Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

great lore video on Throt the Unclean for anyone worrying he wouldn't be cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQwx1EolD8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I think given his starting position Throt could easily wait til game 3, and well Thanquol isn't coming in this game and he's the big draw of Skaven. Also while Skaven don't have their full roster, they don't really have obvious holes for it to fill. It's obvious which races really need help, namely Wood Elves, Beastmen, and to a lesser degree Brets. Welves and beastmen's campaigns are just broken in game 2, welves have a complete roster but feel super one dimensional, and so do beastmen but at least there are units they can bring in. As well Brets are kinda stale roster wise. Though sadly since welves and beastmen are dlc I don't know how they will justify making dlc for them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Eimi posted:

I think given his starting position Throt could easily wait til game 3, and well Thanquol isn't coming in this game and he's the big draw of Skaven. Also while Skaven don't have their full roster, they don't really have obvious holes for it to fill. It's obvious which races really need help, namely Wood Elves, Beastmen, and to a lesser degree Brets. Welves and beastmen's campaigns are just broken in game 2, welves have a complete roster but feel super one dimensional, and so do beastmen but at least there are units they can bring in. As well Brets are kinda stale roster wise. Though sadly since welves and beastmen are dlc I don't know how they will justify making dlc for them.

Do them as FLC in different start positions?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Onmi posted:

This is why I appreciate using Mixu's mod to make the LL's for the Elector counts, as it gives me way more of a reason to actually engage with the elector count system and not just conquer the empire's lands. Knowing you've got LLs waiting for you, including a Death Wizard, it's like... "Yeah, I actually gotta do this properly." I also love sending a hero to Lustria ASAP to reveal Markus and try to confederate him.

You don't need mods to get special LL's nowadays? If you win over an elector count you get a special elector count LL with a unique weapon right?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Eimi posted:

yeah but neither of them are game 2 factions, and ideally all the base game 2 factions would have 6 lords each. skaven are also missing most of their monster type units.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

juggalo baby coffin posted:

lizardmen and elves have more guys than them and the rats are the best

i would be jazzed with throt also because game 2 has had basically no monstrous sized lords apart from nakai, who has the most boring campaign ever

No more lizards or elves too, agreed

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

The beastmen are lacking the most fun units imo. The big stuff that'd be fun to see on the battlefield

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Bull centaurs belong to the chaos dwarfs :colbert:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Sorry, the chaos dwarves got krumped by Grimgor

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..
Sorry bud but most of that is aos and sucks rear end

Even the bull centaurs suck rear end compared to the proper ones.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Fartbox posted:

You don't need mods to get special LL's nowadays? If you win over an elector count you get a special elector count LL with a unique weapon right?

No, you can put anyone in the elector seat. Only Boris is 'Special' because of his unique model. So there's nothing to stop you from forcefully conquering a province and then putting a lord there to get them the Runefang. The only thing you lose is an authority penalty... which doesn't matter if you've taken over everything by force.

Basically, the difference in base of conquering Averland and throwing any lord into the Elector Count of Averland seat, or confederating Averland and putting Marius Leitdorf (or the lord named that) in the spot, is completely the same.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What's my early game gameplan as dragonboy? Conventional spear/archers army with dragon support?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

I did lions and dragons because it was more fun. The lions seem pretty good? Fast as heck and deal armor piercing and pretty drat cheap. Combine them with some chaff and you get a tarpit that actually deals damage

Fartbox fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jun 6, 2020

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Why is the fantasy rpg so much better than the rest of any ham lore?

e: and I enjoy all the ham lore but the fantasy rpg really sells it and personalizes in a way that all the novels and armybooks failed to do.

e2: I guess part of that is the natural consequence of an rpg :downs:

The Chaos gods are still pretty drat lame poo poo in it tho.

Because chaos has to be evil enough to justify making tons of random mutation tables but actually giving reasons for why they're that way or, idk, just not making them ALWAYS EVIL would require nuance, which is apparently only for the people who worship them. This is literally the ONE thing 40k does better. And I love fantasy more.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Do you mean axemen cosplaying as lions or actual lions?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ZigZag posted:

Sorry bud but most of that is aos and sucks rear end

Even the bull centaurs suck rear end compared to the proper ones.

The tzaangors are literally the only AoS thing, and they actually came out for 40k and just got added to AoS later. Even the one with the AoS logo was released during fantasy.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

If they do add Moulder in game 2, which I doubt, where would they go on the Vortex map? Because keeping them where they are would suck.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

The Lone Badger posted:

Do you mean axemen cosplaying as lions or actual lions?

The actual lions. They seem to be able to inflict a lot more damage than regular animal herds in other armies. Combine them with basic infantry and Imrik and you will do well

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Fartbox posted:

The actual lions. They seem to be able to inflict a lot more damage than regular animal herds in other armies. Combine them with basic infantry and Imrik and you will do well

They're damage dealers. They're also cheap you can sit them in front of archers and frontal charge them. They've got strong charge and they keep fighting.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I like them as a unit, but their attack animations are pretty lovely. I don't know, I've been using them a bunch since they've came out, and nothing they do looks like a lion attack. They punch people, instead of pouncing and it looks terrible.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I like them as a unit, but their attack animations are pretty lovely. I don't know, I've been using them a bunch since they've came out, and nothing they do looks like a lion attack. They punch people, instead of pouncing and it looks terrible.

me with my magnifying glass: "Ugh, ridiculous. Completely absurd"

very high elf player energy all told.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Black Sheep is a good movie about beastmen.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lion chariots and the skycutter are two things that just look better in static models. A cat hooked up in a harness is not going to be able to fight like a cat!

And the skycutter would look completely stupid doing the "hovering" thing that TWW flyers can do instead of zipping around constantly.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
On the other hand the Rogue Idol animations are fantastic. Probably the best animated model in the game.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
I just had something really weird happen on an Empire VH ME campaign. I was besieged by Mannefred and like 3 other vamp armies, fought a battle, killed all of them and then right away, that same turn, all the vamp lords are standing a little ways away from the besieged city, with some units and half health. What is going on here? Is this normal?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Giggle Goose posted:

I just had something really weird happen on an Empire VH ME campaign. I was besieged by Mannefred and like 3 other vamp armies, fought a battle, killed all of them and then right away, that same turn, all the vamp lords are standing a little ways away from the besieged city, with some units and half health. What is going on here? Is this normal?

The after-battle animation will have all them run away from a lost siege with whatever units are left. This happens at the same time you get any after-battle rewards. They will replace the lords with generic lords or new lords for any ones you killed, but they don't just disappear unless you murder them entirely or they were in march stance and can't retreat.

You most likely just skipped the animations which is easy because any mouse or key press will skip all of it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

JBP posted:

Black Sheep is a good movie about beastmen.

The New Zealand zombie sheep movie? Yeah that sounds about right for beastmen.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Fartbox posted:

The beastmen are lacking the most fun units imo. The big stuff that'd be fun to see on the battlefield

What on earth are these things? Looks like they came out of 40k.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 6, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Broken Cog posted:

What on earth are these things? Looks like the came out of 40k.

They literally did. They're tzaangors. Specifically they're elite ones on discs of Tzeentch which is Tzeentch's unique daemon mount. There are also pestigors and khorgors from 6th ed. They never made slaangors but those are supposed to be a thing too. They all got discontinued in 7th beastmen and then the Tzaangors came back in Thousand Sons and later AoS.

I prefer the older Disc of Tzeentch that looks less technological.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 6, 2020

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I really like all the other chaos gods’ units way more than Khorne’s or the generic Chaos stuff this game has.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have always been a big fan of Juggernauts which are Khorne's mounts especially with them being the second heaviest cavalry in the game.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If they do add Moulder in game 2, which I doubt, where would they go on the Vortex map? Because keeping them where they are would suck.

There's already a major Skaven clan in Naggaroth, one in Lustria, one in Araby and another one in the Southlands.

There's only the Donut left.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If I had to guess maybe the empty mountains north of Morathi?

I do think Moulder is still coming, probably as FLC. Stormfiends might not make it until game 3 (which would be tragic) but giant rats as a warhounds unit and packmasters as a melee whip hero that buffs monstrous units seem both incredibly obvious and relatively simple to add.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Ethiser posted:

I really like all the other chaos gods’ units way more than Khorne’s or the generic Chaos stuff this game has.

Khorne seems like he just has the weakest aesthetic. They're mostly interchangeable with generic chaos, but red. The only real distinctive thing is the berzerker bunny ears.

Juggernauts being one of the few exceptions. That daemonic "living metal" look is cool.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Khorne seems like he just has the weakest aesthetic. They're mostly interchangeable with generic chaos, but red. The only real distinctive thing is the berzerker bunny ears.

Juggernauts being one of the few exceptions. That daemonic "living metal" look is cool.

Tzeetch technically has my favourite aesthetic but they lack the variety and, honestly, personality of Nurgle's units.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Mostly I think this is because generic chaos is largely Khornate. Khorne is probably the "easiest" Chaos God for a warrior to follow as it is.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I would be surprised if we got another skaven or DE dlc as the next one. Every game 2 faction has gotten 2 dlc lords. Lizardmen and HE have gotten 2 flc lords to skaven and DEs’ one.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

yikes! posted:

I would be surprised if we got another skaven or DE dlc as the next one. Every game 2 faction has gotten 2 dlc lords. Lizardmen and HE have gotten 2 flc lords to skaven and DEs’ one.

Yeah, it seems more likely we get a Skaven and DE Free Lords alongside other stuff.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kobal2 posted:

There's already a major Skaven clan in Naggaroth, one in Lustria, one in Araby and another one in the Southlands.

There's only the Donut left.
:getin:

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If I had to guess maybe the empty mountains north of Morathi?

I do think Moulder is still coming, probably as FLC. Stormfiends might not make it until game 3 (which would be tragic) but giant rats as a warhounds unit and packmasters as a melee whip hero that buffs monstrous units seem both incredibly obvious and relatively simple to add.
I think they are coming too, but coming in game three because there is nowhere good to put them on the Vortex map (in my opinion). I think with the content that Moulder should get would be "part of a DLC" in size/scope, so my estimation is a game three thing since there were already two Skaven DLCs for game two, and the second one apparently pissed off a lot of grogs that dont like Skaven, so my bet would be they wait to do Moulder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Is there any info about armies to the east of where the ogres are? Like if they put in armies/lords for Cathay or whatever, would they just be making it up whole cloth?