Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

You should give blind pig a shot as its way better than Pliny and like the bar everyone compares pale ales to, or at least should be compared to.

for $5 bucks why not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Local beer house is doing mason jar fills lmao
Burgeon Beer Company Dutchman's Pipe Imperial Stout

So I had to bust out my appropriate stout glassware:coal:

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 4, 2020

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

drat is that from The Answer? what's the secondary on that thing?

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Lol this owns real hard

E: both parts

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

for $5 bucks why not!

For $10 you could have Pliny and Pig and have a hell of a night

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

another case of Reality Czech arrived today and they included a fairly nice hackey sack, what cool people

Kosher man
May 8, 2002

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

another case of Reality Czech arrived today and they included a fairly nice hackey sack, what cool people

Wanna ship a case out east =)

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Incredibly powerful post

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

drat is that from The Answer? what's the secondary on that thing?

Sorry yall i got distracted and buzzed at the same drat time.

Side note; jar was filled to the brim and yes, i spilled beer all over my carpet and yes, i poured too hard and i got nothing but head. Very good imperial stout would recommend!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

For $10 you could have Pliny and Pig and have a hell of a night

omg u R right!
:eyepop:

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 4, 2020

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

God this beer is good, got a grip of Ponoma Island for my birthday and everything I've had from them so far has been an absolute banger

So much Sabro hops.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Spuckuk posted:

God this beer is good, got a grip of Ponoma Island for my birthday and everything I've had from them so far has been an absolute banger

So much Sabro hops.

so... it tastes like sausage?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

funkybottoms posted:

so... it tastes like sausage?

This is the natural progression for the IPA. We’ve hit max milkshake candy sweetness. Time to turn the knob all the way over to umami sausage bomb.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'd rather have it taste like a bratwurst tbh

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Rauch ipa?????

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

tbf Sabro actually tastes like coconut (and is gross); i was making a "banger" of a joke.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

funkybottoms posted:

tbf Sabro actually tastes like coconut (and is gross); i was making a "banger" of a joke.

really changes how I think of Focal Banger

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

funkybottoms posted:

you saying coconuts are GROSS???

*rolls up sleeves*

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Captain Duvel posted:

Rauch ipa?????

I first read that as “Ranch ipa”

I’m not sure which is grosser

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Continuing to be the OC fanboi here but:

https://twitter.com/OffcolorBrewing/status/1268925235354644480

They had this as a draft-only beer about a year ago and it was probably the best beer I've had from them. They weren't on my list of places to hit this weekend but they are now.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

danbanana posted:

They had this as a draft-only beer about a year ago and it was probably the best beer I've had from them. They weren't on my list of places to hit this weekend but they are now.

Soooo you want some lagers/Live Oak etc? :staredog:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

danbanana posted:

Hm yes, this will go nicely with my Goku glass

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

danbanana posted:

ALREADY ORDERED IT, HYPE FOR MY FRIDAY BEER.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Stopped at the liquor store and grabbed some stuff to drink I've never had before. Coppertail is local and I like their flagships but I've never seen the Florida Special before. 3.8% lager sounds like the ticket for post yard work this weekend. The other two I grabbed with no info or expectations but what it says on the can, so I guess I'll see how I did later tonight.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The bar doing the PLINY poors for :siren: $5 :siren: was packed. And the line outside was nutz too buttz. I didn't wanna risk it :smith: Kinda bummed out....

SO I went to my local liquor store and got a 4 pack of some random oatmeal stouts and a 12pk of PBR. Weekend saved, I GUESS

https://www.slobrew.com/beer/seasonals/feelin-your-oats/

Update: Oatmeal stout is pretty good. It an oatmeal stout alright!

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 6, 2020

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

My weekly pickup so far has been pretty disappointing outside of the Masthead Jalapeno IPA and a Great Notion/Wayfinder hazy.

Uptown had a 5 or 6 beers from Bearded Iris in TN that I figured I'd try. The first two I've had I won't buy again. Also bought a double hazy from Equilibrium in NY named Energy Equals that I could only drink 1/4 of. That sucks because I have another can and nobody to pass it off to.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

my weekly pickup is just gonna be a mixed case of Sierra Nevada because the sixers are bogo at Publix

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

deadwing posted:

my weekly pickup is just gonna be a mixed case of Sierra Nevada because the sixers are bogo at Publix

This is useful information, added to my grocery list. My Publix has had their Wild Little Thing stocked lately which I've been interested to try. Anyone tried that?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Weekly pickup was a sixer of St. Arnold Summer Pils and FYI for those with HEB, St. Arnold sixers are on sale for 7 something a pop this week :allears:

Started popping some of the sunday bottles of the Untappd virtual fest since I am only doing the saturday session - Industrial Arts Spring Landscape had some big honey/malt flavors, plus maibock is a style I rarely drink. Haven't had a Pseudo Sue in a few years and revisiting it had me thinking back at how Citra beers evolved over the past 5-10 years. Definitely looking forward to that Finback Perpetual and Curieux.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

deadwing posted:

aw poo poo, here i go again

Friday was dumb cause I had to head into work to fix something but it took me longer to drive over than it did to fix those things, so I decided to splurge and went down to Jug and Bottle where I picked up two Off Color 4 pakcs that were sent down for huna day

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

highme posted:

My weekly pickup so far has been pretty disappointing outside of the Masthead Jalapeno IPA and a Great Notion/Wayfinder hazy.

Uptown had a 5 or 6 beers from Bearded Iris in TN that I figured I'd try. The first two I've had I won't buy again. Also bought a double hazy from Equilibrium in NY named Energy Equals that I could only drink 1/4 of. That sucks because I have another can and nobody to pass it off to.

i'm sure i've said it before, but i can't believe how much Equilibrium charges for some truly average beer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Can you even cook with a NEIPA if it's really boring and bad?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Spanish Manlove posted:

Where else are you going to get the flavor of concentrated stomach acid for your dish?

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

Spanish Manlove posted:

i wouldn't use it for anything other than like a granita if ur making some sort of weird dessert

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I went back to that bar today. I'm sorry beer thread. I tried! But they were all out of PLiNY and Blind Pig :smith:

So, instead I got some BBA Firestone Walker 20th anniversary Monkee. $5 for a growler fill. :gritin:

Also got this collab beer they did with local brewery 3 Punks:

Its a DIPA! Imma prob hate it!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

So, instead I got some BBA Firestone Walker 20th anniversary Monkee. $5 for a growler fill. :gritin:

Wait wait they filled this for 5 bucks?

https://beerconnoisseur.com/articles/firestone-walker-marks-20-years-xx-anniversary-ale

Cuz if so... :vince: :psyduck:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stickee Monkee / Aged in Bourbon and Brandy Barrels / 20% of Final Blend

I believe is what I got. DRAFT BABY! MUAHHHHHHAHAHAHAA

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I paid $13 total today! 4 pounders of DIPAfor $8 and $5 for 64oz of BBBBA liquid black gold

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Final Blog Entry posted:

Stopped at the liquor store and grabbed some stuff to drink I've never had before. Coppertail is local and I like their flagships but I've never seen the Florida Special before. 3.8% lager sounds like the ticket for post yard work this weekend. The other two I grabbed with no info or expectations but what it says on the can, so I guess I'll see how I did later tonight.

Well these IPAs are OK but forgettable. Hot drat though I think this Coppertail release is my official beer of the summer. On sale for i think $6.79/ 4pk at ABC for you FL folks.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Stickee Monkee / Aged in Bourbon and Brandy Barrels / 20% of Final Blend

I believe is what I got. DRAFT BABY! MUAHHHHHHAHAHAHAA

Well either you got Stickee Monkey or a year-plus old FW Anniversary beer for $5. Either way, Jesus loving Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Oh, drinking a Maranon Predator and... Yes, this is my perfect saison. I like Apex fine, but I think the appeal is more about a shelf saison for $10/four pack than it's quality relative to other saisons. Maranon though is without flaw. Citrus up front, light sweetness, good dry finish.