Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Doesn’t Thomas lay claim to that one?

Senior Justice Rapist and Junior Justice Rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

It’s like Associate Justice, you can have multiples with the same title.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Defenestrategy posted:

making me believe there was something to Nixon getting elected because a bunch of scarred white people just wanted the violence to stop and everything going back to a "polite" society.

it's true. Read Nixonland to get an idea of where today's political landscape came from

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Not in a legal or dictionary sense.

quote:

According to Hill, Thomas asked her out socially many times during her two years of employment as his assistant, and, after she declined his requests, he used work situations to discuss sexual subjects. "He spoke about ... such matters as women having sex with animals and films showing group sex or rape scenes," she said, adding that on several occasions Thomas graphically described "his own sexual prowess" and the details of his anatomy. Hill also recounted an instance in which Thomas examined a can of Coke on his desk and asked, "Who has put pubic hair on my Coke?"

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Justice Sexpest and Justice Sexmonster.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Perhaps a digestief for the thread.

https://twitter.com/IntelCrab/status/1266779093703569408

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The MN Gov is saying he has :nsa: support to 'find these operators'

Isn't that poo poo fully illegal?

https://twitter.com/AWSUser/status/1266745430097817600?s=20

edit : oh, he is claiming 'foreign actors' are doing the damage? :lol:

ded fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 30, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

it's true. Read Nixonland to get an idea of where today's political landscape came from

Before the Storm and The Invisible Bridge are worth checking out too but yeah, Nixonland is the one to read if you only read one.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Spacex soon. Wishing them well. Refusing to watch cuz I dont want to see if it goes badly because its 2020. Stay safe space mans.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

ded posted:

Well, can you prove that radical Canadian activists aren’t attempting to infiltrate or undermine the US? No? You can’t? Okay then, deploy Task Force Orange and warrantless surveillance, then.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

ded posted:

I didn't realize the MN NG had sigint or cyber units

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Stravag posted:

Spacex soon. Wishing them well. Refusing to watch cuz I dont want to see if it goes badly because its 2020. Stay safe space mans.

Clean launch, and the 1st stage came back. Although the livestream cut out right as it was landing, so :tinfoil:

Always feels good to see a successful space launch.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Imagine being the fat white cop who got his bike thrown by a woman with twig arms

https://twitter.com/ava/status/1266797973834395648?s=19

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Brute Squad posted:

Clean launch, and the 1st stage came back. Although the livestream cut out right as it was landing, so :tinfoil:

Always feels good to see a successful space launch.

Yeah I didn't realize it was happening until my mom said we should watch it two minutes before they launched so it was pretty nerve wracking. Looks like it went great though!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Yet another white person stealing the spotlight of a black person.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

my kinda ape posted:

Yeah I didn't realize it was happening until my mom said we should watch it two minutes before they launched so it was pretty nerve wracking. Looks like it went great though!

Aspire to be like Musk, Bezos or Sir Richard Branson.

No, don't dream to be a scientist or an astronaut, dream to become a Tycoon, an arch capitalist.

Great achievement though.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/zayer_dounya/status/1266553959973445639?s=19

Re: the video from yesterday, she's in the hospital for head trauma and had a seizure and constant vomiting

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

We have now expanded America's manned spaceflight options to

1) Pay Russia
2) Pay Elon
3) Wait for Bezos to catch up so we can pay him

Truly we are a global superpower

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Internet Wizard posted:

We have now expanded America's manned spaceflight options to

1) Pay Russia
2) Pay Elon
3) Wait for Bezos to catch up so we can pay him

Truly we are a global superpower

Previously we paid Boeing and Lockheed just like we do for our entire defense capability so :shrug:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

broke: america is a third world country

woke: being "in third world" refers not to being at a certain level of development, but to being within the spheres of influence of both of the two global superpowers

bespoke: america is a third world country

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 30, 2020

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Doc Hawkins posted:

broke: america is a third world country

woke: "third world" refers to countries within the spheres of influence of the two global superpowers

bespoke: america is a third world country

Third world referred to countries outside the spheres of influence of the two global superpowers. First world was US and its sphere, second world was USSR and its sphere. Third world was outside the sphere/nonaligned in which the two other spheres competed for resource exploitation.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Third world referred to countries outside the spheres of influence of the two global superpowers. First world was US and its sphere, second world was USSR and its sphere. Third world was outside the sphere/nonaligned in which the two other spheres competed for resource exploitation.

i'd say a country is the first or second world if they are not in the sphere of influence of the "other" superpower. for example, the second world was the countries that the US could not...influence. blockade, invade, trade with, support one presidential candidate over another. does "sphere of influence" have some more precise definition i'm not aware of?

e: maybe my wording was dumb in multiple ways; i have added the word "both" to my post.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Doc Hawkins posted:

i'd say a country is the first or second world if they are not in the sphere of influence of the "other" superpower. for example, the second world was the countries that the US could not...influence. blockade, invade, trade with, support one presidential candidate over another. does "sphere of influence" have some more precise definition i'm not aware of?

e: maybe my wording was dumb in multiple ways; i have added the word "both" to my post.

1st world, NATO plus Australia, Japan and SK
2nd World, Warsaw Pact

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Eej posted:

https://twitter.com/zayer_dounya/status/1266553959973445639?s=19

Re: the video from yesterday, she's in the hospital for head trauma and had a seizure and constant vomiting

Ugh, you can see how hard she hits the ground, people die from cracking the backs of their heads like that. Hope they id that scum cop.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Trump is abandoning/actively sabotaging America's status as a superpower. Which, again, is something that should've been happening *gradually* since the end of the (first) Cold War - not at the alarmingly fast rate and as haphazardly as it's happening now.

"Pax Americana" has been little more than an impediment to any meaningful progress toward a greater unifying of nations. The EU had a shot, but their reliance/need for NATO to bolster their defense always ensured that they were never going to be fully self-sufficient. The petrodollar system ensured the global addiction to oil was never going to end before damage to the our place in the ecosystem was inevitable and irreversible. And that's just *two* ways that America remaining the sole superpower has hosed up societal progress.

The US is on track to become another Russia if poo poo keeps going as it is. Russia's not a superpower anymore, they're a gangster junta with nukes, and their biggest success story is that they managed to bring down the US with social media trolling.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 30, 2020

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Ugh, you can see how hard she hits the ground, people die from cracking the backs of their heads like that. Hope they id that scum cop.

They already have. Do you believe anything meaningful will occur?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Trump is abandoning/actively sabotaging America's status as a superpower. Which, again, is something that should've been happening *gradually* since the end of the (first) Cold War - not at the alarmingly fast rate and as haphazardly as it's happening now.

"Pax Americana" has been little more than an impediment to any meaningful progress toward a greater unifying of nations. The EU had a shot, but their reliance/need for NATO to bolster their defense always ensured that they were never going to be fully self-sufficient. The petrodollar system ensured the global addiction to oil was never going to end before damage to the our place in the ecosystem was inevitable and irreversible. And that's just *two* ways that America remaining the sole superpower has hosed up societal progress.

The US is on track to become another Russia if poo poo keeps going as it is. Russia's not a superpower anymore, they're a gangster junta with nukes, and their biggest success story is that they managed to bring down the US with social media trolling.

Upper Dnieper with rockets

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Proud Christian Mom posted:

They already have. Do you believe anything meaningful will occur?

I mean no, but, yknow... It'd be nice :unsmith:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I'm sure all those good cops we keep hearing about will not stand by idly!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ah, American police givin' people the ol' Palestinian treatment

https://twitter.com/KillerMartinis/status/1266786725185142784

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

maffew buildings posted:

I'm sure all those good cops we keep hearing about will not stand by idly!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Eej posted:

Reason #5738 we'll never have universal healthcare

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
https://twitter.com/j_m_athernought/status/1266840807517982721?s=21

Pictured: Chicago cops learning nothing.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Shocking twist update on the "everyone we're arresting is outside agitators" bit:

https://twitter.com/ajinvestigates/status/1266822263489339393?s=21

Whole lot of liberals who think they hate fake news were uncritically retweeting the government lies earlier.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Eej posted:

This person is a reporter who was covering the protests. The police are continuing to target journalists for intimidation and harassment.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Atlanta PD chief says there where outside agitators rioting last night. Alluded to the same thing happening in 2016.

What the gently caress.

edit: I don't have a direct quote. It's happening during a press conference right now that I'm barely listening to that my mom is watching.

edit 2: found it on a random twitter dude

quote:

“Highly calculated terrorist organization...These were not Atlantans”

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 30, 2020

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/miranda_...own-columbia%2F

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Following Trump’s “MAGA night at the White House” tweet, Chuck Tingle, our poet laureate for less lovely times, went ahead and made this site

https://www.maganightatthewhitehouse.com/

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

Atlanta PD chief says there where outside agitators rioting last night. Alluded to the same thing happening in 2016.

What the gently caress.

edit: I don't have a direct quote. It's happening during a press conference right now that I'm barely listening to that my mom is watching.

edit 2: found it on a random twitter dude

It's complete bullshit, literally a tactic to keep protesters divided along racial lines.

wtf does "outside" even mean here. We're all Americans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

from her feed :lol:

https://twitter.com/miranda_parnell/status/1266818924466900992?s=20