Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ethiser posted:

The fact that this sumo guy can keep up in a contest of strength against one of the major gods really makes me feel that my boy Lü Bu got done dirty.

Yeah, Lu Bu is like the only fighter on either side so far that really just felt outmatched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Lu Bu got worfed plain and simple.

"Strongest human to have lived" is going to become more and more of a joke it seems. Shame he had to go first before the writers settled on the powerlevels they wanted.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I really enjoy Shuumatsu no Valkyrie, but I would be lying if I said that every time I read it, there wasn’t a voice screaming “GET TO SIMO HAYHA ALREADY”.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The Lord of Hats posted:

I really enjoy Shuumatsu no Valkyrie, but I would be lying if I said that every time I read it, there wasn’t a voice screaming “GET TO SIMO HAYHA ALREADY”.

Hah yeah I am super curious about how that one is going to work as well.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

That Works posted:

Hah yeah I am super curious about how that one is going to work as well.

Well if Jack was any indication, he'll ask for a mountain range and play hide and seek.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Haven't seen this brought up yet, but The Wolf Won't Sleep is a really great manga. Based on a Japanese web novel.

It got me to read the web novel which is also great, even if the translation isn't perfect.

Lots of action and character development reading through the web novel. Manga seems to follow it closely.

Not sure how people feel about kiss manga but here's the link.

https://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Wolf-Won-t-Sleep

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
It's usually discussed in the wholesome isekai thread, the go-to manga aggregator site is typically mangadex, but it's been working like poo poo lately plus that series is on a minor release delay, so you can also go straight to the scanlator reader site

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Coaaab posted:

It's usually discussed in the wholesome isekai thread, the go-to manga aggregator site is typically mangadex, but it's been working like poo poo lately plus that series is on a minor release delay, so you can also go straight to the scanlator reader site

Ah cool, thanks. I never see it mentioned in the threads I read, so I was wondering if it was known around here.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kissmanga used to be pretty popular, but then they got worse and worse about ads and links to ads disguised as menu buttons. adblock can't handle everything.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

kissmanga used to be pretty popular, but then they got worse and worse about ads and links to ads disguised as menu buttons. adblock can't handle everything.

They also started banning IP addresses of anyone using a mobile app to get around the ads.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
ublock with some additional scripts KOs Kissmanga's anti-adblock poo poo and blocks everything on their site but I just use Mangadex now.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Fabricated posted:

ublock with some additional scripts KOs Kissmanga's anti-adblock poo poo and blocks everything on their site but I just use Mangadex now.

The only reason to use Kissmanga was the fact that they did the thing where all the pages were in one huge column, so you could just scroll instead of clicking to the next page all the time.

But that's an option on Mangadex now! So you can just go there and avoid all the lovely intrusive ads.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hamelekim posted:

Could you be thinking of JUNI TAISEN: ZODIAC WAR? It has a guy with bunny ears who is also a psycho killer.

Nope. It turns out that a google search for "rabbit suit death game manga" turns up the manga I was thinking about - "Doubt"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fabricated posted:

Could you elaborate a little bit? Mangadex has been less stable now and then for a bit and there's definitely a few series I follow that Mangadex won't / can't post that are up on kissmanga. KM has to be about the worst ad / popup thing I've seen and I run a pihole at home and view it through Firefox with uBlock on top of that. Tons still gets through.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mangago also has big long scroll if you make an account. Plus you get access to thousands of exclusive bl.webtoons and doujin

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Had been sitting on a series that looks like this might be getting more updates going into the future. WonDance like most manga I've read about dancing, is about someone unfamiliar with expressing themselves. Kotani Kaboku is an athletically talented high schooler who is very self conscious about a lot of things, including the stutter he's had his whole life. Not one for standing in the spotlight he's nonetheless attracted to his schools dance club that's not about classic dance sport, but instead Pop and Hip-hop. It's still early in the story despite the very beefy chapters, but I like the characters and the artist uses the right amount of exaggeration to convey the feel and "pop" of the dancers.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

They also had a bitcoin miner at some point. The most scumbag of things a website can do aside from directly stealing your info.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

That Works posted:

Could you elaborate a little bit? Mangadex has been less stable now and then for a bit and there's definitely a few series I follow that Mangadex won't / can't post that are up on kissmanga. KM has to be about the worst ad / popup thing I've seen and I run a pihole at home and view it through Firefox with uBlock on top of that. Tons still gets through.
Between ublock with more default lists selected and this I don't really see anything on KissManga whenever I check it.

https://reek.github.io/anti-adblock-killer/

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Had been sitting on a series that looks like this might be getting more updates going into the future. WonDance like most manga I've read about dancing, is about someone unfamiliar with expressing themselves. Kotani Kaboku is an athletically talented high schooler who is very self conscious about a lot of things, including the stutter he's had his whole life. Not one for standing in the spotlight he's nonetheless attracted to his schools dance club that's not about classic dance sport, but instead Pop and Hip-hop. It's still early in the story despite the very beefy chapters, but I like the characters and the artist uses the right amount of exaggeration to convey the feel and "pop" of the dancers.

I really like this, the movements and gestures are conveyed so well. The use of actual popular songs is neat, though I wonder how that would go if an anime happens.

The lead duo is very cute and Wanda's faces are amazing

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Can people really dance to Ed Sheeran songs?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Can people really dance to Ed Sheeran songs?
They make it work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWdDgQdDATU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like how the one friend guy who kind of seems like a prick early on actually starts to change his mind and doesn't just ditch the protagonist.

Kinda minds me of the friend guy in Slow Motion wo Mou Ichido where initially it seems like a "protagonist is hanging with fake friends, but then meets girl who shares his interests" but it turns out the friend wasn't actually as stiff and unwilling to deal with the protagonist's "real self" as he thought.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Blue Period is staying so loving good y'all

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

That Works posted:

Blue Period is staying so loving good y'all

This, but I honestly tire of the 'crossdressing but not trans' trope in manga. Like, It seems to be getting there, maybe, but not quite; not yet :(

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

This, but I honestly tire of the 'crossdressing but not trans' trope in manga. Like, It seems to be getting there, maybe, but not quite; not yet :(

What the

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

some people just crossdress

anyway i'm going to read that manga now

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
its time for the crossdressing while trans trope to take off imo

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Took 8 volumes, but we finally got our title drop in Shiori Experience
Some much needed attention payed to the bass guitar playing Prince, but he still needs his own arc since everyone else has had at least one for themselves. Also really should have seen the biggest twist of the chapter coming years ago.

Of course the Occult obsessed Sadako look-alike could see Jimmy's ghost.

VibrantPareidolia posted:

I really like this, the movements and gestures are conveyed so well. The use of actual popular songs is neat, though I wonder how that would go if an anime happens.
I assume that's why series like this are not often adapted. Jojo got away with it for the various ending credits, but I don't often hear music that isn't in the public domain plastered in an anime if it's not an original composition.

quote:

The lead duo is very cute and Wanda's faces are amazing
The whole cast is great.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Been reading something completely outside of my regular interests. A manga about a girl with Aspergers living together with her favorite manga author. It's very tastefully done and with respect to the subject matter and I recommend it (At least, it didn't set off any big red flags for me, an average person).

https://mangadex.org/title/38175/asuperu-kanojo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah I've gotten about 8 chapters in and while I don't think it's entirely accurate of asperger's, it's definitely an interesting read.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I really like that series. I work at a crisis facility for people unwelcome in their community due to behavioral issues related to mental illness, intellectual disability, and/or autism; and I've worked with similar folks. It's really nice seeing their progress together, very wholesome.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Archer666 posted:

Been reading something completely outside of my regular interests. A manga about a girl with Aspergers living together with her favorite manga author. It's very tastefully done and with respect to the subject matter and I recommend it (At least, it didn't set off any big red flags for me, an average person).

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah I've gotten about 8 chapters in and while I don't think it's entirely accurate of asperger's, it's definitely an interesting read.

Me and I think two or three other folks in the misc. romance thread are following it as well. It’s sweet

e: quoted wrong post

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 3, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah. it's brutal at times, but sweet.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Archer666 posted:

This is extremely sweet and good and wholesome and I devoured all available chapters in one sitting. My only complaint is the extra 60+ Chinese chapters sitting there and taunting me after I finished reading the English ones... :v:

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Kingdom just updated and our boy finally did it

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It only took 14 godamn years but Shin is finally a General of Qin.

https://sensescans.com/reader/read/kingdom/en/59/642/page/5

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
Yeaaah. I followed Kingdom a couple of years ago and kinda lost interest somewhere during that battle in the plains that finished now. And like I don't even remember when I stopped it was that far. Maybe there was a long break in translations or something?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

ugusername posted:

Yeaaah. I followed Kingdom a couple of years ago and kinda lost interest somewhere during that battle in the plains that finished now. And like I don't even remember when I stopped it was that far. Maybe there was a long break in translations or something?

Yeah I enjoyed it when I read it years ago, but fell off after I caught up with current chapters. It's one of those series that's fun to read the archives, but week to week it's kind of boring.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Someone bothered to pick up Bambino again

https://kissmanga.com/Manga/Bambino-Secondo/Vol--004-Ch-040?id=634169

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Shiori Experience 36

An interesting development. I didn't expect Mitsuoka might be joining the band. Also, I'm not sure if I ever want an anime of this because I don't see how the song can ever live up to how awesome it's portrayed.