Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
so have the health officials of Florida offered any explanation for the gigantic loving extremely deadly pneumonia epidemic currently ripping through their state?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

so have the health officials of Florida offered any explanation for the gigantic loving extremely deadly pneumonia epidemic currently ripping through their state?

"lol," they explained, "lmao"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/virtualruin/status/1266809774315896835?s=21

loving lmaooooooo same poo poo different day

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

legos are loving expensive, dude

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Steve Yun posted:

legos are loving expensive, dude

I loaded up the star wars Lego page , recoiled twice at the first couple items and had to look away. How do people afford this jesus Christ

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mastershakeman posted:

I loaded up the star wars Lego page , recoiled twice at the first couple items and had to look away. How do people afford this jesus Christ
they really don't.

"big ticket christmas item for da kids" purchased on credit. or shrinking (petit) bougie suburb class mostly.

there's other cheaper sets out there though that they sell more of. they run the gamut of relatively cheaper $25 kits to expensive star wars branded $300 kits.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Xaris posted:

they really don't.

"big ticket christmas item for da kids" purchased on credit. or shrinking (petit) bougie suburb class mostly.

there's other cheaper sets out there though that they sell more of. they run the gamut of relatively cheaper $25 kits to expensive star wars branded $300 kits.

legos also operate on the whale business model where like a few thousand individuals purchase like every set a bunch of times

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

The original tweet was comparing pneumonia average underlying deaths (918) to this year's multiple causes deaths (which averages 3-4k for the same time period). This year's multiple causes number also includes the 1k~ from covid.

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Civilized Fishbot posted:

lmaooo

but for real, at what point does it become morally decent to invite Grindr honeys to my pad again? Is it indeterminate? When the vaccine gets developed and distributed?

Weren't you paying attention? Don't invite them in at all. Invite them to your sunny backyard.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

clockwork chaos posted:

Lmao at that expected line

the Trump Bump

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Sunny Side Up posted:

I know this, but I feel like Cassandra. It’s tearing my brain apart and will hurt all my relationships if I can’t navigate this well. My wife and I both recognize reality vs perception.

I would suggest sending this link, or maybe even copy-paste it into the body of the message.

quote:

Dozens of people who attended a wedding earlier this month at a retreat in Stanwell Tops, Australia, have tested positive for the coronavirus, health officials said.

During a news conference on Monday to provide an update on the pandemic in the country, New South Wales Chief Health Officer Dr. Kerry Chant said six guests from the March 6 wedding at Tumbling Waters Retreat were infected with the virus.

By Friday, that number had climbed to 31, the health department told Sky News Australia.

Send it, say "Like thousands of other couples, we have postponed the wedding for the sake of the health of our friends and family. We are not going to argue about this. Too many people have gotten sick and died because they went to parties and family celebrations; we don't want you to be on that list."

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Ben Nerevarine posted:

the Trump Bump

The trump bump is an entirely different type of line

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ben Nerevarine posted:

the Trump Bump

:shroom:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

this is the dumbest thing that's ever happened

all of this

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Hodgepodge posted:

this is an extremely finnish version of persona that involves drinking reindeer piss isn't it

The actual joke is troublemakers getting hella murdered.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
when's covid-20, covid-19 kinda petered out

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

uncurable mlady posted:

when's covid-20, covid-19 kinda petered out

has it? we've had two straight days of 20k+ cases in America and the reopening / the mass protests are going to kick it into overdrive

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

has it? we've had two straight days of 20k+ cases in America and the reopening / the mass protests are going to kick it into overdrive

Covid needs a better agent. it's putting in all this hard work and getting absolutely no PR on it.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

SKULL.GIF posted:

actually i think you'll find that we've beat the invisible enemy, time to open er up

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

more like it just doesn't matter anymore. people are tired of it, people believe it's gone, people believe it's a hoax, people are going hungry and cant pay rent, many think they'll be fine. and at this point all we see on the media is all these big clusters of people out and about 'having fun' (berating the help) and then go well it cant be a thing anymore, it has to be over

opening up isn't going to solve anything tho and people are still going to be unemployed after the first month stint shows demand n profits down and they work to lay people off left and right.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Dayna Nguyen, waiting to enter the patio at Potter’s Place in downtown Naperville with her husband, two daughters and parents, was anxious to get out Saturday. She and her family had recently returned from a weeklong vacation in Florida, where stores and beaches opened earlier than they did in Illinois.

“I am a grown adult with all the information,” she said. “I fully understand. ... I will take my chances.”

She said she respects individuals’ choices about how to respond to the virus, but her family runs a small business and she was anxious to get the economy moving again. Her family followed quarantine guidelines through March and April, she said. But then came May. “

You broke us, come May,” she said. She kept her distance as she asked a hostess at Potter’s Place for a table on the crowded patio.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Rhetoric-o-Tron posted:

i refuse to believe any location is named Durdle Door

friendship ended with cellar door

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
When you are loving ecstatic that racial injustice and police brutality riots have blown up all over the country because it wipes your criminal nonhandling of a pandemic completely from the media discourse.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/05/27/face-coverings-mandatory-orange-county-sheriff-don-barnes-not-the-mask-police/

Good news, Orange County, the rich people CHUD county next to LA County, has finally mandated masks this week!

Bad news, the sheriff says he's not going to enforce it!

Worse news, the OC health officer has gotten a death threat and her address made public over it:
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/05/29/orange-county-health-officer-threatened-over-mask-order/

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asproigerosis posted:

When you are loving ecstatic that racial injustice and police brutality riots have blown up all over the country because it wipes your criminal nonhandling of a pandemic completely from the media discourse.

And now when the number of cases explodes in about two weeks, it won't be his fault! Great job everyone!

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

The bernie bros are playing right into Cheeto Drumpf's abnormally tiny hands again.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Taintrunner posted:

And now when the number of cases explodes in about two weeks, it won't be his fault! Great job everyone!

Bonus points that he gets to genuinely blame the governors and mayors for loving up the responses because it is actually their responsibility (unlike pandemics).

Trump by 1488 states, gonna make his acceptance speech on the maralago golf course.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Maya Fey posted:

The bernie bros are playing right into Cheeto Drumpf's abnormally tiny hands again.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asproigerosis posted:

Bonus points that he gets to genuinely blame the governors and mayors for loving up the responses because it is actually their responsibility (unlike pandemics).

Trump by 1488 states, gonna make his acceptance speech on the maralago golf course.

Yeah it's actually funny what a uniquely piece of poo poo Biden is as the supposed solution to the two massive shitshows we're stuck in right now between the pandemic and the rioting, they might as well have had the DNC nominate Trump

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I don't think Biden ran thinking he'd be taking over a decimated economy, racial justice riots, a pandemic and whatever else comes before Nov.

What establishment person wants to take charge of that who isn't a fascist

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Antonymous posted:

I don't think Biden ran thinking

Fixed the rest of that for you.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

What was this

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

They sold a tshirt that said "save megans job" instead of just paying her

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

mastershakeman posted:

Fun fact: Lego Star Wars sets gain value so fast that an unopened, mint condition set beats the market average over the last 20 years.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

Fun fact: Lego Star Wars sets gain value so fast that an unopened, mint condition set beats the market average over the last 20 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_FieJToFKc

netBuff
Nov 7, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

You can get the same sets for cheaper from Lepin. Aliexpress is your friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Half expected the White House to have burned down last night. Bit :sad: waking up to find out it hasn't yet.