Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Private Speech posted:

Just got a scam text (suspicious activity on your account tell us your bank details etc.) and apparently my banks fraud line doesn't work on account of 'roni.

I didn't tell them anything but still, fuckers the lot of them (either lot really, though the covid bit is understandable).

My bank card was once stopped because my bank thought it was suspicious that I was withdrawing 200 Euros at 4am on a Sunday in Berlin, but the letter they sent me to tell me this was printed on a photocopied letterhead piece of paper that looked as dodgy as gently caress. I also only knew my card had legit been stopped because when I went to buy a graphics card as my previous one had died the evening before I flew to Berlin

The 33 runs from Reading to Turnham's Farm and you don't know where that is either

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

OwlFancier posted:

I'm going to venture that a horse is not capable of comprehending systemic racism or experiencing its effects on its society. For the same reason that a horse is not capable of experiencing slavery, because that is a thing done to humans by other humans and which hurts people in human ways.

Neither of those things are just momentary experiences of fear.
Horses might not have the the developed brains of homo sapiens but they are fully capable of suffering psychology damage from long term abuse.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pablo Bluth posted:

Horses might not have the the developed brains of homo sapiens but they are fully capable of suffering psychology damage from long term abuse.

Yes, nobody is denying that, they are simply laughing at the ridiculous language you chose to use which makes you sound like a bad right wing comedian's parody of a vegan

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Poor Freckles, thought of Antifa and died.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Or my complaint is that it is trivializing the depth of suffering that racism causes in society by suggesting that it equates to being mean to horses.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

My bank card was once stopped because my bank thought it was suspicious that I was withdrawing 200 Euros at 4am on a Sunday in Berlin, but the letter they sent me to tell me this was printed on a photocopied letterhead piece of paper that looked as dodgy as gently caress. I also only knew my card had legit been stopped because when I went to buy a graphics card as my previous one had died the evening before I flew to Berlin

I did enjoy that after looking at the "things we'll never ask you for" I called the actual bank fraud line, made double extra sure I got the number right off the official bank website, and

they asked for one of the things they claimed to never ask for. (CVV code)

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

forkboy84 posted:

Yes, nobody is denying that, they are simply laughing at the ridiculous language you chose to use which makes you sound like a bad right wing comedian's parody of a vegan
Obviously this is the internet and SA so I'm being somewhat mischievous but nevertheless I genuinely reject Anthropocentrism and think that pro-Anthropocentrism and anti-racism cannot logically be mutally-held beliefs.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can't say I've found it very difficult.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/MGreenwoodWW/status/1269363250505940993?s=19

https://twitter.com/MGreenwoodWW/status/1269363436011601920?s=19

Sigh

zhar
May 3, 2019

Pablo Bluth posted:

Obviously this is the internet and SA so I'm being somewhat mischievous but nevertheless I genuinely reject Anthropocentrism and think that pro-Anthropocentrism and anti-racism cannot logically be mutally-held beliefs.

maybe, if one holds the belief that some races are less human

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Causing pain and distress to horses is bad and wrong.

Forcing horses to charge people and bringing them into this kind of situation without a real and pressing need is wrong and ultimately the reason that particular horse bolted and trampled someone.

The distress of the horse, any injuries suffered by the cop and the person trampled all squarely rest on the shoulders of the police force.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if a horse is being used as an offensive weapon then tbh I have a hard time seeing why it's immoral to harm it in an attempt to prevent it from hurting yourself or others, it's self defence and a horse's life is less valuable than a human's for p much exactly the same reasons that it's not capable of comprehending that it's being used as a tool of oppression

like I don't think it would be wrong to kick a police dog (or any dog for that matter) that's mauling someone. even though we all wish it hadn't been trained to maul people, that doesn't help in the here and now while it's trying to rip someone's face off

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

that horse can't see where it's going, right? are they completely blinded by those visor things?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Blinkers are normally to specifically stop it from seeing anything other than where it's going.

Because horses are barely controlled bundles of insanity at the best of times and they panic if they see things in their peripheral vision.

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah their computer and mobile device will probably be checked, I'm just not sure whether an actual offence has been committed, even though there was clearly the intent to.

The comedy option here is that the judge finds that both the wannabe nonce and the pedo vigilantes were all engaging in conspiracy to outrage public decency, since they jointly arranged a scenario where lewd messages relating to a minor were exchanged in a form viewable by two or more other people, assuming it was a group of vigilantes. I doubt that will happen though.

It'll most likely go down as "Inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity". We've got a few guys on Community Orders because of these vigilante groups, not a fan of them at all - quite a few of them have just found a quasi-legal way to get away with assaulting people because they know almost nobody is going to go to bat for "paedos".

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Pablo Bluth posted:

Why? Race is a social construct but I'm not sure you can say the same about the difference between humans and animals.

Whitey Snipes posted:

It'll most likely go down as "Inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity". We've got a few guys on Community Orders because of these vigilante groups, not a fan of them at all - quite a few of them have just found a quasi-legal way to get away with assaulting people because they know almost nobody is going to go to bat for "paedos".

Can they actually charge that when the child in question didn't exist?

Also where are these vigilante groups getting pictures of underage kids to make fake profiles with?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

OwlFancier posted:

Blinkers are normally to specifically stop it from seeing anything other than where it's going.

Because horses are barely controlled bundles of insanity at the best of times.

yeah but these look like they completely cover the eyes so the horse has to rely on its rider, but I don't know if they can see a bit or what

just wondering if that panicked horse running down a city street had any idea of what was in front of it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Fairly sure most nonce vigilantes are nonces themselves.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

baka kaba posted:

yeah but these look like they completely cover the eyes so the horse has to rely on its rider, but I don't know if they can see a bit or what

just wondering if that panicked horse running down a city street had any idea of what was in front of it

I don't know if they would go if they were totally blind, but they do make basically face shields for police horses.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

It might just be the light making them look opaque, it went pretty straight down the street at least

deftly avoided that traffic light

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Race is a myth, there's very little to support it and every time you try to formalize it you end up with the worst kinds of loving idiocy, like South Africa using the pencil test to find out who's a 'non-white' or declaring that Japanese people are actually white because they're buying our pig iron and selling us electronics socially advanced in comparable ways.

Some philosophers like Quayshawn Spencer would argue that it's a socially useful one in some cases though, like logging discrimination in employment or covid deaths, perhaps similar to some conceptions of gender with its general correlation to sex, and argues for radical racial pluralism.

Whitey Snipes posted:

The imaginary child that the vigilante group created to draw the incitement was 13.

I agree though, the groups do very little about the systemic protection of children, and they don't know enough about the law to do it in such a way that helps convict anyone. It's possible that they create a social fear so that some would be child abusers don't contact kids on the internet but that sounds like individual solutions to social problems given the suspected volume of grooming, basically about as useful as Tommy Robinson trying to mistrial nonce cases to own the nonces.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Pablo Bluth posted:

The horse bolted after someone threw a bicycle at it which is not cool. Horses aren't racist or willingly participant in an oppressive system.

It's not like Comrade Horse asked to be enrolled in the police force or agreed to it

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
The protests today have made quite a few Respectable Commentators drop their masks:
https://twitter.com/darrengrimes_/status/1269336367026384896
'our white troops'

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I uh, don't think he's what I would call a "respectable commentator" even euphemistically.

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

jabby posted:

Why? Race is a social construct but I'm not sure you can say the same about the difference between humans and animals.

Can they actually charge that when the child in question didn't exist?

Also where are these vigilante groups getting pictures of underage kids to make fake profiles with?

They definitely can, I don't know the legal specifics because this is from the perspective of a Probation Officer but I'm working with a guy at the moment who was convicted for arranging to meet a 12 year old (undercover Police) after sexually-explicit chats on Kik.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
our white troops indeed

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Yeah he’s the dictionary definition of a patsy if anything

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

OwlFancier posted:

I uh, don't think he's what I would call a "respectable commentator" even euphemistically.
i wouldn't either, but the BBC disagrees!

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
As a "white troop" that statement makes me loving rage, I loving hate it when absolute weasels try to use my job as leverage like we actually give a gently caress, to be honest BAME and LGBTQ+ issues are actually pretty high on agendas within the military and as an organisation we are making great strides.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Whitey Snipes posted:

They definitely can, I don't know the legal specifics because this is from the perspective of a Probation Officer but I'm working with a guy at the moment who was convicted for arranging to meet a 12 year old (undercover Police) after sexually-explicit chats on Kik.
That's probably why the undercover picked 12, and the pedo hunter group didn't.

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

That's probably why the undercover picked 12, and the pedo hunter group didn't.

Nah, I picked the "Under 13" because I skim-read the post and I'd written a report for a guy convicted of it this week so it was fresh in mind.

"Section 10: Causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity
The elements of the offence are:

(A) aged 18 or over intentionally causes or incites another person (B) to engage in an activity
the activity is sexual, and
either (B) is under 16 and (A) does not reasonably believe that B is 16 or over, or
(B) is under 13."

This would cover the 16 and under.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I assume they pick 12 to avoid the brainmaster defence that they secretly knew that the undercover was over 16, because they could tell by some of the pixels.

Also I assume (for better or worse in different cases) that the undercovers know what evidence they'd need for an incitement charge, whereas the pedo hunters seem not to.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Apraxin posted:

The protests today have made quite a few Respectable Commentators drop their masks:
https://twitter.com/darrengrimes_/status/1269336367026384896
'our white troops'

Grimes is a gigantic oval office, but his tweet about that Police officer being knocked off his horse by protesters did lead to this beautiful account being created https://twitter.com/LeftistLight/status/1269343107415490563

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol jk rowling is have A Normal One on twitter again. imagine being a billionaire and being unable to stfu about trans people online

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Jose posted:

lol jk rowling is have A Normal One on twitter again. imagine being a billionaire and being unable to stfu about trans people online

https://twitter.com/PeskySplinter/status/1269393003694653442

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Jose posted:

honestly it's kind of refreshing that she's finally saying what she thinks rather than just strongly implying it through her likes and follows. now we all can do so much less explaining when people ask why she's a dingus

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Who is erasing the concept of sex? Is that what rubbing one out means?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

In my society where we all walk around with backscatter X ray machines and and chromosomal sequencers, it is impossible to talk about our lived experience without invoking sex.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
it's okay, she's read multiple blogs

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1269394077176541189

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Guavanaut posted:

Who is erasing the concept of sex? Is that what rubbing one out means?

Trans people, by existing, apparently. She's not that bright.

Frankly I'm astonished that Hatsune Miku has managed to expand her oeuvre to include both Minecraft and the Harry Potter novels, that's a wide range of expertise.