Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

jng2058 posted:

Good luck! Come back and tell us how it went!

my god warhams takes a while. we played for 3 hours and only got to the start of the 2nd round

2v2 with me and a bad wolves list i made and didnt realise the guy was gonna take vs a bloody rose jump-pack spam list and ork shooty deathstar flanked by two wings of mek guns (its as bad as it sounds)

the aggressors deployed with the smash captain in ambush 9 inches from the mek guns. the aggressors annihilated a unit of sisters with the bolters and charged in but the fucker had split them into individual units so i gotta declare vs each and risk a dead aggressor. in hindsight i shoulda risked it and charged them all but i charged 2 with the captain then swung around into further back one and my aggressors piled into the close one. both guns die and i pile into the others.
but then the orks fall back and i eat all the other mek guns shots and that pretty much kills aggressors.
my smash captain managed to tank a LOT of shooting and then got charged on 1 wound by the bloody rose warlord, tanked all her hits and then killed her in fight back, so he is definitely MVP.

Unfortunately on the rest of the board the poorly built wolves list just footslogged up, doing nothing (though left completely intact!), my snipers were mostly foiled by grot shields and celestial bodyguards
the sisters list is really straightforward but very nasty, 3 blessed blade cannoness surrounded by bodyguards and everything else is 7 units of deep striking sisters. our lists are almost entirely infantry who get no armour saves from them, they die like paper but they scythe through marines on the charge and they have great charge insurance with +1 and faith dice. they went through 3 of my squads like butter
ork shootin' is extremely strong as always and took another couple of my units, all my scouts are dead and one of my eliminators and the others lost models.

so... bad! but the aggressors did their job, my idea with them was a distraction carnifex to let the wolves advance un-shot. Thinking back i definitely coulda got them into a safer charge position where they wouldnt have died the next turn but that would have left the space wolves to die to smashguns and big mek dakka. we're in a tough position now since the sisters have struck all the objectives natch, but the space wolves are completely alive and getting closer. And my smash captain is still At Large and gets a turn.
Also Shrike, my librarian and my sniper relic lt are all still alive and kicking and my anti character doctrine pops next turn.

Ragnar is in an impulsor thats about 14'' away so i'm thinking that can zip up, deposit him at the end of the move and his charge reroll aura can buff some deepstriking wolfguard to finally get some wolves into combat. the impulsor can charge something to eat overwatch for the smash captain and hopefully block LoS on Rag.
Theres no way to get him charging from disembark im guessing?

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Severely tempted to break my no resin rule and get a Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought to go with my potential new Custodes force. It's crazy cool looking, and also looks genuinely useful.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
The relic contemptor bullied me into accepting resin, so the second thing i did after starting custodes was get both an achillus and a galatus.

ThoraxTheImpaler
Aug 13, 2014

CONDESCENDING
ASSHOLE
A while back as a joke I ran a 2k list that was just 52 Deathwing Terminators titled Cap'n Belial: Oops! All Terminators and I photoshopped a cereal box cover to make a cover sheet for the list to hand to opponents. With Ritual of the Damned I realized I had to update the picture to include the Ravenwing Apothecary I added to the list to use the Combined Assault stratagem and I finally got around to making it.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

This is my attempt at a first 2000 point Custodes army. I'm sure it's not tournament worthy, but hopefully, it can win casual games. Any pointers?

quote:

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [72 PL, 7CP, 1,341pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Gametype: Matched

+ Stratagems +

Open the Vaults (1 Relic) [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Captain-General Trajann Valoris [10 PL, 180pts]

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 163pts]: Hurricane Bolter, Impregnable Mind, Misericordia, Warlord
. Auric Aquilis

+ Troops +

Custodian Guard Squad [8 PL, 156pts]
. Custodian: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield
. Custodian: Guardian Spear, Misericordia

Custodian Guard Squad [8 PL, 153pts]
. Custodian: Guardian Spear

Custodian Guard Squad [8 PL, 150pts]

+ Elites +

Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought [8 PL, 140pts]: 2x Lastrum Storm Bolter

Vexillus Praetor [6 PL, 120pts]: Storm Shield, Vexilla Magnifica
. Raiment of Sorrows

+ Fast Attack +

Vertus Praetors [15 PL, 279pts]
. Vertus Praetor: Hurricane Bolter, Misericordia

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [38 PL, 5CP, 659pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment CP [5CP]

+ HQ +

Shield-Captain [7 PL, 102pts]: Guardian Spear, Misericordia

Shield-Captain [7 PL, 107pts]: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield

+ Troops +

++ Total: [110 PL, 12CP, 2,000pts] ++

Gunder fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 4, 2020

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
Read this btw https://www.goonhammer.com/start-competing-adeptus-custodes-tactics

Even if you're not looking to take custodes to a tourney its still a good read.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Tommu posted:

Read this btw https://www.goonhammer.com/start-competing-adeptus-custodes-tactics

Yeah, I've been going over that as I built the list this evening. It's really been so useful.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Tommu posted:

I find all the goonhammer start competing articles informative and fun. All the articles really.

My thinking in having a jr edition of Warhammer was that there’d be a contained way to maintain a simple rules set. Rules bloat is comedically bad here at the end of 8th. Were other editions this bad?

Sure you can always hand a new player a copy of the free rules for 8th but it’s so dry. Handing them the mighty hardback tome and saying, “play how you want” doesn’t make the game any easier to understand. I really think 40k needs a gateway drug. Maybe killteam fills that niche?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Gameko posted:

I find all the goonhammer start competing articles informative and fun. All the articles really.

My thinking in having a jr edition of Warhammer was that there’d be a contained way to maintain a simple rules set. Rules bloat is comedically bad here at the end of 8th. Were other editions this bad?

Sure you can always hand a new player a copy of the free rules for 8th but it’s so dry. Handing them the mighty hardback tome and saying, “play how you want” doesn’t make the game any easier to understand. I really think 40k needs a gateway drug. Maybe killteam fills that niche?

Kill team is supposed to fill that niche. In practice the rules are so bad that unless you're running a super optimized team it turns into a ton of dice rolls for nothing at all to happen.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Despite

Communist Thoughts posted:

my god warhams takes a while. we played for 3 hours and only got to the start of the 2nd round

Liked your battle report. Despite the time taken and the lackluster performance of some of your units did you have fun?

It sounds to me like you had a list with a few things to try while your opponents were playing something much more optimized. I’m sure someone else will give a more helpful analysis though...

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

To be fair Terminators are the coolest dudes in the entire Warhammer roster. Like with me I just want to collect and paint dudes I find cool even if they're subpar, by the end of the year I want to paint a Defiler which I know are very not great since they usually get murked quick from what I've read.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Communist Thoughts posted:

2v2 with me and a bad wolves list i made and didnt realise the guy was gonna take vs a bloody rose jump-pack spam list and ork shooty deathstar flanked by two wings of mek guns (its as bad as it sounds)

the aggressors deployed with the smash captain in ambush 9 inches from the mek guns. the aggressors annihilated a unit of sisters with the bolters and charged in but the fucker had split them into individual units so i gotta declare vs each and risk a dead aggressor. in hindsight i shoulda risked it and charged them all but i charged 2 with the captain then swung around into further back one and my aggressors piled into the close one. both guns die and i pile into the others.
but then the orks fall back and i eat all the other mek guns shots and that pretty much kills aggressors.
my smash captain managed to tank a LOT of shooting and then got charged on 1 wound by the bloody rose warlord, tanked all her hits and then killed her in fight back, so he is definitely MVP.

Unfortunately on the rest of the board the poorly built wolves list just footslogged up, doing nothing (though left completely intact!), my snipers were mostly foiled by grot shields and celestial bodyguards
the sisters list is really straightforward but very nasty, 3 blessed blade cannoness surrounded by bodyguards and everything else is 7 units of deep striking sisters. our lists are almost entirely infantry who get no armour saves from them, they die like paper but they scythe through marines on the charge and they have great charge insurance with +1 and faith dice. they went through 3 of my squads like butter
ork shootin' is extremely strong as always and took another couple of my units, all my scouts are dead and one of my eliminators and the others lost models.

so... bad! but the aggressors did their job, my idea with them was a distraction carnifex to let the wolves advance un-shot. Thinking back i definitely coulda got them into a safer charge position where they wouldnt have died the next turn but that would have left the space wolves to die to smashguns and big mek dakka. we're in a tough position now since the sisters have struck all the objectives natch, but the space wolves are completely alive and getting closer. And my smash captain is still At Large and gets a turn.
Also Shrike, my librarian and my sniper relic lt are all still alive and kicking and my anti character doctrine pops next turn.

Ragnar is in an impulsor thats about 14'' away so i'm thinking that can zip up, deposit him at the end of the move and his charge reroll aura can buff some deepstriking wolfguard to finally get some wolves into combat. the impulsor can charge something to eat overwatch for the smash captain and hopefully block LoS on Rag.
Theres no way to get him charging from disembark im guessing?

Alas, not. That's the blessing and curse of the Impulsor. You zip 14", then can get out and shoot, but not charge.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Paddyo posted:

Has anyone heard any news about when Forgeworld will be coming back online?

hopefully never

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

ThoraxTheImpaler posted:

A while back as a joke I ran a 2k list that was just 52 Deathwing Terminators titled Cap'n Belial: Oops! All Terminators and I photoshopped a cereal box cover to make a cover sheet for the list to hand to opponents. With Ritual of the Damned I realized I had to update the picture to include the Ravenwing Apothecary I added to the list to use the Combined Assault stratagem and I finally got around to making it.

I like this

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Thinking about picking up one of those fancy Sisters of Battle boxes and getting back into stuff over my upcoming holiday time since I'll no longer be able to travel.

Do we have a timeframe for 9th edition? It'd be nice to not have a whole lot of stuff in it be useless if I do buy one.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Gameko posted:

Having played a bunch of kill team with a dude who has sort of used it as a gateway to *maybe* play 40K (he prefers KT), a girl who played KT and 40K with me and wants to play 40K (she prefers that), and my girlfriend who basically like to paint and sort of played KT a little reluctantly but claims she enjoyed it and struggles to play games tactically (in her own words), I feel I've sort of seen most of the main use cases of the entry into the hobby.

Honestly KT is shite in my opinion unless you build a really good team which often requires multiple boxes. High model cost KTs can sort of get away with it, and some armies do get their "best" KT from like one box, but there's plenty that do not.

If I look at the new KTs that were built by my friend group we have:

• T'au - Three pathfinders, 8 drones, and a stealth suit (Box of pathfinders, Box of stealth suits, maybe a box of drones)
  • Tyranids - A lictor, three warriors, maybe 8 hormagaunts (Lictor, Box of warriors, Box of hormagaunts)
  • Astra Militarum - A mix of 3/4 scions and 7ish guardsmen (Box of Guardsmen, box of scions, space marine plasma guns sprue)
  • Grey Knights - Three grey Knights, two grey Knights with special weapons (Box of GK in PA)
  • Eldar - 3 dire avengers, a howling banshee exarch, some guardians (Box of DA, box of Howling Banshees, box of guardians)
  • Deathwatch - Team of 5 vets with a selection of gear (Box of Deathwatch Kill Team)
  • Space Wolves - Vet Sgt, 3/4 dudes with plasma guns or CC weapons, 3 normal dudes (Box of Space Wolves Pack)

The pattern you see is that people often have to buy multiple boxes of units to make a team anyway, which results in 1) a load of unused models and 2) models you can't even use in 40K.

How do you go from a team of scions with:

1) two plasma guns, a hot shot volley gun, a meltagun, and a tempestor prime; plus

2) ten guardsmen, four of which have plasma guns, three with flame throwers, a sergeant, and a grenade launcher

To playing 40K? You buy even more guardsmen when you realise you can't actually use your guardsmen as is. You also realise having the scions stay together means mixing the meltagun and the others is bad and you need a box of scions.

Kill Team is useful in the sense that you go "hey, do you want to try kill team? You only need to buy and paint a single box of guys!" only if they pick one of the factions that actually applies to. You also need to then hope they possibly don't mind buying even more models to actually play 40K.

Even if they did all that though (like say, Grey Knights) explaining the rules to several new players has lead me to the firm belief that small games of 40K are far easier to explain than Kill Team. Stuff like switching activations, modifiers for shooting ranges etc all complicates the game more than 40K, and most teams mean you have maybe 6-12 dudes you need to keep track of and move around and protect. If you play a small game of 40K you may only be controlling 2/3 units.

The short version is you don't need a "junior" set of 40K rules because Open play, designed for new players to use whatever units they have, don't use stratagems or detachments or anything, just the basic rules, and it's already simpler than KT. The problem is many people (including me) are guilty of saying "40K is pointless at 500 points" and then say "if only there was a game you could play that only required a couple of purchases".

Hopefully crusade will fix that in the same way you start with a basic blood bowl team or a basic necromunda gang, those 500 points games have fun missions etc that mean you can buy one or two boxes of models and play in a way that matters.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Corrode posted:

hopefully never

this has probably been asked thousands of times before, but what is the deal with Forgeworld? Why is it a separate thing from the rest of GW?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Winklebottom posted:

this has probably been asked thousands of times before, but what is the deal with Forgeworld? Why is it a separate thing from the rest of GW?

It's the whaling boat it needs a different name.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Winklebottom posted:

Because back in the day superheavies weren't really that much of a part of the main game so they set up FW to do a lot of things they really couldn't, or didn't want to do for 40k as GW. And resin back then was far easier to get a lot of details out of when sculpting. Nowadays it's the Historic gaming section of 40k. Or was I suppose since it's obvious things are getting massively reconstructed behind the scenes right now so we'll see what happens to them.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Dan Didio posted:

Thinking about picking up one of those fancy Sisters of Battle boxes and getting back into stuff over my upcoming holiday time since I'll no longer be able to travel.

Do we have a timeframe for 9th edition? It'd be nice to not have a whole lot of stuff in it be useless if I do buy one.

Most rumours are saying 9th goes up for a two-week pre-order in the middle of July. However Sisters have a pretty new codex that was likely written with 9E in mind, so I would expect them to come through any changes better than most.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

JBP posted:

It's the whaling boat it needs a different name.

Cooked Auto posted:

Because back in the day superheavies weren't really that much of a part of the main game so they set up FW to do a lot of things they really couldn't, or didn't want to do for 40k as GW. And resin back then was far easier to get a lot of details out of when sculpting. Nowadays it's the Historic gaming section of 40k. Or was I suppose since it's obvious things are getting massively reconstructed behind the scenes right now so we'll see what happens to them.

Thanks. I sorta understand them existing for making separate games such as HH or TOW at least. Are they still creating stuff for 40k and AoS? Most of the things I can find seem old-ish, except for some Stormcast heads.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

xtothez posted:

Most rumours are saying 9th goes up for a two-week pre-order in the middle of July. However Sisters have a pretty new codex that was likely written with 9E in mind, so I would expect them to come through any changes better than most.

Alrighty, then.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Winklebottom posted:

Are they still creating stuff for 40k and AoS? Most of the things I can find seem old-ish, except for some Stormcast heads.

Back in the day they had chaos dwarf and fimir models for Fantasy, alongside a bunch of monsters for various factions. I think they all have AoS rules tucked away somewhere but the majority of that got phased out a couple of years ago and now all they really do is 30k and whatever 40k things are left like the Kriegers.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Q: In the latest version of Codex:SM, how are you supposed to take/build Emperor's Spears? The whole Tactics system confuses me now.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Winklebottom posted:

Thanks. I sorta understand them existing for making separate games such as HH or TOW at least. Are they still creating stuff for 40k and AoS? Most of the things I can find seem old-ish, except for some Stormcast heads.

Situation unclear, basically. Any 40k rules for their stuff will be written by the GW studio now rather than FW writing their own rules, which is a blessing because FW are poo poo at rules. Whether they ever make another product intended for 40k again or if they just make 30k stuff that gets brought in is an open question. I suspect the answer is "no" and they're going to focus on HH/TOW.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Shockeh posted:

Q: In the latest version of Codex:SM, how are you supposed to take/build Emperor's Spears? The whole Tactics system confuses me now.

If you're going to play them as successors you're required to make them Ultramarine successors I think, since that's what they are in the fluff. That means you can use the Ultramarines codex supplement stratagems, special doctrine, and special issue wargear, and a couple of stratagems let you take one of the "main" relics and also a UM warlord trait for one guy. For their Chapter Tactic you can pick 2 from the list of tactics in the main Codex - Whirlwind of Rage/Hungry for Battle might represent them well.

You could also use Inheritors of the Primarch to let you use the Ultramarines tactic too, but at that point you might as well just play them as regular Ultramarines painted different.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Winklebottom posted:

Corrode posted:

Situation unclear, basically. Any 40k rules for their stuff will be written by the GW studio now rather than FW writing their own rules, which is a blessing because FW are poo poo at rules. Whether they ever make another product intended for 40k again or if they just make 30k stuff that gets brought in is an open question. I suspect the answer is "no" and they're going to focus on HH/TOW.

I think since 8E all we've seen from FW that's exclusively 40k is the Marine Astraeus and that big Necron walker. Everything else has been 30k stuff that had some quick 40k rules typed up, like Custodes or a few AdMech units.

The 30k pace also seems to have slowed down a bit compared to a few years ago. I wonder if they sent a bunch of FW staff over to specialist games and didn't replace them.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

xtothez posted:

The 30k pace also seems to have slowed down a bit compared to a few years ago. I wonder if they sent a bunch of FW staff over to specialist games and didn't replace them.

Yes, this exactly what happened. After Alan Bligh died it started falling apart, though they are getting back on track lately.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

xtothez posted:

I think since 8E all we've seen from FW that's exclusively 40k is the Marine Astraeus and that big Necron walker. Everything else has been 30k stuff that had some quick 40k rules typed up, like Custodes or a few AdMech units.

Honestly, the 30k releases have been pretty consistent in the last year. At least up until COVID-19 and the subsequent shutdown. They were ramping up for the release of Book 9, after all, and we've still got more DA/NL units and the Lion coming. It's nothing like the Dark Times between books 7 and 8.

My guess is that FW hasn't reopened yet because GW needs all the manpower and production capacity to catch up with their plastic range.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/04/taking-command-of-your-pointsgw-homepage-post-1/

Today's 9th ed topic is Command Points. Where now them being locked to whatever level of game (Combat Patrol/Incursion/Strike Force/Onslaught) you might be playing at. And now detachments will also cost you points but your first 'core' detachment one is free due to any detachment involving your warlord having their cost refunded. I admittedly got some of that wrong due to mostly skimming through the articles. Either way it appears to me as if detachments have grown in scope compared to before based on how the battalion one looks like.
Also a further elaboration what the command phase details.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 4, 2020

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Looks like they brought power levels in line with points too, at an simpler 1:10 ratio.

My hormaguants & gargoyles are going to love that new falling back stratagem... :sickos:

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
New command point each turn sounds great. Looks like you're still going to need troops too, which is great.

I wonder if there's still going to be a cap like there's been, and if it remains if it will raise

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing
Also looks like you might get command points based on what detachment your warlord is in. It looked like it said +3 cp if your warlord was in a battalion.

I wonder if this means that those warscroll groups from AOS that give bonus if you have certain units in them will be be coming to 40k.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I gave up on 40K a while ago, so correct me if I'm wrong but melee having a range is new right? Wonder if we are going to see AoS style melee weapon ranges.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/04/taking-command-of-your-pointsgw-homepage-post-1/

Today's 9th ed topic is Command Points. Where now them being locked to whatever level of game (Combat Patrol/Incursion/Strike Force/Onslaught) you might be playing at. And now detachments will also cost you points but your first 'core' detachment one is free due to any detachment involving your warlord having their cost refunded. I admittedly got some of that wrong due to mostly skimming through the articles. Either way it appears to me as if detachments have grown in scope compared to before based on how the battalion one looks like.
Also a further elaboration what the command phase details.

Mortal wounds attack of opportunity on enemies which fall back from combat. It’s a stratagem. Procs on a 6. Roll a d6 for each cc model that us within engagement range of the falling back models.

That’s nice. It’s faster than conventional hits because it’s a straight MW check. And that’s balanced by costing a CP.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Whatever detachment has your warlord in it has its cost refunded so it's free, that way you don't pay for your "main" one.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Once 9e hits, it's still going to be a little while before any new codex books hit right? Or are they going to release new ones for whatever is in the box set right away? I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying the current SM codex or not.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

the moose posted:

Also looks like you might get command points based on what detachment your warlord is in. It looked like it said +3 cp if your warlord was in a battalion.

I wonder if this means that those warscroll groups from AOS that give bonus if you have certain units in them will be be coming to 40k.

If you look, the Battalion costs 3cp. So your Warlord gives you +3 cp and that offsets the cost. So all detachments have a cost, and having a warlord in one likely negates the cost. I suspect that works for things like Knights who won't have a battalion so whatever a super heavy detachment costs having your Knight Warlord refunds that same cost, so 5 knights can be in a detachment at zero CP cost.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Funzo posted:

Once 9e hits, it's still going to be a little while before any new codex books hit right? Or are they going to release new ones for whatever is in the box set right away? I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying the current SM codex or not.

They allegedly designed 8th Ed books to be compatible with 9th. And SM are a newer book.

That said, points are being adjusted, new phases are being added, there’s likely a ton more changes... and I don’t see how the current codexes can really work with the next edition.

There’s going to basically be giant erratas and faqs at launch for every book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/04/the-art-of-new40k/

Also the new art for 9th ed looks so good. :discourse: