Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I say that but I loving love Breath of Fire and there are swords and dragons all over that series

Though the best games in that series at least do interesting things with what "dragon" means and what it means to be one, especially BoF4 (the best one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

there should be more fantasy games based on judaic apocrypha. i never played that "el-shaddai" game but it looked pretty fuckin cool

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In MY original fantasy world, the humans are called Hums

Weedle
May 31, 2006

the hums will always lose

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

like acorn dragons

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“The trees weep,” said Malfer the elzon magician. “They sense a great evil rising in the East”

Frinm Copperbeard stopped in his tracks, his stocky legs trembling. “The prophecy,” he said

Ray Just leaned on his ornate silver greatsword, muscles bulging. “It is time”

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Which of the c&c games have fmv actors? Those are the ones I want to play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRIr9MNmCwU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Harrow posted:

I say that but I loving love Breath of Fire and there are swords and dragons all over that series

Though the best games in that series at least do interesting things with what "dragon" means and what it means to be one, especially BoF4 (the best one)

that's right

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

“The trees weep,” said Malfer the elzon magician. “They sense a great evil rising in the East”

Frinm Copperbeard stopped in his tracks, his stocky legs trembling. “The prophecy,” he said

i've already read this comic on hypnospace outlaw

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Weedle posted:

there should be more fantasy games based on judaic apocrypha. i never played that "el-shaddai" game but it looked pretty fuckin cool

barudak, who today is mostly known for tediously iconoclastic opinions on rpg's, did a big writeup on it years back about how it hews extremely close to the actual book of enoch

kind of sucked to play but woo nelly did it show that artistic renditions of old-testament apocrypha are an underused niche

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm glad the upcoming pokemon dlc is introducing more jewish pokemon

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mr. Mohel

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

In MY original fantasy world, the humans are called Hums

Do you have one of the characters make a hummus joke? And if not, why not?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Judaic lore is cool and golems are cool and it would be tres cool if one day surviving copies of the original golem films were found.

Let's talk about golems

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Stux posted:

its not my fault dragons and swords and castles are boring

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Swords are boring huh...what about THIS one

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

100% boring

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

he's funny. he's cute. he's a Pokémon whose body resembles a golden sword. The edge of the steel blade is white and somewhat serrated near the tip. Where the blade meets the hilt is a single, purple eye with a white slit pupil surrounded by black space. The handle forms a thick, striated spike. Two cloth-like arms emerge from the sides of the hilt. Each arm is primarily black and transitions to a pale purple with a slight swirl pattern at the tip. The sash-like arms split into four tassels at the tips. It always carries an ornate shield in at least one of its arms. The shield is gold and has three brown rings surrounded by black in the middle. It also has a brown rim with three lines radiating toward the center.

i didn't say his name but he popped into your head didn't he :P

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/AC_Roald/status/1268743351127416833?s=20

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Hell of a deal here, also support a good cause!

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Convex posted:

Hell of a deal here, also support a good cause!

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

he's funny. he's cute. he's a Pokémon whose body resembles a golden sword. The edge of the steel blade is white and somewhat serrated near the tip. Where the blade meets the hilt is a single, purple eye with a white slit pupil surrounded by black space. The handle forms a thick, striated spike. Two cloth-like arms emerge from the sides of the hilt. Each arm is primarily black and transitions to a pale purple with a slight swirl pattern at the tip. The sash-like arms split into four tassels at the tips. It always carries an ornate shield in at least one of its arms. The shield is gold and has three brown rings surrounded by black in the middle. It also has a brown rim with three lines radiating toward the center.

i didn't say his name but he popped into your head didn't he :P

now thats a sword

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Help Im Alive posted:

this sword could have been cool but [A]

the interface choices surrounding it were not [A]

very good. I did like how the big villain was [A]

a similar sword except evil but they didn't really [A]

explore that since it was revealed so late

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Wowwwww, a little curation could have gone a long way here

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Tinfist would kick Ray Just's rear end

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its time!!!!

sorry i will stop doing a kenshi lp in the chat thread but here he is

already being given props for taking out a slaver city

Stux fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 6, 2020

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wuggles posted:

Wowwwww, a little curation could have gone a long way here
it does have a lot of legit games like Night in the Woods, Oxenfree, Mortician's Tale, A Short Hike, Overland, Tonight We Riot, Super Hexagon, Minit, Sagebrush, Wheels of Aurelia, Midboss, Beglitched, Shipwreck, Cook Serve Delicious 2, The Stillness of the Wind, Wide Ocean Big Jacket, Signs of the Sojourner, Quadrilateral Cowboy, Bleed, The King's Bird, Astrologaster, Super Win the Game, Frog Fractions 2. Double Cross, FutureGrind, Tiny Dangerous Dungeons, Pendula Swing, Xenogunner, and Not the Robots

and it's just $5

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 6, 2020

May 8, 2006

alternatively never stop posting about kenshi stux

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ok good because im ascending from this planet currently

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Stux posted:

its time!!!!

sorry i will stop doing a kenshi lp in the chat thread but here he is

already being given props for taking out a slaver city

if you did a kenshi screenshot lp i would read it because it sounds like a very cool game i will 1000% never play

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The good thing about that bundle is you add the games manually so you don't have 750+ games in your library.

The bad thing is you have to add the games manually but itch has a recommended list.

https://itch.io/c/891735/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality-selections

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i might maybe one day, i think id want to know a lot more about the game than i do right now before i did that though. ive still only been in roughly 10% of the map so far...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/dreamboum/status/1269057893661388807?s=20

May 8, 2006

finally they'll make one where you can climb all over sephiroth then stab his rear end

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

al-azad posted:

The good thing about that bundle is you add the games manually so you don't have 750+ games in your library.

The bad thing is you have to add the games manually but itch has a recommended list.

https://itch.io/c/891735/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality-selections

Super pumped to play the george floyd game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You’re hired!!

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Relax Or DIE posted:

finally they'll make one where you can climb all over sephiroth then stab his rear end

Spoilers! I haven't beaten FVIIR yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
non-spoiler-for-ff7r: Sephiroth is a master of doing that thing where people smile smugly even though there's nothing to actually be smug about and they haven't really accomplished anything worth projecting a smug smile upon, he does it literally the first time he is on screen in the video game, I loving hate him, it's awesome