Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Cite your sources

Let's consider the possibilities:

a) All these politicians managed to avoid getting it despite travelling and interacting with many different people

b) the politicians DID get it but have a secret treatment available to them, unknown to anyone else

c) the politicians did get it and managed to be fine because they are in good health generally

"c" seems most likely to me personally

The Vitamin D deficiency theory seems plausible, and lol enough that millions of us are going to die because we didn't invest $10 in a Nature's Bounty bottle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Cite your sources

a) All these politicians managed to avoid getting it despite travelling and interacting with many different people

b) the politicians DID get it but have a secret treatment available to them, unknown to anyone else

c) the politicians did get it and managed to be fine because they are in good health generally

:hmmno:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

fosborb posted:

prolonged indoor exposure is where the real danger is, so you should be fine

BAM!

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

fosborb posted:

prolonged indoor exposure is where the real danger is, so you should be fine

lmaooo

but for real, at what point does it become morally decent to invite Grindr honeys to my pad again? Is it indeterminate? When the vaccine gets developed and distributed?

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Wamsutta posted:

america has 100% forgotten about covid19 now, we off that

yeah close the thread

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Cite your sources

I mean most people who get this are okay, a sizable minority which sums up to a buttload of people are not.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Sunny Side Up posted:

This—-it’s just colossal pressure from family. We had a baby 3/8 that no one has seen, there’s a family wedding late June, and both our families are redneck right wing idiots. Until it affects them personally and unambiguously they won’t understand. My wife’s mom, mom’s parents (in their 70s), and aunt+uncle are flying down to FL next weekend to go to Clearwater Beach. WHY?!?! I want to scream.

To answer the previous poster, no, none of that data matters to these people and it‘s a lot of pressure on us when everyone in your personal and professional life (except my close friends) are treating you like you’re a stupid child for not wanting a stroke or a few weeks in the ICU or your 11-week-old to suffer respiratory failure.

think of it this way: odds are this will be the last time you deal with their pressure.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Mr. Pizza posted:

yeah close the thread
No, just ban Americans from posting in it. This can be the thread for all the other countries who do not have such a smart president.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Throatwarbler posted:

So does tear gas protect against covid like nicotine does

what's the latest on the nicotine study?

I've been stupid busy with work so I haven't followed

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Cite your sources

They've been getting tested, at least occasionally. If a bunch of Republicans were positive, they'd be screaming from the rooftops about how it's fine and they're fine and just open er up.

Most likely answer is that they haven't caught it because a lot of them are scared and avoiding the highest risk situations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Paradoxish posted:

They've been getting tested, at least occasionally. If a bunch of Republicans were positive, they'd be screaming from the rooftops about how it's fine and they're fine and just open er up.

Most likely answer is that they haven't caught it because a lot of them are scared and avoiding the highest risk situations.
If you're full of hot air, the virus can't get in!

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

eighty-four merc posted:

what's the latest on the nicotine study?

I've been stupid busy with work so I haven't followed

I think the earliest studies that started were BCG, and there's 3-month ones that will be done by the end of June with preliminary data released soon after (twoday correct me if I'm wrong)

Nicotine trial started a ways after that

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Paradoxish posted:

So if it's *not* transmitted through surfaces, can the Congressional Candy Desk theory be thrown out, and we can assume whoever was in that area just breathed and left the virus aerosolized for the next person who came for candy to inhale?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Cite your sources

You're a loving idiot if you think this disease only impacts people already on deaths door.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Civilized Fishbot posted:

At what point does it stop being irresponsible to hang out with friends/random sex partners? I live in Chicago and the papers say we'll be soon entering Phase 3, where gatherings of less than 10 people are acceptable. But that's with masks, right?

I had the whole exclusivity talk with my gently caress buddy mostly because we don't wanna give each other COVID.

I'm also only hanging out with people I know have been working from home

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
It's really dumb how people keep wondering how come x or y group doesn't have a huge outbreak tbh

The reason we don't have huge outbreaks is that we were locked down for like two months. It's really clear at this point that you need to have the right conditions (you know, like big public gatherings) for superspreader events to really kick-off. Congress isn't overrun with this because they've clearly been taking precautions and Republicans are loving hypocrites who are happy to tell people to sacrifice themselves for the economy while they hide.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

lmaooo

but for real, at what point does it become morally decent to invite Grindr honeys to my pad again? Is it indeterminate? When the vaccine gets developed and distributed?

Grindr needs start using that GPS tracker you allowed it use, to trace how likely a person was to catching it.
Two people in their houses for 14 days straight should lead to boner town immediately.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

At what point does it stop being irresponsible to hang out with friends/random sex partners? I live in Chicago and the papers say we'll be soon entering Phase 3, where gatherings of less than 10 people are acceptable. But that's with masks, right?

Suburban Chicago restaurant patios were packed yesterday, not a mask on any diners from what I could see.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
https://i.imgur.com/C7bZLqI.gifv

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

fatnoodlesfarting posted:

Northern Virginia here. Since someone asked to share experiences thought I would post :)
very sorry for your loss and appreciate you sharing your experiences

I'm in NoVA too and it really is going to be up to the individual businesses to keep distancing going. The state just doesn't care.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Grey Fox posted:

very sorry for your loss and appreciate you sharing your experiences

I'm in NoVA too and it really is going to be up to the individual businesses to keep distancing going. The state just doesn't care.

Businesses doing good so far imo

https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1266544706516848640?s=19

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lmao whatever happened with that vaccine that was supposed to be on the way to distribution

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Google Butt posted:

Lmao whatever happened with that vaccine that was supposed to be on the way to distribution

dont need a vaccine if no one gives a poo poo anymore

bing bong so simple

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

Steve Yun posted:

file transfer protocol!

gently caress 120.0.0.1

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lol exactly

my partner's restaurant, meanwhile, is still takeout only because their outdoor seating is inadequate for distancing

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Sunny Side Up posted:

With wedding invitations and all this other poo poo now planned for June we had to set an “are we the crazy ones?” date. Picked 4 weeks from Memorial Day. If cases remain stagnant or decreasing after Memorial Day and all this then we gotta go back to some semblance of normal.

Feeling pretty extreme cognitive dissonance/anxiety. Am I paranoid? It’s different from most “nutty” stuff in that I can’t believe it quietly or recommend a good book (“oh that’s not a theory, go read Killing Hope!”).

What data would you base this decision on?

I know some folks having a wedding with about 100 people in about a week. I'll keep you updated on this potential superspreading event and let you know how many of my husband's relatives die.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

the amount of new cases from the riots is going to be just fuckin unbelievable

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Grindr needs start using that GPS tracker you allowed it use, to trace how likely a person was to catching it.
Two people in their houses for 14 days straight should lead to boner town immediately.

i'd support this. i've been chatting with this guy for 2 weeks while isolating, and wondering what he's been doing on his end.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Wamsutta posted:

the amount of new cases from the riots is going to be just fuckin unbelievable

They're outside and people are moving around, not sitting in one place so I'm sure there will be some but it's more comparable to a packed beach (which hasn't been the source of outbreaks) than anything else.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SteveHarrisDJ/status/1266785549689532416?s=20

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Thoguh posted:

They're outside and people are moving around, not sitting in one place so I'm sure there will be some but it's more comparable to a packed beach (which hasn't been the source of outbreaks) than anything else.

Let's not forget about all the people getting arrested. Very different circumstances there

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

edit: My apologies as the president will not however handle this.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/PaulJBelcher/status/1266777675571572740?s=20

England has defeated the virus.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/casey/status/1266764878905110528?s=21

Casey here is worth $16 million lmao

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i'm glad candice made enough money off the "save morgan's job" shirt to allow morgan to keep her job making "save morgan's job" shirts for candice to sell

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

for context, those helicopters are air ambulances that are taking several people to hospital after they completely unpredictably hosed themselves up by jumping off a 200 foot cliff into the sea

Rhetoric-o-Tron
Jan 5, 2009

by Pragmatica

i refuse to believe any location is named Durdle Door

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
it's apparently near a village called lulworth

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Dustcat posted:

i'm glad candice made enough money off the "save morgan's job" shirt to allow morgan to keep her job making "save morgan's job" shirts for candice to sell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

XMNN posted:

it's apparently near a village called lulworth

and just a fur piece down the road is the bloody shire home of the hobbitses!