Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Sir Tonk posted:

if im drinking bud light at 103 someone had better kill me

when you are that old you can’t taste anything anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

err posted:

Anyone remember the covid taskforce lmfao

we never got those loving drive up tests in CVS parking lot run by a google website, lmao

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Tim Apple, why would you betray us like this?

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Reddbrouw posted:

Hospitals are figuring out better action plans and achieving better outcomes.

I believe this might play a small part. as physicians treat more Covid patients they are learning how to better manage the disease. in combination with more widespread testing for mild cases I think that graph is plausible. of course, hiding some of the deaths helps too

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
This is so disgustingly depraved
https://twitter.com/sarahkliff/status/1267160603589849088

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I bet they outright lie about what the insurance compaby paid.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what excellent savings!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Scarodactyl posted:

Yeah AFAIK the raw cost to the health care provider for a covid-19 test from a major testing provider like Quest is about $100.

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
the 9k is 100% funny money

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scarodactyl posted:

yeah more like the insurance company negotiate down the cost while still leaving enough to gently caress you over.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Sir Tonk posted:

The only way I'm drinking bud light at 103 is if the warphan that cannibalized me and mounted my skull on his gorig pours one on me in celebration.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Sir Tonk posted:

If I'm alive at 103 pls kill me.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

nooneofconsequence posted:

i dunno it's pretty loving cool being alive for the 1918 plagues and 2020 plagues. if you could live long enough for the 2119 super space plague, that'd be cool

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's not really a black swan if Bush predicted it. Like, he apparently just read a book that pointed out that plagues seemed to happen in 100 years cycles, then put 1918 and 100 together and realized another would be coming up soon. That's the exact opposite of a black swan really.

Not to mention the WHO putting the coronavirus family on a priority list of viruses that could potentially cross over from animals to humans and should be the focus of research efforts. Plus the countries that had a practice run with SARS Mk I doing much better generally than those that didn’t.

This was entirely predictable and could be prepared for to a certain extent, it’s just that a lot of places didn’t bother.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Eh, I mean by the time I get my coat on and get the car started...

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I mean if the roni obliterates your taste and smell you might as well drink a fizzy liquid that doesn't disappoint you

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bip Roberts posted:

I mean if the roni obliterates your taste and smell you might as well drink a fizzy liquid that doesn't disappoint you

Alcohol gets you drunk even if you cant taste it. When your old and cant taste might as well drink what works.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

No, but people in good health do far better than those with uncontrolled morbidities.

How do you explain the zero fatalities among our politicians? Genuinely curious. If you think it's because they managed to keep from being exposed somehow, sure I could accept that. But lol if you're calling me a loving idiot when there's people ITT who are convinced that the politicians have some top-secret COVID cure

The country has hundreds of thousands of tests a day and only 20-30k come back positive. Testing has gotten less restrictive now but those have been the numbers for months when you needed to be symptomatic to get nose hosed. Which prolly means the people with enough power have been getting tested two times a day just because. You sure as poo poo didn't read about Rand Paul feeling unwell and deciding he needed to be tested.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/elemental/status/1267119897735290880

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Alcohol gets you drunk even if you cant taste it. When your old and cant taste might as well drink what works.

The woman is probably 85lbs with body fat like 1%. Bud Light is probably the only thing that she can drink that won't get her completely obliterated after a couple sips.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

“A respiratory virus infecting blood cells and circulating through the body is virtually unheard of.”

oh, great.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
got my KN95 masks today. they feel so much safer than the cheap poo poo I was using before. how many times do you think I can wash and reuse them with hot soapy water?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
do kn95s use the same static technology that N95s do? because if that’s the case you shouldn’t wash it, getting wet removes the static charge it uses to catch small particles

put it in a box and wait 4 days, any virus it collected and caught will be dead by then

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no idea but I’m told they’re similar to N95

I’ll do the box thing next, thanks

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I think you can just leave em in the sun or something.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

been in the cool zone, I'm assuming we're past the virus now?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Virus has been defeated by systemic racism and oppression in the US. Congrats everyone.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Virus has been defeated by systemic racism and oppression in the US. Congrats everyone.

I heard the police knelt on roni's neck until it couldn't breathe.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Yeah read another story last week that there's some mounting evidence that Covid-19 is particularly deadly across all age ranges because it's not just a respiratory disease. If the lungs take enough damage and burst blood vessels, it gets into your blood stream and infects your red blood cells. Then it travels all over your body contributing to random degrees of organ failure.

Still inconclusive, because we still know so little about Covid-19, but it would explain why it's so deadly to perfectly healthy people at complete random. It's very concerning because it would be the first case of a virus of this kind, leaving a lot more possibilities for it to evolve into much deadlier strains nobody can predict.

Just in case anybody thought this roller coaster was slowing down anytime soon lol

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

the fact that the current rallying cry is "i can't breath" kinda fucks me up

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

Welcome to the cool zone bitchh

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

What the gently caress

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Wrong thread!

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

i wonder what being drunk at 103 years feels like

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
ask a glass of wine :downsrim:

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Weak rear end virus ceded ground so quickly to rioters.

No wonder Trump crushed the pandemic

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

works as both a covid and police protest slogan

e: o i thought this was the cool zone thread, :thejoke:'d myself

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wonder what the local Belgian opinion is on that prince who went to a party in Spain and brought back the virus? He said he was sorry but uhh...its not like he flew to another country by accident or without anyone else knowing and approving it, right?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Being a royal in some low key country like Belgium is probably ideal. I assume it's a life of endless wealth and privilege but nobody really gives a poo poo about what you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Steve Yun posted:

do kn95s use the same static technology that N95s do? because if that’s the case you shouldn’t wash it, getting wet removes the static charge it uses to catch small particles

put it in a box and wait 4 days, any virus it collected and caught will be dead by then

What? I've seen papers on Google Scholar talk about how washing N95's in peroxide and drying them is one of the most effective methods at cleaning them without reducing their future particulate filtering capacity.