Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will you vote for in 2020?
This poll is closed.
Biden 425 18.06%
Trump 105 4.46%
whoever the Green Party runs 307 13.05%
GOOGLE RON PAUL 151 6.42%
Bernie Sanders 346 14.70%
Stalin 246 10.45%
Satan 300 12.75%
Nobody 202 8.58%
Jess Scarane 110 4.67%
mystery man Brian Carroll of the American Solidarity Party 61 2.59%
Dick Nixon 100 4.25%
Total: 2089 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

StratGoatCom posted:

This is the worst aspect of a Biden win - all the wrong lessons would be learned, enthusiasm drops through the floor and we get president Cotton or Crenshaw, as they try a gameplan that only worked against a flailing failprez.

The one thing saving us is that Cotton just lost his dumbass primary.

A big flaming stink posted:

https://twitter.com/DavidShuster/status/1268649374961356802

jesus christ how tf can you think this would be GOOD for biden?????

The campaign, and the Democratic Party in general, only gives a poo poo about pandering to conservatives since they just assume that they already have the votes of anyone to the left of Hitler. Hence courting the endorsement of one of the greatest butchers in American history.

Maybe 'ol Joe should go for some police union endorsements right now too.

Dr Pepper posted:

Oh hey just a reminder that Joe Biden is a rapist who the DNC cheated to get the nomination and don't vote for him.

:actually: it's not cheating since dems can just make up whatever rules they want for their primary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Marxalot posted:

The one thing saving us is that Cotton just lost his dumbass primary.

Cotton ran unopposed for the nomination, and the Democrat who was running against him dropped out. There's a Libertarian running against him, but unless something crazy happens, he's going to be reelected.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Biden clearly did appeal to the left, because Bernie Sanders supported him almost right away, and very enthusiastically. He successfully courted them, he got Sanders and Warren, although Warren took a bit more convincing. If he gets George W. Bush as well, it really goes to show that he is not just the consensus pick of the Democratic Party, but the nation as well.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Marxalot posted:

Maybe 'ol Joe should go for some police union endorsements right now too.

I think it's very likely that Biden will still pick Amy Klobuchar for VP.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Epicurius posted:

Cotton ran unopposed for the nomination, and the Democrat who was running against him dropped out. There's a Libertarian running against him, but unless something crazy happens, he's going to be reelected.

poo poo, I had confused Cotton with Steve King for a minute. Steve King was the fashy dipshit who lost.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/politics/steve-king-iowa-randy-feenstra/index.html

Dr Pepper posted:

I think it's very likely that Biden will still pick Amy Klobuchar for VP.

Possibly. They'd just wait a few months for the protests to die off and hope everything goes back to whatever the hell counts as normal these days.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Pick posted:

Biden clearly did appeal to the left, because Bernie Sanders supported him almost right away, and very enthusiastically. He successfully courted them, he got Sanders and Warren, although Warren took a bit more convincing. If he gets George W. Bush as well, it really goes to show that he is not just the consensus pick of the Democratic Party, but the nation as well.

Bernie's biggest single error was greater loyalty to the party then it ever extended him; this isn't left conversion, its misguided friendship and insufficient aggression. Warren is just angling for vp again (fruitlessly, again). Bush, and his own words to the donors are more accurate bellweathers of allegiance.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pick posted:

Wait wait wait. Are you, Pick, trying to say that Warren was to Bernie's left? Because your post falls apart if she wasn't, since it would be admitting that there is more than ideology at play and you should know better than saying he appealed to the left.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/1268738899616182272

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

I thought he was going for the whole Deplorables gimmick again, but after I got around the dumb paywall it was just your bog standard halfassed pablum about unity and "this isn't what we are".

I swear if the dems manage to throw another election in favor of -this- bullshit lmao https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1268735069415526402?s=20

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Euphoriaphone posted:

How were they fired up in 2018? Kavanaugh was already confirmed a month before the election, and there was no other pressing casus belli in the right wing sphere urging Republican turnout (that I can remember at least). While Democrats were urged to vote as a show of force to condemn Trump.

It's debatable how encouraged Democratic turnout will be this year relative to 2018, but it's undeniable that Trump's base will be more fired up than the midterms.

They broke the record for GOP votes in a mid term by like 5 million votes IIRC and they still got creamed.

Anyways...
https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1268756891678752772

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
https://mobile.twitter.com/edburmila/status/1268743789688037377

Joe Biden proposes asking police to shoot to maim, in order to solve this problem.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1268709697131024384

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dubya's endorsement is not going to help Biden.

Republicans have been well-trained when it comes to eating their own. If Bush comes out in favor of Joe, he'll be a RINO traitor to the nation before they're done airing the endorsement clip.
All his endorsement will do is let the :decorum: ghouls who were already in the tank for Ol' Rapin' Joe pat themselves on the back and add imaginary points to whatever scorecard they think they're playing by.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

the_steve posted:

Dubya's endorsement is not going to help Biden.

Republicans have been well-trained when it comes to eating their own. If Bush comes out in favor of Joe, he'll be a RINO traitor to the nation before they're done airing the endorsement clip.
All his endorsement will do is let the :decorum: ghouls who were already in the tank for Ol' Rapin' Joe pat themselves on the back and add imaginary points to whatever scorecard they think they're playing by.

Meanwhile everybody who's been thinking "Biden's gonna get us into another forever war" is looking at this and then considering finishing that bottle of whiskey.

Does Biden or his family have any unfinished military business the way that the Bushes did?

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Imagine every event of 2020 coming together to make you president and all you have to do is not say dumb poo poo. Just say some empty platitudes, wave to the crowd, then let Trump be Trump.

But you just can't help but blow that "despite making up only 13% of the population" dog whistle anyway.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Somfin posted:

Meanwhile everybody who's been thinking "Biden's gonna get us into another forever war" is looking at this and then considering finishing that bottle of whiskey.

Does Biden or his family have any unfinished military business the way that the Bushes did?

Besides Biden's well-documented desperate need to appease Republicans over literally anyone else?

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Biden calling 10-15% of Americans not very good people is funny as hell given what happened with 47% and deplorable.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

I would love to hear how this actually makes him a master politician instead of a malfunctioning AI doomed to speedrun the mistakes of previous elections

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Besides Biden's well-documented desperate need to appease Republicans over literally anyone else?

Yeah, I meant in addition to that.

FallenGod posted:

Imagine every event of 2020 coming together to make you president and all you have to do is not say dumb poo poo. Just say some empty platitudes, wave to the crowd, then let Trump be Trump.

But you just can't help but blow that "despite making up only 13% of the population" dog whistle anyway.

I checked this one just to be sure, and sure enough, there's literally only one racial group that fits between ten and fifteen percent of the population.

If he didn't mean for us to look for matching percentages, why did he make it a range from ten to fifteen. Not some pablum about how some folks just ain't very good I reckon, but hinting at a specific, measurable slice of the population? Beyond that, why would he try to divide people? Why now?

Especially after Bernie's wildly successful "Not me, us" campaign framing. And before folks say "well if it was successful why didn't he win," winning isn't the be-all and end-all for folks who have actual principles.

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things

Pick posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
D&D moderators display pattern recognition!? What's next object permanence?

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Somfin posted:

If he didn't mean for us to look for matching percentages, why did he make it a range from ten to fifteen.

To be fair, he probably just drooled out the first low-number range he could think of.

I think ascribing motives to Biden’s actions is a lot like trying to do it with Trump. They’re just motivated by spite, senility and narcissism at this point. Why does Joe Biden want to be president, even? What is his ambition, beyond just holding the office he’s coveted most of his life?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

rko posted:

To be fair, he probably just drooled out the first low-number range he could think of.

I think ascribing motives to Biden’s actions is a lot like trying to do it with Trump. They’re just motivated by spite, senility and narcissism at this point. Why does Joe Biden want to be president, even? What is his ambition, beyond just holding the office he’s coveted most of his life?

Biden is a senile old rapist who just does what his handlers tell him. He has no ambition or drive because those are qualities human beings not just waiting to die in a half asleep state have.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

why is biden angling to be endorsed by a racist that let new orleans drown? why does he think that's a good idea? what signal does that send the people protesting the treatment of black people by our nation at the moment?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Condiv posted:

why is biden angling to be endorsed by a racist that let new orleans drown? why does he think that's a good idea? what signal does that send the people protesting the treatment of black people by our nation at the moment?

This isn't rocket science. He's going for a "all living ex-presidents endorse me, even the one from GOP. That's how terrible Trump is" message.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Charlz Guybon posted:

This isn't rocket science. He's going for a "all living ex-presidents endorse me, even the one from GOP. That's how terrible Trump is" message.

it's a stupid message, and it's disappointing that dems continue to rehabilitate bush and his administration

the only people who should remember bush fondly are republicans, and even they didn't care for him much after 2008. why are liberals hugging him and begging him to endorse democrats? the man is absolute slime

Condiv fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 5, 2020

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

rko posted:

I think ascribing motives to Biden’s actions is a lot like trying to do it with Trump. They’re just motivated by spite, senility and narcissism at this point.

I don't think there's a motive, like I don't think that Biden is a Klansman or whatnot, but I do think that there's an underlying network of assumptions and half-truths that he's working from that are sourced from and massively support white supremacy; the same assumptions and half-truths he's been working from his entire life but now only half-glimpsed through fog. He knows that there's something he read once about how 12% of the population account for most of the crime, so he vague-ified that up to make sure he wasn't completely off and drooled it out.

It is exactly, exactly, what Trump gets so much criticism for.

rko posted:

Why does Joe Biden want to be president, even? What is his ambition, beyond just holding the office he’s coveted most of his life?

That is, quite literally, all that he is going for. He wants this power that he feels has been denied him, and he's wanted it for a long time, and he'll have it or he'll die trying. He has no plans to use it nor ideas about what to use it for, he just wants it because it is power and liberals crave and covet power as an abstract concept.

You might notice that this is the motivation behind really bad and dumb comic book villains.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

biden being endorsed by bush is literally way more problematic than the joe rogan endorsement everyone gave bernie poo poo for. at least joe rogan didn't do rendition, cia black sites, intentionally let black people drown out of pure racist spite, etc.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Charlz Guybon posted:

They also have their responsibility for the Iraq war in common

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Condiv posted:

biden being endorsed by bush is literally way more problematic than the joe rogan endorsement everyone gave bernie poo poo for. at least joe rogan didn't do rendition, cia black sites, intentionally let black people drown out of pure racist spite, etc.

Joe Rogan, has not, to my knowledge, murdered 1.2 million Iraqis.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

PsychedelicWarlord posted:

Joe Rogan, has not, to my knowledge, murdered 1.2 million Iraqis.

that reminds me, doesn't biden claim that bush lied and tricked him into supporting the iraq war? why is he seeking the endorsement of a murderous liar who fooled him into supporting a needless, pointless, bloody quagmire?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Condiv posted:

that reminds me, doesn't biden claim that bush lied and tricked him into supporting the iraq war? why is he seeking the endorsement of a murderous liar who fooled him into supporting a needless, pointless, bloody quagmire?

Fool me twice, well, you don't get fooled again.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Condiv posted:

Because there is no level to which Biden can stoop that would cause him to lose support from the people who are purely voting against Trump.

E: Please note this applies only to polling people in their own homes. Actually motivating those same people to go vote for him is a different story.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
i think I would prefer a candidate who doesn't take endorsements from war criminals.

But I can also see why it's incredibly demoralizing to have the only other living Republican President actively endorse the opposition. Especially if you think doing so can open the floodgates to other Republicans turning.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 5, 2020

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Timeless Appeal posted:

i think it would prefer a candidate who doesn't take endorsements from war criminals.

But I can also see why it's incredibly demoralizing to have the only other living Republican President actively endorse the opposition. Especially if you think doing so can open the floodgates to other Republicans turning.

They also might think Texas is close enough that Bush peeling off a percent or two there could flip the state. But that's wishful thinking.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FallenGod posted:

It was a dumb comment, typical Biden gaffe and unnervingly reminiscent of “deplorables”, but to interpret this as Biden saying or trying to imply that black people “aren’t very good people” is completely loving insane.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mellow Seas posted:

It was a dumb comment, typical Biden gaffe and unnervingly reminiscent of “deplorables”, but to interpret this as Biden saying or trying to imply that black people “aren’t very good people” is completely loving insane.

I need to emphasise that the following is a genuine question and it comes from a place of real curiosity about where your faith in Biden is based, despite it looking for all the world like a one-word shitpost. Without an answer, I have to call this response a bald-faced appeal to ridicule rather than an actual attempt to engage with the situation at hand.

Why?

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somfin posted:

I need to emphasise that the following is a genuine question and it comes from a place of real curiosity about where your faith in Biden is based, despite it looking for all the world like a one-word shitpost. Without an answer, I have to call this response a bald-faced appeal to ridicule rather than an actual attempt to engage with the situation at hand.

Why?

I’m ridiculing it because its ridiculous.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Epicurius posted:

There's a "progressive independent" running. I don't know anything about him but he can't possibly be worse than the other two candidates.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mellow Seas posted:

I’m ridiculing it because its ridiculous.

I didn't ask why you're ridiculing it. It's very obvious that you're ridiculing it because you think it's ridiculous. You might also notice that other people disagree. Could you explain why you think it's ridiculous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somfin posted:

I didn't ask why you're ridiculing it. It's very obvious that you're ridiculing it because you think it's ridiculous. You might also notice that other people disagree. Could you explain why you think it's ridiculous?
It was an event specifically aimed at black supporters moderated by Don Cheadle.

I mean it would be ridiculous even without that, but let’s just start there. And stop there.