Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm glad I just made it to Wohnungschat since I just took possession of my new apartment today. 1000 Euroubles warm for 60qm in München...IT'S A loving STEAL

:smith:

drat did you kill an old lady in Giesing or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

aphid_licker posted:

Make Steingärten Alda. Just need some Goldrand-Servierteller vom Trödler, arrange some ethically sourced rocks on there, and add a lil Steinbrech / Sempervivum from your local Schotterparkplatz / Straßenrand / Felswand. I don't even know how those things do it, I have them on all my Fensterbretter and they just keep on trucking through the Mördersommer no fucks given. No watering no nothing required. I've acquired three varieties so far. They're really cute and if you can find pretty rocks it rocks.

Why no pictures? :colbert:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
edit you know what who cares

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 29, 2020

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

ephex posted:

Enjoy your 45 min commute

lol

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Mithaldu posted:

Why no pictures? :colbert:

Handykamera stellt nicht mehr scharf :saddowns:

e yeah that camera is fuuucked but you get the idea:

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 29, 2020

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

holy heck, those are some adorable fractals. it's like having a whole demoscene prod on your window sill. :3:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I probably have some type of bwain dablage bc at some point every fuckin day I'll just hang out by my window and look at the cute lil knobbly things

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

sounds like meditation :)

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah but those are not edible, I prefer kitchen herbs, tomatoes etc. But it all just burns...

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40MJUEQ6RJM

𝖘 𝖕 𝖆 𝖍 𝖓 𝖜 𝖆 𝖛 𝖊

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Düsseldorf inner city is fully packed of unmasked people tightly queuing to get into stores.

No wonder this city is trending upwards again.

Gonna check the tube where masks are still mandatory to see how.mask discipline is down there. If I don't post again I fell fighting off the infectious boomer hordes in those tunnels.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Zeit telling people not to travel:
https://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/zeitgeschehen/2020-05/opportunismus-und-urlaub-klimakrise-kreuzfahrten-soziale-oekologische-folgen-kosten

On one hand, I kind of hate this new trend of phrasing all pandemic related articles as "some TOTAL IDIOTS are DENYING SCIENCE and BEING UNREASONABLE, but if we try to make sense of their deluded bleating we may interpret it as expressing some valid concerns, which they only have because they don't understand the following truth: ..."
On the other hand, if this makes "not traveling far" and "working from home" into markers of high status and good breeding, I guess I don't mind. More people should do that anyway.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I don't think we should judge people by any "markers of high status and good breeding" but instead treat them as inherently bullshit no matter along which lines they're drawn.

e: except of course the number of balconies within your domain

e2: unclear if I think we should treat people or status markers as inherently bullshit but y'know what, either way

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 30, 2020

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

pidan posted:

Zeit telling people not to travel:
https://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/zeitgeschehen/2020-05/opportunismus-und-urlaub-klimakrise-kreuzfahrten-soziale-oekologische-folgen-kosten

On one hand, I kind of hate this new trend of phrasing all pandemic related articles as "some TOTAL IDIOTS are DENYING SCIENCE and BEING UNREASONABLE, but if we try to make sense of their deluded bleating we may interpret it as expressing some valid concerns, which they only have because they don't understand the following truth: ..."
On the other hand, if this makes "not traveling far" and "working from home" into markers of high status and good breeding, I guess I don't mind. More people should do that anyway.
Anecdotally, some people with a large-ish home/Wohnung with a garden and balcony (aka people in jobs with "high status") have found out that it is actually really comfortable to work from home and are looking to continue to do that. They are even figuring out that if they can get other people to work from home instead of in the office, they can actually save a lot of money by renting smaller offices.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Super great for those people, but it seems like it would put all the responsibility of setting up a work area that is conductive to working and conforms to Arbeitsschutzbestimmungen and whatnot on the shoulders of people who already lack the means to do so.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

pidan posted:

I agree. I can barely contain my disgust whenever I have to interact with a cashier. Why can't those low-bred poors work from home like me, a superior being?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

KonvexKonkav posted:

I agree. I can barely contain my disgust whenever I have to interact with a cashier. Why can't those low-bred poors work from home like me, a superior being?

What's a cashier? Is that the device that beeps at the self checkout?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

No it's the part that you put the cash into hence the name

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I think the last time I interacted with a cashier was like six years ago

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
https://twitter.com/_nasir_ahmad_/status/1266774790309806080

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Way to garden path me, I totes read that as a Stellenausschreibung at first

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Randler posted:

Düsseldorf inner city is fully packed of unmasked people tightly queuing to get into stores.

No wonder this city is trending upwards again.

Gonna check the tube where masks are still mandatory to see how.mask discipline is down there. If I don't post again I fell fighting off the infectious boomer hordes in those tunnels.

Well, RIP, I guess.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Tarquinn posted:

Well, RIP, I guess.

He didn't make it out of the tube!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

he's confined to an underground safe room that has only a single terminal with discord preinstalled

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Knee deep in the 'rona

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

One of the greatest SMT games design-wise. :)

Unrelated:

https://twitter.com/carlbildt/status/1266657365039947777

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

Super great for those people, but it seems like it would put all the responsibility of setting up a work area that is conductive to working and conforms to Arbeitsschutzbestimmungen and whatnot on the shoulders of people who already lack the means to do so.
Oh, definitely a problem. Like I said - working from home can be great if you have the room for it. If you don't, it can suck.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Since when do rich people do their own shopping, in a physical supermarket with the common rabble?

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Sulla Faex posted:

Since when do rich people do their own shopping, in a physical supermarket with the common rabble?
Depends on how you define "common rabble". There are some Feinkostläden with a setup similar to Edeka, but you won't see the common Lidler there.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I keep forgetting that tomorrow is a Feiertag and every time I re-remember it's just the greatest feeling :awesomelon:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

System Metternich posted:

I keep forgetting that tomorrow is a Feiertag and every time I re-remember it's just the greatest feeling :awesomelon:

Fun fact, that Feiertag was canceled for you personally. Sorry you had to find out that way.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

A lot of Christians probably want to forget about a holiday that is about going out and spreading it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

I wish it wasn't, after being on furlough every two weeks for months and from June on being on furlough every odd week, I now see every Feiertag as "poo poo-now-my-work-grows-even-more-and-I-can't-do-anything"-day.

On the other hand, I finally did my taxes for 2017-2019, which I'd planned to do for years now, but always managed to put off with some creative excuses ("not enough time", "too exhausted today, maybe later", you know the drill). And of course if you read closely, you notice how avoiding to do my taxes got easier with each year I successfully put it off, because it obviously added more work I didn't want to do!

Anyway, thanks to us being forced to plan out our holidays at the start of the year, before all of this happened, I also have Tuesday free. So I'll be working three days, and then I'll be send back home for another full week.

Welp, at least this way I can hopefully put more work into my novels. Or play more Stellaris. Wish me luck in fighting my addiction!

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
https://www.tagesschau.de/wirtschaft/wiederaufbaufonds-eu-103.html

Nach Jahrzehnten Nutzlosigkeit in der deutschen Politik und dem vorsichtigen Entsorgen in der Führungsspitze der EU hat Ursula von der Leyen plötzlich den Schuss gehört, und stellt anscheinen jetzt einen 750 Milliarden schweren Wiederaufbaufond bereit, für alle EU Länder. Der Ford währe damit größer als von Deutschland und Frankreich, den fetten Strebern der EU, vorgeschlagen. Obwohl die Nutznießer der EU bereits “Aber unsere SCHULDEN” schreien, geht der Plan anscheinen vorwärts, und könnte sogar verhindern, dass in der Wirtschaftsapokalypse während und nach Corona die Nazis aus dem Keller krabbeln.

Hat... hat Uschi etwas richtig gemacht?

e: phoneposting makes my grammer worse than usual

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jun 1, 2020

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Lunar Suite posted:

https://www.tagesschau.de/wirtschaft/wiederaufbaufonds-eu-103.html

Nach Jahrzehnten Nutzlosigkeit in der deutschen Politik und dem vorsichtigen Entsorgen in der Führungsspitze der EU hat Ursula von der Leyen plötzlich den Schuss gehört, und stellt anscheinen jetzt einen 750 Milliarden schweren Wiederaufbaufond bereit, für alle EU Länder. Der Ford währe damit größer als von Deutschland und Frankreich, die fetten Streber der EU, vorgeschlagen. Obwohl die Nutznießer der EU bereits “Aber unsere SCHULDEN” schreien, geht der Plan anscheinen Vorwärtskommen, und könnte sogar verhindern das in der Wirtschaftsapokalypse während und nach Corona die Nazis aus dem Keller krabbeln.

Große Pläne hatte unsere Uschi schon immer, auch in der Bundeswehr. Erst mal abwarten, wie weit sie damit kommt.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
We should wait whether the McKinsey consultants relate to Uschi and who take 1% of the money for their services say this is financially savvy.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Wengy posted:

I have never even seen a cashier.

Those self-checkout things are basically non-existant where I live. Still, I'm surprised that not even smaller stores/bakeries etc. have cashiers in Switzerland. Or do you do all your shopping online?

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Lunar Suite posted:

Und wenn es dann in wärmeren Ländern nicht trifft, dann können wir "Jaja, das ist halt die Uschi :xd:" lachen.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/areltah/status/1266832998915334144?s=09

I was there, it was cool and good and heartwarming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Less heartwarming is watching the US descent into fascism. Trump isn't even dictator yet and every bit of news from over there is awful and vile.