriend. Just because.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

How in the name of gently caress do you folks deal with the forums without a dark reader or equivalent, I'm loving blind

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Xenocides posted:

My own proud state of Texas has decided to murder us all by reopening outdoor sporting events at 25% capacity. This happens now when we are setting records for single day case and death increases. Everything is bigger in Texas. Hopefully that includes the crematoriums. Dallas, which seemed to get a reprieve in the middle of the week, is back to getting 200+ new cases a day.

havent Merican crematoriums changed over the years to deal with having deal with large amounts of human fat that mericans have?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
jfc mf'rs, white blinding background is a choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I mean, its not like a Covid-19 sample is that rare, we've got over a million people with them in the US alone