Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Steve Yun posted:

But I'm not seeing any narrative that the cops are trying to use that to justify cracking down on the protesters.

That will be tomorrow, when they're in front of the cameras after tonights escalations.

Like, this is basic loving history. It happened in Ferguson, OWS, and WTO, just within my memory. And before that, all throughout the Civil Rights movement.

The Gov of MN has already said "sorry, I was given bad information." who gave him that information and why? What was the motive to lie about out-of-staters? Why did Chicago PD go try to find a caravan of 3000 antifa headed from Indianapolis with a chopper tonight? what could possibly be the motive if not to delegitimatize the protest

If, at long last, you still need evidence: Go watch videos of the sacking of Precinct 3, and then read all the lib tweets saying only whites out of staters did it. gently caress that. That was a victory. It wasn't "incited"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

do you have any links to show why that’s not the case

I’m confused. how is that a talking point that’s helpful to the police? white supremacists agitating to make protestors look bad seems to support protestors

chuds are using the 'protesters were shipped in!' line to paint the protests as a Soros op with paid for rioters. Libs are using it to claim its the dastardly russians somehow. the more idpol oriented libs are trying to drive a wedge between communities by insisting any white person at a riot is an out of state chud operative. some of the white protesters certainly are chuds (or cops, which are double chuds) in disguise trying to escalate things, but most of them are just there to show solidarity. police are using it as an excuse to crack down harder on protesters, because now they can run with a narrative of deliberate provocateurs

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Thanks for the rep[lies guys

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

yeah I've basically accepted the US is off the curve expected for a pandemic in a modern nation, and is going to have something similar to an early modern era pandemic.

wife and I were talking about when the second wave was going to hit in full last week, because June seemed too early. even states that were opening up still had the majority of people still distancing and reducing outings, even if the media was focused on the big gatherings. we assumed it would be September before the second wave took off, fueled by schools opening up and children being little plague vectors

we couldnt have predicted mass riots in most major cities. there isnt going to be a 'wave 2' now, just a minor lull as the first wave gets ever higher

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

wow, no new cases!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

etalian posted:

CSPAM rubes itt spreading police talking points.

we must protect & guide our precious cspam children

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

we must protect & guide our precious cspam children

We must secure an existence for our posters and a future for cspam children?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
No new posts for an hour while the posts are still flying elsewhere. COVID is officially over!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Cell phone towers got shut off in MN by police btw, while they do god knows what to everyone during the blackout. Sucks for you if you need to call a hospital during a pandemic!

This is a great precedent to set btw, totally cool that we could lose this forum, Twitter, basically all communication channels on a whim if things escalate so much they decide to shutoff the internet backbone instead, which they have already discussed doing during training exercises for this scenario

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1267023220336664577?s=21

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

big habsburg energy

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Dumb Lowtax posted:

No new posts for an hour while the posts are still flying elsewhere. COVID is officially over!
I think it means everyone in America is dead?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
how are the Villages holding up

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 211 days!

power word- Jeb! posted:

at my old job i used to organize friday happy hours with some of my friends in the department. one guy came once and told me this crazy story about how he and his wife went on vacation in finland. they had rented a car to check out a national park or something and were driving along a backroad when a reindeer leapt out in front of the car. he couldn't stop in time and hit the reindeer.

they are stopped wondering wtf to do because there's this half dead reindeer there and a local kindly stops to help them out. the dude comes up, puts a knife in my coworkers hand and says,

YOU HIT REINDEER? YOU KEEL REINDEER!

so my dude killed the reindeer

i mean, that just makes sense. the poor thing is suffering.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
A lot of police departments are going to have a covid problem in a week or two

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I wonder how many protesters will also

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

MorrisBae posted:

The Vitamin D deficiency theory seems plausible, and lol enough that millions of us are going to die because we didn't invest $10 in a Nature's Bounty bottle

I started taking a multivitamin to stave off scurvy from my all-bean diet. So I've been getting 250% vitamin D since this pandemic started.

beans + multivitamin + weed + alcohol = a balanced cspam diet

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Rhetoric-o-Tron posted:

i refuse to believe any location is named Durdle Door

Scratchy Bottom is just nearby. It's also not far from Shitterton, and the piddle river.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Los Angeles is now under Double Quarantine. We have to wash our hands for 40 seconds and eat twice as many beans

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
America: as your hired consultant I have to recommend that you to stop murdering black people. It won’t fix all your problems but it will prevent future riots. Please PayPal me $400 for this session.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
The really really stupid outcome of this will be Trump blaming the riots for the entire 2nd wave and not the stupid white people at hairdressers and lake of the ozarks. It will absolve him of any mistakes/lack of response to Covid and his lapdog licking it up.

Literally anything that happens helps him get reelected, that's how good spindoctirs and Media are at twisting everything.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hopper posted:

The really really stupid outcome of this will be Trump blaming the riots for the entire 2nd wave and not the stupid white people at hairdressers and lake of the ozarks. It will absolve him of any mistakes/lack of response to Covid and his lapdog licking it up.

Literally anything that happens helps him get reelected, that's how good spindoctirs and Media are at twisting everything.

And also the Democrats and Biden rolling over like a loving dog offering absolutely zero alternatives except utterly brutal austerity.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
So death camps in a year?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Nobody gives a gently caress about covid right now and won't be for some time

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

magiccarpet posted:

Nobody gives a gently caress about covid right now and won't be for some time

i think you'll start to see people giving a gently caress again in 1-2 weeks

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Forceholy posted:

So death camps in a year?

There are already literal concentration camps on US soil. They even spray them with "medicine" that makes them cough up blood etc.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

One up side to this is seeing people assemble at the white house so everyone gets their practice in for when he refuses to leave

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Ya that's like a year in post escalator time

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

That's how these riots will end. The virus is certainly spreading like crazy right now. When the symptoms catch up to the cops and protesters in a couple more days people are going to start staying home sick.

We're going to see a million deaths from this.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Haha, countries from all over are going to place travel bans against Americans after all this.

The US passport is going to be worth fuckall.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

hopefully the rioters who tend to be younger do better than the pigs who tend to be fat and have more comorbidities

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Anyone remember the covid taskforce lmfao

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Thoguh posted:

You're a loving idiot if you think this disease only impacts people already on deaths door.

No, but people in good health do far better than those with uncontrolled morbidities.

How do you explain the zero fatalities among our politicians? Genuinely curious. If you think it's because they managed to keep from being exposed somehow, sure I could accept that. But lol if you're calling me a loving idiot when there's people ITT who are convinced that the politicians have some top-secret COVID cure

netBuff
Nov 7, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

No, but people in good health do far better than those with uncontrolled morbidities.

How do you explain the zero fatalities among our politicians? Genuinely curious. If you think it's because they managed to keep from being exposed somehow, sure I could accept that. But lol if you're calling me a loving idiot when there's people ITT who are convinced that the politicians have some top-secret COVID cure

Articles about multiple local politicians dying have been posted on SA. I assume either national politicians are taking way more precautions or there's actually some kind of expensive treatment available (like the IL-6 inhibitor-based treatment people have mentioned) - most politicians don't look like they're in great health, if we're being honest.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Thanks for the rep[lies guys
some more historical context https://twitter.com/fleshandbrand/status/1266841813421363205

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Inceltown posted:

We must secure an existence for our posters and a future for cspam children?

Cspam about to declare postingsraum on d&d and qcs

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

America: as your hired consultant I have to recommend that you to stop murdering black people. It won’t fix all your problems but it will prevent future riots. Please PayPal me $400 for this session.
sir, this is a capitalist nation

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

WHERE'S THE COVID DEATH TOLL

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Eight-Six posted:

WHERE'S THE COVID DEATH TOLL

Release the long form death counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Cell phone towers got shut off in MN by police btw, while they do god knows what to everyone during the blackout. Sucks for you if you need to call a hospital during a pandemic!

This is a great precedent to set btw, totally cool that we could lose this forum, Twitter, basically all communication channels on a whim if things escalate so much they decide to shutoff the internet backbone instead, which they have already discussed doing during training exercises for this scenario

big cat 6 cable running from my protest laptop all the way back to my house