Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Ctrl and alt click shortcuts to replace your drag and drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

rap music posted:

I have a buddy that still clicks “BACK” out of inventories, as well as drag and drop

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

rap music posted:

Even though I know this and have known it for a while now I still do it :negative:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i like to run around and loot stuff from boxes or scavs or players and hopefully survive is that ok?

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

rap music posted:

i like to run around and loot stuff from boxes or scavs or players and hopefully survive is that ok?

No ur doing it wrong

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

rap music posted:

This is NOT how to play Tarkov

Now listen to my reddit song about nikita’s Beautiful Tarkov Vision

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017

ChesterJT posted:

Tell Nikita then. They created an entire secure container system so they obviously wanted it in the game. Go cry to him or stop playing.

Well go tell Nikita that you want hatchet runners back. Nikita is on record saying that they never intended to have hatchet runners, which is why they changed it this patch.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Oysters Autobio posted:

Well go tell Nikita that you want hatchet runners back. Nikita is on record saying that they never intended to have hatchet runners, which is why they changed it this patch.

he's also on record saying hatchet runners are a legitimate part of the game

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

ChesterJT posted:

We don't all hack and glitch so more often than not us common folk get killed in raids even with a load of guns and armor.

Tell Nikita then. They created an entire secure container system so they obviously wanted it in the game. Go cry to him or stop playing.

I had a sub 30% survival rate and was able to afford meta poo poo every raid last wipe. It's really really not hard to make money.

Also all you pro hatchet runner idiots keep arguing about them taking loot, but it's not about that. There are only 3 legitimate threats in this game: players, raiders, and scav bosses. Hatchet runners removed at minimum 1/3 of the threats in the game but on maps like interchange they removed 85% of all danger from the map. It literally cheats everyone else's experience.

Also, I can count on one hand the number of hatchet runners I killed under level 40. I have killed hundreds of them and it was always high level players.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I prefer the PvE aspect of the game so I welcome hatchet runners on every map when I'm a PMC.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you arent owed other people playing how you want them to play lol

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You could make thirty million roubles with a 0% survival rate last wipe just by playing the flea market. Can't fuckin' do that anymore so saying it doesn't mean poo poo.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

twig1919 posted:

There are only 3 legitimate threats in this game: players, raiders, and scav bosses. Hatchet runners removed at minimum 1/3 of the threats in the game but on maps like interchange they removed 85% of all danger from the map.

Are you seriously arguing that every player in every match you play is a hatchet runner except for yourself? lol

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

i vomit kittens posted:

Are you seriously arguing that every player in every match you play is a hatchet runner except for yourself? lol

You realize that most maps only have 8-12 players in them? 2-3 hatchet runners are lovely if your solo. That drastically reduces the chance of natural pvp because now there aren't enough players to bump into each other. Now play in a group and all of a suddenly your literally the only players on the map.

Stux posted:

you arent owed other people playing how you want them to play lol

Your obsessed with what people are and aren't "owed", aren't you?

Guess what the devs have spoken and have relegated hatchet running to the bin along with numerous other glitches.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
hatchet runners are dumb but dude its not the end of the world

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

twig1919 posted:

You realize that most maps only have 8-12 players in them? 2-3 hatchet runners are lovely if your solo. That drastically reduces the chance of natural pvp because now there aren't enough players to bump into each other. Now play in a group and all of a suddenly your literally the only players on the map.

Your obsessed with what people are and aren't "owed", aren't you?

Guess what the devs have spoken and have relegated hatchet running to the bin along with numerous other glitches.

people are still going to hachet run because spending 10 minutes to get a ledx out is still worth the 0 investment of a hachet, and even if you die most of the good items still vendor for enough to make it worthwhile. those who it really isnt worth it for anymore will probably just RMT some roubles or something and the far better "solution" to this non-issue is to just spawn in the scavs near the hot loot areas at round start because it doesnt have the same knock on as this.

its probably the first time ive said the word owed but ok. probably shouldnt get so heated over other people not playing the way you want.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

nm just read the custom title lmao

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Inspector_666 posted:

I prefer the PvE aspect of the game so I welcome hatchet runners on every map when I'm a PMC.

This, whenever I encounter another PMC it's usually a death sentence for me.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
if you think it's good people go into a raid just to shove things up their rear end, and as soon as they get it they quit the raid you're insane, plain and simple. not only is it trash bad gameplay, but you also remove reward inside maps because a naked player

1) far likely to make it to high value loot locations because they care not if they die along the way, and

2) run faster since they're carrying no gear and armor

so as a normal tacticool player who takes time to clear corners (ie playing the game as intended) by the time you get to a location, even if you're the closest spawn, it could very well be totally looted so now you have to just camp and hope other players come by or take the walk of shame back to the extract and hope you don't waste another 25 minutes next game because some crazy naked guy can kegel 45 lbs

I think we can all agree that hatchet running is very dumb and bad, i've yet to see an actual point of view as to why it's good.

(also, make scav cooldown 8/6/5/4 minutes that starts on scav entering raid, thanks)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theyre still going to do it though, it just means youll kill them running off to an extraction and still get nothing and they just vendor whatever it was. its not a solution to anything and it effects other things. again, if you absolutely must stop the evil hachet runners, throw in scavs at server boot. they cant get to the loot anymore and it has 0 effect on anyone not specifically rushing tech spawns immediately with a hachet.

i couldnt care less about hachet running and i dont think its dumb or bad if thats how some people want to play, its the same as extract camping or whatever else people want to do. the stuff thats bad is glitching stats, lagswitching and hacking.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Remove scav cool down, secure container, and find in raid quests god bless

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Stux posted:

theyre still going to do it though,

I hardly see hatchet runners any more, instead of 50% of reserve/interchange being hatchet runners I'd say it's easily less than half that now, and it's super early in the wipe. It was a good change that did what it intended to do as far as I can tell (with over 100 raids in). Nerfing techlings (GPUs are 40k now instead of 250-400k) is a good thing.

causticBeet posted:

Remove scav cool down, secure container, and find in raid quests god bless

scavving is the most fun i have in the game right now, making the best of what you got instead of feeling the need to make your investment get returns changes my play style.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
Playing with a friend new to the game all weekend and scavving was the most fun we had as well. They were a great way for him to shake off a bad PMC run.

He frequently got down to almost no money and gear, but being able to afford standard runs was always a nighttime scav or pistol raid away. I feel like you have to be pretty bad and know nothing about this game to be “forced” into hatchet running because you’re broke. We are nowhere near “good” at this game, but we still manage to progress and have fun.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

I hardly see hatchet runners any more, instead of 50% of reserve/interchange being hatchet runners I'd say it's easily less than half that now, and it's super early in the wipe. It was a good change that did what it intended to do as far as I can tell (with over 100 raids in). Nerfing techlings (GPUs are 40k now instead of 250-400k) is a good thing.

scavving is the most fun i have in the game right now, making the best of what you got instead of feeling the need to make your investment get returns changes my play style.

if your intent is to stop them you can do it in a much more effective way that doesnt mess with other stuff. but theres no point really anyway because it wasnt an issue, the bigger issue is hacking and glitching and i would much rather that get fixed and people doing it catch bans than worry about people hatchet running.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

InevitableCheese posted:

Playing with a friend new to the game all weekend and scavving was the most fun we had as well.

had a game recently where it seemed like there was 20 pscavs on factory, there were at least 4 of at one time in one place and i was pretty sure there was overall more than that.

by the end of it some chad in an altyn and other good stuff mowed most of us down, it was only me and one other random scav left and we split the loot and extracted together

Stux posted:

if your intent is to stop them you can do it in a much more effective way that doesnt mess with other stuff. but theres no point really anyway because it wasnt an issue, the bigger issue is hacking and glitching and i would much rather that get fixed and people doing it catch bans than worry about people hatchet running.

sure post the idea, but limiting flea to FIR and those other changes are super easy to do and implement, plus it fucks over all the flea market bots too.

likewise, there can be multiple teams working on other issues, just because resources would be better devoted to something else doesn't mean a change is bad.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i already posted it, you just spawn in the scavs at round start that are around the hot loot locations instead of them coming in later. you dont need to do anything else and it would kill it completely, it wouldnt even be worth attempting anymore.

but its again not an issue, i dont care if other people want to play the game differently than me as long as they arent cheating.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

idk if you can't see that naked people investing nothing teleporting all the high value loot out of the map and being highly rewarded is an issue, it's probably not worth discussing it with you

likewise, posting npcs at locations would help, but i think these changes work really well to solve multiple issues, hatchetlings and market bots/market friends :)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dont really think people playing the market was an issue if thats what people like to do. listening to vocal minorities to cut playstyles out in favor of some "correct" form never really ends well in games, its better to have a variation in playstyles if thats what the game naturally lends itself to without putting in special limitations to please people who can never fundamentally be happy.

again, a much bigger issue is people who glitch stats, lagswitch or cheat or hack in other ways, and nerfing peoples ability to make money will just increase RMT which will itself lead to more hackers long term.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

idk i'm glad they significantly reduced the hatchet running problem, games' been healthier and it's clear nikita doesn't like the AH boys, so the change looks like a really effective 2for1

idk if you can't see that naked people investing nothing teleporting all the high value loot out of the map and being highly rewarded is an issue, it's probably not worth discussing it with you

Orv
May 4, 2011
Stop engaging the brain damaged EVE guy even the dumb EVE goons hated.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

idk i'm glad they significantly reduced the hatchet running problem, games' been healthier and it's clear nikita doesn't like the AH boys, so the change looks like a really effective 2for1

feel free to actually have the discussion at hand instead of deflecting after showing your stupidity of the concept being discussed

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Stux and 1001 Arabian Dicks make this thread loving inreadable. Jesus christ.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

this guy just said "inreadable" lmao

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Anyone having loading time issues after the wipe? I've just started playing today, got into 3 scav runs OK but on 2 PMC runs quit out after 8 minutes of matching on Customs. I'm in EU and pre-wipe never usually waited more than about 3 mins.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
fuckin word wrong, what a dumbass

I'm consistently surprised by how many people play this game in groups

Lemon posted:

Anyone having loading time issues after the wipe? I've just started playing today, got into 3 scav runs OK but on 2 PMC runs quit out after 8 minutes of matching on Customs. I'm in EU and pre-wipe never usually waited more than about 3 mins.
in your launcher options try enabling all servers that have less than 100 ping

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011

Lemon posted:

Turn off auto matching and try servers on a different region.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Stux posted:

feel free to actually have the discussion at hand instead of deflecting after showing your stupidity of the concept being discussed

bro just admit when you're wrong

it's factual that this will (and has) deterred hatchet runners, which even you can't say it's a non issue. likewise, hatchet running is definitely a problem with a game regardless if there are even bigger problems in the game, as you have stated 3+ times. also it's clear that nikita doesn't like market bots and market manipulators that totally controlled the economy and facilitated super easy RMT, so them implenting this change was a no brainer from their stand point, on top of bringing back the importance of traders and the hideout (both of which were useless after the flea market was introduced for the average player).

The only thing I would change is to make backpacks, rigs, armor, headsets, and ammo also exempt from the FIR rule on the flea market, and it's set.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ive said its a non-issue and it is a non-issue.

both changes will only amplify RMT which relies on putting hackers in lobbies to make money to sell.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

let's not pretend market bots weren't the biggest contributors to rmt, lmao

just look at unknowncheats or mpgh, they both show that a market bot could clear up to $300 USD a day in roubles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Folks, steam audio is good. The stutter is way down too! I'm happy to see one of my favorite games become so competent and polished in this patch.