Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

If GW is advancing the story into M42 it makes sense anyway, since eventually oldmarines Firstborn will all cross the Rubicon or die from attrition? Sooner or later all marines ought to be primaris if no more oldmarines are being produced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I’m cautiously optimistic with the 9th stuff. I run guard and was initially a bit shitted off with troops being de-emphasised and a brigade being not as useful as a CP store, but it’s looking more well rounded.

Question for the group, do we think they’re going to re-print every single 1st founding Space Marine Chapter again in 9th Ed? It feels like that was a really odd spike in the long history of codecies.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Vlex posted:

If GW is advancing the story into M42 it makes sense anyway, since eventually oldmarines Firstborn will all cross the Rubicon or die from attrition? Sooner or later all marines ought to be primaris if no more oldmarines are being produced?

Inshallah

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1268665798467432449

And then one of the first replies is essentially the kind of person they tell to get lost. :v:

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

Cooked Auto posted:

And then one of the first replies is essentially the kind of person they tell to get lost. :v:

Fantastic to see the responses being a withering hail of bolt shells, each inscribed with 'you will not be missed'

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Texmo posted:

Fantastic to see the responses being a withering hail of bolt shells, each inscribed with 'you will not be missed'

Seeker Bolts?

:shrug:

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Is nice for them finally to flat out say no chuds misogyny racists etc are not welcome in no uncertain terms.

They've made it subtle in the past an chuds thought it didn't apply to them, hard to ignore it now.

They will not be missed.

gently caress chuds.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

This owns

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
Has there been anything to address the specific treatment Josh Mallett received, as detailed in the goonhammer article today?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

Has there been anything to address the specific treatment Josh Mallett received, as detailed in the goonhammer article today?

Nope.

In all honesty there probably won't be either. Tony is like a tumour.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Man I love that they took that one last step at the end and said get hosed

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Endman posted:

Nope.

In all honesty there probably won't be either. Tony is like a tumour.

Have there been any other events like this one?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

xtothez posted:

Have there been any other events like this one?

He was a creepo about the Eschers IIRC?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

From what I've heard he's just generally a weird rear end in a top hat at open days.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Post it on Warhammer Community, you loving cowards.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Schadenboner posted:

Post it on games-workshop.com, you loving cowards.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i tweeted at em :shrug:

GW's been decent lately so I hope they do the right thing and cut ties.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I in no way want to diminish the man's experience or feelings, but what does "the black guy at the end of Avengers" mean?

It clearly made him felt unwelcomed, and his feelings are valid and deserve to be addressed.

I haven't seen Avengers since it came out and don't understand the context of what that meant or how it's bad.

In other words, I'm trying to ask sincerely how that was racist - not dismissively asking "pffft how was that racist?" if that makes sense.

E: I'm probably focusing too much on the Avengers part and not "the black guy" part

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

moths posted:

I in no way want to diminish the man's experience or feelings, but what does "the black guy at the end of Avengers" mean?

It clearly made him felt unwelcomed, and his feelings are valid and deserve to be addressed.

I haven't seen Avengers since it came out and don't understand the context of what that meant or how it's bad.

In other words, I'm trying to ask sincerely how that was racist - not dismissively asking "pffft how was that racist?" if that makes sense.

E: I'm probably focusing too much on the Avengers part and not "the black guy" part

I had to dig into this a bit earlier today since I have not seen a single avengers movie in the last decade.

At the end of Avengers: Endgame, there's a scene with old Captain America passing on his shield to a younger character to carry on the "role," and the character in question is black. The actor in question bears a very slight resemblance Josh Mallett. If I understand the situation correctly, the remark comes across as expressing the sentiment that "all people of color look alike," with the person expressing it being a white presenter in front of a mostly white audience, who then laughed.

I may be mistaken but that is my inference having watched the instagram post and googled some Endgame footage.

Legendary Ptarmigan fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 5, 2020

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
So I got my Space Marine action figure a week or two ago and I'm pretty happy with it. Then this morning another package arrives and uhh. I got another one?? I know I didn't order two but hell I'll take it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I may be mistaken but that is my inference having watched the instagram post and googled some Endgame footage.

This makes sense, thank you.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Regarding the "Cut Them Down" strat:

While it's better than the current scenario of your dudes just letting the other guys just walk away, I can't help but feel it's lackluster. Only one unit gets to do it due to it being a stratagem and even if it's a squad of 30 you'll only average 5 wounds. I'm just comparing to Overwatch that gets to do it as much as they want as long as the unit isn't already engaged.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

I had to dig into this a bit earlier today since I have not seen a single avengers movie in the last decade.

At the end of Avengers: Endgame, there's a scene with old Captain America passing on his shield to a younger character to carry on the "role," and the character in question is black. The actor in question bears a very slight resemblance Josh Mallett. If I understand the situation correctly, the remark comes across as expressing the sentiment that "all people of color look alike," with the person expressing it being a white presenter in front of a mostly white audience, who then laughed.

I'm not seeing a resemblance to Anthonie Mackie.

Maybe he meant the Wakandans showing up? Whatever he meant, the most positive spin which can be put on it is that it was racism arising from ignorance and a lack of interaction with POC, rather than spite. So best case, it's unmistakably racist crap and GW ought to move aggressively.

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
Maybe Overwatch will be the same concept now. They did say it was changing and that there's 7 core strats.

Entirely possible that this is in addition to reverse overwatch or some way of preventing people from disengaging too.

But yeah if overwatch is mostly the same and this is the only boost to preventing fall back, it is kind of lackluster

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Floppychop posted:

Regarding the "Cut Them Down" strat:

While it's better than the current scenario of your dudes just letting the other guys just walk away, I can't help but feel it's lackluster. Only one unit gets to do it due to it being a stratagem and even if it's a squad of 30 you'll only average 5 wounds. I'm just comparing to Overwatch that gets to do it as much as they want as long as the unit isn't already engaged.

Overwatch gets to do it as much as they want as long as the unit isn't already engaged. So, once, usually. And they don't do mortals.

The strat is fine, "only" five mortal wounds is a misuse of the word only.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
The idea of 30 gretchin dealing 5 mortal wounds to a dreadnought attempting to leave combat is enough to make me happy.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Maneck posted:

I'm not seeing a resemblance to Anthonie Mackie.

Oh I agree. Beyond the fact that Mackie has a short beard for the film (as Mallett does) there is very little there.

Calling their resemblance "very slight," "passing," or even "tenuous" may be overly generous to the situation.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
I can see how that seemed like it was contradicting you, whereas I intended agreement that any explanation is grasping at straws. Sorry!

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
There were some tweets from James Hewitt a few hours back about how at least up until fairly recently GW didn't even like their employees talking about things on social media that weren't warhammer minis.

So, while the statement is kinda weaksauce in a vacuum (they don't mention black people or police violence et al), that they made a statement at all, let alone one rebuking an uncomfortably sizeable portion of their fanbase, feels kinda big?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

The Jumpoff posted:

The idea of 30 gretchin dealing 5 mortal wounds to a dreadnought attempting to leave combat is enough to make me happy.

Yeah, it's interesting really because it does give some teeth to big blob units if you try to run away, but interestingly it isn't just "pick a unit and they do it" it's "all models within engagement range". This means say you counter charge something with multiple squads of guardsmen, it's not actually too hard to force a position where if someone falls back you can get a similar effect.

A useful against units that can shoot and fall back. I doubt my guardsmen would live long enough to be a threat while falling back that you can't just kill with guns and my Grey Knights will probably mash anything the paladins fight and the MSU strike squads will likely get pasted by a thing remotely tough in combat anyway. Good against little shits like T'au though who will want to engage and fall back with crisis suits.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hi I'm bad with money and bought more stuff off eBay, only some of which I need

When it comes in I will have

1) Four to Five Iron Hands Pauldrons (metal)

2) 8 Deathwatch Pauldrons (metal)

If you play IH or DW send me a pm with your address and I will send them to you as soon as they come in!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I think it was someone here or in another thread and mentioned lady chaos space marine models and I think that would incredibly own and make the chuds gently caress off more.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Spudd posted:

I think it was someone here or in another thread and mentioned lady chaos space marine models and I think that would incredibly own and make the chuds gently caress off more.

And a few women in the unhelmeted Primaris heads, please. Don't even give them different bodies, just make it clear that any given helmeted Primaris marine could be a woman.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

GW can now finally reveal that the two missing Primarches and lost legions were women. :getin:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Ashcans posted:

GW can now finally reveal that the two missing Primarches and lost legions were women. :getin:

lmao can you imagine the posts

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Spudd posted:

I'll be putting lady Stormcast heads and Escher heads on some marines whenever shipping happens, I'll post pics one day!

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Ashcans posted:

This would rule.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Russ didn't actually execute the legions, he just gave them really bad directions by accident

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Russ didn't actually execute the legions, he just gave them really bad directions by accident

Nah he would have been doing his idiot warrior king bit and told them when the moon and stars align and the jaws of the wolf close, you will make a right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

xtothez posted:

Is the thing in the top left a reference to the Astartes fan video?

the thing in the astartes video is based on old 40k lore I believe