Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which happens first?
This poll is closed.
Luffy becomes the Pirate King 9 8.26%
Asta becomes the Wizard King 5 4.59%
Deku becomes the Symbol Of Peace 10 9.17%
Shippuden stops airing 8 7.34%
We all die 77 70.64%
Total: 109 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, normally people learn from mistakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

They probably had to get something they already had broadcast rights to.

There's a bunch of stuff they have like rights to in perpetuity. Though I guess if nothing else they can definitely claim Ballmasterz is "shaking things up" more than just running Big O again.

(I mean, I wouldn't mind a good rewatch of Bebop, but whatever I guess)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

We don't know how long this Jojo delay will be, so presumably they didn't want to get anything too long.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

TwoPair posted:

There's a bunch of stuff they have like rights to in perpetuity. Though I guess if nothing else they can definitely claim Ballmasterz is "shaking things up" more than just running Big O again.

(I mean, I wouldn't mind a good rewatch of Bebop, but whatever I guess)

Raid the rest of the Toonami vault while dealing with dubbing delays or programming in general. Not waiting to bring Bebop back until the live action show premieres is a mistake that I can't comprehend anyone involved in the T.V. business making. Put it in the first slot of the night then and allow the viewer bump that comes with it to hopefully carry over to the rest of the block. The only thing keeping bebop from being a great kickoff show for Toonami is the fact that everyone's seen it already, but that's nicely erased by the new eyes that will be drawn to it thanks to the new show. Old fans of the show will also be keyed up for a rewatch by the new adaptation as well.

I also don't mind Toonami making weird moves. Even as someone who isn't watching it I'm comforted by its existence, and this feels like the type of move you make when you feel confident that Toonami isn't in danger of being cancelled again.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Rhonne posted:

What are the odds Black Clover gets moved to the front of the block after MHA finishes up?

if this happens, i will hunt you down and hit you with bricks for even so much as suggesting such dark thoughts, let alone setting them into motion. It's bad efuckingnough that they're making my sweet beautiful child play bottom bitch to that loving garbage can of a show; nobody on the entire face of the goddamn planet needs to even so much as think about the kind of unmedicated psychosis that would drive someone to try to anchor a programming block around it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Legitimately, RWBY episodes aren't consistent enough in length. They get longer as the series progresses but there are episodes of the first season that are literally four minutes long.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

We all know we are getting the Black Clove/Naruto power hour lead in hour.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

A Toonami employee goes into the storage closet, blows dust off a box labeled "IGPX".

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Let's just watch Cowboy Bebop again

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

*banging fists on table*

👏 KO 👏 NO 👏 SU 👏 BA 👏 KO 👏 NO 👏 SU 👏 BA 👏

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dangerous Person posted:

Let's just watch Space Dandy again

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hey, if people aren't going to watch much of Toonami this week if at all would people be opposed to me trying to do a movie night after Goonami? Thinking about doing Attack the Block again in honor of the protests.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Hell, I'm game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Go ahead.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Maybe after Paranoia Agent? I still wanna see the first time viewers reactions but I also join you guys.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

dungeon cousin posted:

Maybe after Paranoia Agent? I still wanna see the first time viewers reactions but I also join you guys.

Yeah, I was planning it after Paranoia Agent

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't think I'm gonna be doing the feature presentation of Goonami this week. I just haven't had time or energy to prepare it what with....yeah. I'll still have the room open for videos though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Another dub episode of MHA got added to streaming, but I think Toonami is waiting for the other two to finish.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Aren't there only two episodes left in the season already?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh, that's discouraging. I may have to go to bed after Mob Psycho.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Are you gonna do the movie during the normal goonami slot Arist ?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

fit em all up in there posted:

Are you gonna do the movie during the normal goonami slot Arist ?

No, we're gonna do it after Paranoia Agent

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

The Intolerable Horror of Existence - AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Paranoia Agent -

Funky Valentine posted:

The mind is a plaything of the body. And reality can sometimes be the plaything of - oh my loving god, what the gently caress is this script? The father - loving what, and then it turns out that - but wait, hold on, what in the actual gently caress -

Black Clover Episode 119: The Long, Dark Teatime of Skullcrusher Mountain - Dietrich and Rusty gather the Pirate Lords in a desperate alliance to oppose Napoleon Babbin-Tolouse's efforts to control the seven seas

Jojo Pt. 5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Bt1E6VJ5M

BALLMASTRZ FILLS IN FOR JOJO STARTING TONIGHT[

baaaaallmastrrrrrrrzzzz

It has been 85 weeks since Cowboy Bebop was last on Toonami

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Actually, I'm flip-flopping one whether we're going to do Attack the Block before or after PA. I think before might make more sense now that I consider it. The movie's just under 90 minutes, so let's put it on at about 11?

Anyway, preshow time:

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'll be in in a bit

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Just a reminder, we're watching Attack the Block in 30 minutes

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I was kidding about IGPX, but okay.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

i'm going to be honest: there have been times over the past few years where the clear lack of any kind of hope or optimism for the future has made me consider abandoning polite society and becoming a domestic terrorist

i'm still not sure if not doing so is more about still having some kind of hope of escaping this hellishness, or being too heavily beaten down by life to think that even that would have any point or purpose

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 7, 2020

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Funky Valentine posted:

I was kidding about IGPX, but okay.

Did they they were bringing it on again

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

fit em all up in there posted:

Did they they were bringing it on again

No, they re-ran an old TOM talk from 2013 due to its message about equality and empathy towards our fellow man suddenly becoming extremely on-topic again. and holy poo poo was that a long time ago, because besides every single element of the block looking different back, not a single scrap of footage came from a show still on the block. you think about that poo poo!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Hero Too is a loving bop, but I hope if MHA keeps doing songs in English that sooner or later they'll get a native English speaker to help write because some of these lyrics are very awkward

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wait, what? When was it announced or decided that this was music night?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Argus Zant posted:

No, they re-ran an old TOM talk from 2013 due to its message about equality and empathy towards our fellow man suddenly becoming extremely on-topic again. and holy poo poo was that a long time ago, because besides every single element of the block looking different back, not a single scrap of footage came from a show still on the block. you think about that poo poo!

I thought it came from some alternate, happier universe where One Piece was still on TV.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

I thought it came from some alternate, happier universe where One Piece was still on TV.

actually, now that I think about it a little more, I think they had already put Naruto back on the block by the time they originally ran that bump. So maybe my point about how long ago it was doesn't quite stand.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It's times like these that I reflect that a lot of the media I like also depresses the poo poo out of me, that the movies I tend to remember are real downers like Ordinary People or The Children's Hour, and how that probably skews my thinking southward, which I should do something about, anyway, time to watch my favorite show, Paranoia Agent, sure to pep me up.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This was the last of the announced MHA reruns, wonder if we'll get a new episode next week.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
They should just keep replaying this arc, it shouldn't just go Gently into the night.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
boo

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

what's the frequency, kenneth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Anyway previously on Paranoia Agent we learned that Lil Slugger is a genie and also does not seem to really exist.