Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

bushisms.txt posted:

Welp I'm all in on kpop i guess.

https://youtu.be/qa0FAQkhA0M

Bts and ateez for now, gotta figure out what this jungkook stuff means.

I'm really basic but Blackpink is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I'm more into the boy bands, really digging their hard/soft aesthetic.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

sounds like you're supplying their food now

i dont make food and also these guys are happy to use slaves so theyre on the list to be taken down. relatedly ive heard people talking about a skeleton called tinfist who is dedicated to eradicating slavers too so im going to try and find them and see if i can help them out.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember like over a decade ago there was a thread here that was specifically about ambitious but janky European open-world FPS games and I remember the OP specifically mentioning 3 games that I'm pretty sure were all from the same dev. I don't remember the game names but I'm hoping that maybe someone will know what I'm talking about. They were games compared to stuff like Gothic and Risen in terms of Eurojank.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Stux posted:

i dont make food and also these guys are happy to use slaves so theyre on the list to be taken down. relatedly ive heard people talking about a skeleton called tinfist who is dedicated to eradicating slavers too so im going to try and find them and see if i can help them out.

in this thread we stan tinfist

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
also that sentence has me really considering buying kenshi

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember like over a decade ago there was a thread here that was specifically about ambitious but janky European open-world FPS games and I remember the OP specifically mentioning 3 games that I'm pretty sure were all from the same dev. I don't remember the game names but I'm hoping that maybe someone will know what I'm talking about. They were games compared to stuff like Gothic and Risen in terms of Eurojank.

probably Precursors. I vaguely remember that thread too and this game always sticks out in my mind for some reason. It got a steam release a few years ago

https://store.steampowered.com/app/547930/Precursors/

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

also that sentence has me really considering buying kenshi

i would suggest trying before buying cos i feel like its 100% a love or hate game to actually play, looks like theres a pretty big demo version available:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/0/1639792569855836658/

i tried before i bought it in a not so wholesome way (didnt know about the demo)

May 8, 2006

good tip and having your demo be a torrent link on the steam forums is choice imo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

probably Precursors. I vaguely remember that thread too and this game always sticks out in my mind for some reason. It got a steam release a few years ago

https://store.steampowered.com/app/547930/Precursors/

Yes! It was that, Xenus, and Xenus 2

Xenus 2 is on steam, dunno if the devs ever made anything else though.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/546230/Xenus_2_White_gold/

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
https://waveparadigm.itch.io/pringles-fangame

Today the fan-recreation of the Pringles Homebrew for the Mega Drive is finally available.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I am a sad pathetic person because off the top of my head here are the games I have finished this year

Doom Eternal
Ace Attorney 1 (considering beating the fourth case the end of the game)
Animal Crossing (I made the ironwood dresser)

I just stepped foot in Anor Londo for the first time today though so that’s promising

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

kinda messed up how many of these lists don't have Sludge Life

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Every single day I’m more and more baffled as to why people say racist/sexist/problematic poo poo in casual conversation. Do people think they are THAT invincible? Do they think that people will love them anyway? I don’t get it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I watched three minutes of someone playing sludge life, then I think I had a phone call and never went back to it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

AceOfFlames posted:

Every single day I’m more and more baffled as to why people say racist/sexist/prob;emetic poo poo in casual conversation. Do people think they are THAT invincible? Do they think that people will love them anyway? I don’t get it.

It’s cuz they’re racist/sexist/problematic irl

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

It’s cuz they’re racist/sexist/problematic irl

Well, duh.

Maybe I’m bitter because I am always extremely careful with my words and my progressive opinions, in the rare case they come up, always seem to alienate the ones around me (case in point, one time the conversation somehow led to proper pronoun use and all my coworkers made fun of me for it: “if they can call themselves what they want, why can’t I demand to be called ‘Your Highness’?”) Meanwhile the guy who is constantly laughing, socializing yet is constantly saying that he wants a wife to cook for him and goes on and on about borderline MRA crap is the life of the party and even the female coworkers find him amusing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i did not know the dreamcast came with a version of windows

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

Every single day I’m more and more baffled as to why people say racist/sexist/problematic poo poo in casual conversation. Do people think they are THAT invincible? Do they think that people will love them anyway? I don’t get it.

White people just suck.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

i did not know the dreamcast came with a version of windows

Not exactly, this is what was used to help make it easier to create games for the Dreamcast. Sega wanted to avoid the disaster with the Sega Saturn. The Dreamcast itself didn't run on Windows.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I said come in! posted:

White people just suck.

As a white man, I agree.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don’t think casually racist or casually sexist (white straight male) people face very many consequences for their racist or sexist views, especially if they aren’t public figures, the latter of which, at worst, might experience some online flaming. But regular joes don’t even get that level of tepid pushback, so yeah they think they’re invincible because they usually are

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

It's-a me, Mario! And I'm here to talk to you about the damaging effects of stereotypes and racism on our society.

AceOfFlames posted:

Some don't even realize they're doing it. For example:

I said come in! posted:

White people just suck.

Since he didn't specify non-handicapped, middle class or higher income, healthy, educated, western, Anglo-Saxon, heterosexual, Christian/agnostic/aethiest, cisgendered, English speaking, US (or other country of residence) born (or legal immigrant), male, white people or something similar he's including a lot of disadvantaged or non-visible minority people in that statement.

Being part of one privileged group doesn't cancel out others. Yeah famous black men are less likely to get casually executed than your average joe black men but if the cop doesn't recognize them that won't help them. A white woman wearing a hijab is going to get a ton of poo poo from islamophobes.

All the white guilt annoys me. Stop making this about yourself, eesh.

I'm visibly mixed race so maybe I'm only half-allowed to say it, but white people being so overly performative about how white people are bad with the implication "But I'm not" is so tiresome.

Jay Rust posted:

I don’t think casually racist or casually sexist (white straight male) people face very many consequences for their racist or sexist views, especially if they aren’t public figures, the latter of which, at worst, might experience some online flaming. But regular joes don’t even get that level of tepid pushback, so yeah they think they’re invincible because they usually are

Generally I think people who are intentionally X-ist aren't going to be making friends with the types of people who would actually give pushback.

Bringing the politics back to games related:

https://twitter.com/NitroRad/status/1267554875057078272

Canadian youtube personality Nitro Rad got put onto One Angry Gamer's "List of traitors to America" for this comment.

Canadian.

Traitor to America.

:psyduck:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 5, 2020

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope these sketchy Bloodborne for PC rumors are true, I’m not sure I can handle playing it at a stable framerate

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The pc port should be capped at 25fps.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bloodborne is pretty stable 30fps, the frame pacing just sucks

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Andrast posted:

Bloodborne is pretty stable 30fps, the frame pacing just sucks

Running the game in Boost Mode makes it worse because the framerate is uncapped too.

May 8, 2006

the best thing a pc port of bloodborne would get is a randomizer, so the weapons would be less backloaded

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Relax Or DIE posted:

the best thing a pc port of bloodborne would get is a complete overhaul mod that finally gives us the game we all want, Bloodborne Kart

e. slight modifications to my copy of Sludge Life
https://twitter.com/SecksWrecks/status/1268799236793122818

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jun 5, 2020

May 8, 2006

in Bloodborne kart I always pick the bug man

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I still pick Toad

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I want a Bloodborne PC port so bad.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

redreader posted:

I made a spreadsheet of games because I read too much last year and finished too few games, also I had some games languishing for years that I hadn't finished (Dying Light, Witcher 2, Mass Effect 3) and wanted to just get some finishing in. I haven't done great but I've made some progress. I also rated the games out of 20.

RE3 vita 16
Yakuza 0 pc 20
Xcom 2 classic difficulty wotc pc 20
Witcher 2 pc 15
Mass Effect 3 pc 17
Dishonored pc 16
Dying Light pc 18
Sayonara Wild Hearts pc 16
Yakuza 1 ps4 18

I'm about to finish Bloodborne which is a 20/20. 3/4 of the way through FF7R which is about 19/20 so far. Shitcanned Life is Strange 2. Playing a bunch of other games at the moment too.

Bloodborne, just got the plat today and also finished it 3x today without doing any savescum tricks. (the first playthough I did everything including the dungeons, and started that earlier this year, although I'd played it a lot and not finished it before)

20/20. Best game I've ever played.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i've mostly played retro games the last month with the occasional steam game

i've crossed the streams by getting the capcom beat 'em up bundle on steam today because there's 4 games on there i haven't finished

i am also playing one of the few frogwares' sherlock games i've never finished (silver earring). it has no amenities like double click to run or double click to exit or a hotspot button, and Holmes just walks everywhere, so it's a slow game to be sure

my beaten game tally on the year is 87 but the total this month so far is.. 2

e: out of curiousity, can you embed a youtube playlist on something awful or not. i was thinking of putting some indie game trailers together into a playlist and then putting the playlist in the Not-E3 thread

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jun 5, 2020

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

AceOfFlames posted:

Well, duh.

Maybe I’m bitter because I am always extremely careful with my words and my progressive opinions, in the rare case they come up, always seem to alienate the ones around me (case in point, one time the conversation somehow led to proper pronoun use and all my coworkers made fun of me for it: “if they can call themselves what they want, why can’t I demand to be called ‘Your Highness’?”) Meanwhile the guy who is constantly laughing, socializing yet is constantly saying that he wants a wife to cook for him and goes on and on about borderline MRA crap is the life of the party and even the female coworkers find him amusing.

Lol

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Started playing Mortal Kombat 11 and man I am bad at this. I have no idea how youre supposed to use the block function or figure out how best to hit someone. Also the terminator seems really slow and lethargic, although I guess it is the old Arnie version so has been programmed to age or something

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

We need to stop K-pop fans in this thread immediately or they'll become a problem like bowsette

Two years from now the poll is just gifs of random K-pop women and men dancing if we don't stop this now

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Don't threaten me with a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Yeah please keep it related to Games, like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOxkGD8qRB4