Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
good thing may is over so we don't have to discuss whatever the gently caress this is because I'm sure people have some real nuanced opinions about tencent making an ai
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1268107571921129475

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

not a vtuber if it's an ai, don't care. vtubers have people inside

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fantastic.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

dear game devs: you are not good enough at audio balancing to default your game to subtitles off

no, really, you're not

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sometimes it feels more immersive to have them off but then I miss like one word and turn them on the rest of the game

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I think Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice benefits from no subtitles, but no other game I've ever heard of

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

goblin week posted:

I read this wikipedia article and now I understand less about fog computing than I surmised from its name (fog is a low cloud so fog computing would be local clouds)

I read that article and the main impression I got was that someone decided there needed to be an official name for what would otherwise have been called "not cloud computing" or "normal computing" and made up a bunch of IT doubletalk to support it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

fog computing is a type of low-altitude cloud computing that forms when relative humidity nears 100% and the difference between air temperature and dew point is less than 2.5 °C (4.5 °F), causing computer vapor to condense into tiny computer droplets suspended in the air

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
If you ever wonder why Sega of Japan is seemingly bad or makes strange decisions regarding re-releasing their old catalog of games (for example, SEGA AGES Sonic the Hedgehog for the Switch when Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Classics also exists on the Switch), remember that all those various Sega Genesis compilations released over the decades (Sega Genesis Classics, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Sega Genesis Collection, the many bad atGames consoles) are basically western products, greenlit by Sega of America and probably Europe, and Japan doesn't get those compilations at all. The most Japan got for Mega Drive or Master System/Mark III/Game Gear/etc re-releases was via Virtual Console releases or the occasional XBLA/PSN release or a Sega Ages line. The Mega Drive Mini and now these weird Game Gear Micros are basically their weird collector retro game product attempts, which is I guess worse than their western divisions' attempts at re-releasing their old console catalog.

At least the Genesis/Mega Drive version of Virtua Fighter 2 only showed up apparently once in any form in the Japanese market, as a Wii Virtual Console import title, because that game never got a standard release in Japan and they never had to see that game via all the questionable quality emulation efforts of those various compilation games.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 3, 2020

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
i hacked my vita this week which is something anyone who still owns one should do.

going through the list of psp games i have available to me now, I am really shocked that the psp doesn't really get it's due. The catalog is very strong. Rockstar even had a very good output on it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Akfamilyhome/status/1268104959020548096?s=20

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

John Romero posted:

i hacked my vita this week which is something anyone who still owns one should do.

going through the list of psp games i have available to me now, I am really shocked that the psp doesn't really get it's due. The catalog is very strong. Rockstar even had a very good output on it

I've been lazy about it, but am getting ready to do it. I wonder if I can hack my Vita and PSTV and swap the memory card between the two.

Here is some fun trivia about me, the Game Gear was my first console as a child. My parents probably still have it at their house. I should grab that and my N64 next time I visit.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

once you hack your vita and pstv you can just buy one of these babies for 5 bucks and never worry about memory cards again

how much do you wanna bet that was jamie oliver's idea and he insisted they do it

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

John Romero posted:

I had a hacked PSP and it was very good poo poo, especially in like 2006. Been more hesitant with my Vita due to it doing a lot more with online interactions, though.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

help i swallowed my game gear micro

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

swallow an atari lynx, that should flush it out

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They’re gonna need a “keep out of reach of children” label once they realize kids are gonna confuse them for jellybeans and eat them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Waiting for an ngage the size of my fingernail

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cowcaster posted:

the rounded corners and small size mean it should pass painlessly

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

producing more plastic trash for consoles easily emulatable on literally any device that exists wahoo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

Waiting for an ngage the size of my fingernail
game gear mini: only 4 games??
ngage mini: wow all 4 games!!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I'm happy to see Puyo Puyo being pushed as Sega's other big franchise because you wouldn't remember that Sega acquired the IP from Compile back when Compile was dying, and then Sega of America and Europe basically didn't want to bring Puyo Puyo to the west for a long stretch of time. Meanwhile, Sega just throwing out retro Puyo Puyo games left and right via Sega Ages and their microconsoles and whatnot.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

John Romero posted:

psp did really well, it sold more than the 3ds did. its just its direct competition was the ds which did ridiculously well

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Nice!
https://twitter.com/Meneth_/status/1268168980063289346

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yessssss unions are great!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

there are definitely two distinct periods of psp though, Early PSP and Late PSP. psp is good as hell but the early games that were all crappy console style games with one minute long loading times soured everyone on it. late period started once they decided to make games that actually belonged on a portable system + preloaded everything to the memory stick so the loads weren't insane, but it was too late...

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Convex posted:

swallow an atari lynx, that should flush it out

I know an old gamer who swallowed a lynx

his batteries are dead, of course

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I played a couple of rounds of Cartographers tonight. It's really really good, and I'm hype to play it with a group on the weekend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCt5JFkbOvc

Infinitum posted:

My package arrived, so I played a solo game of Cartographers!

Like all things, I am obviously incredible at it. :smuggo:

These were my edicts

Oh my I want expansions and new boards for this already. (So I of course immediately ordered the 2 mini expansions from Thunderworks directly)
Very very chill and meditative just sitting there making a map :allears:

Can easily see why it's been nominated for Connoisseur GOTY at Spiel des Jahres this year.
Hopefully I'll be able to give it a crack this weekend with the lads!

Infinitum posted:

Game rules

Just a really lovely zen map making time.
Def recommend a pickup. 100% going into my high rotation pile.

Here's the workshop file for Tabletop Simulator if you'd like to give it a spin

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it still did well though which is why the vita launch was such a disappointment cos you go from "wow someone made a handheld that was actually competitive with nintendo" to "the memory cards cost more than the sun and the console itself, while the same price as t he 3ds to begin with, never got a price cut like the 3ds. also no games lol"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got a used PSP Go not realising it was digital only but I liked it anyway and it got me into the miku games and monster hunter

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

umds sucked rear end anyway. i didn't like the slide out action on the go though

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I bought a Slim and immediately cracked the battery open to make it into a Pandora battery and hack the thing. I stayed up all night doing it..... good times

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Yay Unions!

homeless snail posted:

once you hack your vita and pstv you can just buy one of these babies for 5 bucks and never worry about memory cards again

Excellent, thank you for the advice.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

SeXReX posted:

good thing may is over so we don't have to discuss whatever the gently caress this is because I'm sure people have some real nuanced opinions about tencent making an ai
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1268107571921129475

This sounds like those random spam voicemails I get all the time with soothing music and a Chinese robot voice. Advanced!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Why is segata sanshiro now a twink instead of a karate man >: (

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Vincent posted:

inside you there are two wolves

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Vincent posted:

That's his son, Sega Shiro. The next generation of Segaing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vincent posted:

Same evolution as Kamen Rider for the same reasons.