Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Unperson_47 posted:

Sid is sounding more awesome with every post, tbh.

edit: well except the part where he tried to intentionally injure Pillman

[quote="Unperson_47" post="505247763"]
Sid is sounding more awesome with every post, tbh.

edit: well except the part where he tried to intentionally injure Pillman

Is the squirrel thing true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Sandman McMahon posted:

I had never seen this before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWZa8G2boSA

It is good.

Was he that wet all the time

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Moist & Chewing, that was the way back then

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Having the shaving cream explode on him is the equivalent of Elmer Fudd smoking the exploding cigar. It fits Sids character perfectly.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Sid's mournful cry over his car Goldberg crushed (I think) is one of the funniest things I ever seen.

"WHY ME?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9fHMY76io

some of these comments are killing me, "Wanna play 21?"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I haven't watched WWE regularly in a long time, but did a little pandemic catching up on some PPVs with a free network trial. When Ambrose was leaving, they really harped on him not re-signing his contract on commentary, but didn't disparage him about it or anything, and actually sorta pushed him. Aside from Punk which was a work anyway, have they ever done the "wrestler is leaving soon, get it while it's hot" thing before? And were they trying to get him to stay, or just being really uncharacteristically positive about seeing him off?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

sticklefifer posted:

I haven't watched WWE regularly in a long time, but did a little pandemic catching up on some PPVs with a free network trial. When Ambrose was leaving, they really harped on him not re-signing his contract on commentary, but didn't disparage him about it or anything, and actually sorta pushed him. Aside from Punk which was a work anyway, have they ever done the "wrestler is leaving soon, get it while it's hot" thing before? And were they trying to get him to stay, or just being really uncharacteristically positive about seeing him off?
My understanding is that they believed Ambrose/Moxley/Good wasn't leaving WWE to wrestle elsewhere, but to try his hand at acting/"recharge his batteries" and so the assumption was that he'd eventually be back to wrestle in WWE so they gave him a slightly more dignified exit the way they have in the past for a Rock/Big Show/Jericho/Batista/etc. versus someone they feel the need to bury on the way out under the assumption they're headed to a competitor.

Then the "film" Ambrose was working on in the tail end of his WWE contract was the "jailbreak" video he posted the first possible second he legally could to signal he was going to go wrestle for NJPW, AEW, and anyone who would have him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sid making GBS threads himself reminded me of my favorite wrestler making GBS threads himself.

Bad News Allen famously challenged Andre the Giant to a fight when Andre said the n-word and Andre backed down. I wish I could remember the way he worded the story, but basically on WOL Dave asks him something about his relationship with Andre afterwards, and Bad News says they made up, and then tells the story of how they were in UWA and Andre poo poo himself in the ring during their match and how Bad News helped him clean himself up later. Apparently it was a really nasty poo poo.

There's just something really funny about Bad News forgiving Andre and literally getting poo poo on for it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sid is the master and the ruler of the world

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

"WE'RE LIVE, PAL"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oldpainless posted:

Sid is the master and the ruler of the world

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Edge & Christian posted:

My understanding is that they believed Ambrose/Moxley/Good wasn't leaving WWE to wrestle elsewhere, but to try his hand at acting/"recharge his batteries" and so the assumption was that he'd eventually be back to wrestle in WWE so they gave him a slightly more dignified exit the way they have in the past for a Rock/Big Show/Jericho/Batista/etc. versus someone they feel the need to bury on the way out under the assumption they're headed to a competitor.

Then the "film" Ambrose was working on in the tail end of his WWE contract was the "jailbreak" video he posted the first possible second he legally could to signal he was going to go wrestle for NJPW, AEW, and anyone who would have him.

Good on him, though I imagine that must have caused some awkward work conversations for Renee.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
https://youtu.be/3QubGv9tlVs

I can't think of Sid and not think of this.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

Eat My Fuc posted:

Sid's mournful cry over his car Goldberg crushed (I think) is one of the funniest things I ever seen.

"WHY ME?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9fHMY76io

some of these comments are killing me, "Wanna play 21?"

Another highlight from the comments

"Sid is twice the man you are, and has half the car that you do!"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
22?! Oh maannnn!!!!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Sid and David Schultz are the realest wrestlers to ever enter the ring but the antithesis of each other.

David slapped that reporter guy and became a successful bounty hunter meanwhile Sid backs down from fights the he himself starts even when he has a weapon.

David believed in the sanctity of the business (lol) while Sid barely showed up and poo poo himself in the ring.

David had wavy blonde hair. Sid had curly blonde hair.

The list goes on, I'm sure.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 10:38 on May 30, 2020

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unperson_47 posted:

Sid and David Schultz are the realest wrestlers to ever enter the ring but the antithesis of each other.

David slapped that reporter guy and became a successful bounty hunter meanwhile Sid backs down from fights the he himself starts even when he has a weapon.

David believed in the sanctity of the business (lol) while Sid barely showed up and poo poo himself in the ring.

David had wavy blonde hair. Sid had curly blonde hair.

The list goes on, I'm sure.

Sid has never been filmed going on a racist rant, unlike Dr. D

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Sid was billed at 6'9" which is nice while David's racist rant is not that nice.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Sid had the greatest jobber squash I've ever seen, where the guy ended up doing a stretcher job. Sid jumped out and insisted on helping the guy. Wheeled him up the ramp, then turn around, shoved the stretcher back down the ramp and into the ring

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeathChicken posted:

Sid had the greatest jobber squash I've ever seen, where the guy ended up doing a stretcher job. Sid jumped out and insisted on helping the guy. Wheeled him up the ramp, then turn around, shoved the stretcher back down the ramp and into the ring

I loved jobbers back in the day, when they looked like some unfortunate fan or some dude they found driving a truck or something

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sandman McMahon posted:

I had never seen this before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWZa8G2boSA

It is good.

This reads so differently with almost 30 years of hindsight.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Randaconda posted:

I loved jobbers back in the day, when they looked like some unfortunate fan or some dude they found driving a truck or something

I was watching old episodes of Superstars on the Network and instantly fell in love with these lads.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Randaconda posted:

As kids, we used to joke they looked like guys pulled off the street.

I mean literally kidnapped and forced to fight The Undertaker.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is there a longtime WWE employee that Vince hasn't had strip down to their underwear and/or literally kiss his rear end?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is there a longtime WWE employee that Vince hasn't had strip down to their underwear and/or literally kiss his rear end?

I'm pretty sure in Season 2 of Lucha Underground they basically had this gimmick for people fighting Matanza Cueto.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

I was surprised to read that there are only 6 members of the Kiss My rear end Club, despite several close calls:

Regal
JR
HBK
Shane
Foley
Hornswoggle

Certainly felt like more with the amount of screen time it got.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

https://youtu.be/3QubGv9tlVs

I can't think of Sid and not think of this.

I've been laughing about this all day.

Didn't Goldberg repeatedly crush his car?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I am loving shocked that Stephanie isn't on that list.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I am loving shocked that Stephanie isn't on that list.

They had something much grosser in mind at one point, and it's exactly what you might think

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They had something much grosser in mind at one point, and it's exactly what you might think

Oh, I know, that's why I'm shocked.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I’m thinking about getting a month of the TNA streaming service, does it have a complete run of all the old Impacts?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Spikey Willow posted:

I was surprised to read that there are only 6 members of the Kiss My rear end Club, despite several close calls:

Looking up the close calls I found this "trivia", which I mean I remember this angle being misogynistic and very MGOTW but

quote:

On the December 1, 2003 - Test and Scott Steiner wanted Stacy Keibler to join the "Test and Scott Steiner Kiss My rear end Club,". After cornering her and taking turns farting on her, Mick Foley makes the save, to the displeasure of many.

UPDATE: This was some wiki vandalism, fortunately. The segment is still disgusting but at least no one gets farted on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyVf_0t_EDQ

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 30, 2020

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

RIP Test

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Wait, is Test still dead?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Pretty girl put your hand in my buttcheeks.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

here we go man freakin for a jack off

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Has WWE ever run shows in Japan that weren't sponsored or in affiliation with any of the big name companies, or do they generally stay out?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Has WWE ever run shows in Japan that weren't sponsored or in affiliation with any of the big name companies, or do they generally stay out?

They do house shows every year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Shine posted:

Pretty girl put your hand in my buttcheeks.

Jericho playin games with your codpiece