Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gripweed posted:

I know they make those boob mousepads that are supposed to help, but it's my leg wrist, my typing hand. So a boob mousepad would be useless.

You could try a boob keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
That former Kotaku writer who won an award for reporting on the bad conditions at Riot Games turned out to be a fuckin' racist.

From here:

https://twitter.com/xoxogossipgita/status/1267924622969835520

quote:

listen i'm sorry, cecilia d'anastasio doesn't get to say she's an ally to people of color. the first day she met me she told me she knew more about indian food because she went to india once, and her racism never improved.

what do you say when a writer who has told you to your face that she needs to tell me to stop talking when she's on deadline. i was, at the time, the only black employee. anyway she did that too.

what do you say when you're told to work on a project together, about black people, and she tells you that you'll get a reporting credit and then she completely just writes it on her own and you DON'T get that credit? she did that too.

what do you say when a white writer asks you to explain black slang in front of all your white colleagues? also her.

don't say listen to people of color and then prevent me from writing about an instance of racism from a streamer because you're doing a feature interview with them, and then not mention it in your draft at all. you clearly don't care to listen.

'nother story about her:

https://twitter.com/transgamerthink/status/1267925527429554176

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ok, for real this time. Here's a list of every game I own that I want to play and finish. Help me decide which to do first.

Legend of Zelda : Windwaker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn

Shin Megami Tensai IV and Apocalypse

Radiant Historia

Valkyria Chronicles I and IV

Final Fantasy IX, X and X-2

Dragon Quest XI

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

daermon posted:

Ok, for real this time. Here's a list of every game I own that I want to play and finish. Help me decide which to do first.

Radiant Historia

Dragon Quest XI

Valkyria Chronicles 1, because it's the only game in the list numbered 1. Seems like a no-brainer

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The ball of my wrist is now an entirely smooth surface like a finely polished stone.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
my wrist is rock hard and covered in hair and dust, like the ball of an ancient, yellowed mouse

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I gotta admit, the whole "WASD" thing is wild. It's amazing they figured out how to make a video game control system for keyboards that kinda works.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
most of that is thanks to the mouse being a spectacular control device

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Gripweed posted:

I know they make those boob mousepads that are supposed to help, but it's my leg wrist, my typing hand. So a boob mousepad would be useless.

your leg wrist is called your ankle

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rinkles posted:

supposedly wrist rests are actually bad for your wrists, because all the pressure is concentrated on the wrist

that's why you get a boob mousepad, so it's concentrated in the boob instead

daermon posted:

Radiant Historia

Dragon Quest XI

Wind Waker

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Hwurmp posted:

Wind Waker

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cowcaster posted:

left wrist. I clearly wrote left wrist , you edited my post to make me look like a fool

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

the hand wrist's connected to the foot wrist
the foot wrist's connected to the leg wrist
the leg wrist's connected to the head wrist
and now you got the giiiiist

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

*peeps around*

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

classic gaming mistake is to have your mouse and kb right at the edge of your desk with just your wrist supporting rather than further in so your forearm can assume contact duty

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

daermon posted:

Radiant Historia

Dragon Quest XI

Leave Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword right til the end

Wind Waker is charming as hell although apparently the end is rough, i never got that far as both times I played it I ended up losing the loving memory card

Radiant Historia is excellent

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

twillight princess owns

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i feel like ellen left wrist ellen

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Haven’t had a good old-fashioned Zelda game rankings discussion in a while

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

FirstAidKite posted:

I recall reading something about how final fantasy game protagonists get read differently from america to japan, with many characters being read as ethnically asian in japan while being read as caucasian in america. I think the article in particular was talking about Cloud or Tidus as an example of the dual interpretations.

Yeah I was talking to a Chinese guy about FF8, back in 2004. He told me that everyone in FF8 is Asian apart from Lulu, who is Caucasian. I was absolutely blown away.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://twitter.com/carlo_davies/status/1267939532957257728?s=20

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

Haven’t had a good old-fashioned Zelda game rankings discussion in a while

why would you do this

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I've been a PC gamer for like two weeks and I think I'm getting that wrist disease you get from keyboards

Wanker's cramp?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

If you have jerkers wrist make sure your forearms are level with your desk first off.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

univbee posted:

Wanker's cramp?

I'm not a teenager anymore, it's been a very long time since I last masturbated enough to cause injury

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m trapped on the “one more run” Monster Train train, I think I like it better than Slay the Spire

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/LILACPhilly/status/1267902077998686208?s=20

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Defend the WoW subscription cards

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

for gamer necks

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Jay Rust posted:

Defend the WoW subscription cards

I'm pickle militia

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

John Romero posted:

i feel like ellen left wrist ellen

swag swag swag swag brang dang dang your keyboard

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

redreader posted:

Yeah I was talking to a Chinese guy about FF8, back in 2004. He told me that everyone in FF8 is Asian apart from Lulu, who is Caucasian. I was absolutely blown away.

western audiences expect to see the stereotypes used here when its not going to happen when its people drawing themselves.

however when it comes to actually drawing american or european characters:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

why is a german wearing the stars and stripes?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stux posted:

they usually do that for translations because going for the actual japanese regional stuff wouldnt translate but ace attorney goes real hard with it which is why this comic exists

The localisation developed lore that certain anti-asian immigration policies were never made law in their version of the US, so there are huge clusters of Japanese immigrants on the west coast that preserved their culture in "Little Tokyo" style communities.

Also I rewatched the Ace Attorney live action movie recently and it is not very good. It feels like the film version of a "lore recap" youtube video, where you don't get to know any characters or understand the larger meaning of the events.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

that is odd, carlo

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
mentioned this in the switch thread but more appropriate here

does anyone else have fond memories of just walking into a game store with some allowance and walking out with whatever was cheap

i remember walking into a media play with $50 of lawn mowing/babysitting money and walking out with xenosaga 1 for ps2 true crime ny collectors edition for xbox x-men legends for psp and like a maxim or fangoria magazine and a bunch of candy

now the cops just murder us in the street

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i get nostalgic for the old cardboard boxes games used to come in and the locked up cages they were held in at stores. i was small child at the time so we never kept the boxes, just just cartridges and manuals, and i regret that a lot

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm too old to remember that, honestly. I used my allowance to rent games when I was young. I did have a phase where I'd dumpster dive the used games section of EB Games when I was in my early 20s, but that was my retail job money.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I first got into consoles around the PS2, so I did a lot of that with bargain PS1 titles. It introduced me to a lot of wild poo poo, like the Dragon Quest spinoff roguelike, or the huge glut of "what the gently caress" one-off RPGs Squaresoft made in the era.

But yeah, that was by the time I was past allowance and into first job turf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
After being a SNES kid I picked up a Genesis at a yard sale in 2000 which was the perfect time because all the game stores were still carrying the carts but no one wanted them even for good games so you could get them for under a buck a pop

The Genesis came with 2 working controllers, Sonic 1 ,2 and spinball plus that 6in1 that also has Sonic 1 and super hang on for 2 bucks, what a time to have been alive and a gamer and not a victim of institutionalized racism