Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cowcaster posted:

i didn't get the joke so i clicked through and read some of the replies and now i get the joke but i wish i could go back to not getting the joke, it was preferable

It wasn't a very good joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I can't believe FFXIV:ARR is going to be the first game I beat this year. hosed up

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

why beat games when you can get to the final boss of something and then just let it sit forever

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

why beat games when you can get to the final boss of something and then just let it sit forever

I've done this more than once.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cowcaster posted:

no that's terrible

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The only games I can think of where I did that were Ni No Kuni and whatever the Star Ocean was with Edge Maverick

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i did that with batman arkham asylum when i realized it was just the same lovely “flip over him and do the move” fight i had already done a bunch of times throughout the rest of the game. cool game otherwise though

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

I sometimes do that but only because I don't want the game to end

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER posted:

I sometimes do that but only because I don't want the game to end

Still remember playing the shooting game at the end of Sam & Max and never wanting it to end :(

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cowcaster posted:

Persona 4 and Sekiro are my most painful examples of this.

This was also FF7 for a decade or so.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Cowcaster posted:

technically speaking this means that you are defeated by the final boss

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i found a cult of farmers who massacred anyone who came close to their base to spill blood on their crops to fertilize them. as they came out to fight me two other factions both had patrols come by and all three fought each other. i cleaned up the rest and then went in to get their leader. he had a 15k bounty and this weapon on him which looks like the highest quality ive ever seen

i dont have anyone using hackers yet but im going to keep this one for when i do

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

kenshi.... is v good

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

that equipment screen is 90s pcgaming af

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Is this game like the first Fallout? The colour pallette reminds me of it.

I should replay Fallout 1 and 2, it's been about 12 years.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

That's even better. Speaking of that

https://twitter.com/XioRouge/status/1268281411129298952?s=20

What are some good kpop groups to stan? Was looking at the feed but they don't have names on the fan cams that i can tell.

Red Velvet are my fav all time kpop group.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QslJYDX3o8s

Also like people have said before TWICE is really good. Mamamoo are pretty sweet too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOHB85vDuow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Yl2_e3PEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhTeiaCezwM

bovis fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 5, 2020

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i don't really listen to k-pop but here's some korean music i like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDc5mttf5u8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpmtnLLZPcg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQuqXYVYy14

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Stux posted:

kenshi.... is v good

it seems good but I always struggle with these strategy sandbox things

I think rimworld is real cool but I've slid off it a few times now

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

wow i completely forgot that i played animal crossing

put that on my finished list

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Kerrzhe posted:

wow i completely forgot that i played animal crossing

put that on my finished list

Shouldn't that be in the cannot escape their dark embrace pile?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rinkles posted:

that equipment screen is 90s pcgaming af

extremely fallout ui in general

Convex posted:

Is this game like the first Fallout? The colour pallette reminds me of it.

I should replay Fallout 1 and 2, it's been about 12 years.

theres for sure some fallout influence but theres a lot of differences really. the exploring a map and just stumbling across stuff part is there but there is even more of a "make your own fun/story" to it than fallout. the combat is real time and more automatic and stat based, the game its most like is rimworld? its like if you took rimworld and put it into an old school giant open world rpg

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rimworld has an end goal, does kenshi have an end goal?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think you make your own end goal, theres def what feel like "end game" things i could do but i dont think theres anything like rimworlds explicit end no

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Shouldn't that be in the cannot escape their dark embrace pile?

i put it down pretty much immediately after i finished the "story" and haven't touched it since. it was pretty easy for me to escape, but i pray for my brethren who remain trapped.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Buying games you don't finish? Sorry, can't relate

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So instead of playing anything on my current backlog, I decided to mod my dusty PSP. Now I've got Legend of Dragoon, Wild Arms and half a dozen GBA RPGs to ponder playing. And I'm still slowly working my way through FFX and SMT IV.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Stux posted:

extremely fallout ui in general

theres for sure some fallout influence but theres a lot of differences really. the exploring a map and just stumbling across stuff part is there but there is even more of a "make your own fun/story" to it than fallout. the combat is real time and more automatic and stat based, the game its most like is rimworld? its like if you took rimworld and put it into an old school giant open world rpg

Oh that sounds interesting, cheers!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

daermon posted:

So instead of playing anything on my current backlog, I decided to mod my dusty PSP. Now I've got Legend of Dragoon, Wild Arms and half a dozen GBA RPGs to ponder playing. And I'm still slowly working my way through FFX and SMT IV.

It's hard to go back to that screen after spending any time with the Vita

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rinkles posted:

It's hard to go back to that screen after spending any time with the Vita

Never had one. I skipped about 2 generations of consoles and out of what I do have I'm only comfortable attempting to mod the PSP and Wii.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

A lot of game companies are donating to worthy causes right now and it is getting a lot of people with Pepe variants in their avatars very, very mad.

Personally got a racist more or less screaming mad at me and Paradox for saying his anger was a secondary benefit to their donation.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

i put it down pretty much immediately after i finished the "story" and haven't touched it since. it was pretty easy for me to escape, but i pray for my brethren who remain trapped.

:captainpop:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

everything before that point is the bad part of new horizons, though

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

homeless snail posted:

everything before that point is the bad part of new horizons, though

i need goals put in front of me to keep me motivated or else i'll just stop. the goals ran out, so i stopped. like i could have set a goal to collect every fish and insect and fossil, but that would be spread out over the whole year. what would i do in the meantime, grind bells? for what?

i'm not creative enough to spend my time designing my perfect island, i just dont really care how it looks. i satisfied my meager creative spark with what i did manage to design, so i called the game done.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dunno i just open it up for a few minutes a day dig up some fossils catch some fish say hi to my pals and close it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

MMO daily quests

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theres no goal or aim i just like to sit with it and chill for a little each day like a digital zen garden

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Welp I'm all in on kpop i guess.

https://youtu.be/qa0FAQkhA0M

Bts and ateez for now, gotta figure out what this jungkook stuff means.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
actually you'll find that it's a huge giant checklist of things you NEED to obtain and or accomplish and it's nintendo's fault actually that it's a pain in the rear end to play because you decided to time travel 50 times per play session and do tedious content you're not even interested in just because it has a thing it gives you

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

killing the slaver and causing that outpost to fall to ruin lead to one of the local allied cities which relied on it for food changing. a couple of stores have closed up and fallen into disrepair and the townspeople who havnt left the settlement entirely are all struggling to get enough food to eat.

a bit in awe of how well this game with no proper narrative or quests is handling me messing around with parts of the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

sounds like you're supplying their food now