Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
The only performance issue I have any more is when you're opening and closing bodies sometimes and the game hangs up for a good 2-5 seconds.

it hasn't gotten me killed yet, but I know it will and it'll piss me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Yeah I’ll probably die to stuff going forward as well

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Toalpaz posted:

Folks, steam audio is good. The stutter is way down too! I'm happy to see one of my favorite games become so competent and polished in this patch.

:agreed:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

The only performance issue I have any more is when you're opening and closing bodies sometimes and the game hangs up for a good 2-5 seconds.

I wish I was talented enough to make a sketch of this.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Does anyone know a good source of fuel early on before access to Jaeger/flea happens? not having any fuel for the generator sucks when I want to craft so much stuff

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
you can often find fuel in oli on interchange

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Mesadoram posted:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

you can often find fuel in oli on interchange

Right, I forgot about that. I've been to the fuel spot I think four times now but no luck, although maybe I missed it because I wasn't specifically looking for it there since I had forgotten

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think the tunnels in reserve spawn fuel pretty often too

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Mesadoram posted:

whole new meaning to 'treasure chest'

flesh box with a fold-out metal prop like a car hood

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Umbreon posted:

Right, I forgot about that. I've been to the fuel spot I think four times now but no luck, although maybe I missed it because I wasn't specifically looking for it there since I had forgotten

it can spawn on shelves all over OLI not just that one spot in the corner

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Magnificent

Wallrod posted:

whole new meaning to 'treasure chest'

flesh box with a fold-out metal prop like a car hood

:hmmyes:

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Pro fuel spot is the van warehouse on customs - it can spawn on the shelves next to van, on the floor, and in the red conex by the front door. That spot is awesome for uncommon/rare barter stuff in general.

Shoreline village also has some decent fuel spots, like behind the tractor on the corner closest to bus depot/resort.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

hakimashou posted:

it can spawn on shelves all over OLI not just that one spot in the corner

I have been missing out on so much fuel, God drat lol

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Look inside yourself

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

Folks, steam audio is good. The stutter is way down too! I'm happy to see one of my favorite games become so competent and polished in this patch.

I'm not seeing a huge gameplay benefit for switching audio. A few times in the last day I've not heard a guy that was a floor above or below me and I absolutely would have without the new audio switched on. Probably going to switch back to be honest.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

I think it's a lot better, but I've since turned it off because of my playstyle, which consists of

1) Pushing and then camping the Factory Office Room

which being able to hear people in bathroom or people running up stairs is beneficial

and 2) Playing Labs and rushing Blue/Green, looting it, then going down stairs, spawning raiders, killing and looting them, and camping the small green elevator in the basement

which if i have the new audio system for, I have like 2 seconds of heads up if someone runs down the stairs and rushes the elevator door

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
so uh. The new FIR flea is totally skipped if you slap a bunch of attachments on your gun and put it up for sale. Big opportunity for 60 rounders right now.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Somehow I managed to find two flash drives very early on (and extracted with them for the FiR), but have yet to find any gas analyzers.

On the FiR change, I agree that removing hatchlings is a move towards how the game was 'meant' to be played and generally provides a better in-raid experience. However on the other end, the most noticeable impact of the change for me is that makes me play super scared anytime I get a FiR quest item. At least with the 'get quest item and extract' type quests, the quest item is always there, even if others have also gone and gotten the quest item before you. With the 'find X in raid' quests you're never guaranteed that the item is there, and someone could easily get them before you. If they wanted to encourage more rat-like gameplay, they've succeeded, but personally I don't find that very fun.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ThePineapple posted:

Somehow I managed to find two flash drives very early on (and extracted with them for the FiR), but have yet to find any gas analyzers.

On the FiR change, I agree that removing hatchlings is a move towards how the game was 'meant' to be played and generally provides a better in-raid experience. However on the other end, the most noticeable impact of the change for me is that makes me play super scared anytime I get a FiR quest item. At least with the 'get quest item and extract' type quests, the quest item is always there, even if others have also gone and gotten the quest item before you. With the 'find X in raid' quests you're never guaranteed that the item is there, and someone could easily get them before you. If they wanted to encourage more rat-like gameplay, they've succeeded, but personally I don't find that very fun.

quest rewards count as fir now and theres at least one quest which gives you another two flash drives as a reward, i dont remember how deep in it is though.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Am I right in saying gently caress random loot and just pushing for 10 first

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Can someone confirm that you do get EXP for raiding in offline mode and that EXP screen I saw wasn't my weed fueled fever dream

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Kill All Cops posted:

Can someone confirm that you do get EXP for raiding in offline mode and that EXP screen I saw wasn't my weed fueled fever dream

You aren't even connected to the servers in offline mode, you don't get or lose anything at all

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Kill All Cops posted:

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You aren't even connected to the servers in offline mode, you don't get or lose anything at all

Yeah it just gives you what you would have made, for the sake of knowing. It isn't added to your account, like all the items you pick up or lose not being added.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Stux posted:

this guy just said "inreadable" lmao

You took a rear sight off a mosin and then advised other players not to use it because you couldn't hit anything with it.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

TTerrible posted:

You took a rear sight off a mosin and then advised other players not to use it because you couldn't hit anything with it.

LOL

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

TTerrible posted:

I can’t hit poo poo with a mosin, period. I can have all the sights and scopes and reflexes and my shots just seem to fly off into the great beyond. What the heck am I doing wrong?

Greenlit
Dec 16, 2004

A commonborn squire
takes the reins of a knightly order, and leads a wayward kingdom from the midst
of chaos. The masses yearn for a hero. I give them what they wish.

idiotsavant posted:

I can’t hit poo poo with a mosin, period. I can have all the sights and scopes and reflexes and my shots just seem to fly off into the great beyond. What the heck am I doing wrong?

Moving while shooting, shooting before you're done ADSing? What are you zeroing to, how far away is your actual target? How monstrously high is your scope over bore?

Precision shooting is the most finicky thing in the game, and precision shooting with a bolt-action is very unforgiving.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TTerrible posted:

problem?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

idiotsavant posted:

using a mosin. try an ak instead

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Greenlit posted:

Moving while shooting, shooting before you're done ADSing? What are you zeroing to, how far away is your actual target? How monstrously high is your scope over bore?

Precision shooting is the most finicky thing in the game, and precision shooting with a bolt-action is very unforgiving.
also wrt zeroing, the velocity of your ammo matters because every gun's zeroing is set to be correct for a specific "default" round, and so if you are using higher velocity ammo than that your shots will go high and if you're using lower velocity ammo your shots will go low. you can't do anything to fix this because each gun's zeroing increments just are set for a specific round, period.

luckily the difference is small with most guns at least.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

every single gun has a different zeroing with every single scope, i'd suggest getting one particular gun with one scope/sight setup and going into offline, shooting a wall from close and far range, and testing it for 5 minutes, and then practicing that setup for a while in epic PvP

just gotta know which sights shoot high, low and left.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Holding your breath also helps out a lot for steadying your aim.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
The mosin is one of the best guns in the game for its price and availability. Especially combined with the fact that Prapor LL1 sells both the mosin and LPS Gzh for extremely cheap. It's been my go-to budget gun this wipe so far; literally the only place it isn't great is in super close range combat like in dorms or factory, and even then it's a respectable weapon.

Your game plan is simply to hit their thorax, which should generally one-shot people. Take time to aim shots. Even with iron sights I've found it to be very accurate and never have any issues. If you hipfire, or if you try to ADS and shoot immediately, you'll probably miss or hit the stomach or something. The thorax is probably smaller than you're imagining and many center-mass shots end up being stomach hits, so aim at the top of their body.

Edit - re zeroing talk, I had read somewhere that guns are zeroed based on the type of ammo initially loaded in them (so if you change ammo mid-raid it may not be zeroed properly), but can't confirm. I've personally never had that many noticeable zeroing related issues, just click heads.

ThePineapple fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jun 2, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

So the first 2 days I wasn't able to really sustain labs as the price of armor and weapons was so low compared to the then cost of 250-300k per keycard, but now I'm able to now that full SLICKs aren't selling for 80k and keycards are down to 120k.

I usually alternate lab runs and scav runs, and try and make my labs runs take just enough time for my next scav run to be up, I'm sustaining and amassing quite a bit of profit.

VSS/ASVAL is my weapon of choice in labs but god drat it's so expensive i'm open to other choices.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The key to using a mosin is to take off the front sight so you can use the rear sight to reliably zero up to 200 meters out. The closer you are the more you cup their heads in the rear sight, at 150-200 you should be aiming for their scalp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AKE4LBVp3Y

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 2, 2020

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Also lol this wipe it is so easy to make money right now. I'm sitting at lv 10 and 1.2 million rubles just because I haven't been dying so much and once you hit flea market it's easy to sell a bunch of 'okay' common mods for like 5-10x their value! Wow!

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

Toalpaz posted:

Also lol this wipe it is so easy to make money right now. I'm sitting at lv 10 and 1.2 million rubles just because I haven't been dying so much and once you hit flea market it's easy to sell a bunch of 'okay' common mods for like 5-10x their value! Wow!

I’ve been purposely hoarding everything I can get my hands on to dump on the flea when I hit 10. Halfway through level 8 today but I haven’t had as much time to play during the week.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

It's always this way though. The only change is that virtually everything has value right now. Whereas pre-wipe most things were reasonably priced with a few choice things being absolutely bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017

ThePineapple posted:

The mosin is one of the best guns in the game for its price and availability. Especially combined with the fact that Prapor LL1 sells both the mosin and LPS Gzh for extremely cheap. It's been my go-to budget gun this wipe so far; literally the only place it isn't great is in super close range combat like in dorms or factory, and even then it's a respectable weapon.

Your game plan is simply to hit their thorax, which should generally one-shot people. Take time to aim shots. Even with iron sights I've found it to be very accurate and never have any issues. If you hipfire, or if you try to ADS and shoot immediately, you'll probably miss or hit the stomach or something. The thorax is probably smaller than you're imagining and many center-mass shots end up being stomach hits, so aim at the top of their body.

Edit - re zeroing talk, I had read somewhere that guns are zeroed based on the type of ammo initially loaded in them (so if you change ammo mid-raid it may not be zeroed properly), but can't confirm. I've personally never had that many noticeable zeroing related issues, just click heads.

I sort of have to disagree, at least for the time being.

Back in late wipe when I first started the game, the Mosin definitely was my go-to because most PMCs were running 3-4+ armour and you absolutely needed thge LPS Gzh to penetrate. I'd say though right now, early wipe, most people are running level 2 PACAs or even nothing, so the tradeoff between high pen and bolt-action isn't worth it for the time being. I'm sure it'll only take a few weeks for this to change, but you're probably better off with a SKS with 7.62 PS for now so you have semi-auto. I've already ran into moslings in Woods at mid-distance and all I had to do was close in and rapid-fire to take him out.

I'm sure this period will last for maybe one more week until everyone's thicc and sweaty, but for the time being its really great to be doing a different playstyle, especially factory runs right now are pleasant because of the pistol-runners, and nighttime raids are a blast and havent been ruined by thermals (yet). I've been finding sneaky quests or killing scavs to be best on nighttime.