Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Haagen dazs sells just strawberry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aramek posted:

Haagen dazs sells just strawberry.

Not according to their website, they don't.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

vanilla ice cream is best. vanilla isnt a boring flavor, people just think that because it's just a plain cream color, the vanilla plant has a completely unique flavor thats a lot more subtle than strawberry or chocolate. a lot of vanilla ice cream that you can buy in the store sucks rear end though and barely has any real vanilla flavor

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Shibawanko posted:

vanilla ice cream is best. vanilla isnt a boring flavor, people just think that because it's just a plain cream color, the vanilla plant has a completely unique flavor thats a lot more subtle than strawberry or chocolate. a lot of vanilla ice cream that you can buy in the store sucks rear end though and barely has any real vanilla flavor

Of course the guy who thinks blowjobs are too weird would be a big fan of literal vanilla.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You know what's a really good combination? Mint Chocolate Chip + Butterscotch. You can substitute caramel and it's also good, but butterscotch is the realness.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Of course the guy who thinks blowjobs are too weird would be a big fan of literal vanilla.

i can eat anything under the sun no matter if it's tripe or very spicy but with ice cream there's just no contest. vanilla is the best ice cream flavor.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I keep forgetting you're Australian I'm so sorry.

https://www.haagendazs.us/products/ice-cream/strawberry-ice-cream

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Shibawanko posted:

i can eat anything under the sun no matter if it's tripe or very spicy but with ice cream there's just no contest. vanilla is the best ice cream flavor.

I agree with this, although I love all ice cream flavours the only one I would never have to be 'in the mood' for is vanilla

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Vanilla is a complementary flavor. It needs toppings or a second flavor to mix with.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Yeah vanilla owns. Especially if you get the good stuff like with the actual vanilla bean fleck in there.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, people like to poo poo on vanilla but there's a reason it's king.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Pour a little Baileys Irish Cream into your bowl of vanilla ice cream.
You’re welcome.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Tiggum posted:

The chocolate should be replaced with strawberry. And the vanilla should be replaced with strawberry. Why the gently caress can't I just buy strawberry ice-cream by itself except in the cheap, lovely brands?

tillamook makes a strawb ice cream. it’s creamy and very good

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Rainbow Knight posted:

tillamook makes a strawb ice cream. it’s creamy and very good

I was literally about to say this, and then I realized I don't know if it's sold outside of Pacific Northwest

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

I was literally about to say this, and then I realized I don't know if it's sold outside of Pacific Northwest

https://www.tillamook.com/tillamaps/buy

I checked a couple of cities in the midwest and the east coast at random and it looks like they've got pretty good coverage. They're something like the 50th biggest dairy processor country in the country so I'm not really surprised.

Always been a big fan of their ice cream.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Pick posted:

southern california has it because we get all of the good things and none of the bad things

:smugca:

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

the middle east wins when it comes to desserts because of the presence of pistachios and dates and pomegranates stuff. baklava is the best dessert

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Pour a little Baileys Irish Cream into your bowl of vanilla ice cream.
You’re welcome.

You don't have to just pour a little in, you can do the whole bottle.
You're welcome

Lord Garmadon
Jul 17, 2018
I find that with icecream, I just really like the super artificially bubblegum flavored stuff more than the higher-end stuff. I mean, for sure, there's good chocolate and bad chocolate and good and bad quality strawberry and w/e, but more than the fancy stuff and w/e I just want blue and pink twirly tutti-fruity and with the cheap syrup-y caramel goop and sprikles on it

i dont know what you call it in English, but the pink goop made from eggs, i want that all over my icecream, as well.

Sometimes you just want whatever, of course, but if i could only have one style of icecream then i'd be an easy call for me to decide on the stuff that looks like toxic plastic and sort of taste like licking a bubblegum wrapper

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Henchman of Santa posted:

Vanilla is a complementary flavor. It needs toppings or a second flavor to mix with.

Moose tracks rules- vanilla with giant chocolate chunks and peanut butter cups? Hell yes.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Lord Garmadon posted:

i dont know what you call it in English, but the pink goop made from eggs, i want that all over my icecream, as well.

I want to know more about the pink goop made from eggs.

Lord Garmadon
Jul 17, 2018

Telemaze posted:

I want to know more about the pink goop made from eggs.

My English isn't good for foodstuff and recipes, but I'll try to explain the pink goop made from eggs that is put on icecream, and also sometimes as filling in some style of chocolate tops, but I imagine you probably have it, but I just don't know the word.

Anyway, it is made by boiling lots of sugar in little water, so you get syrup and then it must cool. Then you whip eggwhites in the ratio of half as much weight of eggwhites as the sugar. Perhaps for a batch to multiply you could use 1dl of water and then 200g of sugar and 100g of egg whites. you whip the egg whites until they are stiff and then you slowly pour the syrup on the eggwhites and continue whipping and then you end up with a fluffy topping which is sort of a goopy candyfloss; come to think of it, it is probably for most purposes candyfloss, but with different texture, which is not common here but I've seen it in movies. regardless, you usually make a strawberry syrup as the base, or if a shop makes it they will use some kind of dangerous chemical instead of strawberries, which creates the lovely pink colour either way.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Think you're looking for meringue.

Lord Garmadon
Jul 17, 2018

Nameless Pete posted:

Think you're looking for meringue.

Yes. Thank you. That looks much more correct than candyfloss.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe
Oh neat, I never considered putting meringue on ice cream. I guess that's mostly what baked alaska is though, thinking about it.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/505074/haagen-dazs-strawberries-cream-ice-cream I know technically it says strawberries and cream, but it's just strawberry.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

The Beatles were overrated

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Who?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Ringo was the best Beatle, not to be confused with Pete who was the Best Beatle.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I'm sure I've brought this up before in this exact thread but I genuinely enjoyed Ringo's solo career. There's just something that's so Earnest and yet stiff about everything that he does it's so charming.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Aramek posted:

I'm sure I've brought this up before in this exact thread but I genuinely enjoyed Ringo's solo career. There's just something that's so Earnest and yet stiff about everything that he does it's so charming.

His son is a very good drummer too, so much so that he played for The Who during their 50 year anniversary tour.

EDIT - He's been playing with them since 1996???!?

Dell_Zincht has a new favorite as of 10:36 on May 31, 2020

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dell_Zincht posted:

The Beatles were overrated
This only works on people born before 1980

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

This only works on people born before 1980

In the UK it's a very unpopular opinion that works on people of all ages.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
If the internet as it is today was around when the Beatles were popular, it would be full of the same kind of hatred towards them that most boy bands that are popular with teen girls get now. Sure they got more experimental further down the line, but they were essentially the One Direction of the 60s

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

if you make a song, and in the lyrics of the song you talk about how you made the song, or music in general like "the beats" or "the bass", you hosed up.

if your song has a bridge where it's just a bunch of boring filler, you hosed up.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Shibawanko posted:

if you make a song, and in the lyrics of the song you talk about how you made the song, or music in general like "the beats" or "the bass", you hosed up.

if your song has a bridge where it's just a bunch of boring filler, you hosed up.

Nah talking about beats or bass is fine if the beats/bass are ok.

but

If you brag about drinking/smoking weed/drugs, your song sucks. It's uniformly the worst part of most rap and country and the biggest signifier that the singer is a 19 year-old who got lucky and has nothing to share. This can be offset if the beat or construction is good enough, but being real it's almost never good enough. It can also be offset if you've actually going a thematic point to the subject like how the substances are a crutch or communicate what the drug is like (good trap music does this). Instead you could at least talk about loving. loving implies some level of effort and achievement at getting another human being to do something with you. All drug/alcohol talk does is say "I had money and time."

mind the walrus has a new favorite as of 13:55 on May 31, 2020

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Whitlam posted:

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/505074/haagen-dazs-strawberries-cream-ice-cream I know technically it says strawberries and cream, but it's just strawberry.

All this time, the thing I wanted was right there in front of me but I never knew it because they gave it a dumb name that made me think it was something else? I really hope I remember this by the time it's summer again.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Tiggum posted:

All this time, the thing I wanted was right there in front of me but I never knew it because they gave it a dumb name that made me think it was something else? I really hope I remember this by the time it's summer again.

You've seriously been passing up strawberry ice cream for years, cursing this cruel world that would refuse you strawberry ice cream, all because you didn't understand what "strawberries and cream" meant?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Gripweed posted:

You've seriously been passing up strawberry ice cream for years, cursing this cruel world that would refuse you strawberry ice cream, all because you didn't understand what "strawberries and cream" meant?

To be honest I'm not sure I've ever seen that variety, but if I had then yeah, I would have assumed that "strawberries and cream" meant something different than "strawberry" since, in every other instance I've ever encountered that combination of words, it does. Because of how there's two extra words there. Why would you label it "strawberries and cream" if it's just strawberry? That's just dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Tiggum posted:

Why would you label it "strawberries and cream" if it's just strawberry? That's just dumb.

What do you think icecream is made of? Its strawberries and cream.