Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I've realized there are four things I want in a Hitman 3 mission:

1. A building painter's outfit
2. Several cans of different colors of paint, spread throughout the level
3. A sheer wall of rock
4. A target who tries to escape in a sportscar

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dabir posted:

I recorded and subtitled this one myself a couple of years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-IH0kgAeu0
There's still a couple of words I can't quite catch.

Holy poo poo I had no idea there was more to the conversation, or that she was his mother. Thank you!

Discendo Vox posted:

I've realized there are four things I want in a Hitman 3 mission:

Achievement name: You're despicable.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Hold F to push anvil.

New Intel Item: Hunting Season Notice.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The fireworks opportunity in Paris is the ultimate ode to Looney Tunes. I mean, has there ever been a point where Margolis actually connects with Novikov? Why does the camera move away and focus on it instead of having a PiP when both of them lay on the ground?

Is it one of those Slam Dunk situations where it got broken in the transition to Hitman 2?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Mierenneuker posted:

The fireworks opportunity in Paris is the ultimate ode to Looney Tunes. I mean, has there ever been a point where Margolis actually connects with Novikov?

They connect when I push her over the balcony onto him.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The_Doctor posted:

They connect when I push her over the balcony onto him.

Okay, I could have worded that better. When you push her, does she fall in a way that it looks like she's going to hit a person right underneath her?

For this screenshot I pushed her from an angle at her right side and yet she still ragdolled towards her right on the way down. She always does. It's a video game, but that is not the direction you'd expect her to tilt when falling.

It's obvious that it's setup in a way that I always kill Viktor, but the physics never convince me that Dalia actually hit him.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
They don't show the impact because there is not in fact an impact. Dalia's body just falls according to the randomish physics of pushing people and then the game autokills Viktor and moves their bodies together.

It's similar to the "push Robert onto Sierra's car" thing in Miami, where you don't actually have to time it in such a way that Robert actually connects with the vehicle. Miami scripts it better though, to make it more visually plausible, basically starting a cutscene as soon as you push Robert and having him fall (and Sierra's car be located) where necessary to ensure the animation makes sense.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Mierenneuker posted:

Okay, I could have worded that better. When you push her, does she fall in a way that it looks like she's going to hit a person right underneath her?

For this screenshot I pushed her from an angle at her right side and yet she still ragdolled towards her right on the way down. She always does. It's a video game, but that is not the direction you'd expect her to tilt when falling.

It's obvious that it's setup in a way that I always kill Viktor, but the physics never convince me that Dalia actually hit him.

This screenshot makes me wish that Hitman had the same bug as Yakuza Kiwami 2 where high frame rates lead to wacky physics. If you're over 60fps on the PC version, ragdolls go flying down the street from your punches and kicks.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'm almost finished with main mission stuff in Mumbai and I gotta say I really hate how the game rubs itself raw over Wazir Kale. Dude monologues more than a Far Cry villain, with none of the critiques the other characters get. Love 2 have an achievement just for finding his discarded autobiography drafts scattered all over the map.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I was disappointed that they weren't tangible items I could throw at his head.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

What are your motives?:
The Maelstrom: :umberto:
The Shadow Client: Revenge :effort:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I think the punchline with the Maelstrom is that he does have PLANS and MOTIVES and WOOO going on and then you slit his throat while he's talking in a barbershop. Or shoot him or whatever. Dude is READY to do stuff and nope, blotted out by a random assassin before he can do anything of note to the wider world. You never hear of him before this mission and you never hear of him afterwards.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

..... goddamnit, by killing him we ended the timeline where we could've had a Far Cry set in India!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Don't get me started on Lucas Grey, that Gary Stu motherfucker. All the man's missing is a devil wing and a halo.

btw, I've noticed that the planned location for the Ark domes is the same as the ICA training center. The Sgail and Mumbai missions also seed several names of new potential targets in side covos I'd not heard before.

StrixNebulosa posted:

..... goddamnit, by killing him we ended the timeline where we could've had a Far Cry set in India!

It's ok, they woulda hosed it up somehow anyways.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jun 4, 2020

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

As Nakar noted, they don’t actually connect, the game just uses camera tricks and scripting to fudge it. This is partially because the ragdoll physics are too non-deterministic to guarantee that she’ll actually land on Novikov, but also because even if you’re lucky and recreate that in another scenario, pushing someone over a ledge onto someone else doesn’t kill the person on the ground. So for scenarios like that and pushing Robert Knox onto Sierra’s car they have to do specific scripted things.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Discendo Vox posted:

btw, I've noticed that the planned location for the Ark domes is the same as the ICA training center.

The final tutorial is clearly set inside a dome. I don’t know why the richest people in the world would need to save money on construction costs, but whatever.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

they didn't get rich by not being cheap motherfuckers

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The ICA training is in a disused rocket silo, iirc

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Discendo Vox posted:

The ICA training is in a disused rocket silo, iirc

I always feel bad for all the party boat guest cosplayers in the tutorial. They must be so cold.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Mzbundifund posted:

I always feel bad for all the party boat guest cosplayers in the tutorial. They must be so cold.

I have so many questions about those people. What are they told? Assuming they’re flown in, from where? Just how does that all work logistically?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

I have so many questions about those people. What are they told? Assuming they’re flown in, from where? Just how does that all work logistically?

Iirc they're all contracted actors flown in from abroad for a period of work at the facility. There's a conversation among a couple of them in the work area at the bottom of the boat that gets into some of it when one of them whispers to the other "hey, that guy that just walked past, he's the trainee, right?"

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Discendo Vox posted:

Iirc they're all contracted actors flown in from abroad for a period of work at the facility. There's a conversation among a couple of them in the work area at the bottom of the boat that gets into some of it when one of them whispers to the other "hey, that guy that just walked past, he's the trainee, right?"
I choose to believe the ICA just have the weirdest mandatory corporate events.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Hunt and (pretend) murder your coworkers is the only team building exercise I can get behind.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Reminder that “Pay that stuntman a bonus!” is the name for the challenge where you eliminate Kalvin Ritter with a remote explosive.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Fancy a slightly different lockdown hobby? How about a 1000 piece jigsaw set of Sapienza!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HUADADA-Pieces-Jigsaw-Puzzles-Jigsaws/dp/B08395DPBQ

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:siren: :siren: :siren:

hitman 3 just announced on the ps5 stream

january 2021

:siren: :siren: :siren:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

HITMAN III ANNNOUNCED :siren: :toot:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

January 2021 gently caress yes!

It's not PS5 exclusive, is it? :ohdear:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Hitman 3 looks real, real good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUsLwNjoelY

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Was that their version of the Burj Al Arab that 47 climbs? :vince:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

gently caress yeah! I was afraid that they were gonna can it after bad sales of 2.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

reactions:

- gently caress YES

- AAAAAAAAAAAAa

- JANUARY THAT'S NOT TOO FAR AWAY

- please GOD don't be a PS5 exclusive

and

Jack Trades posted:

gently caress yeah! I was afraid that they were gonna can it after bad sales of 2.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

It's not PS5 exclusive, if it was Sony would have boasted about it.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

January 2021 gently caress yes!

It's not PS5 exclusive, is it? :ohdear:

So excited and than you asked now I'm scared. I semi can't believe it would be. Wasn't Steam sales crazy for W?

I haven't owned a console since N64 and I don't plan on starting now.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

yessssssss

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Veotax posted:

It's not PS5 exclusive, if it was Sony would have boasted about it.

I think the trailers for 1 and 2 were shown as part of Sony events too.

I have watched this trailer dozens of times since then. Still one of the best cinematic trailers ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVqxMCZ3u6k

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 11, 2020

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Yessssssssssssss!

Gonna spoiler block the possible locations seen in the trailer for those who don't want to know. These are just my best guesses:

- A temperate forest/tree plantation at night
- Burj Khalifa, UAE
- A nightclub
- Country manor (UK?)
- Neon lit Asian street (English street markings - Hong Kong?)
- Another manor, different lighting to first (Tuscany?)

Further baseless speculation: a lot of these seem reminiscent of maps from older games: Beldingford manor from contracts, Petronas towers and the Italian villa from HM2SA, HK from OG Hitman, there's been a few nightclub missions... Could be something, could just be inevitable given how widely traveled ol' Tobias is at this point.

Ripper Swarm fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 11, 2020

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.hitman.com/global/

quote:

HITMAN 3 is the best place to play every game in the World of Assassination trilogy. All locations from HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 can be imported and played within HITMAN 3 at no additional cost for existing owners – plus progression from HITMAN 2 is directly carried over into HITMAN 3 at launch.

cheesephone lives on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

How big is the fully installed trilogy gonna be? It's like 125GB on my PS4 for 1+2.