Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Do NGU quests persist through Rebirth or will I lose my quest/progress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

They persist

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

The Fool posted:

They persist

Gracias!

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Synergism: just got the shop, are there any must have first buys?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Fool posted:

Synergism: just got the shop, are there any must have first buys?

take 1 level in the auto skills and then pump the rest of your stuff into the rune/obtanium timers

also note that theres a code in the patch notes for 2 free levels of the obtanium timer

the challenge automation thing isnt really worth the cost and avoid the options and burn skill for now

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

what the gently caress, rebirth more frequently than every 11 days. rebirths mean experience means more energy/magic capability means more progression faster

e: also get a lot more magic

Thanks. I usually do one to two days, but I decided to ride it out big time and to get as much adventure stats plus digger as I could to auto kill anything in the mega lands.

I seem to be getting far more exp from Titan auto kills than a system of rebirthing. Maybe it is because I have such low magic and low magic bars because I'm my number will be lower if I try to do 1 day rebirths.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah i get tons of XP from killing titans and ITOPOD dudes overnight, but even a 1-hr rebirth will assist your Number and will give a couple thou experience a pop

i ignored my Bars for a while but have started working on them, on the grounds that it assists the feature you get once you kill Uug

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Lufia posted:

I find spending offerings quite annoying too. I don't usually leave tabs open in the background, I just go offline. But that doesn't work for auto spending offerings. Eh. I'm at the end of the current content anyway.

Are you using the keyboard shortcuts? setting it to 1k and holding down 1-5 can burn through them pretty quick.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
https://melvoridle.com/

Someone really liked Runescape. Doesn't appear that they've done anything interesting like a synergy bonus to skills from other skills or anything. Just... grinding.

What's like this, but doesn't suck?

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Question about the Money Pit wish in NGU: do the Iron Pill rewards scale with maximum possible blood/hour, average for this rebirth, current speed or something else? Basically, do I need to put all my magic into blood before I toss my money in?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Question about the Money Pit wish in NGU: do the Iron Pill rewards scale with maximum possible blood/hour, average for this rebirth, current speed or something else? Basically, do I need to put all my magic into blood before I toss my money in?

Yes to the last question.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

DACK FAYDEN posted:

https://melvoridle.com/

Someone really liked Runescape. Doesn't appear that they've done anything interesting like a synergy bonus to skills from other skills or anything. Just... grinding.

What's like this, but doesn't suck?

I’m enjoying it for 99ing things. Idlescape is another one but it is more online.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Playing Idle Wizard (Not Wizard and Minion Idle, another game I enjoyed reasonably well) and having a fairly good time with it for now. That's my biggest tip: hop between idlers.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

you know, i figured the blind challenge wouldn't tell you how much bigger your number would be but hey i ain't complaining

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Aurora posted:

you know, i figured the blind challenge wouldn't tell you how much bigger your number would be but hey i ain't complaining

This is your first blind challenge, isn't it?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oh does it get progressively blinder? neat

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Falcon2001 posted:

Playing Idle Wizard (Not Wizard and Minion Idle, another game I enjoyed reasonably well) and having a fairly good time with it for now. That's my biggest tip: hop between idlers.

I’m still playing this, at e360 now

It’s good

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Once you finish the top row of PP perks(minus rich perks for jerks) what's the next goto? I was thinking of grabbing the one that speeds up beards and then going for the YGGy seed boosts

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DariusLikewise posted:

Once you finish the top row of PP perks(minus rich perks for jerks) what's the next goto? I was thinking of grabbing the one that speeds up beards and then going for the YGGy seed boosts

skip the beards perk until its utterly trivial to buy as it isn't worth it. Yggs is max efficient at 24 hours and you'll be hitting that point much sooner than you'd think.

on row 2 -> take a couple of levels in instant advanced training, then 10 levels of golden showers, crappy perk, boosted boosts 1, NGU speedups, and then possibly accessory or digger slot if you need it

after that it should be the yggs stuff Seeds->First harvest->Fruit of Knowledge Sucks->Fruit of Knowledge Still Sucks

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Falcon2001 posted:

Yeah, I've been doing IW after Idle Skilling ran out of steam. It's a lot of fun and I've been enjoying all the things to play around with. I think it avoids some of the traps of something like realm grinder where there's only "one right way" to go farther, though I'm only at e87 mysteries.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dragongem posted:

Yeah, I've been doing IW after Idle Skilling ran out of steam. It's a lot of fun and I've been enjoying all the things to play around with. I think it avoids some of the traps of something like realm grinder where there's only "one right way" to go farther, though I'm only at e87 mysteries.

That changes significantly later in the game due to the stupid crafting mechanics.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kyrosiris posted:

That changes significantly later in the game due to the stupid crafting mechanics.
Yeah, crafting sucks in terms of resource commitment to a single path.

(and also, by the time you hit halfway to whatever the current endgame is, there tends to be only one right way at a time...)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

skip the beards perk until its utterly trivial to buy as it isn't worth it. Yggs is max efficient at 24 hours and you'll be hitting that point much sooner than you'd think.

on row 2 -> take a couple of levels in instant advanced training, then 10 levels of golden showers, crappy perk, boosted boosts 1, NGU speedups, and then possibly accessory or digger slot if you need it

after that it should be the yggs stuff Seeds->First harvest->Fruit of Knowledge Sucks->Fruit of Knowledge Still Sucks

Thanks, I grabbed instant advanced training really early because the free 50% adventure stats for having 2 levels in toughness and power seemed real good. I'll jump to the others once I'm done with my last few points of energy bars. I'm at a wall trying to get enough adventure stats to idle beardverse.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

What about Double Basic Training? I was thinking about saving up for that before I do another challenge - it sounds like a must-have for frequent rebirths.

And speaking of challenges and level 24 fruit: Where should my stats be before I attempt the Troll Challenges?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
the basic training ones are king poo poo if you're lazy and just wanna set up and walk away.

they're good in challenges too, especially troll.

I'd you think you can nuke pretty close to 58 with no number you should give it a whirl and you'll know when you can't, troll has very hard walls

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cockmaster posted:

What about Double Basic Training? I was thinking about saving up for that before I do another challenge - it sounds like a must-have for frequent rebirths.

And speaking of challenges and level 24 fruit: Where should my stats be before I attempt the Troll Challenges?

you can skip it for now. better to take it when you need to finish wrapping up the late stage normal challenges or at the end of Normal

when you get 24 hour fruits, your rebirth schedule should shift to a 24 hour daily schedule, which means that the 15 extra minutes of advanced training you would be getting by taking double basic training is kind of meaningless

you're gonna see a much better return on your skillpoints if you dump those into NGU perks or gold or just about anything else

as for troll challenges, you really can only buff your NGUs to take care of it in normal, and I think the going advice would be at least 1000 levels in Power/Augments/Wandoos/Gold

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
yeah but I'm really lazy and beeline for the training ones. rebirth setup at 6m? yes please

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
New alternate alkahistorian thing as usual I have no idea whats going on but its real fun

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Anfauglir posted:

New alternate alkahistorian thing as usual I have no idea whats going on but its real fun

I'm spinning more plates faster than original flavor Alka 3, but don't feel like I need a walkthrough to understand how to progress. I kinda miss the original Alka 3 lore though.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Anfauglir posted:

Always love more Alkahistorian

E: Definitely more straightforward so far than Alka3.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 5, 2020

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007

Anfauglir posted:

Oh gently caress yeah! I can only replay the original so many times.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i think the worst part of alkahistorian is that there's never enough room for the boxes

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Much, much shorter though, I ripped through the whole thing in a day. Lot of fun though. Does a fantastic job of making me think about the narrative of the processes it's doing, even without any actual text of the sort.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Not sure what I'm suppposed to do next

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

Oh god, I’m getting flashbacks just looking at that image...

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

dis astranagant posted:

Turn on one gate at a time. You'll need to close one to change to another.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

neongrey posted:

Turn on one gate at a time. You'll need to close one to change to another.

Yeah, been doing that. got spire pebbles and chips maxed but can't seem to get anywhere else. also craving and avarice maxed out sometime while I wasn't paying attention and won't budge.

e: now it seems to be working.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 6, 2020

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

neongrey posted:

Much, much shorter though, I ripped through the whole thing in a day. Lot of fun though. Does a fantastic job of making me think about the narrative of the processes it's doing, even without any actual text of the sort.

Yeah entire thing was ~5 hours and there's definitely still some bugs and weird dead ends. Still good to see it's being worked on.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm getting hosed over by Sins I think. All my mana is basically draining out to less than nothing and I don't generate enough power to counteract it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm getting hosed over by Sins I think. All my mana is basically draining out to less than nothing and I don't generate enough power to counteract it.
I finished the game and built the Spire to floor 60 and my mana is still at -100 forever with 1e4 craving. I don't know that there's a way to generate enough power to bring it down right now. I dunno if you can actually screw yourself over, everything I needed was still ticking away.

It's a lot shorter and more straightforward than AK3 but definitely scratches the same itch.