Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Pryor on Fire posted:

That billionaires shouldn't exist I guess is the main message?

Every time you burn down a billionaire's house or company just call it a "reverse stock buyback" or maybe "undoing decades of equity-based-compensation-tax-evasion".

what does that have to do with police murdering black people?

lets keep our riots focused, or people get confused and they lose effectiveness.

we can protest billionaires next week after we finish dealing with the police problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I think I just hate Seattle and Minneapolis a lot after having been forced to spend time with very rich people there. That's what's actually going on here. Thanks for letting me work that out.

Actually I just hate Wayzata, Minneapolis seems ok.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Pryor on Fire posted:

I think I just hate Seattle and Minneapolis a lot after having been forced to spend time with very rich people there. That's what's actually going on here. Thanks for letting me work that out.

Actually I just hate Wayzata, Minneapolis seems ok.

I get it. I feel similarly to Bradenton and that whole area. place is a shithole and it deserves to burn

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Y'all remember Martello? Y'all remember how he shot that dude in the back?

quote:

Jonathan Roselle found not guilty in killing of Joseph Santos, who was unarmed when the former South Whitehall officer shot him
https://www.mcall.com/news/police/mc-nws-roselle-verdict-20200319-2kf4umabdvcxrlckd3cphwpzn4-story.html

He walked just 11 days ago.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

quote:

Tonight the Minneapolis Police Department
Opened fire on our first aid station with no regard for the wounded people we had inside.
We were treating the 100% PEACEFUL protestors adults and teens who had come in with rubber bullet wounds, falls, scrapes and gashes, and mace/tear gas exposure when they marched in and began firing at us.
We put our hands up.
We shouted that we were first aid and were trying to help injured
We shouted we had hurt people inside that could not walk.
Nurses, Medics, EMTs walked out in front and Identfied themselves.
They fired gas, paint, and rubber bullets into us like it was Call of Duty.
I was hit multiple times with my hands up before it became to much to take and I had to run with everyone else.
A young man who had hurt his leg and couldn’t run was almost trampled by people
fleeing the shots.
Some medics and myself grabbed him, put him in a wheeled office chair and started running him out of the #firstaid station while they fired rubber bullets into my back.
We got him into a random car as gas and more bullets rained down on us. I was pulled away by the crowd as a van full of cops came through and began shooting at us as we fled.
More gas
More rubber bullets
I ran as fast as I could until the finally stopped chasing us.
Finding my way to a friends basement nearby where the rest of my team had fled to.
While we hid
A young couple was also trying to leave to protests.
They turned a corner and the police officers hit them with their high powered flash light and then shot this girl directly in the face.
Random protestors formed a shield around them as the young man picked her up and ran.
By the sheer grace of God they managed to stumble to the door of the place we were hiding in and were rushed down to the basement.
We frantically cleared a dirty laundry table as our AMAZING, FANTASTIC, BRAVE, SELFLESS, SUPERWOMAN Nurse (Ashley Huber who is a straight up medical GODESS) scavenged all the supplies we had managed to keep on us to treat this girl the best she could and probably saved her eye.
We are now huddled in the dark
Waiting for curfew to lift to get her the further help she needs
Because not a living soul in this probably traumatized group of civilians is going to call 911
After ambulances have repeatedly ignored our calls and the police are the ones who shot the small unarmed girl in the first place.
(EDIT: even if we wanted to try and get her to the hospital ourselves the Police SLASHED THE TIRES OF THE TRUCK WE USED TO GET HERE)
So while I wait for sunrise
I would like to let everybody know
That if you open your mouth about how “those people” need to peacefully protest
Covid-19 or not
I’m going to get into your personal space.
MY team
Were warriors for justice tonight
The Minneapolis, police department
Shot a small brown skinned girl in the face because she was outside and upset that they murdered a black in broad day light in front of people begging them to stop.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

EBB posted:

Y'all remember Martello? Y'all remember how he shot that dude in the back?

https://www.mcall.com/news/police/mc-nws-roselle-verdict-20200319-2kf4umabdvcxrlckd3cphwpzn4-story.html

He walked just 11 days ago.

:ortiz:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Oh ok we're going to see people straight up forming packs to hunt cops if this keeps up

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

lets keep our riots focused, or people get confused and they lose effectiveness.

we can protest billionaires next week after we finish dealing with the police problem

you're gonna have to file the deviation request with the Soros management committee

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Pryor on Fire posted:

That billionaires shouldn't exist I guess is the main message?

Every time you burn down a billionaire's house or company just call it a "reverse stock buyback" or maybe "undoing decades of equity-based-compensation-tax-evasion".

Let's keep the current message, "cops shouldn't murder people."

But 'corporate destructuring' has a nice ring to it.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
The final day of Meltdown May.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
A thread of cops going after the press:

https://twitter.com/dellcam/status/1266964978164215808?s=21

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Abolish Police is my preferred message

End Carceral Capitalism is also a good message

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
who exactly do yall think the cops act on behest of

let me fill in the blank: its the rich. you can't compartmentalize this. its how the system was designed and the people who get crushed by it are fighting back.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Proud Christian Mom posted:

who exactly do yall think the cops act on behest of

let me fill in the blank: its the rich. you can't compartmentalize this. its how the system was designed and the people who get crushed by it are fighting back.

To protect and to serve our masters.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Burning down corporation stores and banks is fine. The government felt it was better to give trillions to companies that have no problem letting their employees starve or ride unemployment pine than to put money in the hands of the people, who would have spent it buying poo poo to keep the economy afloat.

The people don't matter to most banks or businesses. They're complicit in this. Let them burn.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Can we please please please stop spreading the "antifa are the only ones smashing poo poo/stirring things up" thing? It's a completely bullshit, manufactured narrative that allows the powers that be to conveniently ignore the riots, and also sows racial division when we need solidarity. Black people aren't really that angry, it's just the white anarchists trying to stir them up! It's loving stupid. Stop swallowing that poo poo uncritically.

e: not necessarily directed at people here but I'm seeing it pop up more and more and ARRRGH

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 31, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Stravag posted:

Oh ok we're going to see people straight up forming packs to hunt cops if this keeps up

And with the way the cops have essentially declared war on protestors, I think that’s what the cops want

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Conservatives are never going to stop trying to spread the "evil antifa burned down the starbucks" narrative. Just like they're not going to acknowledge that cops are capable of murder by calling deaths at their hands "accidents" or "medical problems."

Most democrats are no loving better.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

pmchem posted:

well, that seems to be what most of c-spam and the internet want to happen at this point

I'm surprised the capitalist finance bro doesnt think anything is wrong or needs fixing :laugh:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Just like they're not going to acknowledge that cops are capable of murder by calling deaths at their hands "accidents" or "medical problems."

https://twitter.com/tomscocca/status/1267104714740641792?s=21

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/RachelMComedy/status/1266868728542769152

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

RFC2324 posted:

ask the panthers or the person next to you in the riot for a better answer, but in brief racism exists to keep the working class divided against itself and black people were imported as private property and retained as a laborer underclass ever since to create the wealth of the ruling class and destroy labor power. people who tell you that the issues are separate are either fooled or trying to fool you.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Doc Hawkins posted:

ask the panthers or the person next to you in the riot for a better answer, but in brief racism exists to keep the working class divided against itself and black people were imported as private property and retained as a laborer underclass ever since to create the wealth of the ruling class and destroy labor power. people who tell you that the issues are separate are either fooled or trying to fool you.

I would argue that, as the protests now are showing, attacking the police power is a more effective way to undermine the entrenched power inequality in the system. Every protest will have to have this level of escalation or worse until the issues if the police are addressed effectively (not saying solved, just addressed to be less of an issue)

When the police feel safe murdering in the street like that, and opening fire on reporters unprovoked, there is little reason to expect them to not be willing to open fire on a crowd.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

A clumsy analogy, but at this point the protests are about George Floyd the same way WWI was about Franz Ferdinand.

And I mean that as a positive. This is an outpouring of rage about a system that fucks anyone not in the top 10% and white. I've said it before, but even the most woke white person doesn't care about a black guy being killed this much.

So "stop killing minorities, you pig fucks" is the top note, but there is a massive pile of stuff under it.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i failed to complete the connection: police having impunity to arrest and murder black people who "make trouble" is how they help maintain the permanent labor underclass, check out The New Jim Crow to learn more, i won't ask how you got it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I'm surprised the capitalist finance bro doesnt think anything is wrong or needs fixing :laugh:

this is a dumb post, I think a ton of things about the current system are terrible and have repeatedly posted about a dystopian hellworld future

I think police violence is out of control and police unions are way too powerful

I also think a lot of people just want to see things looted and burning

those thoughts are not mutually exclusive

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
:lol:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

pmchem posted:

this is a dumb post, I think a ton of things about the current system are terrible and have repeatedly posted about a dystopian hellworld future

I think police violence is out of control and police unions are way too powerful

I also think a lot of people just want to see things looted and burning

those thoughts are not mutually exclusive

Why do you think the people want to see things in their own community burning

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
so the guy with the gladius that got shitstomped? he's exactly who you'd think he is. wasn't even his business, just a bar he liked.

https://twitter.com/HarrierMagnus/status/1266623399234863105?s=20

https://twitter.com/HarrierMagnus/status/1267038148514713606?s=20

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Oh hey trump is gonna label antifa as terrorists officially

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1267129644228247552?s=19

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Why do you think the people want to see things in their own community burning

you keep attributing very specific positions to me that are not what I posted. I didn’t post that people generally wanted to see their own community burn. It’s also impossible to generalize an answer.

- it may be that the people who are burning things are from outside the neighborhood/community or false flagging
- it may be spectators on the internet generally supporting destruction
- it may be that some people just don’t care and wanted to see Arby’s burn because they got a lovely sandwich there once

why don’t you just go ask coolzone and put words in people’s mouths there

this is all very terrible, sad, and horrible

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Stravag posted:

Dang I guess they’re gonna have to take their antifa jerseys off

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

pmchem posted:

I disagree. All workers should have unions as powerful as Police and Firefighter Unions. Unions are good things, we should have more of them not less.

Epiphyte
Apr 7, 2006

Woofer posted:

Dang I guess they’re gonna have to take their antifa jerseys off

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Stravag posted:

This is literally the worst thing he can do. If this actually happens, how do we not end up with a civil war now?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

trump? mis-manage a crisis?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stravag posted:

And all the replies confirm what we mostly already knew: the chuds think that antifa is a formal organization with membership, a hierarchy, planning, assets, etc etc etc. What a bunch of morons.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Little is more telling about where we are than that mainline white conservatives live in terror of a non-existent organization called "anti fascist"

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

And all the replies confirm what we mostly already knew: the chuds think that antifa is a formal organization with membership, a hierarchy, planning, assets, etc etc etc. What a bunch of morons.

Will Trump claim progress by droning the antifa second in command every few months for the next decade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Can’t wait for him to calm things down by saying BLM is a terrorist org.