Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

buy our loving hot dog water peasants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Sheetz is the loving worst. I grew up in, Blair County, the heart of Sheetz country. One of my high school classes met Steve Sheetz. Sheetz was the place to go in high school and college.

After college I did a ton of environmental consulting work for Sheetz, meaning I've spent months if my life at Sheetz stores all over PA drilling wells and sampling groundwater and soil.

I ate lots of Sheetz food for lunch and dinner. I loved it. Great subs, burgers, burritos, and salads.

Circa 2012-2013 the food quality really began to slide. I noticed when they dropped oregano from their toppings and simultaneously started charging for cheese while using a lower quality cheeses. Then they rolled out pizza that tastes like bottom shelf freezer pizza from the grocery store.

Their food is disappointing even when getting late night drunk food.

They got super aggressive about expanding their stores. Gobbled up tons of land, paved it over, and started selling their bullshit. Ruined the previous neighborhood I lived in when they moved in and turned on their stupid giant 24/7 lights and dumb red canopy.

Their beer is stupid. Their food is poo poo. Their gas is usually a few cents higher than other stations.

Their only redeeming quality? They have the most consistently clean rest rooms. I'm happy to stop at any Sheetz, use their restroom, and get back in my car without giving them a penny of business.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like Sheetz. Sheetz is dumb, but I like it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

as a non-pennsylvania native i do not understand the sheetz. it is a gas station with a fast food place inside. we have those in new england but they're just called "a gas station with a fast food place inside"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

your gas station isn't constructed as if it were a temple with an altar consecreted to hot dogs and MTOs though

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

as a non-pennsylvania native i do not understand the sheetz. it is a gas station with a fast food place inside. we have those in new england but they're just called "a gas station with a fast food place inside"

texas has a similar chain called buccees that has basically become the walmart of highway stops, they're the worst

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
the fanciest we get in this neck of the woods is one of those roller grill things with some hot dogs and taquitos on it. The huge change that revolutionized EVERYTHING is now the coffee is brewed pour over by the cup instead of dripping into a carafe to burn on the hotplate all day.

One chain has these absolutely FIRE "blueberry old fashioned" donuts that are Prince purple and taste amazing artificial tho.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

yeah it pretty much just sounds like quiktrip for the east coast

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Question, did the Wii U do cloud saving for save files? I doubt it, but wanted to double check.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I said come in! posted:

Question, did the Wii U do cloud saving for save files? I doubt it, but wanted to double check.

where do people come up with jokes this funny?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Also finished 198X and Fell Seal. Both very fun, but Fell Seal got into my brain worms and I had to get every. Single. Achievement.

Now trying to finish the Jack the Ripper DLC from rear end Creed Syndicate.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was just remembering that reggie fils-amis works at Gamestop corporate now.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Vincent posted:

Also finished 198X and Fell Seal. Both very fun, but Fell Seal got into my brain worms and I had to get every. Single. Achievement.

Now trying to finish the Jack the Ripper DLC from rear end Creed Syndicate.

Can you expand on what you liked so much about Fell Seal? I’ve had my eye on it for Switch and love FFT.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
People use the Sheetz near me as like a full-scale catering business/restaurant. Except it's not a full-scale anything it's like two minimum wage workers with a deep fryer and a microwave.

That means that especially during like football season you'll see the Sheetz packed with people waiting 45 minutes+ for like 2000 wings or 50 subs or whatever insane thing they're ordering. Waiting an hour. In a gas station. For gas station food.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Wildtortilla posted:

Can you expand on what you liked so much about Fell Seal? I’ve had my eye on it for Switch and love FFT.

It was basically "I really, really liked FFT, can't play it on PC...Oh, look, here's an FFT clone that looks nice!". And the gameplay is solid with some minor pet peeves (you can't rotate the map, there is some weird stuff with the heigh of your opponent, which means that sometimes magic won't affect a target even if it has one point of difference from another target), but all in all it was a solid experience. The classes were fun and it doesn't really lock you out of anything, so there's freedom to experiment with different combinations.

All in all, a solid game. I'd say to wait until the new update to buy it, because it seems to be going to add a whole lot of stuff (recruitable monster, new classes, a new sort of town builder mode, etc).

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Someone mentioned cracking playstation Vitas. Is there a thread here or a recommended resource online? Has anyone here done it?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://vita.hacks.guide/

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

redreader posted:

Someone mentioned cracking playstation Vitas. Is there a thread here or a recommended resource online? Has anyone here done it?

the crack is called Henkaku

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

henkaku is outdated and only on older firmwares, the link above has full guides for all firmwares and stages

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the crack was called Henkaku

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

re: 2020 game completion lists I have found a loophole where if I buy 51 worldwide games on switch, it will count as 51 games completed

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

re: 2020 game completion lists I have found a loophole where if I buy 51 worldwide games on switch, it will count as 51 games completed

yeah, as soon as you reach the top of the world shogi rankings

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

redreader posted:

its really easy and fun!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

yeah but then you run the risk of being one of those vita people

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

A truly terrible fate

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

vita means life, and as an anti-natalist i

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
the little bubbles the Vita uses for icons are very aesthetically pleasing

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i really like how you "peel" the vita lock screen back with the touch screen, and how a lot of games had nice preloading screens perfect for lock screen wallpaper

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I bought a Vita a couple years ago just to play some Super Robot Wars games, and the other day I figured I'd see what else I could get for the handheld digitally.

I dunno what I was expecting but there are quite a number of PSP games that aren't available digitally.

I guess I could get most of the Persona games if I wanted.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Mercury Crusader posted:

I bought a Vita a couple years ago just to play some Super Robot Wars games, and the other day I figured I'd see what else I could get for the handheld digitally.

I dunno what I was expecting but there are quite a number of PSP games that aren't available digitally.

I guess I could get most of the Persona games if I wanted.

another reason to hack it. half of my collection was umd, half of that had no digital version.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

which system should i get world of horror for: pc, ps4, or switch?

e: oh, apparently not on any console yet. easy enough.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 5, 2020

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

if you're in PA just go to a getgo, the food is way better

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

never seen a sheets or wawa. sounds like cumberland farms i guess except maybe more effort

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

oddium posted:

never seen a sheets or wawa. sounds like cumberland farms i guess except maybe more effort

i think they're like cumberland farms but with a more expansive prepared food option

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Yes, I believe that is true from previous Cumberland Farms/Sheetz discussions I've had.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

if you're in PA just go to a getgo, the food is way better

Getgo is more Central and Western PA, they're part of Giant Eagle. I moved from Roaring Spring to Lancaster about 9 years ago. Giant Eagle gave same pretty great gas perks for Getgo though!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

Sheetz is a gas station/convenience store that wants to be: taco bell, mcdonald's, coldstone, five guys burgers & fries, dairy queen, starbucks, sweet frog, etc etc etc

A Sheetz pops in and suddenly you notice that each little individual Sheetz location is competing with some local nearby stores so one place might have a big ice cream toppings aisle and another might have a beer cave and another still might have its own sit-down section to eat at with some tvs and faux-leather couches, just past the wine rack.

Basically, I don't know what the gently caress Sheetz is, but I wish Justin McElroy would give us another season of Things I Bought At Sheetz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXnHfybQzHk

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Sheetz is a gas station/convenience store that wants to be: taco bell, mcdonald's, coldstone, five guys burgers & fries, dairy queen, starbucks, sweet frog, etc etc etc

A Sheetz pops in and suddenly you notice that each little individual Sheetz location is competing with some local nearby stores so one place might have a big ice cream toppings aisle and another might have a beer cave and another still might have its own sit-down section to eat at with some tvs and faux-leather couches, just past the wine rack.

Basically, I don't know what the gently caress Sheetz is, but I wish Justin McElroy would give us another season of Things I Bought At Sheetz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXnHfybQzHk

Oh my god I need to listen to this later. The McElroys would be subjected to Sheetz in WV!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Never heard of Sheetz before today, but... more like Shitz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Never heard of Sheetz before today, but... more like Shitz
get out