Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i razzed it earlier but for whatever reason kenshi's aesthetic really works for me despite it being pretty ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

do the robots remember their past lives in which they looked and were named the exact same

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Relax Or DIE posted:

related what jrpg should i start next:

torna
XB1:DE
Trails of Cold Steel
Sakura Wars
Saga Scarlet Graces
Other (please write in your option here):______________________________________________________

Suikoden or Suikoden II

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm glad Pikachu and Eevee hate the police too

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Which pokemon is a cop

I'm gonna say Snubble. That's a fuckin cop

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

torna
Trails of Cold Steel
Sakura Wars
Saga Scarlet Graces
Other (please write in your option here):______________________________________________________

do torna before xb1 cuz its a lot quicker. idk how long the other games are

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

precision posted:

Which pokemon is a cop

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
just kiddin, all pokemon are beautiful creatures even the ones tricked by the police

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

torna
Trails of Cold Steel
Sakura Wars
Saga Scarlet Graces

Torna so I know if I should play it

I got the expansion pass but it took me 100 hours to beat XB2 so I ended up taking a break to play something else (which turned out to be even longer JRPG P5)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

precision posted:

Which pokemon is a cop

there's a different cop pokemon every generation accompanying the various Officers Jenny

growlithe, arcanine, stunky, swanna, herdier, gumshoos

snubbull was the pokemon of the cop dad in the Detective Pikachu movie

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

keep up the good work

my aim is now wiping out the slaver empires which are [checks notes] two of the main factions

Relax Or DIE posted:

i razzed it earlier but for whatever reason kenshi's aesthetic really works for me despite it being pretty ugly

yeah the game is undoubtably completely ugly but its perfect somehow i love it

oddium posted:

do the robots remember their past lives in which they looked and were named the exact same

yes unironically its canon lore that the skeletons live for thousands of years but start losing their marbles every few centuries and have to reset their brains to avoid it and forget most things but not everything

this is 100% a thing in some other game or something but i cant remember which one

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

think you're thinking of star wars droids op

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

pokemon isn't deep enough or fun enough or made well enough to spend all that money on

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Help Im Alive posted:

Torna so I know if I should play it

You should, it's good

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

precision posted:

Which pokemon is a cop

Growlithe and Arcanine canonically help the cops.

Mankey/primeape is probably also a cop

Just look at him. An enraged pig-man flexing his muscles.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Monodi/status/1268206549324963840?s=19

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i readan LP in the LP forum of Kenshi and im always blown away by how much weird stuff that game does with such simple graphics and systems

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Relax Or DIE posted:

torna
Trails of Cold Steel
Sakura Wars
Saga Scarlet Graces

Xb1 unless you are invested in the trails games already, in that case cold steel.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want a multiplayer game where it's 4v1 but all players involved can fight. Evolve was the best example of this, but due to horrible DLC decisions, and poor balance at the start, it killed any chance the game had of succeeding and now its no longer playable. Predator: Hunting Grounds is really bad, and Deathgarden shut down. The only legitimate 4v1 option is Dead by Daylight, and that game is fantastic and I play it, but it's not what i'm looking for.

This is an extremely specific want here.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

We live in very strange times.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Relax Or DIE posted:

torna
Trails of Cold Steel
Sakura Wars
Saga Scarlet Graces

You talkin' Saturn Sakura Wars or PS4 Sakura Wars?

Either way, Sakura Wars.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

We live in very strange times.

It was touch and go for a while but thankfully garfield and pop tarts rescued America when it needed them the most

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
it's the ps4 one, i've never played a sakura wars but i got it on a sale and it has mechs so

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, Sakura Wars is real good. Protip: Give the koi-koi minigame an honest few tries. Once I internalized the hands and cards after a few games, it's one of my favorite things in the game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Kinda looks like Donald Trump

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Here's a fun Twitter thread about the provenance of the GIF the thread title is from.

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1002735322948440064?s=20

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

univbee posted:

Here's a fun Twitter thread about the provenance of the GIF the thread title is from.

DON'T EVEN TRUST YOUR FISTS
THEY MIGHT BE FAKE NEWS

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Speaking of Streets of Rage, til Yuzo Koshiro has a cool youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5lbX-qk7rY

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

univbee posted:

Streets of Rage Remake is one of the best fan games ever made and a truly amazing Beat-em-up in its own right. It was a huge dick move from Sega to C&D it after giving the creator permission to make it years before.

Speaking of fan games of beloved Beat-em-up franchises, there's a guy working on a Double Dragon fan game called Ultimate Double Dragon, and he got the original artist who did the pixel art for Super Double Dragon to do the graphics for it.

https://twitter.com/food2han/status/1268066131509571584

https://twitter.com/food2han/status/1262615057373859846

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 4, 2020

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The SoR2 romhack scene is top notch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"I hate Mondays, also all these drugs infecting the streets..."

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there's also a TMNT fangame called Rescuepalooza that is modelled after, I think, TMNT3 NES, but with updated SNES-style visuals and of course a bunch of characters and stages

https://www.merso-x.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-rescue

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

there's also a TMNT fangame called Rescuepalooza that is modelled after, I think, TMNT3 NES, but with updated SNES-style visuals and of course a bunch of characters and stages

https://www.merso-x.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-rescue

Rescuepalooza is very cute and detailed and packed with references and callbacks to the 80s cartoon and the comics, I just wish it played more like either the arcade game or TMNT IV, because TMNT3's combat is pretty one dimensional.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1268380536394772480?s=20

Shut the gently caress up

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In these uncertain times

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

That sounds like the name of a fake video game someone made up for a joke

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gripweed posted:

a fake video game someone made up for a joke

That's actually a pretty fair description of KoA

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i would be okay with this cause i actually liked that game quite a bit

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Andrast posted:

I have the same recruit mod + recruit prisoners (which seems pretty cool since it has unique recruit dialogue for various NPCs around the world even if it can get a bit cheaty if you abuse it too much), I also increased the recruit limit since I was getting close to the 30 with my settlement getting bigger and bigger.

Modding all the various production stations to have 10x the output slots helped a lot with making my settlement automation work properly without constant micromanagement. Now I can actually go exploring with my main combat squad and be confident that the settlement actually functions in the background.

The cheatiest mod I got is probably the advanced training dummies which lets you tech training dummies for pretty much every stat and goes to a pretty high level. Manually training new recruits when you start getting a sizable squad just became too annoying otherwise.

i thought about the recruit prisoners one but i felt like id probably abuse it yeah. recruit limit is probably a good idea huh, and the production one. ill have to see how i go when i get to making an outpost again. i saw the dummies as well but decided to wait and see on it to see if i feel ill want it or not late game.

i journeyed over to black desert city and found the scraphouse with its wild weapons. i didnt feel like i could justify buying any of that right now with how expensive they are and how relatively low skill my skeletons are still but i did find something else to dump all my cats on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The really really good SoR2 hack is actually a whole framework for making custom characters in the game it's loving awesome.

Also this https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3063/