Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Kaal posted:

Sometimes the mountain lions escape from the DC zoo and wander around the largely residential and forested areas nearby. Exciting times!

Ours just wander down the hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Heh, there was a high speed pursuit in Long Beach and the dude actually made it to a underground parking garage and got away. He’s a lucky bastard.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

ratbert90 posted:

Heh, there was a high speed pursuit in Long Beach and the dude actually made it to a underground parking garage and got away. He’s a lucky bastard.

The guy that actually escaped the police at 5 stars

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

xcheopis posted:

Ours just wander down the hill.

yeh, imo that is probably what happened with this sighting.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

https://twitter.com/hopequkk/status/1267329233505812482

ugh

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
Eat poo poo, landlords.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/San-Francisco-Silicon-Valley-rents-saw-sharp-15307118.php

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Is it known the creators are in bad faith or is it just being assumed because BLM isn't the direct organizer?

More riots more better imo.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
It’s a screenshot on twitter so it has to be true

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Either way there absolutely should be a protest in Anaheim. The Anaheim PD is notorious for gunning down unarmed minorities. There was a riot some years ago after they killed three people in a week and unleashed K9s on protestors.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

lol riverside has declared an emergency curfew starting at 7pm. there's a protest scheduled to start at 4 let's see how that plays out

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Class Warcraft posted:

Either way there absolutely should be a protest in Anaheim. The Anaheim PD is notorious for gunning down unarmed minorities. There was a riot some years ago after they killed three people in a week and unleashed K9s on protestors.

yeah i remember this happening right down the street from me. the guy they shot and killed down the street from me was unarmed and allegedly a gang member. the thing about the local "gang" is that they don't even do anything other than vandalize put up graffiti that gets immediately taken down. nothing worth a human life. i'm in an older part of anaheim that's a little run down, but definitely not bad and is very family friendly, but the police want to act like it's the loving jungles of vietnam or something.

the fullerton pd approached and spent time antagonizing homeless guy until they were ready to shoot him. that homeless guy used to come through the checkout at the grocery store i used to work at. he would unfold single dollar bills very slowly and carefully and buy the little two pack of resees peanut butter cups while all the well-to-do customers turned their little pig noses up at him.

and there was another time where they had my whole street locked down on afternoon. cops everywhere. helicopters. the criminal they were apprehending? some dude who committed identity theft.

these people have a sickness

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

slicing up eyeballs posted:

lol riverside has declared an emergency curfew starting at 7pm. there's a protest scheduled to start at 4 let's see how that plays out

This is going to be a fun morning headed to orange county for work. Traffice usually starts at 4am, lol.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
LA county set another curfew.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Riverside County just set a curfew for 6pm tonight

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sacramento, Los Angeles, Santa Clara, and San Diego are closing court houses.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

https://twitter.com/city_of_anaheim/status/1267546527716839428?s=21

awesome. im off at 9 tonight. good thing i’ve got my deep ops essential worker papers

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

FCKGW posted:

Riverside County just set a curfew for 6pm tonight

given that the protest is scheduled to go until 6 it's hard to see that as anything other than provocation

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

given that the protest is scheduled to go until 6 it's hard to see that as anything other than provocation

I fully expect them to pull the curfew early like Santa Monica did yesterday as well.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Rainbow Knight posted:

https://twitter.com/city_of_anaheim/status/1267546527716839428?s=21

awesome. im off at 9 tonight. good thing i’ve got my deep ops essential worker papers

don't worry you'll still get your beating

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Sacramento is doing a curfew but they still haven't announced any details beyond "probably 7 or 8 PM." Apparently they had to wait until mid-afternoon to have a meeting on it and decide anything, presumably because the mayor and city council have the collective IQ of a particularly slow-witted mule.

Edit: they apparently plan to announce the details of their 7 PM curfew at 5:30 PM.

Wicked Them Beats fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 2, 2020

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

SuperKlaus posted:

Sacramento, Los Angeles, Santa Clara, and San Diego are closing court houses.

afaik state congressional hearings have been postponed until further notice due to civil unrest. Not sure if across the board or not, but the senate appropriations committee hearing was cancelled today.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Sacramento curfew details:

https://twitter.com/NickMiller510/status/1267607027552907264?s=20

https://twitter.com/RideSacRT/status/1267603706989559814?s=20

Hope your shift doesn't end after curfew because your boss is poo poo and you were hoping for a bus ride home. Lovely.

Wicked Them Beats fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 2, 2020

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
got an curfew alert here in berkeley, 8pm

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Kuvo posted:

got an curfew alert here in berkeley, 8pm

All of Alameda county is included in this one.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Rainbow Knight posted:

yeah i remember this happening right down the street from me. the guy they shot and killed down the street from me was unarmed and allegedly a gang member. the thing about the local "gang" is that they don't even do anything other than vandalize put up graffiti that gets immediately taken down. nothing worth a human life. i'm in an older part of anaheim that's a little run down, but definitely not bad and is very family friendly, but the police want to act like it's the loving jungles of vietnam or something.

the fullerton pd approached and spent time antagonizing homeless guy until they were ready to shoot him. that homeless guy used to come through the checkout at the grocery store i used to work at. he would unfold single dollar bills very slowly and carefully and buy the little two pack of resees peanut butter cups while all the well-to-do customers turned their little pig noses up at him.

and there was another time where they had my whole street locked down on afternoon. cops everywhere. helicopters. the criminal they were apprehending? some dude who committed identity theft.

these people have a sickness

Yeah I’ve lived all over Anaheim as well. Everywhere the APD was, by far, more dangerous than any gangs. I don’t know if you remember the black guy the police killed for the crime of carrying a broom in his own backyard but that was just down the street from my house.

Number of times gang member pointed guns at me: 0. Number of times police have pointed guns at me: 3.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Any streams for the Riverside city protest? I was there with my older daughter, but got out of there right before the curfew as I didn't feel like having her get pepper sprayed by some deputy.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Any streams for the Riverside city protest? I was there with my older daughter, but got out of there right before the curfew as I didn't feel like having her get pepper sprayed by some deputy.

I think most people went home after the curfew.

Riverside Sherrif took a knee and instantly fixed racism

https://twitter.com/arkaneinc/status/1267619100022329344?s=20

Meanwhile some lunatic in Upland pulled an AR-15 on passing protesters

https://twitter.com/alexvnews/status/1267608370782978048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 2, 2020

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

FCKGW posted:

Meanwhile some lunatic in Upland pulled an AR-15 on passing protesters

https://twitter.com/alexvnews/status/1267608370782978048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

What a loving jackass.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Grandpa nazi salute or sun in his eyes??

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Reminder that Chad there is half the reason Riverside County rescinded its "stay at home" orders since he refused to enforce them.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

after two of his own officers died to covid lol

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Class Warcraft posted:

Yeah I’ve lived all over Anaheim as well. Everywhere the APD was, by far, more dangerous than any gangs. I don’t know if you remember the black guy the police killed for the crime of carrying a broom in his own backyard but that was just down the street from my house.

Number of times gang member pointed guns at me: 0. Number of times police have pointed guns at me: 3.

:stare: three times?

yeah the local "gang" that the police served injunctions to several years back had the gall to do gang related activities like, oh you know, take their kids to school and find an excuse to rent a bounce house three out of every four weekends. if only i had known how dangerous these people were with their quinceañeras and baby showers and birthday parties

meanwhile, these vile Anaheim protesters who are told that their Assembly is Unlawful are stopping looters from breaking into buildings the bastards

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Solano and Stanislaus Counties shutting down courts at noon (marches planned at them). I don't know anything, I'm just a lawyer, so what I hears about the courts I posts.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Are there bay area community bail funds? Any for the south bay specifically?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

SuperKlaus posted:

Solano and Stanislaus Counties shutting down courts at noon (marches planned at them). I don't know anything, I'm just a lawyer, so what I hears about the courts I posts.

Santa Clara county did this yesterday. It's a clear violation of the constitution but that doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Santa Clara county did this yesterday. It's a clear violation of the constitution but that doesn't seem to matter anymore.

How is shutting down courts for half a day a constitutional violation?

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah I don't think that's an issue here.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Leperflesh posted:

How is shutting down courts for half a day a constitutional violation?

Could be argued that arresting people (pending arraignment) and then closing the courts is denying them due process

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

CrazyLittle posted:

Could be argued that arresting people (pending arraignment) and then closing the courts is denying them due process

Do you think public holidays in which the courts are closed also deny people due process?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Leperflesh posted:

Do you think public holidays in which the courts are closed also deny people due process?

Do you think shutting down with no clear reopen date is the same as shutting down for 1 public holiday which has been known for decades in advance?