Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ALways this thread :negative:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

You monster :negative:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm getting goose bumps

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RandomFerret posted:

I'm getting goose bumps

Narrator: It was herpes

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Goose herpes? Sounds less than ideal.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

What's happened to his weird glass condom?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Premature ejection

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Paladinus posted:

What's happened to his weird glass condom?

It got too in the way of his ejaculation

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I gotta say I enjoy how many of the teen heartthrob hardbody actors from the 80s have turned into goofy droopy olds

That evil armored supervillain guy with the jowls in the last Jay & Silent Bob movie -- holy poo poo Val Kilmer

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Data Graham posted:

I gotta say I enjoy how many of the teen heartthrob hardbody actors from the 80s have turned into goofy droopy olds

That evil armored supervillain guy with the jowls in the last Jay & Silent Bob movie -- holy poo poo Val Kilmer

it will happen to you too

though without the first part

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Val Kilmer had it too good too soon. He could sing/dance/act and looked good...it takes a toll on you.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Then there are guys like Huge Jacked Man who still look good at 51 years old

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Then there are guys like Huge Jacked Man who still look good at 51 years old

huge jacked man is in pretty good shape, yeah, being a gym teacher and all, but keep in mind that all beefcake hollywood actors these days have digital muscles inserted and wrinkles deleted in post production. They don't like to talk about it, but it's true

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

huge jacked man is in pretty good shape, yeah, being a gym teacher and all, but keep in mind that all beefcake hollywood actors these days have digital muscles inserted and wrinkles deleted in post production. They don't like to talk about it, but it's true

Also they do the horrible water thing where to get that look they completely dehydrate their bodies which is apparently very bad for you and feels like utter poo poo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Sure but

I mean

Dude is 50 years old and still looks good without any hollywood trickery;

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Sure but

I mean

HGH is in fact hollywood trickery, sorry.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

LifeSunDeath posted:

bingo

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/Iwo2wOu.gifv

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Did you see that, Zach?! Dickbutt... in the coffee!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

I can go out and buy HGH, how am I going to get a bunch of CGI done to me when I'm walking around

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Zzulu posted:

Sure but

I mean

The king will always be Christian Bale for going from American Psycho cut and chiseled to The Machinist 130 lbs and bone skinny to having to drop 15lbs because he bulked up TOO much for Batman. He wasn't that old but still in the span of a few years he went from ripped to gaunt to massive. Being able to hire personal trainers / chefs / nutritionists is incredible for these kind of bodies.
(Also reportedly his diet for The Machinist was an apple and cigarettes).

edit: With the help of a personal trainer, Bale succeeded in meeting the deadline, gaining a total of 7 stone 2 pounds (45 kg; 100 lb) in six months. He went from 8 st 9 lb (55 kg; 121 lb) to 15 st 11 lb (100 kg; 221 lb). Discovering that he had gained more weight than the director desired, he dropped 2 stone 2 pounds (14 kg; 30 lb) by the time filming began. :stare:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Lobsterboy posted:

The king will always be Christian Bale for going from American Psycho cut and chiseled to The Machinist 130 lbs and bone skinny to having to drop 15lbs because he bulked up TOO much for Batman. He wasn't that old but still in the span of a few years he went from ripped to gaunt to massive. Being able to hire personal trainers / chefs / nutritionists is incredible for these kind of bodies.

He had to drop a ton of weight to play racecar driver Ken Miles in Ford V. Ferrari and said that he pretty much just didn't eat for a few months.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

canyoneer posted:

He had to drop a ton of weight to play racecar driver Ken Miles in Ford V. Ferrari and said that he pretty much just didn't eat for a few months.

which was AFTER he gained 40 pounds to play dick cheney. dude's a monster.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

But if he's a goat fondler then he definitely diddles kids.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Lobsterboy posted:

All of that, and also steroids.

Literally any time you hear about an actor bulking up lean for a role there's gear involved, guaranteed. The dead giveaways are how they talk about having only one (or zero) rest day a week, and the timeframe (usually less than a year) just doesn't add up. There are also some physical cues (some people still disagree on this though, genetics is a factor) like giant, full-looking shoulders and traps, since those muscle groups have loads of androgen receptors in them and respond more readily to the treatment.

This isn't to discount the very hard work they're doing at all. Gear isn't really 'cheat codes' (HGH kind of is), in fact the only people who can physically work that hard with little rest are the ones using. It's massive dedication, consistency, hard work and nutrition, but it's also steroids. And it's not just the guys in their 50s either; Kumail Nanjiani? Deffo using. Basically all of Hollywood is using in some form or another, and the charade keeps up because of the massive stigma around hormone therapy and I guess the fact that they're still technically illegal in most places.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Mister Speaker posted:

All of that, and also steroids.

Literally any time you hear about an actor bulking up lean for a role there's gear involved, guaranteed. The dead giveaways are how they talk about having only one (or zero) rest day a week, and the timeframe (usually less than a year) just doesn't add up. There are also some physical cues (some people still disagree on this though, genetics is a factor) like giant, full-looking shoulders and traps, since those muscle groups have loads of androgen receptors in them and respond more readily to the treatment.

This isn't to discount the very hard work they're doing at all. Gear isn't really 'cheat codes' (HGH kind of is), in fact the only people who can physically work that hard with little rest are the ones using. It's massive dedication, consistency, hard work and nutrition, but it's also steroids. And it's not just the guys in their 50s either, Kumail Nanjiani? Deffo using. Basically all of Hollywood is using in some form or another, and the charade keeps up because of the massive stigma around hormone therapy.

Oh, 1000% extremely possible dude was using, but still its loving weird to see all of the ways hes bulked and cut. Like the other person said he also bulked fat to play Cheney then dropped it again for a race driver.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Also Christian Bale will probably die earlier because of some organ failure.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah watching all these dudes hit 60-80 is gonna be interesting

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah watching all these dudes hit 60-80 is gonna be interesting

They are rich. They will live forever and always look better than everyone else.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Oh I don't mean die earlier than you and me.

I just mean die earlier than Betty White, bless her immortal soul.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'm fairly certain those hollywood star cement block thingers are where the important celebrities hide their phylactery

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Lobsterboy posted:

edit: With the help of a personal trainer, Bale succeeded in meeting the deadline, gaining a total of 7 stone 2 pounds (45 kg; 100 lb) in six months. He went from 8 st 9 lb (55 kg; 121 lb) to 15 st 11 lb (100 kg; 221 lb). Discovering that he had gained more weight than the director desired, he dropped 2 stone 2 pounds (14 kg; 30 lb) by the time filming began. :stare:

King of my heart doing all that but also just poo poo you are at so much risk don't ever do that, no one do this.

HGH is super prevalent but whatever Bale did just frankly, no

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bale lives forever in da movies

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

mds2 posted:

They are rich. They will live forever and always look better than everyone else.

Dolph Lundgren is 62, and is dating a 24 year old

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Dolph is a miracle of humanity, he has the mind like a laser, and a body like a steel foundry. And not to mention, so much class!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

canyoneer posted:

I'm 69 and dating a 420 year old.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It's all this^ plus the roids (he's said something coy about them like "I won't get into the science, but higher than normal testosterone is just my cross to bear")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfdGd31gNjI