Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Randalor posted:

Oh man, does this mean I'm going to get two of them? My mom passed away November of 2018, my dad passed away last September, but they both had 2018 income taxes and he was the sole beneficiary and executor of her estate, and I'm the sole beneficiary and executor of his estate. Yes, there have been things from her estate that I've had to deal with as the Executor of the Executor of the Estate.

sorry to hear youre going through that right now of all times. at least two of those cheque will hopefully goto someone who needs them right now(you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Slavers used to blame plantation revolts on outside agitators.

That's how long they've been using that tactic.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

please lets not try to draw parallels that don't exist between the stop murdercops riots in the US and the Vancouver lost the ice hockey tournament again riots

jfc

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Juul-Whip posted:

please lets not try to draw parallels that don't exist between the stop murdercops riots in the US and the Vancouver lost the ice hockey tournament again riots

jfc

Oh I have completely given up on that train of thought. But I was dismissive of the riots at the time with no critical thought at all and I'm trying to make sure I'm not doing that as much as I used to.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

right, ya. there were some thinkpieces in places like Rabble or TheTyee that explored the role of capitalist alienation or toxic masculinity or what-have-you simmering under the service and I agree those factors played a role but ultimately these were just attempts to make sense of the senselessness.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/CoryCorreia/status/1267262267109732352

see you there tomorrow

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/canadianpolling/status/1267485831218049024?s=21

get hosed scheer you melting mayo faced gently caress

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you can't make me believe that 35% of people have an opinion on Jo-Ann Roberts

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
who?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

you can't make me believe that 35% of people have an opinion on Jo-Ann Roberts

i did the survey, you get a prompt that asks "opinion of federal green party leader jo-ann roberts" along with the very positive, somewhat positive, neutral, somewhat negative, very negative

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Had to lookup Blanchet and Roberts, goes to show how little anyone, including the media, gives a poo poo about federal politics lately.

Scheer being that universally hated is cool and good, but a little surprised at the Bloc being top there. Guess they're the only party pandering to their voter base on the regular.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

conservatives are talking about how they want to draft Stephen Harper to run again. You idiots, that was the entire point of Andrew Scheer! Stephen Harper's own handpicked and groomed successor!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Isizzlehorn posted:

Had to lookup Blanchet and Roberts, goes to show how little anyone, including the media, gives a poo poo about federal politics lately.

Scheer being that universally hated is cool and good, but a little surprised at the Bloc being top there. Guess they're the only party pandering to their voter base on the regular.

the blanchet numbers are québec-only and he's v visible in québec media, both in his role as bloc leader and before that. he was a political commentator on tv four days a week

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Juul-Whip posted:

conservatives are talking about how they want to draft Stephen Harper to run again. You idiots, that was the entire point of Andrew Scheer! Stephen Harper's own handpicked and groomed successor!

I think the point of Scheer is that Harper eliminated any possible successor with a thread of competence since they could have been a threat, and Scheer was what he was left with

since Scheer was a bit too milquetoast for even Canadian politics, they are replacing him with O'Toole for the next round

did you know he was in the RCAF???? he will be big strong leader we need during the scary times

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
boy i sure wish I could vote for someone who used to be in the rcaf, are there any candidates out there trying to appeal to a simple humble voter like me

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

vyelkin posted:

boy i sure wish I could vote for someone who used to be in the rcaf, are there any candidates out there trying to appeal to a simple humble voter like me
pmselfie got training in repeatedly falling about ten feet again and again he used to do it as a party trick!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Arivia posted:

pmselfie got training in repeatedly falling about ten feet again and again he used to do it as a party trick!

wow sounds ilke he belongs in the parachute regiment!!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

vyelkin posted:

wow sounds ilke he belongs in the parachute regiment!!

more like parachuting out of making canadians lives worse, heh heh

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:robble:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 05:03 on Jun 20, 2021

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:sigh:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 05:04 on Jun 20, 2021

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Rick Mercer maybe?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
rick mercer seems like a huge lib

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

eric ciaramella posted:

rick mercer seems like a huge lib

hes totally a huge lib, like half his "rants" were just about how we need more decorum in our lives

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Didn't he do a rant about how quebec should support the pipeline? lmao

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btEXTlgSUCE

with just the most insulting "y'all are spoiled brats" framing, too

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
He also goes to bat for Ezra Levant at every possible opportunity

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

https://twitter.com/SteveSaretsky/status/1267547574711365632?s=19

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos
8.3 million is pretty crazy, in the "there's no way that many people actually qualify" sense.

Heard some suggestions (twitter, not personal contacts) that the CRA was looking to modify the T4 form for this year to potentially include monthly "hours worked" boxes.

No burden to anyone using payroll software, though would suck for the small enough businesses who foolishly do them by hand.

If they're allowed to cross reference Service Canada's ROE "reason for leaving", there go a bunch more... But in practice, I guess it's still an interest free loan so why not?

(To say nothing of the free 10k for every single Canadian corporation with anyone on payroll.)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

or, a snitch line
https://twitter.com/ChrisGNardi/status/1267617162757312514

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/petermackay/status/1267601394942513152?s=21

what the gently caress is with conservatives and milk

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

dairy lobby carries a lot of weight...

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

It's literally white power code poo poo.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

apatheticman posted:

Pandering to dairy farmers is 10000x more important in canada so any white power message is ancillary

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

love the subtle schilling of You Can Play to show that he is progressive, but like, in the smallest way possible

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

apatheticman posted:

plz explain :stare: i gotta know

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
An altright meme a few years ago was drinking milk or posing with pictures of milk. The white supremacist idea behind it was that only white people could tolerate lactose, but this was obviously untrue so people called them morons until they stopped doing it. for the record, any ethnic group that herds cows or sheep has high lactose tolerance, so africans like the Fulani or Mongols can do it

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006
When you get a government sanctioned cartel and can charge everyone double for a staple food, you end up with a lot of money left over to bribe all the politicians into keeping the cartel going.

Conservative voters just hate him now because the party didn't win. Their leadership convention could pick a carbon copy of Scheer and he'd be at 20% net favourability immediately.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Hey friends I know I keep asking dumb questions, but with all that's happening down south I need to stare into the abyss and recognize that my country has its own problems that need addressing.

Problem is I have no idea where to start looking. I know I want to start looking into NLM and I already passively support BLM TO (gotta step up my game on that one), but I still have rose-tinted glasses about most of Canada.

So, with full understanding that you're not here to expend labour on me, does anyone have any good additional resources to explain how we suck and how we can do better?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Renaissance Spam posted:

Hey friends I know I keep asking dumb questions, but with all that's happening down south I need to stare into the abyss and recognize that my country has its own problems that need addressing.

Problem is I have no idea where to start looking. I know I want to start looking into NLM and I already passively support BLM TO (gotta step up my game on that one), but I still have rose-tinted glasses about most of Canada.

So, with full understanding that you're not here to expend labour on me, does anyone have any good additional resources to explain how we suck and how we can do better?

I'm too lazy to find the article that surrounds this, but its a pretty good summary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I'm too lazy to find the article that surrounds this, but its a pretty good summary.

Jesus Christ.

Welp I'm a horrible human being for ignoring this. Time to start reaching out to my Status friends.