Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/22-lb-iqf-diced-avocados/877AVO922.html

sadly it looks like they just ran out :(

(webstrauntstore has great service but they ship through fedex and how they calculate shipping is pretty opaque - often buying one thing has the same shipping cost as buying four things)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I made the mistake of looking at their site and seeing they were a) licensed with Marvel's Punisher and b)entirely sold out of my sizes and now I'm sad

Edit: why is my text a link to that quoted picture's hosting? I'm not using bbcode to do so.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme has a new favorite as of 19:45 on Jun 4, 2020

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Skrill.exe posted:

Not Ethan Hawke.

You’ve never seen him play basketball

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Skrill.exe posted:

Not Ethan Hawke.

He thought about going airborne in First Reformed though.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Coffee And Pie posted:

All hawks are air hawks, man

Edit: that RTJ hoodie is so so so dope.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 21:04 on Jun 4, 2020

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
What’s the link to buy that gear?

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

https://us-preorder.runthejewels.com/collections/rtj4

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I went for the pink RTJ t-shirt which I thought was quite nifty as well.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Run the Jewels is music for people who say "nifty"

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Yea! Take THAT people who like Run the Jewels! Sick burn, brah

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

prayer group posted:

I think you have RTJ confused with some indie folk band lol

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
confirming a cintiq 32 does everything up to and including giving you massive spontaneous orgasms

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

All the gear I need to outfit my darkroom once the garage is converted. And some cameras thrown in for good measure.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

prayer group posted:

I’m not a native English speaker so I can’t quite tell how severe this burn is – nifty’s just a word I picked up somewhere. But I stand by my take.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Watch all of Ozark. The credits roll at the end of season 3 and "Ohh La La" by RTJ plays. If you don't think "well that is certainly a banger", then there's not helping you. You are lost.

colas has a new favorite as of 12:30 on Jun 5, 2020

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

colas posted:

Watch all of Ozark. The credits roll at the end of season 3 and "Ohh La La" by RTJ plays. If you don't think "well that is certainly a banger", then there's not helping you. You are lost.

You could also just listen to the song and come to the same conclusion if you didn’t have 30 some odd hours to devote to this...

Not saying you’re wrong OP, just providing options

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
RTJ is fine. A lot of internet dorks like it. That's all.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Who cares what music other people do or do not listen to?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: me dumb

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Following up on a previous post, I picked up a pair of AfterShokz Aeropex, and they're excellent. I was upgrading from the two models old Titaniums, and they're so much more improved. I bought my wife a pair of the Airs last year or so and they're noticeably improved over those as well, and the previous models were all great.

Also bought some dog boots! Texas pavement gets hot AF in the summer and I gotta protect my cutie babby's little toe beans when we go out jogging. She's a Malinois and would happily destroy herself without complaint, so like, we have to watch out for her bodily safety because she sure as gently caress won't.

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"
https://shop.diamondselecttoys.com/rocketeer-vinimates-vinyl-figure

I discovered that there was a Rocketeer figure I didn't have and this will not stand.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Slimy Hog posted:

Who cares what music other people do or do not listen to?

Hello, welcome to the internet

prayer group posted:

RTJ is fine. A lot of internet dorks like it. That's all.

You don't have to listen to RTJ but you should listen to Killer Mike

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Yeah Killer Mike is the real talent in the group. Saw them at a local show years ago and El-P disappeared afterwards but Mike was by the door photo-opping with anyone who wanted one.

Of course I wanted one. Dude's articulate and rad as hell.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Shame he is a landlord

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Dude's articulate

I don’t know much about killer mike and you may not have meant it this way but this feels kinda racist

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Coffee And Pie posted:

I don’t know much about killer mike and you may not have meant it this way but this feels kinda racist

He is seriously well-spoken. Watch some speeches and interviews.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
about half of what he says is on point then he goes a bit too far and right off the deep end

"Black people should arm themselves" yeah!

"The NRA is good!" uhhhhhhh

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Subjunctive posted:

He is seriously well-spoken. Watch some speeches and interviews.

It's not that people doubt that. It's that "articulate" (or "well-spoken") has historically been a backhanded compliment, if not outright insult for black folks, because of the implication of the unspoken "... for a black person."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bottom Liner posted:

about half of what he says is on point then he goes a bit too far and right off the deep end

"Black people should arm themselves" yeah!

"The NRA is good!" uhhhhhhh
I like his music, but yeah. I loved him when he was having those conversations with Bernie years ago before the 2016 election, but then the NRA stuff made me unfollow him on Twitter, and the stuff he said last weekend isn't helping anything.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

I had literally no prior knowledge of the word articulate being used as a backhanded compliment towards black people and am sorry for the confusion. It was not my intent to imply anything other than a compliment, and I can be mindful of the use of that word going forward.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I had literally no prior knowledge of the word articulate being used as a backhanded compliment towards black people and am sorry for the confusion. It was not my intent to imply anything other than a compliment, and I can be mindful of the use of that word going forward.

It's definitely a known dog whistle but not the most obvious.

Related to that and the country bein on fire, it's payday so I donate to ACLU SoCal and the Bail Project. Company also matching so :woop:. I will be buying a lot of fruit and veg tomorrow because it's farmer's market day. My partner has discovered the joys and ease of dehydrating fruit, so earlier this week we dried 6 lbs of kiwis and turned 2 lbs of cherries into fruit roll ups, and all that only lasted a couple days. She's strongly considering buying 15 lbs of kiwis this week.....

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

I made the mistake of looking at their site and seeing they were a) licensed with Marvel's Punisher and b)entirely sold out of my sizes and now I'm sad

Edit: why is my text a link to that quoted picture's hosting? I'm not using bbcode to do so.

I got really lucky. I ordered the discs and hoodie right before they all sold out. Glad I could get some limited run merch for a bad rear end album that I'm really enjoying.

For fucks sake just go and listen to the album you retards. If you like it support the band and buy some of their poo poo and post about it here. If you don't like it go find the thread for dumb dickheads cause that's where you belong.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Trabant posted:

It's not that people doubt that. It's that "articulate" (or "well-spoken") has historically been a backhanded compliment, if not outright insult for black folks, because of the implication of the unspoken "... for a black person."

What is a better way to say that, then? Or does one just not comment on that aspect of a Black person?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Subjunctive posted:

What is a better way to say that, then? Or does one just not comment on that aspect of a Black person?

I'd probably focus more on the content of their message than the words they used, personally. Something like "their message is very powerful" or similar. Evoke the emotions that they are able to convey moreso their ability to piece words together. Which is actually what I think OP is saying, but our language and history got in the way of that.

I recommend that for non-POC too. What makes great speakers great is translating their ideas into messages that are sent out like missles.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Shut the gently caress up and post cool poo poo you’ve bought you absolute dorks

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

TraderStav posted:

I'd probably focus more on the content of their message than the words they used, personally. Something like "their message is very powerful" or similar. Evoke the emotions that they are able to convey moreso their ability to piece words together. Which is actually what I think OP is saying, but our language and history got in the way of that.

I recommend that for non-POC too. What makes great speakers great is translating their ideas into messages that are sent out like missles.

Yeah, I guess I think of “well-spoken” as describing their ability to do that translating. Thanks for the insight. It’s not something I’d considered to be an issue before (maybe less fraught with baggage here in Canada?), and I’m glad to be aware of it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I purchased several bottles of wine for $2.49 a piece at Aldi.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

FutureBoy posted:

https://shop.diamondselecttoys.com/rocketeer-vinimates-vinyl-figure

I discovered that there was a Rocketeer figure I didn't have and this will not stand.

Please post your Rocketeer figure collection. Only because I imagine it looks exactly like someone's anime figure collection, but with Rocketeer figures instead.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

IUG posted:

Please post your Rocketeer figure collection. Only because I imagine it looks exactly like someone's anime figure collection, but with Rocketeer figures instead.

Idk, I don’t remember the rocketeer’s titties being all that big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

Shut the gently caress up and post cool poo poo you’ve bought you absolute dorks

I found this very insightful, please YOU go back to posting cool poo poo I'll never be able to afford