Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

I've been having ton of fun running factory to power-level. I'm using just basic armor and an MP-153 with an 8 round mag, and a laser on the middle mount of a sprut. Each raid I take in 60-80 spare rounds and just go to town on the scavs and any PMC I run into. I don't even need to ADS because if the laser is on their body, the shot will typically land on their thorax or head. Not having mags is a good thing too, because you will never need to pause to pack mags. It can be a good idea to take along a Grach as a backup in case you run dry and are getting pushed. Each raid I'm pulling between 4 to 6 thousand XP, with my highest being 10 thousand.

For ammo I recommend either 6.5mm or 7mm buckshot, don't bother with the 8.5mm Magnum or most of the slugs, they add far too much recoil and being able to blast off a pair of shots on a target and have them both hit is invaluable. I often find myself being the last man standing in the last 5 mins and can loot to my heart's content. Hitting up jackets or scav pockets for valuables has netted me some really good loot, and if you pickup a scav backpack you can load up on MP-133s or Hunters to sell.

Enjoy this "happy time" while it lasts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I like that i can take a kedr into factory and have a reasonable chance of it being effective.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Buschmaki posted:

I like that i can take a kedr into factory and have a reasonable chance of it being effective.

That was also how I was rolling before, Kedr with a bankrobber vest full of spare mags, meds in the container. Good times!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I had a sweet 2 v 1 I won

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.
Patch is good, less loose loot in previously high value locations is good, FIR flea market is good, less scavs is bad, quests are still bad (especially flash drives and graphics cards), leveling str is braindead aspergers turbofucked. At level 22 I have a grand total of 1 (yes 1, not a typo) skillpoint.

Ultimatefire
May 6, 2013
1 is a lot of strength to have at level anything, let's be real.

Why are cowboy hats so expensive? For the glock?

Wait wait.... Is that a gunsmith quest magazine on that glock???

gently caress maybe I should keep my loving hats.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
drat I fuckin suck at this game. I just started and my first 3 raids were over in a couple minutes cause I have no map knowledge and have no idea where to go. Any tips for a noob?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Romes128 posted:

drat I fuckin suck at this game. I just started and my first 3 raids were over in a couple minutes cause I have no map knowledge and have no idea where to go. Any tips for a noob?

Offline runs. Learn the maps before going into live runs. Focus on one map at a time. Don't spread it out.

Be a rat. This game isn't counterstrike. You stealth around, ambush people, get their loot and bounce. Only streamers run around like loving Rambo. But they are getting paid the same, win or loss. You can't really do what they do until you have played as much as they have.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

ShowTime posted:

Offline runs. Learn the maps before going into live runs. Focus on one map at a time. Don't spread it out.

Be a rat. This game isn't counterstrike. You stealth around, ambush people, get their loot and bounce. Only streamers run around like loving Rambo. But they are getting paid the same, win or loss. You can't really do what they do until you have played as much as they have.

The one counter to that, once you have a bit of map knowledge and want to fight people, if you hear gunfire nearby you can make a beeline for it and generally have the advantage of knowing roughly where someone is and that they shouldn't know that youre even there if youre quiet enough

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Romes128 posted:

hakimashou posted:

If you want to play tarkov with goons there's a big discord full of those people at:

https://discord.gg/fxvqwE6

Join the discord. hop in a voice channel, wait for a minute to make sure people arent in a tense firefight, then say hi and let people know youre new. Be chill, Try to communicate where you are in a group and try not to TK other goons. You'll be fine.

At this point in the wipe no one is dummy rich yet where we can shower you with full free fancy kits, but a lot of goons have quest keys and such to help you along the way.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Romes128 posted:

I also suck at this game.
Here are some maps https://eftmkg.com/

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Played a raid for the first time since last wipe. Died to a guy with a silenced AK sitting in a bush so everything in my gamma is worthless now.

I think I’m done with this game. There is no way I can do what it asks of me anymore. I’m too old, too slow, and the two or three hours I get to myself on weeknights would be a waste of time since you can only make any reasonable headway on successful extracts now.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Durendal posted:

Played a raid for the first time since last wipe. Died to a guy with a silenced AK sitting in a bush so everything in my gamma is worthless now.

I think I’m done with this game. There is no way I can do what it asks of me anymore. I’m too old, too slow, and the two or three hours I get to myself on weeknights would be a waste of time since you can only make any reasonable headway on successful extracts now.

I feel like I'm heading towards this mentality. They need to add an offline mode that works the same way. I'd love to play this game without other players.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
In my first raid I made level 10 from killing everyone and put 9 ledx in my gamma then a exit camper got me. Fuc kthis game imo.

Gameplay is poo poo and the wrong numbers went up.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Jarf posted:

I feel like I'm heading towards this mentality. They need to add an offline mode that works the same way. I'd love to play this game without other players.

A coop game with tarkovs gunplay is all I really want from an FPS anymore.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Great Beer posted:

A coop game with tarkovs gunplay is all I really want from an FPS anymore.

Pretty much. The gunplay is what keeps me in, it's so good. I hope the STALKER 2 devs are taking notes.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Durendal posted:

Sorry, Nikita clearly does not want people like you. He is only interested in retaining an unemployed hardcore audience of neckbearded poopsockers dedicated streamers gamers who can put 8 hours minimum a day into his game and don't mind repeatedly slogging through a horrific grind of terribly designed quests and completely wasted time on the 2/3rds-4/5ths of raids where you die instantly to some guy you never stood a chance against.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Nikita doesn't understand the difference between fun and tedium.

Because he is a sperg.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

Jarf posted:

Pretty much. The gunplay is what keeps me in, it's so good. I hope the STALKER 2 devs are taking notes.

Same here, the PVP in this game is rear end.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
A co-op game would be cool but the AI would need to be a lot better than current Tarkov. Have you seen how dumb scavs are? Or how bullshit some of the raiders / bosses can be?
Also, I feel like the PvP is what makes this game... the highs of killing a geared boy and taking his stuff, the lows of getting one-tapped just before you extract with your quest item... a co-op game would be fun but wouldn't get my heart racing like Tarkov, which I feel is one of the only games that can do that anymore.
But yes, the FiR change clearly makes things much more difficult for casual players. I do think it should be changed back and another solution to hatchet runners should be tried.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Jarf posted:

They need to add an offline mode that works the same way. I'd love to play this game without other players.

A third party server emulator apparently exists. No multiplayer. Things are broken (such as out of raid healing). It exists though. Latest version even.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I dunno, I kinda feel like casual players won't feel the difference all that much. I put myself in that bracket, I started playing a few months before the wipe and only got to level 18, got most traders to ll2, upgraded a few bits of my hideout. I never set foot in Labs once, never ran super heavy gear. I basically just enjoyed a solid amount of hours looting and getting into some decent fights, even at the end of the wipe there were still plenty of players running bad enough gear that I could kill them now and then.

I started playing again a few days ago after the wipe, got up to level 8 so far, doing some quests and working on my hideout a bit more. Sure, once I unlock the flea market maybe I won't be able to make as much money, but I only have the 4x4 container so it's not like I was guaranteed to get bundles of GFX cards and such out of a raid before the wipe anyway.

For someone who has no desire to max out skills/hideout, do all the quests, get to level 40 etc, it doesn't make that much difference. It's still just an enjoyably hard game with fun looting 'n' shooting.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
I think that’s probably the best approach at this point. I’m going to start just playing instead of trying to min max and progress consistently.

Since I’ve unlocked the flea the game has gotten less and less fun. I can either keep doing cheap runs where I avoid everything and try to attack from afar, or try to bring in anything that costs over 30k to immediately lose it.

Somehow Tarkov can simultaneously ruin the desire to play any other game and make me so unbelievably pissed off I don’t even want to play it.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

InevitableCheese posted:

I think that’s probably the best approach at this point. I’m going to start just playing instead of trying to min max and progress consistently.

Since I’ve unlocked the flea the game has gotten less and less fun. I can either keep doing cheap runs where I avoid everything and try to attack from afar, or try to bring in anything that costs over 30k to immediately lose it.

Somehow Tarkov can simultaneously ruin the desire to play any other game and make me so unbelievably pissed off I don’t even want to play it.

:agreed:

Maybe I was just spitting my dummy out because I died 3 times in a row yesterday. Tarkov is the abusive relationship of video games.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

InevitableCheese posted:

Same here, the PVP in this game is rear end.

You're definitely not posting in the right thread. What?

EFT is absolutely the best pvp experience I've ever had, bar none.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

fennesz posted:

You're definitely not posting in the right thread. What?

EFT is absolutely the best pvp experience I've ever had, bar none.

I think he means the netcode is poo poo and 60% of fights are over before the other party sees the aggressor.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ixtlilton posted:

I think he means the netcode is poo poo and 60% of fights are over before the other party sees the aggressor.

:emptyquote:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Yeah this game does a real good job of confessing down the fun parts of a battleroyale and taking out the lovely boring parts.

Of course it replaces those lovely boring parts with its own lovely boring parts, but at least most of those are engine implementation issues that will hopefully get fixed someday. I swear to loving god every time I lose a fight because I get an aggressive stutter on firing or ADS I ragequit for the following week.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I hate the gunfeel in this game. I do pretty decent in Valorant, WW2 sims, and arcade shooters like TF2, but I just can’t consistently land shots here. Playing with low recoil guns helps out, but they’re so expensive as to be crippling.

Also, remove the scav timer cowards

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I suck at this game and get owned a lot even when I have the drop on someone but I keep coming back

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

tokenbrownguy posted:

I hate the gunfeel in this game. I do pretty decent in Valorant, WW2 sims, and arcade shooters like TF2, but I just can’t consistently land shots here. Playing with low recoil guns helps out, but they’re so expensive as to be crippling.

Also, remove the scav timer cowards

Stop shooting full auto, this isn't an arcade shooter

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Ixtlilton posted:

This isn't at you Ix, just to people in general. But if you're consistently dying without seeing the aggressor, you're either incredibly unlucky or you probably don't understand the maps very well. I've died a grand total of twice this wipe to a person I didn't see first.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

fennesz posted:

This isn't at you Ix, just to people in general. But if you're consistently dying without seeing the aggressor, you're either incredibly unlucky or you probably don't understand the maps very well. I've died a grand total of twice this wipe to a person I didn't see first.

I legit feel like we're playing totally different games.

Edit: To clarify, most of pmc kills never saw me either. Maybe it's just that you don't play Interchange?

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 5, 2020

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Ixtlilton posted:

I legit feel like we're playing totally different games.

Edit: To clarify, most of pmc kills never saw me either. Maybe it's just that you don't play Interchange?

Definitely possible. Only played interchange twice this wipe, mostly for that exact reason. Customs is really easy to understand mapflow, so usually when you die you know where you're dying from. Same with Reserve and Shoreline for the most part, once you learn it.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
yeah only shoot full auto on recoil dedicated guns and at close range, or if you have a good sight

the vss is a REALLY GOOD nearly zero recoil by default gun and what recoil it has is easily controllable with a little bit of practice, still best gun in the game imo

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Stop shooting full auto, this isn't an arcade shooter

Man I’m only full auto if I’m in knife range.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

shooting full auto in eft is easier than in cs/valorant its just not a constant recoil, theres a gigantic kick and then it settles rather than cs where the first few shots are low recoil and then it gets stronger

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah full auto is amazing in this game. Have you guys not wondered why 60 round mags are such a common sight on the sweatiest players? Your first few shots are wasted but after maybe five rounds your gun levels out and you have no further upwards kick. Shooting short bursts is literally the worst thing you can do in this game, as it means you get the first few rounds of high recoil over and over, but never level out. You either tape down that trigger or you shoot semi only.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.
The recoil auto corrects unlike every other game, so the natural instinct to pull down just screws you over.

The correct way to play every firefight is to hold down the mouse until you run out of ammo or their dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Honestly in most pmc fights you need full auto to win a trade