Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Trump
This poll is closed.
Trump 94 0.22%
Toop 115 0.27%
Trno 109 0.25%
Tumble 109 0.25%
Torp 42163 98.21%
Treep 106 0.25%
Truro 112 0.26%
Traml 122 0.28%
Total: 637 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that is a major disciplinary violation
in some places it’s immediate discharge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
omaha mayor jean stothert: "hopefully we will get through this and get back to peaceful days once again"

:ok:

police went door to door asking every business to shut down and board up

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

D1E posted:

Serious question: what would regular Army troops deployed to America's inner cities actually do in response to violent protests/looting?

Shoot people

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

D1E posted:

Serious question: what would regular Army troops deployed to America's inner cities actually do in response to violent protests/looting?

i mean ...... do you want a list of scenarios

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

lmoa there's a lady on Twitter selling foot pics with all the proceeds going to the protester bail fund.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
this is fine

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

I'm sure this little snafu will go over well.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

zone status: extremely cool, from the standpoint of coolness

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/us/politics/trump-protests-george-floyd.html

quote:

Robert C. O’Brien, the president’s national security adviser, said the president would continue “to take a strong stand for law and order” even as he understood the anger over Mr. Floyd’s death.

“We want peaceful protesters who have real concerns about brutality and racism. They need to be able to go to the city hall. They need to be able to petition their government and let their voices be heard,” Mr. O’Brien said on “State of the Union” on CNN. “And they can’t be hijacked by these left-wing antifa militants who are burning down primarily communities in the African-American sections and the Hispanic sections of our city.”

These terrible riots are impeding people's ability to wait in line and be ignored by the same govt who keeps sending out racist death squads to kill them in the streets and often in their own homes and we cannot stand for that!

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

has there been anyone bothering to contradict my shiny wet boy's sudden (& yet somehow subtle) insistence saying that he controls the national guard

MOIST MAN: "we'll send you National Guard if you want it,"

just the fashy water we're frogs in getting hotter, i guess

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Weird I can't believe it was a bad idea to allow cops to decide when their body cams are on or off.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

VectorSigma posted:

zone status: extremely cool, from the standpoint of coolness

lmao it's just gonna flood the poo poo out of southern Mexico for a week, head out into the gulf to power up, and then go who the gently caress knows where

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/kira_lerner/status/1267562464847282178

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

juche avocado posted:

has there been anyone bothering to contradict my shiny wet boy's sudden (& yet somehow subtle) insistence saying that he controls the national guard

MOIST MAN: "we'll send you National Guard if you want it,"

just the fashy water we're frogs in getting hotter, i guess

I've been very confused by his constant possessive references to the national Guard because I had always assumed it was state governors that controlled guard units.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Asproigerosis posted:

Weird I can't believe it was a bad idea to allow cops to decide when their body cams are on or off.

Supposedly in Seattle there's a policy that disallows police from recording protests in any way as a civil liberty measure. It's just a major coincidence that it also allows them to brutalize those same protests with impunity.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/raleighpolice/status/1267275513627893760?s=19

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 354 days!
ICE Ts twitter voice is just ripe for parody............bitch.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

D1E posted:

their expectation is that the antifa terrorists will either get scared and run away from our brave troops who are macho real men or shoot at the troops which will let the troops fire back and solve the problem

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

It's truly amazing how many people earnestly brag about being this way nowadays. I mean it's always been a high falutin' way to try and sound good for not really giving a poo poo about anything but maybe a few of your own pet issues and refusing to take a stance on those even, but it's been such a cliché for so long I figure they'd come up with some other way of saying it at least.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

D1E posted:

when the national guard was deployed in tulsa, oklahoma about a hundred years back they firebombed the black part of town

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's truly amazing how many people earnestly brag about being this way nowadays. I mean it's always been a high falutin' way to try and sound good for not really giving a poo poo about anything but maybe a few of your own pet issues and refusing to take a stance on those even, but it's been such a cliché for so long I figure they'd come up with some other way of saying it at least.

ah centrism

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

but both the Democrats and Republicans are bad.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

you're amazed people take the easy way out huh

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Gripweed posted:

lmoa there's a lady on Twitter selling foot pics with all the proceeds going to the protester bail fund.

not all heroes wear shoes

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/IfyNwadiwe/status/1267539178985672705

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

DryGoods posted:

is this a limerick?

idiot
fool

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

My brain is pulsing, pounding, throbbing like a hot air balloon

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

brands!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Did you guys miss out on Ice-T saying the protests and riots are cool and good and he's happy that people are sick of the poo poo already? Cause that followed by this tweet is extremely CSPAM thought

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
smh who never heard Presidents Of The United States

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
omaha mayor jean stothert: "as mayor i have never had the power to press charges and i never will"

translation: "you need to speak to a different manager"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Last Chance posted:

you're amazed people take the easy way out huh

I'm amazed they bother to talk so much about how they don't care about anything, and that they do it in the same tired rear end way that they have been for at least 20 years. Just be normal and don't talk about things you don't care about like everyone else.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Stunning Honky posted:

smh who never heard Presidents Of The United States

i did a parody of that song in this thread like 2 years ago lol

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Who makes up this omniscient Greek chorus of aides that are a) Donald Trump's side, b) knowledgeable of, and c) receptive to the real conditions of the protestors enough to bring it up with him?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

so I guess the police will leave their guns at home, right

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Did you guys miss out on Ice-T saying the protests and riots are cool and good and he's happy that people are sick of the poo poo already? Cause that followed by this tweet is extremely CSPAM thought

yeah I'm genuinely baffled that people in C-SPAM of all places are finding fault with "both the Democrats and Republicans are bad"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

kaleedity posted:

when the national guard was deployed in tulsa, oklahoma about a hundred years back they firebombed the black part of town

national guard is different from the real army. national guard are the weekend warriors. their job is mostly to get called in and stand around after natural disasters so the government can look like it's doing something

they also were called in to shoot at strikers in the 1800s and college kids at kent state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

D1E posted:

if the iraq war is any indicator, build some high security fortifications with on-site Subway and Dominoes, then kinda do whatever from there